PDA

View Full Version : What about this reaction to a u/s?

Damienne
June 13th, 2012, 06:25 PM
My SL, she knows by tonight THE gender of her baby, but now she wont tell us! Arrgg..
before the u/s she said she would tell it, and she hoped and was for sure that she was pregnant with à boy, but after the u/s she doesnt tell the gender! After 2 girls....What do you think about this reaction? Is she disaponted? Is that why she wont tell us the gender? I think when i would have my dream gender after all that i would screen it around!!
Does this mean she gets a third girl?

Bambina
June 13th, 2012, 07:39 PM
I'd say that if she changed her mind like that, it's probably another girl. If she's feeling like that, don't push her to tell you.

baabaa
June 13th, 2012, 07:48 PM
I think it is a boy then, and she isn't telling because a) she wants to give everyone a great surprise at the end and b) she doesn't want to tell everyone boy just in case the tech was wrong and doesn't want to get hers (and everyone else's) hopes up. How many weeks is she ... Is it an early guess or at 20w?

This is just my thoughts cos that is what I am planning to do. If this bub is another boy I will tell everyone so that I don't get another 20w of 'I hope it's a girl', but if it is a girl I will keep it as a happy little surprise. I can cope with the comments if it is actually a girl!

But this is just my thoughts, and as Bambina suggested, maybe don't push it In case it's because she is disappointed and wants time to process it herself first.

myGirl
June 13th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Bambina and baabaa are both right... by not telling it could still go either way. She could be sad about another girl or she could be wanting to surprise everyone with a boy. When you talked to her how did she sound? any hint of joy or disappointment?

If she was telling everyone beforehand that she was sure it would be a boy, I would guess that she is disappointed.

Damienne
June 13th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Disaponted, that what i tought to hear in het reaction on THE phone, she said: "we found out the gender", not so happy and when i said: "are you diapointed because you sound à little bit sad?" she said: "no, i must be neutral so you wont guess on my mood", exacly after that she became to exited in her taking... En she told me twice à very good 'he', is that a show? Her dh was definitly not over THE moon, THE only thing he said was: " us was good, i believe that i'm not supose to tell the gender"
He wanted to tell he said before..

I missed the smiling faces, my dh was there at home and her dh was not laughing en trilled but i little bit stressed and upset he said... He also didnt invite my dh in for a beer, thats what hè normaly does.

I dont know but this would not be mine reaction on my dreamgender even when i want to keep it a secret, i would smile en be trilled with my whole face en voice i guess,
What about you?

mis2ninos
June 14th, 2012, 12:29 AM
aw it definitely sounds to me that they are going thru disappointment. :( thats sad. She probably got herself all psyched up this whole time thinking for sure this was a boy, maybe she was having different symptoms...IDK, if I found out I got my DG I would be calling everyone probably the second I walked out the door.

My heart goes out to her.

Damienne
June 14th, 2012, 12:59 AM
Mis2ninos; thats exactly my tought, she is/was convinced about a boy because some old wife tales, en they even talked about there son in public... And dh was happy with 2 girls, she wanted another one, to give him his boy, she decided to get pregnant en she cedeused him the last Ov before she would go to the hospital for steralisation and BAM she had her lucky 'stolen' shot en was pregnant. He was totally flabber guested when he heard the big news...
And in that case i would think that hè would adore en love his wife so happy the whole evening when she is pregnant with his 'whitouthischoise' lovely son, hè would be thankfull i guess... But hè went to watch soccer in à bar with his friends.

Im not ask her about it again, maybe to painfull i guess...

wilma_five
June 14th, 2012, 08:49 AM
I would tell her: "Are you dissapointed? You know you can talk to me about anything you want right? I understand if you want to vent in case there's a little girl on the way!"
Does she knows about your own dissapoinment and that you would love a girl? It's a big taboo you know and maybe she is afraid to "come outside" with it. Maybe she is gonna be really glas when she can talk about it to someone who understands the pain.

lisvna
June 14th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Hmmmm after this I starting to think its probably a girl........

fivebabies
June 14th, 2012, 11:47 AM
I'm thinking its a girl too....

Zivic-Bubac
June 14th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Your poor SIL, I totally understand her :( I'm sure it's another girl for them. I'm waiting for my GD girl to be born and then tell everybody what I already know: unfortunately, it's a girl again:(

5littlegirls
June 14th, 2012, 03:59 PM
It's a girl, for sure, been there enough myself. She's going thru a tough time right now. Give her space, but let her know you're there for her when she needs you to be.

