PDA

View Full Version : How much did you one year old nap?

december
January 29th, 2011, 12:20 PM
I feel like L naps a TON. Some days he's still at three a day. Those are usually shorter naps, but still... it seems a bit much.

Not that I'm complaining. I do enjoy the breaks. I'm just starting to worry about whether this is normal or not.

atomic sagebrush
January 29th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Marshall naps twice a day and sometimes three times, but my older three were all down to one nap at 1. My two big boys stopped napping all together at 1 1/2 (which sucked!!) Thankfully Tate made it to 2 1/2. I think it's different for each kid!

nuthinbutpink
January 29th, 2011, 04:15 PM
I prayed that mine were all down to one afternoon nap for 2 hours or so. The 2 nap thing is so limiting during the day. What time does he go to bed for the night?

Tinkerbelle
January 29th, 2011, 04:50 PM
All mine stopped napping during the day at 1 it sucks!!! But on the plus side they always slept well at night :)

lindi
January 29th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Mine napped twice a day until about 15 months and then it went to one really long nap.

skrimpy
January 29th, 2011, 08:16 PM
My 2yo stopped his 2 naps a day somewhere around 15-18 months. I'm still putting him down for naps every afternoon and he naps about 1.5 hours. My big kids all take a "quiet time" while he naps and I nap. I am hoping he will continue to actually sleep for at least another year and hopefully two.

xnicolax
January 30th, 2011, 11:23 AM
My 1yo has 1 sleep but it is a long one, about 3 hours. Im very lucky because he really needs lots of sleep. He's a little tear away so I dont know how I would cope if I didnt get his sleep breaks.

Orchid
January 31st, 2011, 11:46 AM
DS was down to just one nap around 10 months. He is 2 now and he still takes a nap for around 2 hours. He goes to bed at 9-and wakes up at 8. He gets around 13 hours of sleep which sounds right for children this age.

If he doesnt get cranky you can try dropping a nap. I think they need to get around 11 hours of sleep at night. See whether he is getting that.

december
February 2nd, 2011, 11:02 PM
I prayed that mine were all down to one afternoon nap for 2 hours or so. The 2 nap thing is so limiting during the day. What time does he go to bed for the night?

He goes to bed around 7-7:30pm. I've tried to push it to 8pm but he gets super cranky and doesn't go down well. He wakes up around 8:00am (he's sometimes up once at night maybe once or twice a week, but mostly sttn).

december
February 2nd, 2011, 11:04 PM
DS was down to just one nap around 10 months. He is 2 now and he still takes a nap for around 2 hours. He goes to bed at 9-and wakes up at 8. He gets around 13 hours of sleep which sounds right for children this age.

If he doesnt get cranky you can try dropping a nap. I think they need to get around 11 hours of sleep at night. See whether he is getting that. I think L is getting closer to 15-16 hours of sleep a day. He's *super* active when he is awake though.

sunnyinflorida
February 3rd, 2011, 09:59 AM
Eva takes two naps 1 at 10am and 1 at 3pm and she goes to bed at 7:30ish. I think it depends on the child Fiona took 3 for a long time then all the sudden she stopped them all together at 2...lol.