PDA

View Full Version : Best sex positions for babies of a particular gender, or just getting pregnant!

atomic sagebrush
January 28th, 2011, 02:36 PM
UPDATE 12-16-17

After 7 years of results, seeing LE Diet longer than 12 weeks plus fiber, coffee, and alcohol; cardio exercise 60 minutes a day 6-7 days per week, one attempt, and Clomid or Femara getting great results and everything else being just meh, and HE Diet 6 weeks plus multivitamins, weight training, 3 attempts in fertile window getting great results too, I can safely state that none of these minor league things are helping sways. This is more just for fun, don't get hung up on these nothingburger sway tactics!!

Remember that everything that seems to help with fertility, seems to sway blue! So if you're a pink swayer who has gone on a long time swaying and are now really just trying to conceive, take a closer look at the recommendations for blue swayers, because they can help you get pregnant. I will list the benefits and detriments of each.

Positions that increase fertility and probably sway BLUE

:agree:Missionary position with DEEP penetration and ejaculation - Allows for deep penetration which helps distribute EWCM throughout the vagina and if the ejaculation is deep, it deposits sperm right at the opening of the cervix. It also allows DW to lie still for 30 minutes after DTD to keep sperm and semen inside the vagina for longer, which also helps increase fertility and sways blue. Spend part of this time lying on your tummy for even better results with conception!

If you put your legs over DH's shoulders, it can allow for even deeper penetration!

:thumbsdown: Some women have difficulty reaching orgasm in this position, and orgasm is great for TTC blue. genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/27912-o-no-orgasms-swaying.html Old wives tales say that the missionary position is good for TTC PINK. Who knows why, but I would suspect it's because the man has a lot of control while in the missionary position. He can penetrate very deeply or very shallowly. A very shallow deposit while in the missionary position may sway pink because most of the semen and sperm will come out almost right away lowering sperm numbers and whatever is left will have to pass through the lower pH, more hostile vagina before making it safely to the cervix (pH may not even be swaying, though)

Aside for pink swayers - I don't think shallow release is trustworthy for swaying though, because a shallow deposit is pretty hard to get just right and there are too many other variables at play to make it dependable for swaying pink. And blue swayers, if it seemed shallow, don't panic, again, shallow release is not a dependable sway tactic.

:agree: Doggy style - Allows for deep penetration and ejaculation. Dr. Shettles believed doggy-style was the best way to conceive a son.

:thumbsdown: In order to lie down and keep maximum sperm inside, DW will have to do a lot of maneuvering after BD. Also, many women have a hard time orgasming in this position and some couples feel like it diminishes intimacy. Intimacy sometimes gets diminished too much as it is while TTC. :wink:

:agree: Spooning - This is my personal fave for TTC blue and I very likely conceived both DS 3 and 4 this way (with DS 3 I didn't know any better and with DS 4 I was on a swaying break and I ovulated unexpectedly). It allows for deep penetration and deep ejaculation and it allows the woman to lie still after DTD. You can even fall asleep that way after BD and the semen and sperm will stay near your cervix all night!!

:thumbsdown: It is hard for some women to orgasm in this position.

These positions are not as good for conceiving, and seem to sway pink.

:agree:Missionary position with very shallow penetration and ejaculation. Not penetrating very deeply keeps the EWCM from spreading throughout the vagina and a shallow ejaculation means that the sperm will have to survive the hostile environment of the vagina before making it safely to the cervix. But please note, I don't think shallow release is trustworthy for swaying though, because a shallow deposit is pretty hard to get just right and there are too many other variables at play to make it dependable for swaying pink. Also, a lot of the semen comes out right away. We have seen very, very poor rates of conception with shallow release and I can no longer recommend using it except for the first month or two while swaying.

:thumbsdown: Hard for the man to control the depth of penetration and ejaculation and easy to screw up on. The woman is lying down when ejaculation takes place, and the force of gravity will pull some semen towards the cervix, even if she immediately gets up afterwards.