Damienne
June 14th, 2012, 06:22 PM
I think you are all right, this will be another girl. I was at there home this evening and they were fitting at each over almost everthing, and she was trying to 'please' him with everything she does or said...i think she feels guilty to him because thus was only her choise. I didnt get eyecontact with her dh, he avoided me, but normaly we can laugh en chat together...and when i said: "pretty face has this baby on the u/s", he said: "o hhmmm', thats it!! I think he isnt happy! Poor DH of my SIL.
Being trapped and 'maybe' not gething your dream. If this is a boy, I will never believe my heart/feelings anymore, I felt a lot of tension there. Or am I wrong in my thoughts?
(sorry for my bad english)

wilma_five
June 15th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Please go over there and give her a hug!
(if you two are close enough)

Damienne
June 15th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Wilma; you are right, She needs a hug, I see her sunday, at her dhs birthday.

auroara78
June 18th, 2012, 10:56 AM
How did the party go? Did she reveal the gender yet? any more clues? This is like a mystery to solve.

Damienne
June 23rd, 2012, 05:40 PM
They didnt reveal the gender yet, but they still doesnt look happy... I really dont know, when someone brings up the 'gendertalk' they give a sort reaction and look away, they don't play with the people to figure out more guesses if you know what i meen. I have a uktrasound from her 17 wks scan, maby some one can guess by skull but when im honest i dont think that there is anyone on this forum who really knows the skull theory. I think girl by skull.
My aunt asked her what she hipes that the gender will be, she said i hope boy, after two girls but we will see! I think when i knew that there was a little boy in my belly after two boys, i wouldnt say I would like a girl or something like that, but my aunt says, she is someone who does, she is to stupid to think about the feelings of her little baby...i hope everyone knows what i mean because my english is not very good, sorry.

What will it be?

Damienne
June 24th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Today my SIL gave my BIL the opportunity to tell the baby's gender because we were constantly asking about it, he refused to tell it!! I was totally confused, he was the one who wants to tell it from the beginning...,
Everyone was staying that this Will be another baby girl and starting to tell them the advantedges of another girl. Maybe hè was irritated by that that hè wouldnt tell it. Strange if you ask me, this must be à girl or if this was à boy hè would have told it doesnt hè?

What do you think?

Bambina
June 25th, 2012, 12:58 AM
[QUOTE=What do you think?[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I think that if they don't want to tell you because they're disappointed, leave them be.

Damienne
June 25th, 2012, 05:45 PM
You are totally right, i dont ask them anymore but the rest of the family does...

Damienne
July 4th, 2012, 05:19 AM
It's a GIRL!!

dreaminginoz
July 6th, 2012, 02:53 AM
Wow. Im sure shes experiencing some GD based on all your comments and I hope you were able to support her and be there for her and her husband.

auroara78
July 6th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Yeah, I really was guessing that based on their reactions. I hope you can give her lots of love and make her feel less alone :heart:

Damienne
July 7th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Girls you were right, she suffers from gd, she told me, she was so honest about her feelings. She also didnt want to buy girl clothes, she just looked at boy clothes, not nessecery any more makes her feel awfull.. 😂

I helped her finding a nice color to make the babyroom up, wich is purple right now but a third time the same room was to confrontating for her. So we chose light pink and silver, now she was very happing with this help and ideas.

She said her husband had no gd but feels sorry for her that she has these feelings. She was happy that i found out the gender so that she finally could talk to anyone about it. Helping her and listening to her make my gd less worse, i thought: we have only two children, we are always easy be able to choise for nr 3 by HT, but she has tree of a kind now and her husband never want something like HT, ethical reasons and this baby was a oeps baby, which her husband didnt want at first, so she will never get her DS, pfff thats painfull.
She also told me that her husband wants a divorce when the baby is born, because she was unfaithfull years ago during the pregnancy from dd1 and now during this precnancy it happaned almost again...and she believes that her husband would have forget and forgive her everything when she would give him a baby boy 💙. In that case this marriage will end up with two unhappy people, he with no wife and no son but a third daughter he never choosed for and she with no husband and a third daughter she hoped it was a boy and now suffering from gd. 💔

In that case I am so happy with my life, and when I see these trouble I truly believe my gd is fading away.......I love my sons and maybe we will 'choose' for a daughter some day but for now our family is great and compete the way it is!! 💋

jils04
July 12th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Its def a girl otherwise theyd be shouting it from the rooftops. Poor thing

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk