PDA

View Full Version : Sawyer for a girl?

Hobbermittens
July 1st, 2012, 12:23 PM
I know that it is typically a boy's name, but I am one of those annoying people who likes to use boyish names for girls (blame it on my GD!). It actually is in both the girl section and the boy section of the name book, and I figure if girls can be Addison and Emerson, why not Sawyer? What do you all think?

Shellbelle
July 1st, 2012, 12:25 PM
I love it. It's unique without being too "out there." :)

atomic sagebrush
July 1st, 2012, 12:50 PM
I've met several little girls named Sawyer. I think it's cute.

dloui128
July 1st, 2012, 01:09 PM
I like boy names for girls. Swayer is cute

NCBeachyGrl
July 1st, 2012, 01:10 PM
I like it a lot too!!!

BeadinMom
July 1st, 2012, 04:12 PM
I think it's VERY cute! :)

cravingsalt
July 1st, 2012, 04:29 PM
One of my favorite names I've ever heard (it was a boy, but would be nice on a girl too)- Sawyer Blue.

coocoobananas
July 1st, 2012, 06:52 PM
I have a Sawyer and funny as Emmerson is top of my list for a girl! I think Sawyer is even cooler for a girl!!

PeonyPrincess
July 1st, 2012, 06:56 PM
I heard it on a tv show a while back and loved it. It's a great name!

auroara78
July 2nd, 2012, 10:31 AM
I think this is perfect Hobbers...but you won't get to use it unless you want to name a baby in blue with it :)

dloui128
July 2nd, 2012, 10:37 AM
I think this is perfect Hobbers...but you won't get to use it unless you want to name a baby in blue with it :)

I agree :) But I do like Sawyer for a boys name too

Hobbermittens
July 2nd, 2012, 10:44 AM
Thanks ladies! Ha ha Auroara and Dloui, I like it for a boy too, and I hope you are right! ....but I still think the baby is a girl. DH loves the name Molly for a girl. I like it too, but I don't adore it.... nothing has come along that feels "perfect", but I really like Sawyer. My other kids have Southern names, so I think it fits.

LolaInLove
July 2nd, 2012, 03:52 PM
I love the name for a girl or boy!

WaitingforIvy
August 8th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Makes me think of Lost, but its really cute and fits with your other kids. (this is SfT, btw)

Hobbermittens
August 8th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Makes me think of Lost, but its really cute and fits with your other kids. (this is SfT, btw)

Hey! Nice to see you here. :)I actually liked that character on Lost (I know he was kind of an a-hole), though I had the name in mind 3 kids ago before I had ever seen the show. I know it is boyish, but I have found it on several web sites and in a few name books in the girl section.

RedCanoe
August 8th, 2012, 05:52 PM
I like it!

sweetpea
August 8th, 2012, 05:59 PM
I like it! And if you like it enough, you could end up choosing this name for whatever "flavor" baby you have cooking right now, as it would work nicely for a boy or girl. ;)

Hobbermittens
August 8th, 2012, 06:19 PM
True, Sweetpea!

Can anyone think of a middle name? I think it would need a really girly middle name to balance it out.

Winngrin
August 8th, 2012, 06:27 PM
How many syllables is your last name?

Hobbermittens
August 8th, 2012, 06:31 PM
How many syllables is your last name?

2. Ends with an N.

Winngrin
August 8th, 2012, 11:18 PM
For 2 syllable first and last names I really like 1 or 3 syllable middle names. So either something short and sweet (Grace) or longer and feminine (Madeline)....just examples but I'll keep thinking.

Hobbermittens
August 8th, 2012, 11:52 PM
Thanks for the suggestions! I think I like the idea of something short, like Rose or Grace or Marie, but maybe a little less common?

Winngrin
August 9th, 2012, 02:01 PM
I love the names Paige (I would love to use this but we already have a DG name picked if we are ever so blessed as to have a DD), Claire, Eve, Quinn (but its kind of like Sawyer for boy/girl), Maeve (think this sounds like a classic movie star name), Fern, Lark (again kinda boy/girl). Look up one syllable girl names, it will keep you busy for hours lol!

The Anchor
August 9th, 2012, 04:13 PM
I like boy names for girls. Swayer is cute

I just noticed that Sawyer looks an awful lot like Swayer!:giggle:

Hobbermittens
August 9th, 2012, 07:04 PM
I just noticed that Sawyer looks an awful lot like Swayer!:giggle:

I had that same thought the other day!! Ha ha. I did sway, though not for a girl! I swayed boy.