PDA

View Full Version : Dr potter question

GT77
June 27th, 2012, 11:16 AM
I read you recent answer that you recommend day three for pgd rather than day 5. I want to know why? I have been reading that day 3 testing for pgd does to much trauma to an embryo, is this not true?

I also read that with the new technology that day 5 is better to test for pgd?

I'm doing pgd for gender and I'm 35 yrs old. For me, would you recommend day 3 or day 5? What are the disadvantages/ advantages for testing for pgd on day 3 and 5. Why is day 5 not needed for pgd? I'm so confused so if you can help I appreciate that.

Thank you,
GT

Dr. Potter
June 30th, 2012, 04:50 AM
I read you recent answer that you recommend day three for pgd rather than day 5. I want to know why? I have been reading that day 3 testing for pgd does to much trauma to an embryo, is this not true?

I also read that with the new technology that day 5 is better to test for pgd?

I'm doing pgd for gender and I'm 35 yrs old. For me, would you recommend day 3 or day 5? What are the disadvantages/ advantages for testing for pgd on day 3 and 5. Why is day 5 not needed for pgd? I'm so confused so if you can help I appreciate that.

Thank you,
GT
100% fasle. This study was done using aCGH which does not help with embryo selection when done on day 3. There is a big study from Germany which says that PGD reduces pregnancy rates. This was also done by people with inferior technology and minimal experience in this procedure. The rates that I presented and that were in the supplement to the April Fertility and Sterility are real and in fact understate the value of PGD when done right and with the best technology (i.e. 72% implantation overall per embryo regardless of age).

GT77
June 30th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Thank you for getting back to me. I also read that if you test for PGD on day 5, that it is a higher implantation is this not true either? Is testing for all 23 chromosomes on day 5- what test is that called?

Dr. Potter
July 4th, 2012, 06:49 AM
Thank you for getting back to me. I also read that if you test for PGD on day 5, that it is a higher implantation is this not true either? Is testing for all 23 chromosomes on day 5- what test is that called?It is true for aCGH. It will probably be true for Natera but day 3 Natera is better than day 5 aCGH according to published data.

GT77
July 7th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Ok thank you. It is very interesting & thank you for informing me. I appreciate it!! So if I am doing PGD for just gender and I want to of course make sure all those chromosomes are perfect. You suggest GSN on day 3, right?