PDA

View Full Version : Just chatting!

zanacal
July 2nd, 2012, 05:00 AM
Thought I'd post something to get the new forum going - though I don't really have anything to say!

We're doing pretty good here. Eliza is 4 weeks old now (sob!) and an angel baby - she feeds well and sleeps well and is easy to care for. I'm sure this will bite me on the bum at some point in the not so distant future so I'm enjoying it while I can!

The headaches I was worried about a short while ago seem to have subsided so I guess they were hormonal afterall. I do still feel quite light headed some days and I don't know what that's about but my blood pressure was pretty low for me when I had it checked so perhaps it's something to do with that.

I cannot believe how much weight I put on this pregnancy. I was much lighter than I've ever been pre-pregnancy thanks to the LE diet, but to get back down to that weight I'd need to lose 5 stone (70lbs!). Ugh! When did you all start dieting/exercising after you had your babies? I'm giving myself 6 weeks before I start anything (I'm breastfeeding) but it's getting quite depressing getting clothes to fit (mainly still wearing maternity) and seeing my squishy guts in the mirror. I think I'll do Weight Watchers. I'd love to get back to Zumba but Eliza still has no routine (which suits me fine for now) so I can't plan in advance to be out of the house at a certain time in case she needs feeding so I'll have to try a DVD.

How's everybody else doing?

lobella2
July 2nd, 2012, 11:46 AM
Good idea to start a new forum here.

Lily is now almost 2 1/2 months. I am getting very sad about returning to work in a month:( We are just starting to get into a slight routine. Hopefully it will be better by the end of the month. I have started to pump and give her a bottle every morning. She fights with me some mornings, but she gives in pretty easily. She would much rather nurse:) I have not really been dieting, but I did not have much of an appetite the first 2 months so a lot of my pregnancy weight came off quickly. Now my appetite is back so I am watching what I eat. I have 10 pounds to go, but I have a really fast metabolism so it makes it easier.

alreadyneedivf
July 2nd, 2012, 10:37 PM
hi ladies! my son is almost four months. I started dieting at around 6 weeks. I have a wedding tomorrow so had to be back to my weight in time for it--haha didn't feel like buying a new dress--I guess one would call that laziness.

Zanacal--my son was the same way and has been since he's been born--eats well (super chubster) and sleeps well--I always say I never want to jinx it but now at 4 months he is still sleeping great! Is weight watchers popular in england? Here it's the most popular diet.

lobella--i go back to work in 2 weeks--tear tear--I am going back for three days a week but am so sad to leave the baby.

Mochagirl
July 3rd, 2012, 07:28 AM
Hey ladies - obviously I haven't had my baby yet, but I thought I'd follow you here anyway a few months early ;).

Z- I've already gained over 50 lbs, and I'm only 29 weeks, so by the end I might have as much weight to lose as you. I have a wedding one month after my due date, and I'm not looking forward to having to find a dress that will fit me. I've been thinking of eventually going back on the LE diet to lose the pounds, but including more whole grains, healthy fats, and a higher protein threshold. It's the only diet I've ever been on, and I was amazed at how quickly the pounds melted off me.

alreadyneedivf
July 3rd, 2012, 08:43 AM
Hey ladies - obviously I haven't had my baby yet, but I thought I'd follow you here anyway a few months early ;).

Z- I've already gained over 50 lbs, and I'm only 29 weeks, so by the end I might have as much weight to lose as you. I have a wedding one month after my due date, and I'm not looking forward to having to find a dress that will fit me. I've been thinking of eventually going back on the LE diet to lose the pounds, but including more whole grains, healthy fats, and a higher protein threshold. It's the only diet I've ever been on, and I was amazed at how quickly the pounds melted off me.

Hi mocha! Hope you are feeling well! Maybe I should check out the le diet in swaying to lose weight!

Mochagirl
July 3rd, 2012, 09:08 AM
I'm sure any good diet would do the job, but what I like about LE is that it doesn't restrict carbs. I'm not sure I'd be very successful at Weight Watchers since I loooooove pasta. The only thing I really missed while on LE was cheese (too high in protein and sodium) and snacking, but since I wouldn't be doing the diet to sway I could include a little more cheese and I could snack on fruit between meals so I don't feel so hungry. I got so used to the LE diet after many months on it that I didn't feel like I was suffering too much at all, and I think with fewer restrictions it would be even easier to follow. I would just use it to shed the baby pounds and get back to my pre-LE diet weight, which was 25lbs more than the weight I was at when I got my BFP. If I get ambitious I might try to get a little lower than that, but I don't want to get as low as I was while TTC because my family all thought I looked anorexic!

princesssarah34
July 5th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Yay the new forum is here for us!!! I have been mia for a while I guess...just trying to stay busy with the boys this summer! And I really need to get some pictures of Benjamin he is 8 weeks already....crazy!

And I am with the rest of you ladies....although I didn't gain the weight this time like I did with my other boys. But that was all because of the Gest. Diabetes diet I had to be on. But now that I have passed my six week check up and the surgery is done and over I plan on starting a work out routine....we bought a punching bag as I figured it would be good for everyone when we are stressed out to go beat on it!!:bigsmile: And I have been trying to eat similar to how you eat on the Gest. Diabetes diet.....which is lots of veggis and protein! Carbs are my weakness so I am teying to eat less of them....but it I have to have some I have been doing the low carb bread and tortillas which the ones I found actually taste good! :omg:

Hopefully more of the others will join us on here to chat....Mocha you are always welcome to join us! I have been stalking you in your due date thread. :wink: I love reading about all the new babies that are coming soon!

alreadyneedivf
July 6th, 2012, 05:14 PM
hi ladies!

princess...def post pics of benjamin...i love that name! 8 weeks...so cute! the gest. diabetes diet would be hard for me since i hate veggies...lol.

mocha...the le diet sounds good to me..i LOVE carbs like you! lol. I guess I am not really a good dieter..I also like alcohol a lot..lol. yay for the sway working! my bff just was thinking about swaying for her third. I want to send her here but don't want her to know this is me and I am doing gender selection. lol.

so when do your docs recommend introducing solids? mine said between 4 and 6 months anytime.

hope you all have a fabulous weekend!!

zanacal
July 9th, 2012, 06:20 AM
Sorry I've not been around lately. I've been busy reading and have been feeling quite overwhelmed by everything - and getting less and less done and feeling even more overwhelmed in the process!

I haven't started the diet yet but will get oragnised some time this week probably. Weight Watchers is very popular here and so is Slimming World. Both are good and on both you get to eat lots more if you're exlusively breastfeeding so it should be easier to do now than down the line once Eliza's eating solid foods!

I'm not sure what the official recommendation for weaning on to solids is here now - it's something vague about breastfeeding exclusively for 6 months as an ideal but making sure baby is at least 4 months old otherwise. I wean mine all at around 6 months and we do babyled weaning instead of purees. I love it!

I feel quite dizzy today having done lots of housework this morning and I think I'm ovulating - ugh! I'm not surprised as I always get my period back soon after birth despite exclusively breastfeeding and Eliza often sleeps through the night so I've been expecting it. Last night she slept around 9.5 hours without a feed - and even then I had to wake her to make sure we had time before school!

Mochagirl
July 9th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Sorry you're feeling overwhelmed, Z :HH:

lobella2
July 9th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Our doctors recommend starting solids between 4 and 6 months. With my other two I started rice cereal at 4 months and baby food at 6 months.

Z it sounds like you are really busy. My kids are on summer break right now so I don't have to worry about getting them up and ready for school yet. I go back to work in 3 weeks. I am a teacher. My kids school doesn't start until the week after. How nice that Eliza sleeps through the night. Lily is waking up 1-2 times a night so she is getting close. She is now able to fall asleep for naps on her own and she is extending her feeds to close to every 3 hours during the day so things are getting a little easier.

Mocha you are getting close to the end! I just noticed you are 30 weeks now. It won't be long now.

Pricess I would love to see new photos too:)

Mochagirl
July 9th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Yes, it feels good to be 30 weeks now. The end doesn't seem so far away.

Z - here I was being thankful that my boys will be back in school when little Sadie is born, but I hadn't thought about how difficult the school drop-offs and pickups are going to be in those early months. I'll also have a bored ds3 at home since his two playmates will be off at school. Oh my - I guess he'll be watching more tv than usual too!

Mochagirl
July 9th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Oh, and we waited until 6 months to introduce solids to all our kids.

zanacal
July 9th, 2012, 04:38 PM
I really can't wait for the summer holidays - 2 weeks to go! No doubt we'll get a bit fed up (especially as the weather is SO awful that we can't even play in the garden most days at the moment!) but at least we can wake up and get dressed at our own pace!!

I've had to put some clothes away for Eliza today because they're too small for her and she's sleeping here in her carrycot looking like she won't fit it for much longer - the last month of my pregnancy certainly didn't pass by this quickly!

I'm so happy to see you on the final countdown Mocha :D

Glittergirl
July 9th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Glad I found you girls--thanks for the heads up sarah! EvaLili is 4 months old now and she's a good sleeper. She gets up 1 to 2 times to feed but since we cosleep I hardly notice. it helps that the kids are on summer break cause she and I sleep in til 10 most mornings! My kids start school in late July cause we have a modified school year so I am NOT looking forward to the morning rush!!! Poor Eva--not sure how she will handle the hectic schedule! I plan on introducing cereal in the next week or so. We will be out of town so when I get back I will. I waited 6 months with ds1 and he ended up being picky and having texture issues up until he was like 6!!! I let my others taste foods around 4 months and i think it really helped their pallets and they were less picky. Dh is a pediatrician and he recommends anywhere from 4-6 months to introduce cereal and veggies. but i BF for about 18 months.

zanacal
July 9th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Hi GG - wow, 4 months already. Just crazy!

While we're on the subject and in case anybody's interested, here's a site on BLW (Babyled Weaning). I really can't recommend it enough as an alternative to the traditional route.

Baby Led Weaning - The Mush Stops Here! (http://www.babyledweaning.com/)

Mochagirl
July 9th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Z - we did a bit of baby led weaning with DS3, and I loved it! I think we'll try it again this time too.

alreadyneedivf
July 10th, 2012, 09:27 AM
hi ladies!! Thanks so much everyone for sharing when you started solids. Sounds like universally it is anywhere between 4-6 months. I am not breastfeeding (tried and didn't work) so may be a little easier to do it early.

Z--sorry you are so overwhelmed--but I am sure it will ease up soon--How old is Eliza? I feel like two to three months after giving birth, me and all my new mom friends got super overwhelmed and then it just went away. We all chalked it up to hormones. That's fabulous she's sleeping through the night already! Once Brody started sleeping through the night, made my days easier.

lobella--not sure if I already said this (I'll blame that on new mommy brain) but we always say we are going to name our daughter lily--in fact my husband refers to our future daughter as lilypad--lol. Love the name!

mocha--yaya for only 10 more weeks. I think it will be easier if the boys are back in school. My friend just found out she's having identical twins (I see you have them from your siggy)--it's so wonderful:)

glitter--so interesting about the palettes. I am the pickiest eater in the world--I hope that's not genetic--lol. Since I'm not bfing, I think we will try at around 5 months.

hope you guys all have wonderful days!

