PDA

View Full Version : I'm back...with a whoops/suprise...it's bad =(

luvncamrin
June 15th, 2012, 11:49 PM
So I have been off here for a while after getting my DG with Child #3....I was using the charting method ...the TCOYF software...I was meticulous...SOME HOW:mad: I'm pg...from aBD 7 days BEFORE O!!! WTH!!! I didn't want another baby this soon at ALL ...I really wanted to enjoy my youngest ..he's alomst 10 months old and still BFing full time! This is horrible timing in our lives (with DH's work) just in general....BUT worse yet...I just know it will be a girl! =( The time of year(both of my boys were concieved in winter...my DD in the end of june) this one was probably concieved in the last couple days of may....although I don't see how...the timing...I wasn't doing ANY swaying at all...because I was avoiding this!!! I am still in shock as dissipointed...but I know the salt in the wound will be that this is going to turn out to be another and FINAL pg with GD! Uggh... I know I can't change things but I really need support right now. I can't even tell DH right now because I can't afford to put more pressure on him and stress him out before all of his big interviews coming up....I'm still in denial... shock..and back to having GD at 5 weeks pg! I swore I'd never get PG again with out a good solid sway like last time... I guess I didn't get the choice and my fate is already sealed =(

Sorry to be so down....but I'm in a bad place right now

Any thoughts/ advice ladies???

Butterfly Spirit
June 16th, 2012, 12:08 AM
Well Congratulations! An unexpected surprise can turn out to be a blessing! And no way to tell what it is yet. I've learned that timing really doesn't matter! Look up 'The Trouble With Timing' Thread Hey, if you had the right cm environment in there, it probably swayed more BOY?

I conceived DS#2 while DS#1 was BFing and let me tell you they are 18 months apart, adorable together and the best of friends! So that gap is still good!

I hope that you can enjoy your pregnancy, you probably had a sweet little spirit waiting to join your family.

So did you want 3 boys and 1 girl? I'm confused..
I hope you get your wish hon! :)

Hobbermittens
June 16th, 2012, 12:11 AM
I am here for you! Try to hang in there and not assume too much yet (stupid advice coming from me, I know). It could be a boy!

Butterfly Spirit
June 16th, 2012, 12:20 AM
I am here for you! Try to hang in there and not assume too much yet (stupid advice coming from me, I know). It could be a boy!

Although the majority of us say yours is a BOY! :P

luvncamrin
June 16th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Yes Butterflyspirit! I know it's odd that i want the opposite of most people... but I would prefer to have 3b 1g way more that 2b/2g! I love my daughter and couldn't imagine life with out her.......but the GD was awful with her and even for a while after she was born...and I don't think I can go through round 2 of it! I just feel like the odds are SOOOOO stacked against me...I'm very upset that this even happened let alone that I didn't even get a chance to sway my chances =( Thanks so much for the words of encouragement! Likewise Hobbers! I just didn't know we'd be in this together =( I thought I would just be supporting you this time....this yucky feeling is all too recent and familiar.....

Hobbermittens
June 16th, 2012, 03:18 PM
I still say you should get that early test just so you know where you stand. You are opposite of me in that you do better knowing rather than not knowing, and really, you could be surprised! I wish I knew where that graph was that showed the boy/girl conceptions and timing.

Kiesse
June 18th, 2012, 06:35 PM
I do not know what to say apart from that i am thinking of you and sending big hugs, I really hope everything works out for you. xox

atomic sagebrush
June 18th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Hi Luvn I finally found your post!!!

Please don't worry, the best science we have shows that timing doesn't sway. Seasons may sway but they don't sway in the way that IG claims they do and it's very, very slight. Plenty of boys have been conceived in "girl" months and girls in "boy" months. (I have two boys conceived in "girl" months and then my only girl is in the "boy" months. I was conceived in a boy month. My third son was conceived in June as was my husband.)

My thinking is, if you were fertile enough, and your husband's sperm was strong enough, to survive 7 days and fertilize the egg, that means you were probably boy-friendly if anything.

My oldest son was conceived with a LONG cutoff like that. We BD one time right after I got off AF (which is usu. CD 5 for me, so CD 6-7 at the latest) and I literally NEVER O early, my cycles are like clockwork.

atomic sagebrush
June 18th, 2012, 08:51 PM
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/7691-trouble-timing.html Hobbermittens, I believe there's a link to the study with the timing graph (that shows 50-50 boy and girl conceptions on every day) in that thread.

myGirl
June 18th, 2012, 09:21 PM
I conceived DS3 on one shot 4 days before O in the month of July. He was born April 2. I have seen lots of long cutoffs result in boys, and plenty of boys born in March/April. Don't despair, you have a great chance of having a boy.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

luvncamrin
June 18th, 2012, 10:44 PM
I'll feel better when I see a weenie on the US! I'm happy to hear that my shot is still more 50/50 than I think.....it's just the waiting torture period we all know to well right? Although hobbermittens is a whole other kinda waiting crazy!!! LOL

luvncamrin
June 18th, 2012, 10:46 PM
atomic sage... what about bfing....does that sway?

luvncamrin
June 18th, 2012, 10:53 PM
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/7691-trouble-timing.html Hobbermittens, I believe there's a link to the study with the timing graph (that shows 50-50 boy and girl conceptions on every day) in that thread.I looked...can't find it =(

Hobbermittens
June 26th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Atomic, I looked on that thread for the graph too, and didn't see it.

Waiting4Daisy
July 2nd, 2012, 07:54 AM
luvncamrin, like Atomic I conceived 2 of my sons (oopsie babies) with very long cut offs. DS2 was a 5/6 day cut off. I'm sure from the IG stuff a long cut off is meant to sway boy. I was breastfeeding my son when I conceived DS3, so even though some say it sways pinks the stats on IG never really reflected that. FX this is your little boy xxxx

Sunflower3
July 2nd, 2012, 02:56 PM
I also conceived DS 3 with a long cut off 5-6 days. This baby could very well be a boy!

girlmom
July 2nd, 2012, 06:16 PM
we got a surprise when my dd6 was just 5 months old. well he arrived 3 weeks early with means my youngest 3 are all under the age of 3 and my dd6 is only 12 months older then her baby brother. i was convinced it was dd8 for me. girly sway and lifestyle and we conceived 5 days before o or a o+12 im not sure which. i was also taking tons of cranberry as i had a uti at the time... well he's here and he's all boy. even the best sway can fail. the hard part is having 3 kids all under the age of 3.

TTC5
July 3rd, 2012, 12:50 AM
I hope you hear boy!