:agree: Woman on top. Gravity will help keep the semen and sperm away from the vagina. It is possible to avoid very deep penetration/ejaculation. It's easy to do a jump and dump right afterwards. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-a-girl-best-practices/1137-jump-dump-semen-emitting-technique.html?1137-Jump-and-Dump-and-the-Semen-Emitting-Technique=

:thumbsdown:It is very hard to control the depth of penetration and ejaculation - too easy to screw up. Gravity will help pull EWCM into the vagina which may lower odds of conception. Also, many women find this to be an arousing position and may make more EWCM and find it difficult to not orgasm. genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/27912-o-no-orgasms-swaying.html

:agree: Standing up - My personal fave for TTC pink. Penetration tends to be shallow, gravity is on your side, and you're already standing up so doing a jump and dump is very simple. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-a-girl-best-practices/1137-jump-dump-semen-emitting-technique.html?1137-Jump-and-Dump-and-the-Semen-Emitting-Technique= Many women find it hard to become aroused while standing (but that may work for swaying pink!). http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/27912-o-no-orgasms-swaying.html Men sometimes like it as a change of pace and it can help spice up otherwise boring swaying sex!!

If you DTD standing up in the shower, even better! Hot showers are rumored to be good for swaying pink and if you wash yourself ahead of time, you will wash away a lot of CM. Some people may want to use a low pH vaginal wash although these have never been proven to sway.

:thumbsdown: It's hard to do and gravity will pull EWCM into the vagina. Men may find it difficult to orgasm in this position. Injuries have occurred - don't ask, don't tell :wink: Old wives' tales say it is good for TTC a boy.

atomic sagebrush
March 18th, 2011, 11:29 AM
There IS no TMI when it comes to swaying investigations!!

You are 100% right. Not only that washing the vagina ahead of time may wash away a lot of CM. I think that would be a great idea and I will edit the essay.

Bella21
March 24th, 2011, 11:52 AM
I've only ever got natural bfp's from missionary with hips propped after!

atomic sagebrush
March 24th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Then that's what you should do! If you can't get pregnant, you can't get your desired gender.

purplepoet20
March 24th, 2011, 12:38 PM
My first son was conceived in a public pool, under a full moon, in the Mesa summer, and with planes overhead... very romatic!!! Wonder if the pool chemicals sway for boy? My second son conceived in the morning during a warm las vegas day but my husband was on top.

Bella21
March 24th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Then that's what you should do! If you can't get pregnant, you can't get your desired gender.
Exactly! I just want a baby, and am not swaying (a natural, sticky bfp would be a miracle for me), but I really do understand and support those who do, and also think that those who sway know more about fertility and ttc than just about anybody!

zanacal
July 17th, 2011, 04:59 PM
I'm glad I read this thread because I keep thinking that surely missionary position gives deep penetration and when I googled 'positions for getting pregnant' this was top of the list! I read on IG that missionary with straight legs for DW and DH(knees not bent iykwim) is how you get shallow penetration but that's also how I get the big O so that's a bad idea. (Incidentally, I also read somebody giving advice on IG that jump and dump was an OWT because you dump both x and xy sperm!!). Woman on top is the position I keep reading to avoid if you're having difficulty getting pregnant - do you think that's a good idea even if you're unable to control the deepness of the penetration? I will be doing a lot of other things to sway and if I jump up quickly I'll lost a lot of the swimmers. I think we'd wake the children up and end up with lots of bruises if we tried to DTD standing up at our age - and I'm not sure it would be over with very quickly iykwim! The other thing I'm wondering about is getting DH to release himself but to finish in me but I worry that would ruin our chances of getting pregnant at all - gosh, there really are so many opportunities for TMI here aren't there?!

DoulaMama
July 17th, 2011, 05:19 PM
I'm glad I read this thread because I keep thinking that surely missionary position gives deep penetration and when I googled 'positions for getting pregnant' this was top of the list! I read on IG that missionary with straight legs for DW and DH(knees not bent iykwim) is how you get shallow penetration but that's also how I get the big O so that's a bad idea. (Incidentally, I also read somebody giving advice on IG that jump and dump was an OWT because you dump both x and xy sperm!!). Woman on top is the position I keep reading to avoid if you're having difficulty getting pregnant - do you think that's a good idea even if you're unable to control the deepness of the penetration? I will be doing a lot of other things to sway and if I jump up quickly I'll lost a lot of the swimmers. I think we'd wake the children up and end up with lots of bruises if we tried to DTD standing up at our age - and I'm not sure it would be over with very quickly iykwim! The other thing I'm wondering about is getting DH to release himself but to finish in me but I worry that would ruin our chances of getting pregnant at all - gosh, there really are so many opportunities for TMI here aren't there?!