princesssarah34
July 10th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Hi Ladies.........with DS1 I started cereal at 4 months...and he couldn't get enough...he loved it! But both DS2 & DS3 hated baby cereal & baby food!! And they both had a texture issue and still do! DS2 tho was the one who at 6 months would be in hog heaven sucking on a Dill pickle!! Go figure! :suprise:DS3 tho wouldn't touch or eat anything baby food wise...he didn't have solids until he was about 9 months old.....but by his choice and only if he could do feed him self! He is still stubborn!:bigsmile:
Well Benjamin is 9 weeks old already! Yesterday was his check up he is 10lbs 5oz 23inches. The Pediatrician we saw yesterday said he is under weight (he only eats 2oz at a time if he eats 4 he pukes it all back up...so we feed him 2 then about 15 20minutes later 2 more and he keeps it down) and if he is still under weight and not eating the full 4oz at a time by the next visit she will put him on meds. I said nothing to her at the time because she is not his doctor his was just out of town...but this weight issue is not even a issue if she knew DS2 has always been under weight and didn't even get into the 50% until last year (which she didn't)..and she also was very nasty about a different subject...so I just ignored her and when I made my next appt. they ask if i was seeing her again and I very bluntly said NO...we see Dr. Conte! He is DS2 & 3 Pedi. and i am very happy with him because he was not rude about a personal choice when it came to my children! And Dr. Conte knows I have other kids and knows that DS2 was always on the small side! All the way home I was thinking...omg did she really think that this is my first rodeo....she ask me like 5 times if I had any questions about my baby.....and then she would throw in the question stuff like...well do you have any questions about his skin etc.....and I very politely said nope every time...I really think she thought I was stupid and I did know what I was doing! Sorry for the little rant but I can not tolerate Doctors that a rude and pushy about things to me those are the ones that think homeopathic is a bunch of garbage....and I have experianced 1st hand how it is not garbage!! In fact if I can I will do it over the garbage they try to shove at you!! Again sorry!! :oops:
Anyway my short little note an picture seems to have gotten carried away! :bigsmile:

lobella2
July 10th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Princess he is just darling:) I can't believe what a jerk the dr was. I hate when doctors act like the parents don't know anything. I went through this a lot with my DS. He has an intestinal disease so we have been to many doctors and I always appreciated the ones that treated me with respect and acknowledged that I know my child best. I didn't go back to the ones that were rude.

Glittergirl
July 10th, 2012, 08:24 PM
What a cutie! I love that big smile! Eva Lili went in for her shots and check up and she was 25% in everything! I've always had skinny little kids (although she has the fattest thighs, arms and cheeks) and in fact Im afraid ds3 may be in 3rd percent...he goes in a few weeks for his physical. I'm not too worried though--as long as theyre eating well and their development is on target and are healthy. I may get ds3 checked for food allergies if he is low on the growth chart--we'll see. We'll be out of town the next several days but hope to chat again soon! I hope you all have a great week!!!

Mochagirl
July 10th, 2012, 10:18 PM
He's adorable, princess!

GG - my twins are in the 25th percentile - they can still fit into size 4 clothes, and they're 6! DS3, on the other hand, is in the 90th percentile for weight. I think he's going to outgrow his big brothers before too long!

alreadyneedivf
July 10th, 2012, 10:49 PM
princess--he is sooo cute!! I hope you never have to go to that doctor again!!!

I was always off the charts for weight since I was so small (wish I still was--lol) and they always said that was fine.

My son on the other hand is 97% for weight--oh boy!

lobella2
July 13th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Since all of you have older children I have a big kid question. I now have 3 kids in diapers:( Of course my older two just wear them at night, but its still a pain to have to buy so many diapers. Does anyone have any advise on how to night potty train. My son is almost 8 but he has an intestinal disease so I am not doing anything about his nightime potty issues yet, but my daughter is almost 5 and she still wears a diaper at night. She almost never wakes up dry. I have tried to put her in panties at night for a few nights, but she just wets them. She really wants to were panties and be done with diapers. We don't let her drink before bed either. Any suggestions? Or is she just not ready yet?

Mochagirl
July 13th, 2012, 11:58 AM
She might just not be ready. My nephew had to wear a Goodnites to bed until he was 10, and my niece (his sister) is still wearing them at 8.5. Their father wet the bed until he was 12, and apparently these things are often hereditary. Some kids' bladders just aren't big enough to last all night.

Having said that, there are some tips you can try. I have twin 6 year olds - a year ago they were still wearing diapers to bed, but I started putting them to bed in underpants and bringing them to the bathroom to pee when I went to bed - 11ish. Yes, we still had some accidents, but it made it so the accidents weren't every night, just a few nights a week. After doing this for several months, I tried going without bathroom trips - one son now has no more accidents, but after the other son wet his bed every day for a week, we went back to the late night bathroom trips. I still bring him every night - and as long as I do, he doesn't wet the bed. You could try something like that with your dd. You have to make sure you're prepared to change lots of wet sheets in the early days. I was doing at least one extra load of laundry a day when we started - especially in the winter, when we had thick comforters on their beds. Sometimes I layered a fitted sheet with a waterproof sheet then another fitted sheet on top so I could just strip the top two layers if they peed in the night. They also now sell disposable waterproof pads you could try.

Regrow
July 15th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Hi ladies just reading your posts about night time potty training. I use Brolly Sheets on my boys beds, they are a 100% cotton top mattress protector, waterproof so if they wet through you only have to take the Brolly sheet off and the rest of the bed stays dry. My DS1 who is 5 was potty trained at night by age 3.5, but my DS2 is 3 in October and not even potty trained in the day. He is very very stubborn, and will just wet through all the time! The website is Waterproof bedding, Mattress Protectors & Sheets l Brolly Sheets Bedwetting Solutions (http://www.brollysheets.com).

