PDA

View Full Version : A new forum area?

princesssarah34
June 28th, 2012, 07:51 PM
I was just wondering if we could have a new forum area for the mom's who have had their babies....maybe just a general chit chat area? We had a our due date forums and most of us have had our babies....but I was wondering if we could have a area just for chit chat after the babies have come...just to stay in touch with the other mom's me grew close to while on our baby gender journey. Maybe in the parenting area or something? Just wondering if this is possible. Thanks for your time!

Mochagirl
June 28th, 2012, 08:12 PM
I was recently thinking about this too. Some sites have general parenting chat areas broken down by the age of the kids (i.e. 6 months and under, 6-12 months, 1, 2, etc.).

nuthinbutpink
June 28th, 2012, 08:34 PM
I'm happy to do this. What is the best format do you think?

Mochagirl
June 28th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Hmmm...I don't know what would make the most sense. We could either arrange it by 'birth clubs' related to our our due date groups or by age of the children we want to discuss. On a site I used to frequent, it was divided as: 'First Year', 'Second Year', 'Age 2-4', 'Age 5-11' and 'Age 12-18'. The benefit of doing it as birth clubs is that people who TTC and were pregnant together will be able to connect more easily, but the disadvantage is that there might not be many postings and/or it may be hard to attract new members to post there. Anyone else have ideas?

zanacal
June 29th, 2012, 08:31 AM
What a great idea! I think this will be good for those of us not ttc any more as it'll give us a reason to stay with the site and I think doing it by baby/child's age is a good idea too.

nuthinbutpink
June 30th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Mocha, I like that idea you spelled out...I think we all get along and "know" of each other and it will create bigger groups because not everyone will stick around after having their baby. I will try to work on this tonight. Thanks for the suggestion!

Hobbermittens
June 30th, 2012, 04:13 PM
I like this idea too!

Mochagirl
June 30th, 2012, 09:04 PM
I tend to butt in to other peoples' due date groups anyway and count many of my close friends among them, so I think it would be nice to have an 'official' place for us all to gather after our babies are born.

princesssarah34
June 30th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Yay!
I really wasn't sure if I even said it right when I asked about a new area! Thanks Mocha you made my idea sound a lot better!:bowdown:

nuthinbutpink
July 1st, 2012, 10:10 PM
Okay, it's been added!

Birth Clubs and Parenting Support (http://genderdreaming.com/forum/birth-clubs-parenting-support/)

Mochagirl
July 1st, 2012, 10:40 PM
Yay! Thanks, NBP!!!

Hobbermittens
July 1st, 2012, 10:43 PM
Thank you NBP!!

zanacal
July 2nd, 2012, 04:50 AM
Thanks NBP :D