OMG you made me spit tea all over my keyboard! :rofl:

zanacal
July 17th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Lol sorry! I then made the mistake of asking DH what he thought which ended with me saying 'oh for goodness sake' and leaving the room momentarily ... somebody pass the licorice root!!

rainbowflower
July 18th, 2011, 02:33 AM
does it matter if penetration is deep if he finishes shallow, though?

I really don't think my DH could (would want to) do shallow penetration as he gets too enthusiastic (sorry!)

zanacal
July 18th, 2011, 01:01 PM
This thread makes me giggle (what a child I am!) because it's really difficult to discuss without giving away way too many personal details! I'm thinking woman on top for now because it should be over with quite quickly, I don't enjoy it and gravity will be working against us :D Like you, I'm not sure I could trust DH to release shallow - he'd either forget or fall out or something and then I wouldn't be pregnant at all!

atomic sagebrush
July 19th, 2011, 09:52 AM

Hey, this is a no-TMI zone! Some days I suddenly realize what I am discussing and I slap my hand to my forehead in shock!! ;)

I think woman on top is good for pink even if you're unable to control the depth. I'm not totally sure how much I believe the "depth of penetration" matters anyway (for swaying, that is) because sperm do not swim at the speed of light LOL...you're going to lose the vast majority anyway when you do a J and D.

I think whatever gives you the least amount of tension is the way to go! No matter what, a J and D is going to help so even if you end up with a deeper penetration than you intended, don't stress!!

atomic sagebrush
July 19th, 2011, 09:54 AM

I really don't think my DH could (would want to) do shallow penetration as he gets too enthusiastic (sorry!)

It ~may~ matter because deep penetration spreads the CM throughout the VJ, possibly enabling more sperm to survive to make it to the egg. But if you're using jelly/antihistamine, that isn't going to hurt your sway any.

atomic sagebrush
July 19th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Oh PS - I totally agree about the shallow penetration and DH! NO way is that one happening!!! ;)

zanacal
July 31st, 2011, 04:48 PM
Something is bothering me which is rather personal - I may have mentioned it in a joking way before but I've genuinely wondered in the past (before I even knew about swaying and I'm not sure I remember what my reasoning was!) and I'm wondering again now if part of the reason we have boys is that DH is well endowed. (OK, I've just remembered, my reasoning was Shettles based!).

In particular, if we DTD around ovulation time I seem to feel as though he's actually touching my cervix - which is odd given that my cervix is high when I'm ovulating but that's how it is. (I also get the feeling that my insides might fall out when I'm ovulating - sorry, the best I can describe it!) Anyhow, is it possible that he's by-passing my CM all together and depositing directly into my cervix? I had planned to not worry about getting him to release shallow but to do a JND (and I think perhaps both those things, as we're only planning to DTD once unprotected, is overkill) but if this isn't a crazy concern then I wonder whether the shallow release should be our objective and that I shouldn't worry about the JND.

Any thoughts appreciated :D

XXdreaming
July 31st, 2011, 05:17 PM
We can't do deep penetration, no rear entry, when he on top I have to use my hands for spacers lol, I guess he is large or I have a shallow vagina lol so more than likely all sex probably results in sperm deposiited deep inside, so maybe the standing one would work better? He won't do shallow penetration he does get carried away lol, warning tmi- could you lack of better words here whack him off and then release at very entrance of vagina?

zanacal
July 31st, 2011, 05:23 PM
I have considered that very thing melinda, it just doesn't seem like the thing to do to actually get pregnant iykwim? I like the idea of spacers - perhaps I could build something :D

queen-of-harts
July 31st, 2011, 09:39 PM
Melinda,your lack of better words made me laugh lol

XXdreaming
July 31st, 2011, 11:26 PM
Melinda,your lack of better words made me laugh lol

At the time I seriously could not think of any other way to say it lol

atomic sagebrush
August 1st, 2011, 10:55 AM
Something is bothering me which is rather personal - I may have mentioned it in a joking way before but I've genuinely wondered in the past (before I even knew about swaying and I'm not sure I remember what my reasoning was!) and I'm wondering again now if part of the reason we have boys is that DH is well endowed. (OK, I've just remembered, my reasoning was Shettles based!).