My daughter is 4.5 months and started sleeping through the night a few weeks ago. I had to stopped breastfeeding at 3 months as she was not gaining weight and had started to dropped off the weight scale. We also had an early evening to nearly midnight crying time every night as she was so hungry. She only weighed 2.35 kg when we left hospital and is now 5 kg. I think I will start her on solids at 6 months like my boys, she is drinking 150mls five times a day, have tried giving her more but she brings it back up. I am wondering if she is teething as her poos are so runny and smell very acidic, my boys did not start teething until nearly one. It is not the formula as her poos before we're smoother and a green color, is 4 months early to be teething?

Have enjoyed reading your posts in this section, great ideas and advice :)

Glittergirl
July 16th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Regrow--my ds3 was teething early and I think he got his first tooth 4 or 5 months so that may be the case.
Lobella--they may just not be ready. I know it's frustrating for them but I know a few kids that took longer to stay dry at night and my friend's son still wears pull ups at night and he's 12! My DH is a pediatrician and he says it's normal but there are underwear alarms on the market that go off at the first hint of wetness then wake the child up. My friend hasn't tried that yet but apparently it is genetic cause her husband and his brothers all wet the bed into their teens!!!

alreadyneedivf
July 16th, 2012, 09:13 PM
regrow...they def can be teething at 4 months:)

lobella2
July 19th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the advice and info ladies. We have been out of town for a week so I did not even try to do anything with my dd at night. We shall start tonight. I figured I would give it a week of us taking her potty at night and see if we see any change and if not stop and wait until she is a little older. I do hope she is out of diapers before she is 12;) but it is good to know that some kids do take a long time.

Inglewood
July 23rd, 2012, 06:57 PM
HELLO!!! so nice to see many of you here, didn't feel I fit into the old chatting pages anymore as I was no longer pg!! so lovely to catch up here!

My girls are 15wks old tomorrow and were weighed today DD1- now 12lbs 7oz and DD2- 13lbs!! They are around 25th centile, my boys on the other hand were 90th+ lol DD1 has been choking and worrying me alot, she could hardly catch a breath and even my mum panicked with me! It was the 2nd time, 1st was 2 days ago. I had to pat her back hard and my mum blew on her face, was so so scary. Think she has a bit of a cold starting (from ds2) and excess salvia from teething as she is a huge drooler, if she does it again I'm straight to doc. They have had colic, still have reflux and I've been kept busy, so not on here much. They don't sleep all night and waken sround 3am for a feed then 7am, but I'm bottle feeding them and up around 2hrs each feed.

I've had my good and bad days but still so much in love with them and hate how time is passing so quickly. I too have gained a ton, which is sad as when I was pg I gained 25lbs extra body weight (not including babies/placenta) and since having the twins I've gained another 14lbs due to sitting around feeding so much (apprx 6hrs a day feeding in total) and not eating properly, just quick and easy, often junk food! So annoyed with myself after initially only having 25lbs to loose and now I'm super depressed about my weight, stressed and have started dieting twice and failed after a week due to no motivation. I need a good kick up the bum!!! Would like to exercise now my section scar is healed, but I have a sore back and like Zanacal have dizzy spells alot, which doc says is labrinthitis.

Listen to me moaning....... I actually am so so happy inside. When I look at my girls it is all worth while and the weight will go, things will get easier, but for now I just take one day at a time and hope my poor boys aren't thinking "mum has gone mad"......lol Know Dh prob does and the Health visitor who came today!! lol

Sorry for the rant, but don't really have anyone other than my mum to blurt all that out to and it does take a weight off just typing all this.... promise my next message will be less 'me me me' this one wasn't supposed to be, got carried away!

Mochagirl
July 23rd, 2012, 07:57 PM
Inglewood - no apologies necessary. Twins are HARD - I can attest to that, and what is this forum for if not a place for us to talk freely about what we're going through? I found things got way easier with my twins around 6 months. I was able to get them on a great napping/eating schedule, and feelings (I nursed, mind you) went much more quickly. I hope your girls give you a break soon!

alreadyneedivf
July 24th, 2012, 01:51 PM
yeah inglewood--no worries at all about venting here! Hope you get a break soon! My sis has 3 month old twins--it's a lot of work. Having one is enough work. That being said, I'm still dying for twins next go around--especially twin girls since we are doing IVF/PGD:) Anyway, feel free to vent anytime!

As for me--i'm back at work--working three days a week. Not bad but it's been so hard for me to actually work--my mind is in la la land--I'm scared it'll never come back. Haha rather than working I'm posting this. It is so nice to go home to my son though and makes me appreciate my days off even more!

hope everyone is doing well!! xoxo

zanacal
July 25th, 2012, 02:00 PM
I'm glad work is going ok. I admire you ladies who have to/choose to go back to work after a couple of months. I'm grateful that I'll get at least 9 months off, hopefully a year - but on the other hand after so long at home it's really difficult to wrench yourself away again!

I'm so glad I'm at home with the boys for the long summer holidays this year - even though I may be completely grey by the time they go back to school in September!!

alreadyneedivf
July 25th, 2012, 03:52 PM
I'm glad work is going ok. I admire you ladies who have to/choose to go back to work after a couple of months. I'm grateful that I'll get at least 9 months off, hopefully a year - but on the other hand after so long at home it's really difficult to wrench yourself away again!

I'm so glad I'm at home with the boys for the long summer holidays this year - even though I may be completely grey by the time they go back to school in September!!

wow z--you get 9 months?????? 4.5 months is pretty long for where I live. Do you get that much time each time you have a child?

Mochagirl
July 25th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Here in Canada, everyone gets a full year maternity leave. Too bad I'm a SAHM now so I don't benefit from it anymore...

Inglewood
July 25th, 2012, 07:01 PM
alreadyneedivf, here in the UK, with zanacal we are all now entiltled to 1 year maternity leave but it's up to each individual how much you can afford to take. It used to be less, with ds1 I was back after 4mths. I personally get 2 months full pay, 4 mths half pay plus the government give us a payment until 9mths. Then from 9mths most of us get no pay from work and the government top up ends. I can really only afford to take the 6mths off, but having the twins has been so tough I have been saving to take a little more time off and go back when they are 9mths old. Dreading it already, at least I will be at home at xmas, back to work in January.

Wish I was a SAHM so much, just can't afford it. Thankfully I only work 2 nights per week as a nurse, so as far as the kids have ever known I am a SAHM to them, just a very tired one!! lol

Thanks for all your support in my rambling..... x

alreadyneedivf
July 25th, 2012, 10:14 PM
ha looks like I'm in the wrong country for maternity leave--lol--my 4.5 months paid was one of the most generous deals of my friends. I could have taken an additional 1.5 months off, but nobody has ever done that at my firm sooo I didn't want to start (especially since I asked for three days a week).

I--are you feeling better about things? I hope so!! that's fabulous that you can be at home most of the day with your children:)

Mocha--aw it came up on the side when I signed on in another post that you lost your father--I'm so sorry to hear this:( It is never easy. Thinking of you and your family.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Going to a mom's night out event tomorrow--should be interesting.

Mochagirl
July 25th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Wish I was a SAHM so much, just can't afford it. Thankfully I only work 2 nights per week as a nurse, so as far as the kids have ever known I am a SAHM to them, just a very tired one!! lol

I'm the opposite - I can't afford to work! My former career was as a museologist. Fun, rewarding work, but there's absolutely no money in it. The decision to become a SAHM was easy when I had my twins and realised that daycare for the two of them would take my entire take-home salary! I plan to go back to work part time (though in a different career since I now live in a different city) once all 4 kids are in school full-time. That will be in 4 years, when this little girl starts Junior Kindergarten.

And just to clarify - our year maternity leave here in Canada is paid. The government gives us 55% of our salary, and many companies will top you up so you're getting close to your normal salary (though I wasn't this lucky). Moms can also split their leave with the father - I've known many families where each of them took 6 months off instead of the Mom taking the full year. Even though we have such amazing benefits here, there's a strong movement to get our mat leave extended to TWO years!

Mochagirl
July 25th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Mocha--aw it came up on the side when I signed on in another post that you lost your father--I'm so sorry to hear this:( It is never easy. Thinking of you and your family.

Thanks. He's been sick a long time - he's been bedridden in the hospital since November - so his passing was no surprise. It doesn't make it any less sad, though.

zanacal
July 26th, 2012, 05:22 AM
More hugs Mocha xxx

lobella2
July 26th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Mocha so sorry about your father:(

I go back to work on Monday:( I only had 3 1/2 months off this time. I am a teacher and we are starting the new year this week so it is hard to take more time off. I would love to stay home but we can't afford it. My husband is also self employed so we have healthcare through me. I am a little worried about how Lily will be Monday. She is so attached to me and cries when most people hold her. And now she is refusing a bottle after taking a little each morning for 3 weeks straight. I skipped one morning and now she won't take it. So I am worried that not only will she be crying all day because I am not there, but she won't be eating.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
July 26th, 2012, 09:12 PM
My heart goes out to you Lobella. I think working moms are the most amazing individuals. It's tough and you are so strong. I stay home with my children and my husband works two jobs. It's hard no matter what road you go down. Is the person watching your child a relative, or someone you hired? I'm sure everything will go smoothly. I will be thinking of you. I was a nanny for years and I never knew how hard it was to leave your child and go to work until I had my own.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
July 26th, 2012, 09:15 PM
And btw I think teachers are angels on earth. My son is in 1st grade and I have so much respect and love for men and women who choose to educate. Such a priceless gift. Thank you.

lobella2
July 27th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Awww thanks ThreeMenAndALAdy. I taught first grade for 6 years and loved it. I now teach 2nd. I found an in home daycare. She will just have 5 kids and the other kids are all older. My mom will be here for the first few days so at least she can pick Lily up early for her first few days at daycare. I have had to go back to work after each child. I think this time is the hardest because the daycare provider that I had with the other two and loved has retired:( I really like the new one I found, but I don't know her as well. I am sure everthing will be fine, but it will be a long and difficult first week for all of us.

auroara78
July 30th, 2012, 02:57 PM
I hope today went well, Lobella, hope you have the energy to update us on how Lily did, and you did :hugs:

Even though my DH is a stay at home Dad I know I will be sad when I return to my job after having Lillian...moms just want to be there :)

lobella2
July 31st, 2012, 12:03 AM
Thanks for thinking of me today aurora:) Lily did better than expected. I did also. My daycare provider texted and took pics of her throughout the day and it made it easier knowing she was happy. She only ate about 3 ounces all day, but she still wakes up at night and she nursed 3 times before bed so I am not at all worried. She will get the hang of it. The daycare provider said she was very content, until she would offer her a bottle:) She didn't really cry at all. It makes it a whole lot easier to go back to work. I still wish I could be home with her, but at least I know she is okay.

alreadyneedivf
July 31st, 2012, 12:30 PM
yay lobella--glad it went well:) now that this is my 3rd week back--it feels as though I never left:)

auroara78
August 1st, 2012, 10:30 AM
glad to hear it, lobella!

Inglewood
August 1st, 2012, 05:43 PM
Lobella, glad it went well. Was thinking of you too. It's hard going back. I went back after ds1 at 3 and a half mths, he was my first baby and thankfully that's when my nightduty started but I only got 2-3hrs sleep in between my shifts. But I've aged years after 9yrs of nightduty!! When I moved back home I had a childminder for ds1 who was amazing, when she retired (when ds1 went to nursery school, aged 3) so I decided when ds2 was born to drop my hours from 3 nights per week to 2 nights and save on childminder fees.

Mocha, so sad about your dad, you have been on my mind recently and hoping you and your family are ok? I remember long before the twins came you said he was ill and I'm so sorry to hear that he passed away.

Auroara, how are you keeping? u can now say she'll be here next month!

I started weight watchers last week and lost 4lbs today!! Lots to go to squeeze back into my nurses uniform by the end of the year!!! The girls are 4mths old on friday, can't believe it!! they are still restless and I think it seems worse than it maybe is sometimes as there are two of them. REALLY need a better routine, but so hard with boys off school. Wish they would feed 4hrly instead of 3hrly and sleep at night without crying every hour, it's only for a minute or so, but that's me up again and again till they waken to be fed anytime from 3-6am, so variable...any suggestions???

Have workmates coming for a coffee tom at 11am, so need to tidy up tonight, iron everyones clothes etc... and it's almost 11pm...oops! sat here and on fb too long!!

Mochagirl
August 1st, 2012, 06:16 PM
Thanks, Inglewood. It was a long battle for my Dad. He only retired a year ago (he was 70 when he died), but his dementia and physical deterioration has been evident for years. In November he had a heart episode - one of many he had last year - that landed him in the emergency room. While he was there they discovered abdominal pain he'd been hiding which turned out to be a perforated bowel - and a cancerous growth. He never recovered from that surgery - he wasn't particularly mobile before, but he was still walking, making his own meals when my Mom wasn't home, climbing stairs, etc. But he just never got out of bed after surgery. The dementia accelerated rapidly, his body grew weaker, and when they discovered the cancer had spread they decided he was too frail for chemo or other treatment. The cancer eventually spread to his lungs and he died when the chest tube they'd put in stopped draining the fluid in his lungs.

The family's all doing as well as we can be. One of my brothers and I are having a tough time because we both had planned to see him the weekend before he died but ended up delaying our trips. We also weren't there with him when he died, though my oldest two brothers and Mom were.

I'm hoping to feel some closure after the funeral on Tuesday.

lobella2
August 1st, 2012, 08:12 PM
That's great about the weight loss Inglewood:) I have heard from many friends how great weight watchers is. I can't believe your girls are already almost 4 months. That means Lily's 4 months is just around the corner. It's so sad how fast they grow.

Well today was day 3 back at work. Lily is still doing well and happy, but she hates to take the bottle. It is breastmilk. I am pumping. She only took 2 ounces Monday, 4 on Tuesday, and only 2 again today. She is happy until they try to give her the bottle. She is still nursing 2 times at night and about 3 times before she goes to bed. I hope she is getting enough.

dannikins
August 1st, 2012, 08:17 PM
hey just found this thread...:)
things are good here.
Sasha is 8 weeks already, where the hell did that time go?

Inglewood
August 2nd, 2012, 06:57 AM
Mocha, your dad must of been a brave man to go through all of that illness over the time he did and still fight it as long as he did. He went through alot and no doubt you and your family did too. Don't beat yourself up about not seeing him when you were supposed to. These things happen and we can't see into the future to know that he would pass away when he did. I'm sure your dad knew that you loved him very much and enjoyed all your visits. I have no personal experience of your loss, but I've worked in Palliative care now for 9yrs and to be honest many people aren't there when a loved one passes. Some can't as they live miles away, or the other side of the world and other's want to remember that person as they were. Maybe it would of been tough for you and your brother to be there at the end? With you being pg esp, maybe your dad didn't want you to have that distress. He knew you loved him and you can say goodbye on tuesday knowing he's no longer in pain or suffering and is at peace. You are in my thoughts, your fb post was an amazing article :) take care and I hope tuesday goes well.

Inglewood
August 2nd, 2012, 07:02 AM
Dannikins, what a cutie!! xx I know what u mean about time! The girls are 4mths tom.

Lobella, sure she's getting enough, do you get her weighed regularly, I get the girls weighed 4wkly. Glad she's settling in well. How is it back at work?

Mochagirl
August 2nd, 2012, 07:49 AM
Thanks again, Inglewood. None of us kids live in our hometown anymore, so we're lucky any of us could be there at the end. When his final health crisis happened it was already suppertime, and since I live 5 hours away, it really wasn't feasible for me to get there. He died at 7:30 the next morning, just as I was packing up to catch the train to travel there.

Mochagirl
August 2nd, 2012, 07:51 AM
I can't believe how quickly all your babies are growing up! I keep getting impatient for my little girl to arrive then remind myself that this is the last time I'll ever be pregnant and I try to relax and savour it.

auroara78
August 2nd, 2012, 09:09 AM
I am getting impatient and tired of being pregnant, Inglewood, hehe. I have to keep reminding myself this *may* be my last preg, and I want to enjoy it, but it's so tough chasing around a crazy 15 month old all evening long, and my DH (who is a stay at home dad) has this thing that when I come home from work, it's my "shift" so he's actually really unhelpful, except for making dinner, which that is nice. I guess it depends...he can be better, but this week he's got a sinus infection so he's def. been no help at all! I'm more frazzled than usual!

I just am so excited to meet her and see who she looks like, what she acts like. She moves all the time, but it's not painful, the boys were very boisterous in there, and maybe it's sexist to say, but her movements have been more gentle, but still def. there...she likes to put her foot under my ribs, and that drives me crazy, but I'd rather have that than what DS2 did--he always kicked my bladder and made some pee drip out! that was so embarrassing.

lobella2
August 2nd, 2012, 10:23 AM
Inglewood I go every two months now to the doctor and they weigh her. She is due to go in a few weeks. I have tried to weigh her at home and its pretty accurate, but I haven't done it this week because I have been too busy to even think about it. Work is going well. Since I am a teacher I am so busy that my days go by pretty fast. I miss her a lot but it helps to be busy. I am having a hard time keeping up with the work load though because I am pumping at lunch and I have to leave right away after school to feed her. I try to get there early to get my work done before the kids come. I am adjusting though. My own kids go back next week so then things will really get busy:)

Mocha and aurora you are both getting so close. I can't wait to see your little girls! I tried to enjoy my last pregnancy too knowing it would be my last. It was so hard because I just wanted her to be born.

