PDA

View Full Version : The lure of Lubes!!

atomic sagebrush
January 28th, 2011, 12:47 PM
UPDATED 12-13-17

I thought it would be helpful to have an overview of ALL swaying lubes in one spot to kind of compare them.

:ttcboy: BLUE SWAYING LUBES - Use only those sold as "sperm safe" or "conception friendly". All other lubes on the market are at least somewhat sperm-unfriendly and sway pink as a result.

:agree:Pre Seed http://www.preseed.com/ Specially designed to help people get pregnant, Pre Seed is very sperm friendly and sways blue by ensuring maximum sperm survival. Pre Seed was designed in a lab to be as similar to EWCM as is possible!

:agree: Conceive Plus: Similar to Preseed and also atomic-approved. I do not know which if either one is better, both are fine by me.

:agree: any sperm safe, conception friendly lube is fine.

:agree: Perhaps the best boy friendly lube of all is our own fertile EWCM. You can increase your CM in many different ways, including guaifenesin http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-a-boy-best-practices/504-cough-syrup-guaifenesin-ttc-boy.html#post2717 staying hydrated (lemon water, y'all! http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-a-boy-best-practices/1515-boy-friendly-beverages.html?1515-Boy-friendly-beverages= ) .

Do NOT use Fertile CM as it appeared to dry up the cervical mucus in at least half of the people who took it, it seemed to cause really wacky, messed up cycles, and a LOT of the people who took it got girls anyway!

Sexual arousal is also a good way to improve EWCM. Foreplay in advance of DTD is a great idea, whatever turns you on (literally!!) Lucky blue swayers, orgasm is a very important part of a blue sway because it increases the natural lubricants that your own body produces!! So a female orgasm BEFORE your attempt is a fabulous idea for blue. If you can have one before and after, maybe even better. https://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/27912-o-no-orgasms-swaying.html

:thumbsdown: Coconut oil. Sperm are not designed to swim through oil and there is NO EARTHLY WAY that as many sperm will get to the egg in an oily, greasy environment as one that has exclusively semen and EWCM. Sperm is made to live in semen and EWCM ONLY. NO coconut oil, I don't care who tells you to use it, or how safe they say it is, if sperm were made to swim through oil, our vaginas would be oily. They are not oily! NO COCONUT OIL!

:thumbsdown: Saliva. Believe it or not, saliva actually kills sperm and is recommended to avoid for anyone trying to conceive. Most people can conceive anyway after using it as a lube, but that's the official verdict from the intrepid researchers who study stuff like this.

:thumbsdown: Egg whites - While they are said to sway blue I cannot and will not recommend the egg whites EVER because we have some pretty good anecdotal evidence that it is causing or contributing to miscarriage and possible death. A woman who swayed with egg whites back on Ingender ended up getting a salmonella infection in her uterus that ate its way into her spine and brain and while it's possible it was all just a crazy coincidence, since we have tons of studies that show salmonella = miscarriage in humans and animals I literally cannot allow anyone to use it on my watch.

Even pasteurized egg whites are a no-go for me because you can get salmonella in your VJ from your rear end or from hubby (it is possible to get a salmonella infection in your uterus that way and this comes straight from the doctor of the woman who nearly died) and egg whites are literally a perfect medium for bacteria (not only salmonella either, BTW). Egg whites grow germs so well that is what they grow vaccines in.

So you're shooting a bunch of stuff that is perfect for microorganisms to grow, into your VJ right when your cervix - the path to your uterus itself - is wide open and your pH is at its highest. This creates a situation where it's like offering an invitation for nasty bugs. Anything in your VJ to start with (like yeast and other bacteria) anything that is on DH when you have attempt, anything that's on your hands or around your rear end - and even if you're a super clean person it is impossible to get rid of it all - will be able to set up shop and grow its way right into your uterus, your Fallopian tubes, and can harm a developing pregnancy and even your long term fertility.

Egg whites feel very unsafe to me and when we were using them, people were having really low rates of conception anyway. Just because egg whites have a similar consistency to EWCM they are totally different things chemically and physically and sperm are not designed to go through egg whites. Preseed is designed by scientists to be as close to EWCM as is possible. NO EGG WHITES!

Beyond all that, it's totally unproven that Y sperm like high pH anyway and if they do, common sense dictates that if they like high pH, then they would stay in the egg whites (which are higher pH than anything up inside your reproductive tract!!) and never find the egg!! I have a full explanation here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/11684-ph-pickle.html

Preseed or Conceive Plus are much better options and I strongly (emphatically) advise against egg whites.

:ttcgirl: ALL other lubes on the market sway pink to some extent, because they're all somewhat hostile to sperm. Update - please note that in our results over the past 7 years, NONE of these lubes has been very effective with the same number of people getting girls with and without them. Use them if you want, but don't expect them to help your sway any (be sure you're doing diet, exercise, one attempt - which DO work) and they really do cut odds of conception considerably so be sure you're dropping lubes before giving up on the things that DO work!

