PDA

View Full Version : Le diet question

ThreeMenAndALAdy
June 29th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Hello everyone. A question about the diet. I have 4 children and don't have time to make some of the amazing meals I've seen on here. Is anyone doing something simple, like eating a bagel with a tablespoon of peanut butter and a Yoplait yogurt for lunch? And what about dinner? Does anyone use the salad dressings they sell at the supermarket? I don't have time to make my own. And how many times a week can you have pasta and rice? Sorry I'm sure this has been asked before.

atomic sagebrush
June 29th, 2012, 02:19 PM
That is EXACTLY what I did. I didn't do anything elaborate whatsoever (I actually have some pics to download, I'll try to find time to do that today.) I did a lot of toast, baked potato, hummus wraps, bean burritos, bagels and CC, cheese sandwiches, and pasta. I never had time to cook anything elaborate (which annoyed me because I love to cook, but I didn't have time.)

I had to use coconut water and take supps (I have chronically low potassium and have to take supps if I don't get enough from diet.) to make sure I had enough potassium.

atomic sagebrush
June 29th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Oh and pasta and rice are only limited in terms of calories/protein. No limit on the number of times you eat them a week.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
June 29th, 2012, 02:29 PM
What about salad dressing? I can have iceburg lettuce but can't make my own dressing. Are there any that are ok to use?

ThreeMenAndALAdy
June 29th, 2012, 02:30 PM
And did you drink caffeine? I have tea every day with rice milk and 2 sugars...keeps me sane!! I can cut back a bit. I drink about 3 a day. Every day is going to be like ground hog day as far as food is concerned...lol!

atomic sagebrush
July 1st, 2012, 10:14 AM
What about salad dressing? I can have iceburg lettuce but can't make my own dressing. Are there any that are ok to use?

Yes, small amounts of salad dressing are allowed, just add it into the overall totals for the day. You can use whatever kind you want as long as you add it into your day's diet totals.

atomic sagebrush
July 1st, 2012, 10:16 AM
And did you drink caffeine? I have tea every day with rice milk and 2 sugars...keeps me sane!! I can cut back a bit. I drink about 3 a day. Every day is going to be like ground hog day as far as food is concerned...lol!

I drank a TON of caffeine. I had the most caffeine by far when I TTC DD than with any of the boys. I think coffee ~may~ be better than tea so you might want to switch. I would also drop the sugar or use unsweetened, unless you're having it with a meal, so your blood sugar doesn't go up.

Atsaukina1
October 20th, 2012, 09:56 AM

my fav dressing is honey mustard. I make my own but looked at the fat content of olive oil wowza 14g. a tablespoon. So I just made it w/ honey,mustard, and water. it's still awesome!! and sooo easy. Their are many fat free version at the store though or low fat you can find in your favorite flavor:)

atomic sagebrush
October 20th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the tip!!! Sounds yummy and if you use dijon you could get a different taste too!