PDA

View Full Version : Anyone stop night feeding and get af back?

ThreeMenAndALAdy
June 26th, 2012, 08:25 AM
I haven't had af and my ds will be 1 July 6th. I stopped his once a night feeding 5 days ago. Has anyone had any luck getting af back after night weaning?

HopingWishingPraying
June 26th, 2012, 10:16 AM
I am in the same boat. My littlest guy turns 1 in July as well and I am desperately hoping to sway in September but dont have PPAF back yet. I have dropped night time feeds a few times but my bubby still wants them and each time it seems that he gets sick and they creep back in again. He is having a night time feed again now, which I am despairing about, but it is so hard to make him give them up.... it always involves him getting upset about it, which I hate and feel guilty about. I am trying to have one big gap between feeds in the day (ie one 6 hour gap) plus he normally doesn't feed between 7pm - 2am, so I am hoping this is enough. No signs of fertility returning though. I got my PPAF back at 8 months with my first by taking vitex, night weaning and only feeding 3 times in the day, and at 13months with my second just naturally without trying to force it. I am on the LE diet in anticipation of attempting in September so I really hope my body complies (and that the vitex I am taking helps). It seems to be something that varies between women, but apparently the average age of PPAF is between 12 - 14 months for the majority of BF mums. Good luck, hope your cycles come back soon.

atomic sagebrush
June 26th, 2012, 11:06 AM
No, but I have ovulated and gotten pregnant twice while breastfeeding including VERY frequent night feedings.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
June 26th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Hello HWP. Just wondering how long you've been on Vitex. I haven't started taking it yet. Are you taking it 2 w on 2 w off?

ThreeMenAndALAdy
June 26th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Called my doc's office today to make an appt for my yearly and we started talking about ttc one more time. I told them af hadn't shown her face around yet and she said I needed to wean my ds before I got pregnant. She said they don't recommed getting pregnant while nursing. Has anyone heard of this?

atomic sagebrush
June 26th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Called my doc's office today to make an appt for my yearly and we started talking about ttc one more time. I told them af hadn't shown her face around yet and she said I needed to wean my ds before I got pregnant. She said they don't recommed getting pregnant while nursing. Has anyone heard of this?

Some doctors say this based on older beliefs and what they were taught in medical school but it's not true and has been totally debunked by newer research. The only possible exception is someone who has an incompetent cervix or premature labor (breastfeeding can cause Braxton Hicks contractions, but it's unclear whether or not that even matters in a high risk scenario. For a normal pgit doesn't matter at all.

You only need an additional 300 cals a day to sustain your pregnancy and it's really easy to manage. You'll get plenty of nutrients in your prenatal and folic acid for both BF and pregnancy.

Keep it on the DL, they'll never know you're BF.

I got pg while nursing twice, nursed straight through pg both times (once with a placenta previa) and did so with my doctor's full and complete blessing. :) (my doctor is nice.) I gained 80 lbs with one of them (baby weighed 8 lbs) and have gained 40 with this pg so far - it's easy (too easy) to gain weight even while BF and the size of the baby was the same as my other boys (he was actually bigger than DS 3!)