:agree: Acijel - This was once believed to be the best product available for TTC pink, although our results have not backed that claim up. It was actually designed to sway, as opposed to other products which were designed either as lubricants or to maintain a healthy vaginal pH. Contains acetic acid, which is believed to help sway pink.

:agree: Replens and RepHresh (Link)http://www.rephresh.com/ If you use these every three days, they help with maintaining healthy vaginal pH of 4-5 and providing moisture. RepHresh also contains acetic acid and will actually lower pH of semen and CM by reacting with it chemically. Replens is simply low in pH. Our results have not backed up RepHresh or Replens being in any way helpful to a sway.

:agree: Sylk http://www.sylkonline.com/ is a natural personal lubricant with a pH of 4.7. The Sylk website states outright that Sylk is hostile to sperm. In terms of girl-friendly lubes, that are meant to just act as sexual lubricants, I think this is the best one. Acijel, Replens, and RepHresh all seem to work best as part of a sway and then you can ADD Sylk to your attempt as a lubricant. Unfortunately Sylk has not gotten great results either, seeming to not help our success rates at all. AT least, unlike Acijel, Replens, and RepHresh, it's a good lube, although it's really expensive and hard to get. I wouldn't bother with it, but of all the choices at least it works for comfy BD!

:agree:Astroglide http://www.astroglideaustralia.com/ An easy to find, affordable lube that is pH balanced to mimic the natural pH of the vagina (I couldn't find a specific number but that seems to mean between 4.5-5). I think Sylk is better, but Astroglide is ok.

:agree: KY jelly. NOT the same pH as the vagina (it's higher but I couldn't find the exact number). Not a good choice for swaying. Here's an interesting article that EVERYONE should read, it's about more than just KY and sort of explains why some of these lubes are hostile to sperm and therefore sway pink. Honestly, as bad/ineffective as the other lubes and jellies have been for pink, at least I've heard anecdotally of some people getting girls after using KY, and it is cheap. If you need a lube and don't want to pay out the nose to order Sylk online, why not KY? It does kill sperm though.
http://www.theecologist.org/green_green_living/behind_the_label/269286/behind_the_label_ky_jelly.html

:thumbsdown: Saliva. Believe it or not, saliva actually kills sperm and is recommended to avoid for anyone trying to conceive. Plus it's high in pH anyway if that matters to you. Most people can conceive anyway after using it as a lube, but that's the official verdict from the intrepid researchers who study stuff like this.

:thumbsdown: Canola oil. It's messy, greasy, pretty high in pH (6.8). Oils tend to trigger vaginal infections and eat away at rubber meaning you can't use them with a Diva/Instead cup or with the Hole-in-the-condom method. With the better options out there, DON'T BOTHER with it.

Plus, sperm are not designed to swim through oil and there is NO EARTHLY WAY that as many sperm will get to the egg in an oily, greasy environment as one that has exclusively semen and EWCM. Sperm is made to live in semen and EWCM ONLY. NO canola oil, I don't care who tells you to use it, or how safe they say it is, if sperm were made to swim through oil, our vaginas would be oily. They are not oily! NO CANOLA OIL!

Pink swayers, please take note - if you have gone on TTC for a long time and have not conceived OR are super dry and need something OR are on Clomid/Femara, you can use a small amount of sperm safe, conception friendly jelly (such as Preseed or Conceive Plus) as a lube. Larger amounts sway blue so use the barest minimum you can for comfy intercourse - just a fingertip is enough for many people. More info here. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-to-conceive-a-girl/62750-using-preseed-ttc-girl.html

babydust
January 29th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Great info! And I agree, I've seen far too many boy conceptions with Canola oil. I tried it once during a practice attempt and it was sooo messy! Sylk worked great as a lube for us and we used replens finger every few days as well as after we made our attempt. In some women replens and/or aci jel, even sylk, can increase pH so they have to be sure to test out all the lubes first. For me the only thing that seems to raise my pH is the best product out there, aci jel! haha. Great post!

atomic sagebrush
January 29th, 2011, 12:03 PM
I agree that everyone should test in advance but I do believe that the bump in pH may be temporary (your body reacting to a foreign substance by producing fluid to wash it away. I hope everyone gives it a few tries to see if it is consistently raises pH or if your body "gets used" to it.

Oh and they also sway pink because they're hostile to sperm, not only because of pH, so even if your pH does go up a little, the additional benefits may outweigh the pH.

babydust
January 29th, 2011, 12:09 PM
ooh, i see what you mean. So there might be hope with aci jel for me after all! :) I just think the 4 hour after the attempt is crucial, especially since I like the abstinance with a cut off technique. If I can keep my pH low for those 4 hours using a combo of replens or aci jel and lime douche, that may be the way to go, kwim? Scared me too much to have my pH any higher than 5 at any point in the 4 hour period

atomic sagebrush
January 29th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Only with a cut off though. 4 hours after O+12, the sperm has already left the building because the egg is calling to it.

I really hope you read my guide to Replens and RepHresh because RepHresh may actually work better in the long term at keeping pH low during a cutoff.

babydust
January 29th, 2011, 12:26 PM
very very interesting! Thanks so much for this info. Just finished reading your post about replens and rephresh.