In particular, if we DTD around ovulation time I seem to feel as though he's actually touching my cervix - which is odd given that my cervix is high when I'm ovulating but that's how it is. (I also get the feeling that my insides might fall out when I'm ovulating - sorry, the best I can describe it!) Anyhow, is it possible that he's by-passing my CM all together and depositing directly into my cervix? I had planned to not worry about getting him to release shallow but to do a JND (and I think perhaps both those things, as we're only planning to DTD once unprotected, is overkill) but if this isn't a crazy concern then I wonder whether the shallow release should be our objective and that I shouldn't worry about the JND.

Any thoughts appreciated :D

No, that's not possible. He could certainly be depositing NEAR your cervix but even at O your cervix is only open like a fingertip. Plus, the cervix is where CM comes from to begin with, so if you're taking supps for acidity, antihistamines, diet, etc. you're getting hostile CM right from the cervix itself.

I do agree that doing BOTH shallow penetration and JND with a one time BD, is probably overkill esp. if you are doing other things to sway like jellies and antihistamines.

AT the risk of stirring up a tempest in a teapot, you are actually right that a well-endowed man ~could~ be more likely to father sons. But not for the reason you are mentioning. Bigger testes = more sperm and testosterone plays a part in the size of a man's genitalia. And this is just a general tendency, not something you can tell by looking at anyone, and there are many other factors as well like genetics, overall health, etc. My DH is normal size and no shortage of boys here!!! (Somewhere my husband just had a cold chill. It's for SCIENCE!!!)

atomic sagebrush
August 1st, 2011, 10:58 AM
We can't do deep penetration, no rear entry, when he on top I have to use my hands for spacers lol, I guess he is large or I have a shallow vagina lol so more than likely all sex probably results in sperm deposiited deep inside, so maybe the standing one would work better? He won't do shallow penetration he does get carried away lol, warning tmi- could you lack of better words here whack him off and then release at very entrance of vagina?

:agree: Good idea! Plus, it sounds kinda spicy!!! ;)

There is also the possibility of doing a kind of modified TBM if you are really super concerned about it - I don't think it's necessary but if it puts your mind at ease, you can have him release into a glass cup and then insert it shallowly in the vj with a syringe - don't add lime or anything, just plunk some in there.

atomic sagebrush
August 1st, 2011, 11:00 AM
I have considered that very thing melinda, it just doesn't seem like the thing to do to actually get pregnant iykwim? I like the idea of spacers - perhaps I could build something :D

Ok, now we're really going into TMI-land but you know they do sell things like that!! I saw this http://www.amazon.com/Trojan-Vibrating-Ring-1-ring/dp/B000AS7EW4 at the grocery store! (Did I buy it?? Hmmmm....)

The downside woudl be that it's vibrating and may not help with the whole, "don't get aroused" idea but you could always just not turn it on.

zanacal
August 1st, 2011, 11:02 AM
OK, thanks, I think we'll go with the spicy option - although I get the feeling it'll be anything but! I couldn't do it every day but for a one off perhaps - now to find the words to tell DH what's required of him *blush*!

atomic sagebrush
August 1st, 2011, 11:14 AM
Start off with..."I had the hottest dream..." He'll never know what hit him! ;)

XXdreaming
August 1st, 2011, 11:36 AM
Start off with..."I had the hottest dream..." He'll never know what hit him! ;)

Lmao

Good lord y'all are making me go there(off to tmi land) lol.....they make cock rings, its a big ring that goes at the base of the penis, its supposed to cut off some blood supply to give a bigger better erection, dh hated it, said it was uncomfortable, I loved it lol it was a good spacer lmao

wannagirl21
November 28th, 2012, 02:34 PM
I don't thin the man being well endowed has anything to do with it, my mom said my biological father was very well endowed and she had me and she told me her diet was horrible no breakfast, junkfood, and she smoked. Then 16 years later he got a lady preganant and guess what she had?yep another girl and she was a slim lady didn't eat much and she had a drinking problem so I think diet and Cm have alot to do with it.

