PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for a middle name.....HELP

Kiesse
June 24th, 2012, 11:41 PM
We have decided that if that if this bubba is a girl, i am naming it her after my mum somehow as my 2 boys are named after my dad, brother and grandfather well their middle names. Mum is hoping that its a girl so she has someone named after her as my brother never wants children so i am her only chance! lol
Problem is her name is Debbie (deborah) never goes by Deborah tho and her middle name is Gail, both names are not my cup of tea. I want a middle name that is in a way named after her but not sure how, i thought about hyphinating gail with something else? also combining the two names into something else i dont know! i know its a long way off and a 50% chance that it could be a boy but just want a name sorted in case. I thought about Ebigail (kinda pronounced the same as Abigail) ahh, any ideas welcome.

GT77
June 25th, 2012, 12:31 AM
U can't use first initial.

MatildaMai
June 25th, 2012, 01:52 AM
I immediately thought of Abigail. I do have a cousin whose first name is Laura-Gail. Not sure what her middle name is but I've always thought it quite a nice name.

sweetsister
June 25th, 2012, 02:11 AM
I think Gail is a nice middle name and it goes with almost any first name,i would just choose a first name i like and then give the middle name of your Mom or her first name as the middle name..like
Kaylie Gail ,or so and so..

Kiesse
June 25th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Hmmm, i was talking to mum about it this morning, Abigail is out full stop, their dog is called abigail which i just didnt even think about as we call her Abby but yea no. See i like unisex names both my boys have names that could be girls names, i like a tom boy name for a girl but that could also be girly, i really like Kamryn for a girl,
I am soo bummed, my cousin had a wee boy yesterday and I have had a name i loved since forever, i wanted it for both my boys but my ex wouldnt let me as he didnt like it, when we found out i was pregnant this time, different partner, i told him the name and he loves it just as much as i do, we havnt told anyone as i made that mistake with my girls name, but my cousin went and named her baby my name! Jaxon, was sooo gutted, i am so stuck on names, i can not find any that i really love for either sex!

Cinss
June 26th, 2012, 04:33 AM
Gabbie (gail-debbie)

Kiesse
June 26th, 2012, 03:59 PM
I do like gabby but that was a name that one of our very close family friends had for their daughter who died of Cerable pausy (sp?) well her name was gabrielle but gabby for short. I actually got my first BFP with this pregnancy on what would have been her 19th birthday! If i was to use that name i would need to speak to that family first i think.

Keep the names coming tho!