Rephresh does seem to be better in the long run!
Like when used the day after the attempt. But you can't use it with lime douche, that's the only thing that worries me since lime douche is the only thing that worked for me last time. Definitely something to think about though, fabulous info!

atomic sagebrush
January 29th, 2011, 12:44 PM
There's no way of knowing what really and truly worked for you though. Maybe it was the lime douche, maybe it was the Sylk, the diet, or some combination of them!! I'm just glad it worked out for you because your little girl is a DOLL!!

babydust
January 29th, 2011, 12:51 PM
yeah that's very very true, there is just nooo way of knowing what worked, and I bet it was just a combo of everything.

Awww, and thank you!!!! You're boys are soooo adorable also! I can't believe Marshall is ONE already, time really does fly :0)

atomic sagebrush
January 29th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Thanks!! I know, time has gone by too quickly.

crystal-light
January 29th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Could you use lime douche before attempt and rephresh after?

atomic sagebrush
January 30th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Could you use lime douche before attempt and rephresh after?

IF you were doing a cutoff and 100% sure that you wouldn't O for three days, that would probably be ok (because the RepHresh would raise pH of the lime to 4.5 but then lower the pH of the semen/CM for three days afterwards) I think it's better to never mix lime with RepHresh though - we don't know how high the bump in pH will be, how long it will last, and what if you O early?? If you're sold on lime then do lime with Acijel, Replens, or Sylk.

crystal-light
January 30th, 2011, 03:58 PM
IF you were doing a cutoff and 100% sure that you wouldn't O for three days, that would probably be ok (because the RepHresh would raise pH of the lime to 4.5 but then lower the pH of the semen/CM for three days afterwards) I think it's better to never mix lime with RepHresh though - we don't know how high the bump in pH will be, how long it will last, and what if you O early?? If you're sold on lime then do lime with Acijel, Replens, or Sylk.
Not particularly sold on the lime b/c we'll probably going for O+12. I want to get acijel and see what it does for my ph. Would it do any good to use anything after dtd if you're doing O+12?

atomic sagebrush
January 31st, 2011, 08:37 AM
It might be good to use something IMMEDIATELY after but any longer than that and the sperm are already gone on the hunt for the egg. Some sperm do stay behind in the cervical crypts and wait for some reason scientists don't understand, but with an O+12 that is irrelevant because the egg is already on the scene and will be fertilized by the sperm that head up first.

If it makes you feel better, safer, more thorough to keep your pH low for hours on end, it doesn't hurt anything. But I don't think it's necessary.

babydust
February 12th, 2011, 10:38 AM
hey! So just a quick question about replens and rephresh.

Ok, so with a cut off, the 4 hours after O, I think for some it's good to get pH low and keep it low asap. I know for me, a combo of replens and a small amount of lime douche works great. So that's probably what I would do.

Now, since lime douche was used, when is would one be able to use some rephresh? Could it be used the next day after using lime douche the night before? Or is it better to stay away from rephresh all together if you use any lime douche during the cut off attempt?

Thanks!

atomic sagebrush
February 12th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Do you mean, 4 hours after BD? If it's 4 hours after O, the sperm are already on the way to the egg.

I do think it would be safe to use RepHresh the next day, like 12 hours later. WITH a cutoff, not with O+12, because with O+12 the sperm will be long gone by the next day.

babydust
February 12th, 2011, 03:31 PM
oh good to know. And I mean from the time you dtd until 4 hours. So lets say you dtd at 8 pm...from 8-12 pm would be the crucial time to keep pH low. Then you want to continue keeping pH low, but it's good to know that by around 12 pm the next day (roughly 12 hours after the lime douche) you can start using the rephresh. That might raise pH a bit, but then will keep it between 4 and 4.5 through O which is nice, especially since it's really hard to check pH in the middle of the night. When using rephresh finger, that solves that problem. But of course, only with cut off.

How long is the rephresh supposed to last and buffer pH to 4-4.5? Around 2-3 days? Just wondering roughly, how many applications of rephresh one would have to use from cut off until O. And I guess each time you use the rephresh finger pH has the potential to go as high as 5.0? I wonder, would it make pH even higher than that at first? How long should it take for the pH to get buffered to 4.0-4.5?

It seems like a fantastic solution when used with a cut off, and it has the acetic acid which is awesome.

The only thing is that if the rephresh isn't working, you can't just go and do a lime douche to get pH down, kwim? 'cause that could cause the pH to go up like crazy. So if the rephresh isn't working, you really can't do much to help the situation. That is the only thing that scares me about using the rephresh.

Still awesome research and I think it sounds very promising!! :)

atomic sagebrush
February 12th, 2011, 04:10 PM
RepHresh is supposed to keep pH down for 3 days. I haven't tested this personally but it's what the website claims.

I feel like if you use a half-applicator of RepHresh the morning after DTD it would work for the entire cutoff. I can't speculate about RepHresh finger vs. applicator because I haven't tested it personally but I hope people give themselves a lot of time to play around with it.

I agree, if the RepHresh doesn't seem to be working, it would prob. be a bad idea to do a lime douche and if pH rises, I would try to use Sylk instead.

babydust
February 12th, 2011, 04:59 PM
oooh, a 1/2 applicator of rephresh is what's needed. I agree, I think the best way to know how it works is with experimentation :). Sounds really promising though!

atomic sagebrush
February 13th, 2011, 09:01 AM
oooh, a 1/2 applicator of rephresh is what's needed. I agree, I think the best way to know how it works is with experimentation :). Sounds really promising though!

I don't KNOW that for a fact. This is guesswork based on what seems to make sense to me. I don't think a fingertip does much. A fingertip of Replens at your cervix will certainly make it SEEM like your pH is low but I have to wonder if people are just testing the pH of the Replens, KWIM?? I don't see how a fingertip of anything could affect the pH throughout your vagina for three days during a cutoff, if that makes sense. You need it to get into all the nooks and crannies (EW.)

I bought some Replens and the applicators are pretty tiny (assuming the RepHresh applicators are the same size) so I think a half-applicator makes the most sense. If people try it, the worst that can happen is that they won't get pg that month and can try again and use less (and if anyone does this and it's too much, LET ME KNOW!!!)

babydust
February 13th, 2011, 10:45 AM
yeah, that makes sense, come to think of it a 1/2 applicator probably isn't that much at all. And I know what you mean, after using a finger tip amount of replens and testing pH, probably we are just getting the pH of the replens, haha

LolaInLove
February 14th, 2011, 03:24 PM
I have a boy lube question! I tried the ew for my first 3 attempts, but always had some (well, lots) come out afterwards. I would even put some in and then bear down for a minute to make sure it wasn't sweeping the sperm OUT after dtd, even though I tried the ICs and propped hips, etc. I'm just not sure I was doing it right. One month I feared the ph was above 10 as I only had phion strips and it was in some weird high ph "gray area." But, I do have preseed.....do you all think the ew is a much better sway or do you think preseed is good enough? I just hate the whole ew ordeal and would rather just use preseed, even if I taint it with a little baking soda first...much easier than the ew. I'll crack some eggs if it is really much better, though!

LolaInLove
February 14th, 2011, 03:26 PM
OK, sounds like I was jumping and dumping there...what I meant was that I would insert, have a big O (solo, in the bathroom, hehe) and then bear down BEFORE dtd so there wasn't a giant sloppy mess of ew everywhere, which happened on my newbie sway attempt.

atomic sagebrush
February 15th, 2011, 01:26 PM
I have a boy lube question! I tried the ew for my first 3 attempts, but always had some (well, lots) come out afterwards. I would even put some in and then bear down for a minute to make sure it wasn't sweeping the sperm OUT after dtd, even though I tried the ICs and propped hips, etc. I'm just not sure I was doing it right. One month I feared the ph was above 10 as I only had phion strips and it was in some weird high ph "gray area." But, I do have preseed.....do you all think the ew is a much better sway or do you think preseed is good enough? I just hate the whole ew ordeal and would rather just use preseed, even if I taint it with a little baking soda first...much easier than the ew. I'll crack some eggs if it is really much better, though!

I ~personally~ think Pre-Seed is MUCH better especially since the EW is an ordeal for you! It is made to be sperm friendly and I'm not 100% convinced that sky high pH is any better for sperm than superlow pH is. I hope Viene chimes in here.

atomic sagebrush
February 15th, 2011, 01:27 PM
OK, sounds like I was jumping and dumping there...what I meant was that I would insert, have a big O (solo, in the bathroom, hehe) and then bear down BEFORE dtd so there wasn't a giant sloppy mess of ew everywhere, which happened on my newbie sway attempt.

No, I followed you. You got rid of as much EW as you could BEFORE DTD.:agree:
I think that's a good idea because I would think too much EW could confuse the sperm! They want to go into the EWCM and not the wrong way!

LolaInLove
February 15th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Thanks, AS! I am relieved to hear that. I also wonder if the super high ph is not good for sperm.....we had a few well-timed months in there that I swore would do the trick, and I couldn't help but think the ew was killing them. Pre-seed it is! By the way, I recently found it at CVS....I think it will be more widely available in drugstores soon.

atomic sagebrush
February 17th, 2011, 11:09 AM
You know what I keep coming back to (for blue) is, our bodies make EWCM and semen a certain pH for a reason - because it WANTS sperm to survive. So it's kinda a little illogical to me that superhigh pH sways blue. It would seem to me that optimal pH, which is 7-8.5 (according to the WHO) would sway blue. From what I have read, hardly any guys even have pH higher than that and the few that do have something really wrong with them.

LolaInLove
February 17th, 2011, 12:04 PM
That makes total sense. The month we conceived was with no preseed or ew....which does make me wonder if the ew was just not the right ph for our chemistry. I tend to think the body, and nature, has this all mapped out much more than we give it credit for sometimes. I like your suggestions as they seem to be more in sync with the body's natural state, if you know what I mean.

atomic sagebrush
February 17th, 2011, 02:16 PM
That makes total sense. The month we conceived was with no preseed or ew....which does make me wonder if the ew was just not the right ph for our chemistry. I tend to think the body, and nature, has this all mapped out much more than we give it credit for sometimes. I like your suggestions as they seem to be more in sync with the body's natural state, if you know what I mean.

