PDA

View Full Version : THEORY: side baby implants on in your uterus can predict their gender. True/False?

ILindGurl
June 26th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Has anyone else every heard of this theory? I stumbled upon a thread on a different website that said there is some evidence (really?) that the side the embryo implants on in the uterus can predict the gender. It claims to be accurate over 95% of the time. Supposedly boys implant on the right, and girls on the left. Just curious if anyone else has heard of this. There is a medical article on an OBGYN site but you have to be a member to read it.

Would love your feedback on this "theory"!

dloui128
June 26th, 2012, 09:57 AM
I have heard of it but it didn't work for me, I am having a boy and he implanted on the left

auroara78
June 26th, 2012, 10:28 AM
I heard of the theory, and wanted to test it on me, but my U/S tech refused to play along with me. I never did find out what side I implanted on, I should ask my OB anyway, just for curiousity's sake, but when I saw the bean on the 8 week U/S (when you need to ask and find out) the baby was straight in the center of my uterus and no clue could be gotten from that.

I think the theory holds some merit, but I woudln't be upset or totally convinced by it.

ILindGurl
June 26th, 2012, 10:41 AM
I don't give it too much merit either. I really don't understand why one side of the uterus would attract one gender or the other...seems like the cells would just float and try to attach to first available spot they touch. But, I was just curious...because people said it was so accurate.

mydream
June 26th, 2012, 10:48 AM
ILindGurl- just saw in your siggie that you are preg!! Horray Congrats!
I have heard of the theory but I really don't have any input. sorry

ILindGurl
June 26th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Thanks, mydream!! I'm praying so hard that this pregnancy sticks! :)

mydream
June 26th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Thanks, mydream!! I'm praying so hard that this pregnancy sticks! :)

Praying for you too!!

toomanyboys
June 29th, 2012, 05:13 AM
it is called ramzi's theory....there is some truth to it but it holds true only up to 6 maybe 7 weeks after which the baby starts to float around more so once past 8 weeks it will not be able to be dertermined where the embryo has implanted. i have felt implantation on the let of my uterus quite clearly...twinges and everything else realted to it even flutters........baby also seems to be focussed on the left of my uterus still but also in all my ultrasounds it is quite low and central but slightly left rather than right. i have all symptoms and predictions poiinting to a girl...nothing about this rpegnancy is boy but since it is my last baby i am not going to find out until birth so it remains to be seen if holds true for me.....i have a20 weeks scan on the 16th of august so unless i can make out what it is i won't know until the 4th of jan!:)

atomic sagebrush
July 1st, 2012, 12:52 PM
There may be something to it, but the problem is that the techs have to be specially trained and also there's a very narrow window in which it can be done accurately. The average tech is completely unreliable.

atomic sagebrush
July 1st, 2012, 12:54 PM
I don't give it too much merit either. I really don't understand why one side of the uterus would attract one gender or the other...seems like the cells would just float and try to attach to first available spot they touch. But, I was just curious...because people said it was so accurate.

It's ~probably~ not so much that one side attracts the bean more than the other, but there's also the study that seems to indicate that left sided ovulations are more likely girls (this is VERY far from 100%) and other studies that show ectopics are more likely girls, while placenta previas are more likely boys (again far from 100%) So it may be a combo of what side you ovulate from in addition to the behavior of the fertilized egg itself, what side it chooses to implant on. Hope all is going well for you ILind!!

stillwanttwomore
August 20th, 2012, 01:00 PM
I also have a question about this...I had an early ultrasound the the baby and sac are clearly on the left side of my Uterus. That early is the baby is on the left side wouldn't the placenta be on the lft side as well?

TT_3814
August 21st, 2012, 04:19 PM
That's interesting.. My OB did an early scan yesterday and to him it looks like the baby implanted on the top of my uterus? I have another scan on Sunday by an actual tech so I'll see what they come up with, it may still be too early.