PDA

View Full Version : Another boy for me

Yuzu
June 14th, 2012, 06:05 PM
I had a scan today and even though it's still early (14 weeks 3 days) there is no doubt it's a boy. So four boys for me. And at 44 I don't have any time left for another baby after this one.

I don't know how I feel right now. So far everyone I've told has acted (except DH) has acted like I'm some sort of freak, and that doesn't help. Wow, what a day. At least I'm not crying.

bythestream
June 14th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Im sorry it doesn't look to be a girl. But don't lose hope its still very early.

mydream
June 14th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Yuzu - I think it's fantastic that you are pregnant at 44!! I know this may be hard for you but that little life was meant to have you as a mommy! We are here for you.

Butterfly Spirit
June 14th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Yuzu, I am so very sorry that you didn't hear girl. :hugs:
I don't know what to say except...
maybe one day the Lord will surprise you (because with him, I believe nothing is impossible!), or don't be depressed about time, because you are never too old to adopt, remember that. You might have a sweet little princess waiting for you in that way too! Remember your dream!
It's still hard I'm not saying it isn't. I just want to help you be happy.

But, I bet you will love your little man to bits and pieces when you see him!

Myloves
June 15th, 2012, 04:10 AM
Sending you the biggest :hugs: possible! You are NOT a freak, despite what some insensitive people might say (or give you funny looks).

Are you definitely sure it's a boy? 14 weeks could be early sometimes, you never know. If it is boy4, then he will light up your world, despite how you may feel now. You have four of a kind. Really rare to see four of the same where I live, and very special in my eyes. You will have four beautiful boys; two great older sons and two little boys who will adore you.
Let all the feelings out - vent all you want on here :awe:(I didn't when I had GD. I bottled up my feelings and it made my depression worse).

Butterfly is right - your little girl could be waiting for you somewhere through adoption. 44 is not necessarily too late for another. My grandmother had a son after having 4 daughters at 46!

baabaa
June 15th, 2012, 05:28 AM
Thinking of you Yuzu xx

I know it must be hard to hear (I am preparing to hear it myself in a couple of weeks), but your little siggie of 'trying to look on the side' is right. I hope you can stay positive, and when you can't, we are all here to listen xx

fivebabies
June 16th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Oh Hun, I am so sorry that you are sad. Its so early I'm hoping it was wrong for you, but if not you know you will love that sweet little boy with all your heart! And 44 is not too old to think of another! ;)

fish2012
June 16th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Yuzu,

Really feel for you after all the effort you've put in that must be so tough, there's a reason this lill guy's coming to join your family, may be a girl will come along in the future the older you get the better the odds of a girl!

you're not a freak you just must be an amazing mummy for boys xxxxxx
:hugs:

Jenneilbluebell
June 17th, 2012, 07:39 AM
sending hugs hun xxxxxx i agree with what the other girlies have said xxxx

Waiting4Daisy
June 17th, 2012, 08:16 AM
If it is boy no 4, he will be so precious and beautiful. My friend has 4 little boys and a nicer family I would have a hard time thinking of. Her boys are all very little, all under 6 I think, and they do everything together. They are truly gorgeous, and her house is full of the cakes that they baked together.

I would love love love a fourth in a future and would honestly really love to add a 4th boy. I would still like a little girl at some point but I've become quite set on the idea of a 4th boy. I really think he will be so precious and beautiful. I know a wonderful lady who only wanted one little girl. She now has 5 boys and she is thrilled to pieces with them. Sometimes God knows better than we do. This little guy will be in your life for a very special reason.

Yuzu
June 17th, 2012, 01:43 PM
You know, I wasn't crying, but after reading over your wonderful posts I'm all sniffly! You ladies are so awesome. Thank you for your support; you know just what to say.:o

auroara78
June 18th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Yuzu, my 2nd sister has 4 boys and always dreamed of having a girl. Her husband had the snip done, so unfortuantely, the bio chance is gone. However, she is considering one day to adopt a girl (not a baby, too expensive and hard to get), but an actual 3-4-5 year old girl that really needs a home and love and raise her on her own. I love the idea, esp. since a coworker who cannot concieve just adopted brothers (5 and 7 years old) and are giving them a chance at a loving wonderful home. I think adoption (esp. of slightly older children, who are not "babies" anymore) can be a gorgeous gift, and a beautiful way to unite desire with someone who really needs love.

I know it's not the same as the bio child you logged for, but maybe in 1-2 years, you can consider the idea of taking in a beautiful 3 year old girl and giving her four older brothers (two closer in her age) and letting her be raised in a safe, loving envirnoment.