PDA

View Full Version : What is necessary for OB/Midwife to know?

Possible pink?
June 16th, 2012, 01:10 AM
Hi Dr. Potter,

I really don't have much interest in telling my OB that I am going to, or in the case that I get pregnant, that I did elective IVF for gender selection. My sister who knows and supports me in going forward with the IVF process, is a MD (not an OBGYN though). She thinks that I NEED to tell my OB because she says that the pregnancy could be different due to IVF.

I was hoping that I could just go to my OB (whenever released by you) and just make it look like a natural pregnancy.

What is your opinion? Do you think it is best to tell your OB prior to or after doing IVF? Is there any risk in not disclosing this, or benefit in being open about it?

Thanks so much for your time!

Dr. Potter
June 19th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Hi Dr. Potter,

I really don't have much interest in telling my OB that I am going to, or in the case that I get pregnant, that I did elective IVF for gender selection. My sister who knows and supports me in going forward with the IVF process, is a MD (not an OBGYN though). She thinks that I NEED to tell my OB because she says that the pregnancy could be different due to IVF.

I was hoping that I could just go to my OB (whenever released by you) and just make it look like a natural pregnancy.

What is your opinion? Do you think it is best to tell your OB prior to or after doing IVF? Is there any risk in not disclosing this, or benefit in being open about it?

Thanks so much for your time!I do not think that it is necessary to tell them. I do think that if you have early ultrasounds, they would see that the ovaries are enlarged. I feel that most OB/Gyns would be non-judgmental. If your OBG is judgmental find another one.

Possible pink?
June 23rd, 2012, 04:35 PM
I do not think that it is necessary to tell them. I do think that if you have early ultrasounds, they would see that the ovaries are enlarged. I feel that most OB/Gyns would be non-judgmental. If your OBG is judgmental find another one.

Thx! Good advice :-)

Dr. Potter
June 27th, 2012, 03:46 AM
My pleasure