PDA

View Full Version : Having a rough day....

fivebabies
June 14th, 2012, 08:14 PM
I just found out that my sister is pregnant. I'm really happy for her but I just KNOW that she's going to get another girl and I'll get yet another boy....

A little history: She's 4 yrs older than me, tried to have a baby for 10 yrs. I had 3 before she did. She finally had Triplets via IVF 3 years ago. (2 girls and a boy). She didn't want anymore. I had baby #4 ("just" another boy) 4 months after she had her triplets. I was having just another baby and yet another boy at that and she was having triplets. She is always "out doing" me.

She has always been thinner, smarter and spoiled more by our parents than me. She's a very difficult person to get along with (even our parents feel that way) and yet I have always been there for her and supported her. I barely mentioned baby #4 while we were pregnant together so that she could shine in her moment.

Now, here I am pregnant with #5 and was really hoping to have my moment being the only one pregnant and really enjoy it. And now she goes and magically gets pregnant on her own which is amazing on its own...but she didn't want anymore kids and is mad she's pregnant and all of the attention will be on her and her miracle pregnancy.

I can just feeli it in my bones that she will get another girl and I will get yet another boy. :( I don't even want to know anymore....

Thanks for listening to anyone still reading. Had a good cry in the shower but still really sad today.

dloui128
June 14th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Im sorry hun, I hope you do get your girl :hugs:

Yuzu
June 14th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Your sister sounds like mine. It's hard when it seems like someone has everything going for them, and yet they still act spoiled. My sister is wealthy, has a beautiful home and a perfect little girl. Everything I always wanted. So I know how you feel.

All I can say is *hugs.* You're not alone in your struggle.

fivebabies
June 14th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Yep, she has the huge house too. :(

TTC5
June 14th, 2012, 09:42 PM
♥♥♥

lightofmylifexxxy
June 14th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Dear fivebabies - I am so sorry to hear you are feeling so sad. You really can't be sure she will have another girl. Only time will tell. Try to stay positive.
My sister has 2 girls. (i have one of each). My sister told me she doesn't want to have a boy she would like another daughter (this made me feel upset - as i love boys and love my ds so much). she is thinking about having another baby, and said she will have another girl she just knows it. Now i am pregnant and desperately hoping for a baby girl as my dd as been asking for a baby sister for years. I am convinced its a boy - and really should be happy for either as long as it is healthy. But have this feeling deep down my dream of another daughter will not happen and this will be my last baby as i am too old now. I really hope you feel better and know that you have lots of support here on this forum xx

fresas
June 15th, 2012, 12:07 AM
I'm so sorry. I don't have a sister, but I have friends like that and it hurts so much. Are you going to find out the gender of your baby?

fivebabies
June 15th, 2012, 12:52 AM
Thanks Girls!!! I actually went to her house tonight for a function...I am really happy for her. I think my hormones got the best of me. It doesn't matter what either of us have. :)

Yes, I'll find out what we're having but we're not telling anyone what it is.

And I LOOOOOVE my boys! I prefer boys. ;) But my DD has 3 brothers that ignore or bug her so I really wanted to give her the sister she has been praying for.

I didn't get pregnant to get a girl...I want a baby.

Thanks for all the understanding!!!! You're the best!!!

Myloves
June 15th, 2012, 05:31 AM
I know how you feel. Before we both got went our seperate ways and got married, my sister and I both thought we going to get at least 1 or two girls.

Of course, my sister got what she wanted: two girls (plus one boy, born last year) and I felt so jealous everytime she heard 'girl'.
What's funny is, I have a better job and a bigger home than hers, but neither of that mattered to me because she had what I always wanted. And my nieces are sweet, easy girls - which made my GD worse.
Now that I've moved on from GD, I'm okay with it, but I still remember the pain.
My sister actually admitted to me that she would have had gd if her third had been a girl, that made me feel better and less guilty.

I hope you get another girl. But since you prefer boys, another boy will do you nicely too :).

angel in a pink sky
June 15th, 2012, 09:14 AM
I will be hoping for a girl for you. Sister comparison is the worst. My sister and I struggle with it as well. We are on two very different paths so it leads to feelings of jealously. We try to always remember that our bond as sisters is more important than the difference in material things. It is so hard because you can't really untangle yourself from your family. You are not alone in your feelings and I am so glad to hear you are doing so much better.

fivebabies
June 15th, 2012, 11:50 AM
I know, it kinda makes me NOT want a sister for my DD! lol. Not really, but sometimes I think, "So what if she doesn't get a sister?" :)

auroara78
June 15th, 2012, 03:20 PM
I have two older sisters and 1 brother, and I guess it's easy for me to say (since I never experienced sister longing) that I wish I had more brothers :)

I do hope you get a girl though, only because if your DD really wants a sister, she should at least see what it's like!

My oldest sister drives me nuts, she's so super competitive and always comparing....one of the reasons I wanted a girl so bad was because of her...she had the only daughter amongst us kids and I wanted to say "I did it!" Dumb reason, I guess, but I am still delighted to be having a girl, for my own family.

I think it would be nice if your sister had a boy this time since she does have the 1 boy. Good to give him a brother!

fivebabies
June 15th, 2012, 03:28 PM
That doesn't sound dumb at all! everyone and their dog thinks that I will only ever have more boys! DD was a fluke or something. lol. I just want to prove them all wrong.

pearl
June 15th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Fivebabies, Please feel better:) I really hope you get another girl this time, a sister for your daughter :giggle::giggle: