PDA

View Full Version : Easter/Spring Traditions?

Lillylolly
January 28th, 2011, 08:43 AM
What sort of traditions do you share at Easter? We usually have a "Easter Tree" in the drawing room. I make it out of large twigs (either painted or natural) then I hang tiny ornaments and tie on pastel ribbon.

We also dye hard boiled eggs and leave out an "Easter Basket" for the Easter Bunny to find.

What sort of things do you do?

BoyDreaming
January 28th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Last year was the first Easter we really celebrated with the girls. DH and I stuffed eggs and then hid them. I also cooked a large dinner for our families. This next Easter we will probably celebrate at my soon-to-be stepdad's. He's stuffing and hiding over 1,000 eggs for the kids (my kids, his nieces, nephews, etc.), having the large jumping house thingies, ponies, etc. Ours just seem to change from year to year for the most part.

Gus
February 14th, 2011, 05:00 PM
We don't really do anything. We make up baskets for each kid, go to church, then have a little Easter egg hunt in the backyard. We don't dye eggs because nobody likes them hard-boiled, so it seems like a waste. In my hometown they had an annual Easter egg hunt but the one here is so disorganized and overrun by nasty little kids that we don't go anymore.