Mochagirl
August 2nd, 2012, 12:32 PM
I just am so excited to meet her and see who she looks like, what she acts like. She moves all the time, but it's not painful, the boys were very boisterous in there, and maybe it's sexist to say, but her movements have been more gentle, but still def. there...she likes to put her foot under my ribs, and that drives me crazy, but I'd rather have that than what DS2 did--he always kicked my bladder and made some pee drip out! that was so embarrassing.

It's the opposite with me - this little girl kicks HARD and sometimes it really hurts. None of my boys were like that. And yes, I get the lovely bladder kicks all the time :oops:

Inglewood
August 2nd, 2012, 05:38 PM
I know, you are both getting so close.....exciting 'next' month for u both!
Mocha, I think ur pg has flown by, or is it just me??

Lobella, I don't envy teachers at all, my cousin is a head teacher and our kids go back on 20th aug, she goes back on mon. Must feel like you have stuff to do all the time? In nursing I can't always 'switch off', esp after a tough shift, but I usually do manage to, hope you get plenty time to forget all about work when ur not there and your not busy preparing for classes! What age do u teach?

Auroara, the twins moved and kicked alot, esp dd1. Can't compare the twin pg with the boys to see who was more active as with the twins there was always someone moving!! lol Hope ur DH realises your tired and becoming more heavily pg. Did u tell him what u think? My Dh is great, but does need a bit of a 'jump start' some nights to help...lol

Mochagirl
August 2nd, 2012, 06:09 PM
I know, you are both getting so close.....exciting 'next' month for u both!
Mocha, I think ur pg has flown by, or is it just me??

No - it feels like I've been pregnant FOREVER! Since I got that first BFP in September, then got pregnant again so quickly after my m/c, when the baby's finally born I will feel like I've been pregnant a whole year!

lobella2
August 2nd, 2012, 08:03 PM
Inglewood I teach 2nd grade so they are between 6-8. I can usually forget a lot about work once I get home, but I run around like mad at work trying to get everything done before I leave:) I usually don't take work home with me, but since I am breastfeeding I have to rush home to feed her so I may start bringing a little home:( I can't imagine your job either. It must be so stressful. My best friend is a neonatologist. She loves it, but has a hard time with the emotional side of it since having a baby.

Inglewood
August 3rd, 2012, 05:17 PM
No - it feels like I've been pregnant FOREVER! Since I got that first BFP in September, then got pregnant again so quickly after my m/c, when the baby's finally born I will feel like I've been pregnant a whole year!

Suppose it always seems to go fast for people watching us pg! Thankfully were not all pg as long as elephants!! lol But alll worth the wait.. x

Inglewood
August 3rd, 2012, 05:20 PM
Inglewood I teach 2nd grade so they are between 6-8. I can usually forget a lot about work once I get home, but I run around like mad at work trying to get everything done before I leave:) I usually don't take work home with me, but since I am breastfeeding I have to rush home to feed her so I may start bringing a little home:( I can't imagine your job either. It must be so stressful. My best friend is a neonatologist. She loves it, but has a hard time with the emotional side of it since having a baby.

That will be me soon, trying to feed, bath and bed the twins before leaving for my nightshift at 7pm-ish. Or I might have to leave Dh 4 kids to settle and run out the door till I get home at 0830am! I did plan to be a neonatal nurse/midwife, but was too young when I finished high school at 17 (u had had to be 18 to get into midwifery back then), so did my Adult nursing degree and planned to eventually be a midwife, but I became a mum earlier than I expected!! At least most of my patients are older, poorly babies would be mega tough to deal with. x

princesssarah34
August 7th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Wow I have missed a bunch! Sorry for being MIA for a while. I have been checking in as much as I remembered!:think: Things here are just as crazy as ever! Little Benjamin is 3months old now...and I really want him to stop growing up!! :sad: He is my last one and I want to keep him little forever!!
Other than that I have 2 weeks left before Ds1 starts High School and Ds2 starts Kindergarten....I AM NOT READY FOR THIS! I was thinking to myself the other day I better not imbarrass myself and cry the day Ds1 goes to high school! I already know I am doomed to at ds2 kindergarten day....and since they both fall on the same day....someone should just put me down! :bigsmile: My boys are growing up...I am not ready for all this. I will have ds3 and ds5 at home with me but still half my boys are just getting to big!

auroara78
August 9th, 2012, 10:41 AM
ah princesssarah, your DS1 is so big!! I understand that feeling....I cannot believe DS2 (who is only 15 months) is trying so hard to talk! What happened to my cuddly little baby who just stared at me with big blue eyes?

Inglewood
August 10th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Princess, Hope the boys get on well with their new schools? are they excited?? My eldest has only 2years left at primary school (he is 10 in Nov) and then goes to high school, that will be a weird day! Ds2 is still kinna little and is only 5, so is going into primary 2, so still has 6 yrs including this one before he goes to high school. That will be an even weirder day, as that would mean ds1 was almost 16! The girls are 4mths and time is passing so quickly :( I can't believe almost 10yrs ago, I had my lovely baby boy, my first-born.

princesssarah34
August 14th, 2012, 12:12 PM
It is just plain crazy how fast our kids grow! I am just so sad about my kids growing up it is awful! I keep thinking what is wrong with me? Oh well....maybe I am still coming down off of those crazy pregnancy hormones!!

alreadyneedivf
August 14th, 2012, 12:20 PM
It is just plain crazy how fast our kids grow! I am just so sad about my kids growing up it is awful! I keep thinking what is wrong with me? Oh well....maybe I am still coming down off of those crazy pregnancy hormones!!

ha princess--I feel the same way and i only have ONE kid. I am crazy but whenever a friend has a newborn, I miss that stage even though I am LOVING the stage he is in now. I don't even think I can blame it on hormones because he's 5.5 months old. LOL.

