PDA

View Full Version : Laundry!

Lillylolly
January 28th, 2011, 08:44 AM
How many loads of laundry do you do per day?

I do around 2 plus the diapers every 2nd day. I can't imagine how many loads bigger families do per day.

Liv
January 28th, 2011, 10:04 AM
I would say 2-3. I never have a day where I don't need to do laundry.

Tweens&aBaby
January 28th, 2011, 10:35 AM
I do one a day and then on a weekend day I will do 3.

nuthinbutpink
January 28th, 2011, 10:50 AM
I do two loads every other day it seems. I catch up on the weekends though. My kids wear a uniform to school and my DH wears a suit everyday so there is little laundry between them.

My loads are HUGE though!!

Orchid
January 28th, 2011, 11:42 AM
We do only on Sundays, May be 4-5 huge loads. We both work so lot of work clothes goes to the dry cleaners.

Gus
January 28th, 2011, 01:24 PM
I do 2-3 each day. There are 7 of us so I each day I do a load of one person's clothing, then a load of their bedding. Then 2 or 3 times a week I run a couple loads of whites and a couple loads of towels.

prettyinpink18
January 28th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Laundry is by far my least favorite chore so I put it off till I have a mountain. I do a load or 2 every few days and try to catch up on the weekends.

nuthinbutpink
January 28th, 2011, 03:30 PM
I do 2-3 each day. There are 7 of us so I each day I do a load of one person's clothing, then a load of their bedding. Then 2 or 3 times a week I run a couple loads of whites and a couple loads of towels.

How often do you wash bedding?

Lillylolly
January 28th, 2011, 03:31 PM
I wash all bedding once per week.

BoyDreaming
January 28th, 2011, 04:51 PM
We do at least one load of laundry a day. And that's after we get home from work. On the weekends, it's all day. Or as much as we're home. We're so behind on the laundry it's pitiful. We just moved a couple weeks ago, so that hasn't been helping matters.

skrimpy
January 28th, 2011, 08:40 PM
We are a family of 6 soon to be 7. DH is the laundry person in our home and he does all the laundry on Sundays - usually three loads (dark, light, whites) - sometimes two loads of darks. If we have a baby I do diapers about every other day on my own. We do sheets/towels every couple of weeks on Friday or Saturday.

I want to edit to add that the three bigger kids fold all their own laundry, and DH has taught them to sort it, too. They also fold the 2yo's things. DH folds his and my laundry. I don't fold diapers :p I do fold sheets but the kids fold their own blankets and the towels.

Eden
January 30th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Probably about 2 every 2 days not including bedding and towels

BoyDreaming
January 31st, 2011, 11:43 AM
How do some of you have such large families and only do minimal laundry?! Do you have like the huge, commercial size washers? Or do your kids and DH's just not change clothes every couple of hours like mine do?

atomic sagebrush
January 31st, 2011, 12:08 PM
3 loads most days, more if I do sheets. That's the only reason I didn't do cloth diapers like I did with my older boys, there's just not enough time to get it all washed.

chachamama
January 31st, 2011, 01:26 PM
On average I do 4 loads a week... I don't wash sheets as often as I should though (especially after reading this thread!)

Jojogirl
January 31st, 2011, 03:12 PM
How many loads of laundry do you do per day?

I do around 2 plus the diapers every 2nd day. I can't imagine how many loads bigger families do per day.

I do too many that I lost count. That is why I could never do the diapers. I'm sorry...I would go MAD! LOL! I give Moms with big families a lot of credit if they use cloth. I hate laundry with a purple passion. I don't want to add to my laundry routine unless I get another cute newborn to snuggle...LOL!

Persuing Lacey
February 3rd, 2011, 08:34 PM
Probably average one load per day which includes sheets and towels. Having a hard time getting it dry at the moment as it is so humid in Australia at the moment. From floods, cyclones and humidity we are really suffering at the moment.

CocoChanel
February 3rd, 2011, 11:59 PM
Wow I was surprised to read these responses. I do a TON of laundry, but I am very picky about what goes together, so that is probably why I do so many loads. My washer is going from the minute I wake up, to when I go to bed. I always say it is working, even when I am not! My washer makes his money. I would say at LEAST 6 loads a day, at the very, very least. :sigh: It is an energy efficient washer! And it has a steam cycle which takes FOREVER to finish, but is well worth it for certain items.

Coccinelle33
February 4th, 2011, 11:56 PM
about 3 but i should be doing at least 4.

JackiesHope
February 14th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Mine is about 4 loads a week plus bedding so that would be 7. If anyone is sick then double it.

MyLilSweetPeas
February 21st, 2011, 07:00 AM
We are a family of six and I have to wash about 3 loads a day. I don't mix my loads though, I separate everything. The only thing I don't separate is whites and towels because I bleach those in one load. If I separated those it would add two more small loads so that's another reason I combine those, just to make one regular load.

Lilian78
February 21st, 2011, 08:35 AM
I have a large capacity washer. I think if I did one very large load every single day I could keep up with clothes (and then maybe sheets and towels on the weekend?). But if I miss 2 days, it feels like I have to spend half a Saturday doing laundry!

atomic sagebrush
February 21st, 2011, 09:01 AM
We are hoping to move to a house with solar power and my husband informed me last night that I could only do one load of wash a day! I don't know how I'll manage that!!! :P

Zivic-Bubac
March 22nd, 2011, 03:56 PM
On average I do 4 loads a week... I don't wash sheets as often as I should though (especially after reading this thread!)

Same here!:p I do 1 load every other day. I actually like laundry, it's cooking I hate with passion! LOL!!!

Zivic-Bubac
March 22nd, 2011, 03:58 PM
We are hoping to move to a house with solar power and my husband informed me last night that I could only do one load of wash a day! I don't know how I'll manage that!!! :P

I will give you the instructions! LOLOL!

carsuk
March 25th, 2011, 02:43 PM
loads 3 boys and dh they are all so messy and only one at the moment is rugby training twice a week wait til the others start !!!

ELP
March 25th, 2011, 03:06 PM
I have washing days! Thursdays and Sundays. We have a large machine and I just work my way through the basket on each of these days. I just hate puting it away grrrr:bigsmile:

dreamboat
March 31st, 2011, 04:31 PM
Wow i'm so impressed you do diapers as well - can just about keep up with laundry as is- 2 to 3 loads a day- but there seems to be clothes every where all the time- either going to get washed, washed and on route to be dried or ready to be put away -constant cycle that's neverending!! As you may see from my rant i'm not that found of laundry would love a magic fairy to come and sort it all!!! And as for ironing don't even get me started!!!

purplepoet20
March 31st, 2011, 04:44 PM
I am a little bit of a germ-freak... new bath towels after every bath, new kitchen towels after each meal, new sheets every other day (was everyday), new clothing as soon as they get dirty, and pillows washed once a week. 8-12 Diapers everyday..... carpet, couch, mattresses, and other stuff every other week.

We do about 3 loads a day but I do try to do full loads so we have a lot of hampers.