Tiggerian
November 29th, 2012, 03:41 AM
Well that's the thing with swaying isn't it? It's only a chance, not a guarantee.

Atsaukina1
November 30th, 2012, 08:17 AM
1st attempt- shallow missionary(not the fun legs up boy kind)w/ immediate j&d w/ wipe
2nd attempt 11-12 hours later
hmmm how shall I explain lol
dh on toilet me barely straddling on top for finish. ending w/ me running to the bed trying to keep some in and laying there about 15min lmbo. yess sooo romantic bwahaha
we didn't do abstain(35) and messed up fr so that was me trying to lower count:)

I will say that my boys were most likely made w/ ds or side spoon as we never do missionary lol
now hoping a :pinksperm: got through and won the race:)

eta- and I always O'd before him- no big O on these attempts and my dd is from diff. dad and I never O'd back then and did a lot of missionary

oh one more thing I did rub just a lil of veg. oil on me(2nd attempt) as I needed some lube- never in my life have i used or needed lube:) le tactics at it's best I hope:)

Atsaukina1
November 30th, 2012, 08:22 AM

that is what I kept wondering........no way we could do dhallow the whole time so just finished that way on 1st attempt but did benedryl and rephresh so we shall see
2nd attempt ws not actually bd just me hopping on for finale:)

atomic sagebrush
November 30th, 2012, 04:59 PM
that is what I kept wondering........no way we could do dhallow the whole time so just finished that way on 1st attempt but did benedryl and rephresh so we shall see
2nd attempt ws not actually bd just me hopping on for finale:)

Yeah, I don't think shallow is a very good sway tactic, it's too hard to get it right and for guys who are having trouble with FR anyway...fugetaboutit. Let him do what he needs to do, both X and Y will be closer to the cervix!!

onebigwish
April 2nd, 2013, 05:31 AM
haha my two boys conceived in doggy style ( but also very very very much ewcm) !

myurkanin817
January 6th, 2014, 12:36 AM
Atomic u said this before for the standing up position in the shower is where it would prolly happen for us. Sorry tmi I know. :oops:

"It's hard to do and gravity will pull EWCM into the vagina. Men may find it difficult to orgasm in this position. Injuries have occured Old wives' tales say it is good for TTC a boy."

So I was wondering.. I plan to take aspirin along with the attempt so would that get rid of the EWCM??? Thank you for your help!

atomic sagebrush
January 7th, 2014, 01:09 PM
This is really just a bunch of speculative stuff that's more for fun than anything. I would not take this seriously into consideration when planning a sway.

Aspirin does not help to get rid of EWCM, antihistamine does.

Throwaway_panther
January 23rd, 2016, 01:49 PM
We conceived my daughter with missionary... I always O first (wink wink), but my husband's rather... large... and always aims for deep penetration, and he can't even O himself without my legs being up around him or higher.

One concern I'm having now, though -- I've been told by docs that I have a recessed cervix. Does this make all semen shallow?! My husband used to bump my cervix in certain positions because of his length/tilt of my body -- should I potentially aim for those positions to get him close to my cervix?

Although I'll say, I have no problems aiming for doggy style next time -- that's actually my BEST O position! We just were going for quick and dirty to get pregnant, haha!

atomic sagebrush
January 23rd, 2016, 04:05 PM
I do too (have a recessed cervix, and also O first haha) and I got 4 boys with it, so that's not something I'd give a second of thought or worry to. :)

atomic sagebrush
December 3rd, 2018, 10:12 AM
Yeah, I don't think shallow is a very good sway tactic, it's too hard to get it right and for guys who are having trouble with FR anyway...fugetaboutit. Let him do what he needs to do, both X and Y will be closer to the cervix!!

Since this is an older thread, I wanted to be sure you guys know we have seen absolutely abysmal results for conception with shallow release. It's never been proven to sway in any way,and it IS really cutting chances of conceiving to practically nil. I do not recommend shallow release for pink swayers - particularly if you're doing lots of harsh techniques to sway, like douching, jelly, timing, J and D, frequency