PDA

View Full Version : Middle name for Lillian

auroara78
June 22nd, 2012, 11:51 AM
Hey ya'll,

I was pretty set on doing Lillian Elizabeth (Elizabeth was my middle name), and I thought it was a cute way to honor my old middle name and my Mom's, but recently I went to a HS graduation and about 70% of the girl's middle names was Elizabeth!

While I am still entertaining the idea of keeping it, was wondering if anyone had a good suggestions for a middle for Lillian? I am open to suggestions!

Plus, it a bit of tongue twister and does not flow well when you say it aloud, try it: Lillian Elizabeth..it's a lot of L's!

dloui128
June 22nd, 2012, 11:58 AM
Lillian is such a pretty name, did you have any other ones you were considering? my girls middles names are Louise (after me and my grandmother) and Elise if I had another girl her middle name would of been Marie after my mom and mother in laws middle name or Jayne just because I liked that

what about Lillian Rose I think they go good together, the name sounds very feminine

cravingsalt
June 22nd, 2012, 12:06 PM
I second Lillian Rose, it flows nicely. Along those same lines, I like Lillian Paige and Lillian Grace.

nuthinbutpink
June 22nd, 2012, 12:11 PM
I like family tradition. Lilly-beth is a cute nickname!

alreadyneedivf
June 22nd, 2012, 12:36 PM
you could shorten elizabeth to my middle name--beth!! Lillian Beth sounds good--it's very similar to my name though so I am biased (oh yeah and lily is my favorite girl's name--lol)

Butterfly Spirit
June 22nd, 2012, 01:59 PM
Lillian Hope or Lillian Faith. I was going to say Lillian Grace but it has already been said. :)

ILindGurl
June 26th, 2012, 08:54 AM
I like Lillian Beth.
Or Lillian Belle (short for Isabelle which is variation of Elizabeth). Also love Jayne or Maeve.
Every other little girl has Rose or Grace as a middle name, so I would avoid them.

auroara78
June 27th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Yeah, while I think Rose and Grace are nice for middle names too, it's also pretty common.

I think I'm stuck back on Elizabeth or even Beth...it's shortens it up some but still honors my mom and I. Not 100% yet, but love the suggestions, thanks everyone!! :)

Hobbermittens
July 1st, 2012, 12:19 PM
I love Lillian Beth! That is a great compromise. :)

auroara78
July 2nd, 2012, 10:33 AM
Well my DH hates Lillian Beth....

and to be honest with you I didn't want to do Elizabeth for a while there becuz my mom and I had this huge fight, and I was really upset at her for being so rude to my DH....but this is prob. the last grand daughter she'll ever have (she only has one other granddaughter and 12 grandsons) and I think I am just going to keep the Elizabeth...it's a bit of a tongue twister, but I think in the long run it will make me feel good that Elizabeth will be my daughter's middle name, as it was mine and it was hers, plus it was the first name of my grandmother on my Dad's side, and my Dad really wanted to name me Elizabeth...so I think it will still make everyone really happy, and I am just a people pleaser :)

Hobbermittens
July 2nd, 2012, 10:38 AM
I think it sounds nice, and it is a nice way to honor your family. I don't think it is too much of a tongue twister!

NCBeachyGrl
July 2nd, 2012, 01:09 PM
Before I even opened the post, I thought Elizabeth would be pretty! That is my middle name and if we have a DD, we will use it for her middle name too! I just love it and think it sounds good with any name!

auroara78
July 3rd, 2012, 09:44 AM
Yeah I do love Elizabeth too....truth being told, if my Dad had convinced Mom to name me it, i would have been perfectly fine with it for a first name and not am middle name.

It took a while for me to really like /grow into my first name.

Mochagirl
July 3rd, 2012, 09:54 AM
I think Lillian Elizabeth sounds nice. Really, how often do we actually use our middle names anyway?