PDA

View Full Version : When you were/are TTC, when did you POAS?

NCBeachyGrl
June 30th, 2012, 12:45 PM
So...I am 1000% a POAS addict. Just for fun, when did most of you POAS?

dloui128
June 30th, 2012, 07:52 PM
9 DPO negative then I got a positive on 11 DPO

Cinss
June 30th, 2012, 08:36 PM
For the first 4 months i would poas at 10dpo, the novelty has worn off now though, now i just wait for AF.

NCBeachyGrl
June 30th, 2012, 10:43 PM
This poll is making me feel better about early testing!!!!! Glad to see I am not the only one who POAS early!

coocoobananas
July 1st, 2012, 12:04 AM
I would but then I kept seeing girls on here get a positive early on and it ended in a chemical! I just wanted to be sure and not know about a very early loss that I wouldn't otherwise have known if that makes sense!!

NCBeachyGrl
July 1st, 2012, 07:58 AM
I would but then I kept seeing girls on here get a positive early on and it ended in a chemical! I just wanted to be sure and not know about a very early loss that I wouldn't otherwise have known if that makes sense!!

That does worry me too! I hate what a chemical can do to your head...but even knowing that, I just can't help myself sometimes.

luckylass
July 5th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Never POAS until after AF was due. Actually on all of my pregnancies dh noticed I was pregnant before I did.

ILindGurl
July 7th, 2012, 04:47 PM
I only POAS when AF doesn't show. With my DS1 & 2 and this pregnancy, I waited until one-four days after AF didn't show. 2x I POAS day AF was due because I was certain I was pregnant during those cycles (had so many symptoms!!) but they ended up as chemical pregnancies :( I had no symptoms during the 2ww with my boys or this pregnancy...so weird. So I waited for AF to show, and when it didn't, I tested.

HopeandDreamG
July 7th, 2012, 05:28 PM
In a way I want to know if I have a chemical at least I know sperm met egg. Then we have info and can focus on what can be done to make baby stick(if anything)

NCBeachyGrl
July 7th, 2012, 05:34 PM
In a way I want to know if I have a chemical at least I know sperm met egg. Then we have info and can focus on what can be done to make baby stick(if anything)

Agree! And if for some reason you end up with a really long cycle, you will know the reason.

I just hate getting excited and then have something happen. The last time I was TTC, I was leaving for a trip in the carribean with my parents and they are big drinkers so naturally they asked what I wanted. I had to tell them nothing b/c I just found out I was pregnant. Then, of course, in the Charlotte airport bleeding started. It was just aweful having to tell them what happened. I told DH no trips while we TTC this time!

luckylass
July 10th, 2012, 04:05 PM

That is actually a really good point and one I never thought of before. I never tested until a week after I was due as I was too afraid of not seeing a bfp but your reasoning for testing early is making me totally rethink my silly fear.