PDA

View Full Version : For those pregnant with opposite gender.....

3boyz
June 24th, 2012, 10:01 PM
I'm wondering, for those moms who have all boys and are now pregnant with a girl, or who have girls and are now preggo with a boy, are you pregnancies the same? Did you have morning sickness with the boys and not with the girl or vise versa?

Just wondering!!

nestof3
June 24th, 2012, 10:33 PM
I had mild m/s with ds1, almost zero with ds2 and severe with this one -a girl. I have had pimples this time, never with the boys. Also extremely sore breasts thus time.
All other things -hair growth, sex drive, etc-have been the same.

lightofmylifexxxy
June 24th, 2012, 11:27 PM
Hi there, with my DS i have bad morning sickness for 3 months, and exactly the same with my DD. The pregnancies were basically the same. With Ds I craved grapefruit juice, and hot chips! I don't think morning sickness can indicate either gender, as i was sick with both just the same - maybe a tiny bit worse with my DS

nestof3
June 25th, 2012, 01:53 PM
I can't say because I've only been pregnant with 1 girl but I think for some people morning sickness *can* be different for different genders. Mine has been so much worse with a girl than with my boys.

dloui128
June 25th, 2012, 02:56 PM
With DD1 and DD2 I had no morning sickness, I had great skin and hair and I craved cereal and ice cream. I am pregnant with a boy now and I was so nauseous every single night for 3 months(never threw up) my skin and hair are not great right now I have been breaking out like I am 16 and I crave salty and sour things

ILindGurl
June 25th, 2012, 11:06 PM
I have 2 boys...so not exactly what you are looking for...but no morning sickness with DS1. I had SEVERE sensitivity to smells (cigarette smoke and fish) it was so bad that I had to cross the street in NYC if I was near them...I also craved water like crazy (I normally never drink it). DS2 I had a bit of morning sickness, no smell issues and craved lemonade...I couldn't get enough of it. I believe every pregnancy is different and you can't predict gender based on it. GL!

TTC5
June 25th, 2012, 11:12 PM
All my girls made me sick! My current pregnancy, a boy, didn't :)

atomic sagebrush
June 25th, 2012, 11:46 PM
I had worse morning sickness with my boys (except DS 2 who didn't make me very sick at all.) But my MS did seem to start sooner and last longer with DD than with the boys.

I've talked to hundreds of people and there is NO pattern there at all. People should NOT despair or jump for joy over morning sickness because there is no way to know on the basis of sickness, cravings, or any other OWT or symptom.

If it's fun to you to speculate, whatevs but I had no gender pref. when I got pg with DS 3, it was my symptoms and OWT that ended up making me think he was a she and then I was DEVASTATED at my ultrasound.

auroara78
June 26th, 2012, 10:26 AM
The only symptom i had that was different was this preg I was way, way off meat (and still dubious) and craved meat (esp. beef) with DS1 and (fried chicken) DS2.

Also the big one was I was deeply depressed/black hole feeling from weeks 5 thru 9. It started to ease up at 9, but didnt' fully go away until about week 12 or so. I couldn't figure out why I was such in a funk, since I wanted the baby, but I was really anxious after I concieved her and doubted it all the time, until I finally had to tell myself "enough, you wanted this, chill out!" With my boys, preg. always bolstered my mood and made me feel more "womanly"

3boyz
June 26th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Thanks ladies! I've just always wondered if it would be different for me if I were to get pregnant with a girl. I never had any morning sickness with any of my boys, really. I craved watermelon, grapes, and sprite constantly with all three of them! So, just wondered. I hope I get to find out someday!!

toomanyboys
June 29th, 2012, 05:26 AM
you know i think there is some theory in this and i think it doesn't hold true that being pregnant with a boy causes less morning sickness and visa versa with girls..what i do and am starting to believe is that some of us have naturally higher testosterone whether it be completely natural or due to a condition (in my case being PCOS)...and others are more prone to have have high oestrogen in their system so what i think happens is that people like myself and and with high testosterone tend to have a tendency to tolerate higher testosterone levels with no real side effects when pregnant with boys and hence instead i think we don't suffer pregnancy symptoms as severly or at all when pregnant with our boys then when we have girls. those who have more of an intolerane to testosterone i..e those with naturally higher oestrogen tend to tolerate girl pregnancy's more. i think the effect oestrogen has one both types women will tend to have a more severe effect on pregnancy anyway so whilst some women who are high in oetrogen and pregnant with girls can be sick with their DD's or hardly will be more sick with boys pregnancies and visa versa...those having boys more often a slight increase in oestrogen due to pregnancy but still higher testosterone may make them nauseous but not necessarily sick....but with girl pregnancies more sicker....i think there are those that are in the middle but may lean more one way or another will be the ones that may feel sickness and changes with either more prominantly or not at all.
i am prone to have boys more than girls....i also was completely normal with my boys and had amazing hair, amazing skin and just generally felt great with no or hardly any food aversiuons. with my DD1 and this baby (hoping it could still be a DD) i have had nausea straight away and this pregnancy i have for the first time severe MS. i also find that my hair is a give away too....it is dry and dull and brittle....my skin is blotchy and pimply too. so unless i make an effort with myself i look awful. also i have not gained as much with my daughter and although she was big near the end (i was boarderline gestational diabetes this may explain why) this time i look slim as ever and so far my sugar test came back normal will have another one taken at 28 weeks) and i am in my second trimester now..this is a first for me...with my boys i go huge straight away!!!!!!!am massive by the end. but hardly any to no symptoms at all apart from physical changes.

sorry for the waffle but i am beginning to think this is the reason why people whom i know have girls say they had no symtoms or hardly any and those that have boys have no symptoms or hardly any always have the opposite effect when they the opposte gender in their pregnancies.....there must be a correlation of people and their natural hormone levels when not pregnant and the the effect pregnancy has on them when pregnant with a girl (increase in oestrogen) and pregnanct with a boy (increase in testosterone).

Mochagirl
June 29th, 2012, 08:39 AM
I had pretty bad m/s with my twin boys, almost none with ds3, and almost none again with dd1. This pregnancy and my last are almost identical except that my boobs were MUCH sorer this time around, and I'm carrying much higher. I also had lots of skin breakouts in the first trimester.

ILindGurl
July 12th, 2012, 07:54 PM
my mom had boy then girl...she carried the same, same amt of morning sickness (but at night only)...skin was the same...she ate the same diet before pregnancy...with both of us she gained about 15 lbs. So, for some people...each pregnancy is similar....it's like that too.

Chicky
July 23rd, 2012, 07:36 PM
The pregnancies with my boys were identical and with no MS. This time I am having a girl and really not much difference. I do have some mild MS, but I think it's probably from the estrogen and progesterone I am taking from doing HT. I am done the estrogen as of today so wonder what effect that will have.

fish2012
July 29th, 2012, 06:16 PM
i have 2 ds almost no morning sickness with either slightly more with ds2 but think that may have been due to having a 7month old baby who didn't sleep that great - think it was just down to being tired

my mil have ds1 no morning sickness, dd no morning sickness, ds2 morning and evening sickness so bad she had to quit her job and had to go to bed at 6pm!

love-my-kids
August 1st, 2012, 03:23 PM
With my boys I gained more weight, ate more, had more morning sickness that lasted longer, and craved spicy and sour things. With the girls it was/is fruit and sweets.