Thank you Lola, that is exactly my thinking. There is no way that I don't have a daughter "because I didn't drink enough Crystal-Light" and unless we learn to understand the actual mechanisms at play, then swaying will only ever be like treating the symptoms rather than the disease (not that having a lot of one gender is a disease in any way, but I think everyone knows what I mean!!).

LolaInLove
February 17th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Well put! Thanks again for all the advice!

Rosa12
March 3rd, 2011, 09:27 AM
I'm trying to conceive a girl and have very low pH (sometimes below 4). The closer I come toward ovulation it does actually rise to approx. 4.2 (sorry TMI). I do however, need some kind of lube. Sylk has not worked for me in the past (maybe due to low pH), thus I have been using canola oil. Reading this post, I guess that was not the best choice. What could I use?

atomic sagebrush
March 3rd, 2011, 11:26 AM
In what way did Sylk not work?? Did it raise your pH? If so, you may want to try it a few times and see if your body gets used to it.

Canola oil is ok if you like it and want to use it. But ANY lube other than Pre-Seed will kill sperm and will sway pink. Just test in advance to make sure it doesn't raise your pH super high.

Rosa12
March 4th, 2011, 04:22 AM
No, Sylk did not raise my pH it remained low - too low to conceive sometimes below 4. I have been ttc for more than 2 years (FSH 12) and feel I'm running out of time at 38 years old. I really would like to sway pink but maybe I need to be realistic and hope that I will conceive at all. I have been using Canola oil the last few months but no luck. Does Canola oil work just as well as Pre-Seed?

atomic sagebrush
March 4th, 2011, 10:57 AM
No, it doesn't at all. Would you consider Pre-Seed? Your pH is very low to begin with so you may need to put swaying aside and concentrate on getting pregnant.

If you can't get pregnant you have NO chance at your desired gender.

Rosa12
March 4th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Yes, I am considering Pre-Seed at this point. I've been ttc for so long, my FSH is high and my number one priority is to get pregnant. It would be nice to have a girl but I am not really swaying anymore. I try with a girl friendly diet, ions, supps (Coral calcium, magnesium, prenatal, extra Vitamin B6, Vit E and C) but am no longer doing cut-offs, etc.

atomic sagebrush
March 4th, 2011, 12:39 PM
I hope it works out for you!

Have you considered adding DHEA? That has helped some people. The downside is that it ~may~ sway blue a bit by raising testosterone.

atomic sagebrush
March 4th, 2011, 12:45 PM
threads about DHEA that might help:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1394-DHEA-experience-anyone&highlight=dhea

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1312-DHEA&highlight=dhea

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?415-DHEA-Helpful-or-Harmful&highlight=dhea (this one has a comment from Dr. Potter!!)

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1166-DHEA-Supplementation-May-Improve-Ovarian-Stimulation-Response&highlight=dhea

LolaInLove
March 4th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Rosa, I can tell you what changed with me with 2 cycles of DHEA (I'm 35, been ttc naturally 8 months....the first posted link above has more info about my situation). I started it in January right after a chemical pg, so I have been taking it for 6 weeks now. The first cycle, I had 4 days of +opks opposed to my usual 2 days, so it appeared that I had a much stronger, if not double, ovulation. I ovulated on day 16, which is normal for me....this was the cycle right after the chem pg. This current cycle, which I am 2dpo, I ovulated earlier than I normally do (CD11) and I normally do anywhere from CD14-16. It caught me off guard but we managed to get a bd session in that very night.

I don't think it would hurt to try 25mg, which is what I take, once a day and see what happens. I have noticed a bit of acne, but nothing to have me running for the hills. I do think my testosterone jumped way up, which was good for me since I'm swaying blue, but I am worried about my fertility at this point so I would have tried it even if going for a girl. I guess you could try other testosterone-lowering measures to counter the DHEA's effect. Atomic might have more input on that. Good luck!

Rosa12
March 5th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Thank you for your support atomic and LolaInLove!

3boys
April 24th, 2011, 03:25 AM
What about the lube Conceive Plus? I'm assuming it sways blue as it helps you conceive however it says it has Calcium and Magnesium ions.... Is there anything about that that would sway girl?

atomic sagebrush
April 29th, 2011, 12:50 PM
My concern about Conceive Plus is this - first of all it is sperm friendly so it will ~probably~ sway blue by helping maximize sperm survival and second, we don't know if cal-mag is really what sways. ALL CM has cal-mag ions in it. So until it is proven to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that cal-mag concentration in CM is what sways and that Conceive Plus has a girl-friendly concentration of cal-mag ions, I think it's best to probably assume it may sway blue somewhat.

If you're in the position where you just aren't getting pg, then given a choice between Conceive Plus and Pre-Seed, maybe you might want to go for the Conceive Plus, but then again, Pre-Seed is well-known, has worked for so many people and I know for a fact that both boys and girls have been conceived on it.

3boys
April 30th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Just to throw another Lube out there to look into for TTC boy Mums is Zestica. It is supposedly sperm friendly and comes in a bullet shaped spray pump. ;-)

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2011, 03:15 PM
Thank you I will check into that. I saw it in the store but hadn't had the time to follow up.

XXdreaming
August 16th, 2011, 11:43 AM
I was reading on fast way to get pregnant back with ds2 before I read anything about swaying and they said to use canola oil since most lube on the market isn't sperm friendly (thats what I read) but anyway of course I had a boy, and the point of my story is lol we put the canola oil in an old contact solution bottle and it worked great it would drip out a little at a time(well you could squeeze it and it would shoot out lol) and it wasn't messy that way, anyway thought I would share :)

Preggypops
August 16th, 2011, 03:57 PM
I used zestica and have a boy. For ttc girl, with refquent bd, what would be best? I was thinking aci-jel or rePHresh but can't decide which one.

queen-of-harts
August 16th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Can rephresh be used as a lube?

atomic sagebrush
August 19th, 2011, 10:40 AM
I used zestica and have a boy. For ttc girl, with refquent bd, what would be best? I was thinking aci-jel or rePHresh but can't decide which one.

I prefer RepHresh because it keeps working for 3 days afterwards. With Acijel you have to keep shooting more up there.

RepHresh can be used as a lube but I have heard it doesn't work that well. I think Sylk is the best lube for pink.

fresas
January 1st, 2012, 07:27 AM
I was wonder if anyone has used Astroglide? I see that it is on the thumbs up list, but haven't seen it mentioned in the sways very often.

We have the "natural" Astroglide and it is the only one so far that doesn't end up giving me a UTI. I have not tried Sylk yet, though. All other lubricants seem to be too irritating.

One thing I haven't tried it testing my pH after using the Astroglide. I should probably try that. My before sex pH seems to hang around 4.5-5 pretty steadily. I haven't tried taking pH after sex and/or orgasm. I should probably test that, too.

atomic sagebrush
January 1st, 2012, 07:29 AM
Fresas, all lubes with the exception of Preseed (and I think there are one or two others on the market) that are clearly marked "sperm friendly", sway pink. Astroglide does sway pink to a certain extent, regardless of the pH which I don't know off the top of my head. If you do test it and have a spare minute, can you update??

fresas
January 4th, 2012, 05:15 PM
I just tested my Astroglide Natural is close to 6.0

This is the natural version of Astroglide and is made with mostly water, but also aloe and chamomile. This is probably not girl sway friendly.

The regular Astroglide may be more acidic so maybe don't totally discount Astroglide, but maybe Astroglide Natural if thinking about swaying pink. :)

fresas
January 4th, 2012, 05:46 PM
US girls: where did you buy your acijel? I cannot find it IRL or in US based internet stores.

zanacal
January 4th, 2012, 05:56 PM
You can only order it from online Australian or New Zealand chemists.

fresas
January 8th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Z, thanks for that information! I kind of figured that after searching a little bit more.

I ordered some Sylk and tested the pH yesterday. It is almost exactly a 4.5 . I don't know how it reacts with my own body chemistry, but on litmus paper and on a pH strip, it was 4.5

starflower
January 8th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Thanks for this info Atomic, this site is super and so informative!! I had no idea about some of the details info with some of the lubes and after reading this and some of the other info on thie site I am now planning on using Rephresh as part of my sway. For some reason AciGel did little to lower my pH around O time and now I think after reading some of the info in this site that my body was trying to compensate for it somehow? Most informative!

atomic sagebrush
January 10th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Yes, I agree, our bodies WANT to have an alkaline condition at O and may want to wash away anything that seems the "wrong" pH. I think this is the source of pH spikes. RepHresh should be able to handle this because it will chemically react to bring down the pH of the CM as well, so even if our bodies try and produce gobs of EWCM, the RepHresh will help to bring it down.

AshFrenchy
January 22nd, 2012, 03:44 PM
This is very interesting and helpful. I always used KY jelly and had 4 boys......

atomic sagebrush
January 26th, 2012, 08:25 AM
There are no guarantees unfortunately, and if you make a lot of EWCM, it will simply wash away the effects of any of these lubes and/or makes a little path for the sperm to swim in. Also, if your husband has very high sperm numbers, you can lose a lot of swimmers in the KY and it makes no difference because there are so many to replace them.

Irishmom
March 19th, 2012, 08:22 PM
threads about DHEA that might help:

DHEA experience, anyone? (http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1394-DHEA-experience-anyone&highlight=dhea)

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1312-DHEA&highlight=dhea

Hi atomic just to let you know none of these links worked for me.It says the link no longer exists.Just for future reference.;)
DHEA- Helpful or Harmful (http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?415-DHEA-Helpful-or-Harmful&highlight=dhea) (this one has a comment from Dr. Potter!!)

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1166-DHEA-Supplementation-May-Improve-Ovarian-Stimulation-Response&highlight=dhea

Hi atomic these links dont seem to open?Just for future reference.;)

atomic sagebrush
March 19th, 2012, 10:03 PM
I'm sorry Irishmom, something happened a few months ago and they updated the system for posting links and every once in awhile I stumble across one that didn't get updates. Let me search for them when I have a bit more time tomorrow and I will hopefully be able to repair them.

Boysway
January 10th, 2014, 08:35 PM
Is this Forelife (http://forelife.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52) a boy friendly one to use. Preseed isn't readily available in Australia. This one is.

NCBeachyGrl
February 9th, 2014, 11:27 AM
Hi AS! I see KY on the list for girl but it is not recommended for swaying. Is it b/c of the higher pH or is it just not a good lube for TTC (I read the article about it but wanted your swaying take on it). We used it when Ds1 was conceived and were using it this time too so it always makes me feel like it is more boy friendly!

atomic sagebrush
February 9th, 2014, 11:43 AM
Hi AS! I see KY on the list for girl but it is not recommended for swaying. Is it b/c of the higher pH or is it just not a good lube for TTC (I read the article about it but wanted your swaying take on it). We used it when Ds1 was conceived and were using it this time too so it always makes me feel like it is more boy friendly!

Well, if you look at the date on that, it was written early in 2011 and at that point I was still trying to keep at least somewhat with swaying orthodoxy and still believed in pH. I don't any more, and I believe KY is a pink-friendly lube because it kills sperm and lower sperm numbers sways pink regardless of the vaginal pH.

I would love to have time to go back through and update everything but for now I haven't been able to.

atomic sagebrush
February 9th, 2014, 11:44 AM
Is this Forelife (http://forelife.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52) a boy friendly one to use. Preseed isn't readily available in Australia. This one is.

:worry: I am so sorry somehow I missed this!!! yes it is fine! anything marketed as sperm safe or conception friendly sways blue.

NCBeachyGrl
February 9th, 2014, 11:49 AM
Well, if you look at the date on that, it was written early in 2011 and at that point I was still trying to keep at least somewhat with swaying orthodoxy and still believed in pH. I don't any more, and I believe KY is a pink-friendly lube because it kills sperm and lower sperm numbers sways pink regardless of the vaginal pH.

I would love to have time to go back through and update everything but for now I haven't been able to.

Trust me, you do WAY more around here than anyone ever expects so it is totally understandable this didn't get updated!! I googled KY and it seems there is a lot of info out there now that suggests it really impairs motility. Well, it makes me feel slightly better about using it at least :) How I got pg using KY and with a 4 day cut off seems crazy!!

atomic sagebrush
February 9th, 2014, 11:53 AM
I know quite a few blue swayers who had gotten daughters when using KY. :)

Boysway
February 9th, 2014, 06:56 PM
It's all good Atomic. I purchased Preseed online :)

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
February 11th, 2014, 11:35 AM
never be shy about bumping a post or sending me a PM with a link - there is a lot that goes on and sometimes I do drop the ball! :)

Lulabell
July 16th, 2014, 02:46 AM
Does vitamin E oil sway?

atomic sagebrush
July 17th, 2014, 08:37 AM
Don't use oil as a lube. Sperm can't swim thru it very easily and I think it causes vag infections big time.

Share315
October 30th, 2016, 01:54 PM
Atomic, just a question about rephresh and girl sway. I was using aci-jel but it's been four months now and I'm still not Prego. So this month I switched to rephresh, I used it once a couple AF then again three days later, but here's where I think I might have messed things up. I meant to use it 12 hours before DTD but as things turned out it was only six hours before and I used the whole applicator. We only DTD once in the fertile window at the earliest positive opk. Do you think I used too much rephresh too close to DTD? I'm starting to think I should just drop the lubes altogether as with my boys I got pregnant right away every time (3) with one attempt in the fertile window. Is it the lubes that is stopping me getting pregnant? What do you think? Maybe I should mention I'm 36 now and my last pregnancy was about 4.5 yrs ago. I'd rather not wait too much longer to get pregnant... Getting a little tired with the diet too, lol. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks so much

atomic sagebrush
October 30th, 2016, 03:12 PM
We found that the jellies (both RepHresh and Acijel) really cut odds of conception and then our results were totally neutral - people who got pregnant using them, had the same success rates as those who got pregnant without them, indicating they were not even helping. So personally, I like the jellies to be dropped fairly quickly in and after 5 months it's def. time to let them go.

Now to answer your specific question, yeah, 6 hours before attempt is probably going to cut your odds of conception by quite a bit but something still can get thru - at the least it won't sway blue, so I'll send best wishes for BFP this month!

Share315
October 30th, 2016, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the advice, Atomic! I agree, next cycle I'm going to drop the rephresh/acijel and just keep my fingers crossed that the diet will sway things enough. Can I also ask, do you still recommend one attempt in the fertile window even if this is the exact same thing I did with my boys? Maybe that was why I felt compelled to add the pH lowering jellies because otherwise it seemed too similar! Again thank you for your help and advice!

atomic sagebrush
November 1st, 2016, 01:50 PM
Yes, I still recommend it. Swaying NEVER comes down to one thing like that, and it's entirely poss to get a boy with one attempt if you had a lot of other things swaying blue for you.

Swaying is one of those weird things that you can do the exact same thing you did before and get a different outcome. That's why there are so many people out there who have boys and girls without even thinking about it, who have never even heard the word swaying other than the wind in the trees. :)

It is totally up to you the kind of sway you want to have. If you want to keep the lubes in and just be patient and wait, eventually sperm will probably meet egg eventually. But just be careful not to go overboard dieting strictly or whatever.

Share315
November 1st, 2016, 09:20 PM
Thanks again, Atomic! Good things are definitely worth waiting for so I will keep this in mind for sure. Can't tell you how much I appreciate the help and advice!

Birthfree
December 20th, 2016, 03:50 PM
Hmmm... what about coconut oil? I thought that would be ok because of pH but I just read the oil comment (can't swim through it), and feel like I have been shooting myself in the foot.

Crum...

atomic sagebrush
December 21st, 2016, 06:47 PM
No coconut oil. Sperm are not meant to swim thru oil.

Birthfree
December 21st, 2016, 07:32 PM
Well shoot, good to know. We didn't use a ton but I'll do something else now. Thanks.

atomic sagebrush
December 22nd, 2016, 05:54 PM
The less you use, the less it affects you (just like a tiny drip of food color in water as opposed to a whole bottle)

Mommykisses
April 26th, 2017, 01:00 PM
Great info! And I agree, I've seen far too many boy conceptions with Canola oil. I tried it once during a practice attempt and it was sooo messy! Sylk worked great as a lube for us and we used replens finger every few days as well as after we made our attempt. In some women replens and/or aci jel, even sylk, can increase pH so they have to be sure to test out all the lubes first. For me the only thing that seems to raise my pH is the best product out there, aci jel! haha. Great post!

I really want to get acijel but I live in Canada and can't find it anywhere . I can only seem to find it in one place online from Australia but it comes
To $50 with shipping . Is there anywhere else
That I can buy this ?

atomic sagebrush
April 26th, 2017, 01:30 PM
yes, it's exorbitant. It hasn't worked anyway and I do not recommend spending that kind of money for something that has not gotten its job done for us.

Aprilfoolsbaby
August 23rd, 2017, 11:41 AM
I apologize for bumping an old thread but this is an important one and I have some questions....I have a normal ph of 3.5-4. It rarely goes up much and if it does, I usually have a yeast infection (which I pretty much get at every bd attempt). So, when I tried using no lube or sylk, my ph just stays in the 4 range and I don't get preggo at all (33 months of failure) I recently added yes baby, which is clearly a boy sway lube, but it helps to bring my ph up slightly (6-7?) and I was finally able to conceive last month for the first time in 2 solid years. I assume it was probably a boy that I miscarried. So, if someone already has a low ph and I'm in the U.S., what would be a good lube to try? I am pretty dry, but I do get ewcm the day I ovulate but by then, I'm already done attempting. I recently saw something called Avesta quick conceive that is used for IVF. Has anyone heard of this? I assume it leans toward boys if it's sperm friendly but just curious before I spend the $30 on it. I'm considering mixing sylk and a sperm friend lily to see if I can create something that raises my ph enuf to get preggo without swaying a boy. I really really want a girl. I do other girl swaying stuff also but this line stuff is making or breaking me, I think....

atomic sagebrush
August 24th, 2017, 06:31 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

There is no difference between Yes Baby and Avesta in terms of swaying. Please save the money and keep using the Yes Baby.

Small amounts of the sperm safe jellies are neutral, none of the swaying jellies have swayed pink for us anyway (all have gotten the same results with and without using them - they do nothing) and pH doesn't sway in any reliable way anyway and may not sway at all. https://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/11684-ph-pickle.html I know it's hard to believe but so many of us, myself included, have pH opposites that we no longer worry about it. After you get a boy with a pH of 4.5 like I did, it's pretty obvious that even if it does anything, it is nothing we can rely upon.

I use Yes Baby or similar products all the time for pink swayers, just use a small amount (just enough for comfy intercourse). They still get girls that way.

Do not mix Sylk and conception friendly jellies, it is harmful to sperm and will not help your sway either.

No one should ever go on for 2 years swaying. Can you tell me everything you're doing?? We have an average 3 months to conception on this site and we get equal or better results to any other site. I can help if you tell me what tactics you're doing. We have a very simple approach where we give up on the things that don't work, while keeping the stuff that does. :) Welcome to the site BTW!

atomic sagebrush
December 13th, 2017, 03:56 PM
bumping this with a very important update!

delaoa3
December 13th, 2020, 11:20 PM
Swaying blue next month. I'm wondering since my cm is normally watery/creamy, should I use pre seed to sway boy? I've been tracking my cm for months & I don't get that ewcm. I just sometimes get a lot of the creamy substance during my fertile week. Or should I stick with guaifenesin? Can I use both or what do you suggest best?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
December 14th, 2020, 11:08 AM
Watery CM is considered fertile. I'm fine with you using both Preseed and Guaifenesin though. Most blue swayers do use both.