So we are starting solids this week---semi nervous! Here's to hoping it goes well!

Hope everyone else is doing well:)

zanacal
August 14th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Good luck alreadyneedivf! I must admit, I like how simple it is when they only need milk and am not looking forward to that - although perhaps Eliza can convince my boys to eat more vegetables!!

Tomorrow I go to the doctor for me and Eliza. I'm concerned about the shape of her skull. It kind of dents where the soft spot on the back of her head is and then there's a bulge underneath it and she also has a ridge sticking up from ear to ear. There's a condition babies can get where the bones fuse too early so I want to get her checked out but I really hope it's just a variation of normal!

I'm also going to speak to the doctor about my anxiety. I'm still feeling unbalanced/dizzy most days but I'm also still getting the odd rush of adrenalin to my head which I believe is anxiety related as it started in pregnancy after my DVT scare. I notice every single feeling in my body and get very irrational and convinced that they're symptoms of some terrible disease which will kill me and leave my children motherless. I know it sounds silly and I can talk myself down from it but that doesn't stop my sub concious having those thoughts and the anxiety is still there. I'm never sure whether the physical symptoms I get are caused by anxiety or something else - and then I worry that if I dismiss them as anxiety related I may miss a warning sign that I should have gone to the doctor for. So I suspect I'll be getting a referral to the men in white coats *sigh*. It's a big deal for me to admit this kind of thing to my doctor because I'm a 'coper' iykwim.

Wish us both luck!

Mochagirl
August 14th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Oh, Z - I didn't realise you were having such a rough time! I hope your anxiety goes away soon or the doctors can suggest something to help you. I'm sure Eliza's head is fine, though you're wise to get it checked out just in case :HH:.

alreadyneedivf
August 14th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Z--how many months is Eliza? About two or three months after having my son, I had SEVERE anxiety. So did most of my new mom friends. It was so bad, my best friend gave me Xanax to try. It worked like a charm, and then I got more from a doctor. I am glad you are going to a doctor, but def don't be scared to go to a therapist if they suggest one. I am all for seeing therapists and getting whatever help you can. good luck with that and her head--I am sure all is fine:)

zanacal
August 14th, 2012, 06:40 PM
She's 2 months old but this started during pregnancy. I've always been a worrier but the more children I've had the worse I've got and the DVT scare sent me overboard I think! Google has a lot to answer for because I can't help but look up every ache or pain I have and that usually gives me something to worry about that I wasn't worrying about before! Thanks for the well wishes.

Thanks too Mocha. Overall I'm ok and day to day I'm pretty happy. The boys send me batty some days but that's the nature of the job and I'm really, really enjoying Eliza who is a complete dream baby! I don't believe I'm depressed but the anxiety is often just under the surface.

Yikes, it's 20 to 12. Why am I still up?! I was hoping to catch a glimpse of Atomic's baby on FB. Her mum just posted a photo of her DH but no baby!!

lobella2
August 14th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Z good luck at your appointment. I will be thinking about you tomorrow. I hope everything goes well. Keep us posted.

We just got back from a dr appt for my son. He has an intestinal disease and he is very small for his age. His gastrointerologist was worried last visit about his growth. We have been stuffing him with food lately and he has gained 3 pounds. She was very happy. Now we don't have to worry about a feeding tube or growth hormone shots for right now. I just hope he continues to gain weight. It is tough because he doesn't like to eat, he is allergic to milk and eggs, he is a slow eater, and he is very picky. I get so tired of constantly telling him to eat. At least neither of my daughters have this condition. It is a struggle enough with one.

alreadyneedivf
August 15th, 2012, 11:38 AM
aw lobella--sorry to hear about your son but happy to hear he grew!

Inglewood
August 16th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Hi all, Lobella, glad his appt went well?

Z, you sound like me so so so much right now!! DH keeps telling me to go to dr, but I'm scared to go then she'll remember me as the crazy woman with 4 kids!! Due back at work end next mth and no way can I go, so anxious and stressed and the thought of taking time off with SMP freaks me out, but not as much as my job right now! Still dizzy and act like a crazy person, snapping at my mum and dh sometimes when I shouldn't. Hasn't helped the twins being so restless, but they have slept all night the past few nights, so maybe more sleep will help??? Don't think I'm depressed, just super stressed!

princesssarah34
August 31st, 2012, 11:20 PM
I see that all the Mommies have been MIA! I don't feel so bad anymore!:bigsmile:
Well things in my house have been crazy times 10!! Aug. 22nd both DS1 and DS2 started school. DS1 High school freshman :nails: and DS2 Kindergarten. DS1 hates me every morning (totally normal for him) because well he has to be at the bus stop at 7am. And DS2 loves loves loves school so much that he cried this last wed. because he was sick and couldn't go! :sad:
DS3 had a very rough day when DS2 went to his first day of kindergarten. He was very lost without his big brother. DS5 is doing very well except he wants to be held all the time or at least someone talking to him 99% of the time! And I can't believe he will be 4 months in just a week or so...he needs to stop right where he is and never grow up!
And then I have been dealing with a child who is 14 DS1 and refusing to speak or see his real father who after 12yrs wants to be in his life (more than 1-2 times a year)all of a sudden! UGH....this is not turning out pretty at all so far....but oh well sometimes you have to fight for your kids voice to be heard! (especially when they have issues like ODD and Bipolar) SIGH
I will try to update my blog a lot more in the coming weeks....life just gets away from us all sometimes! Hope all you ladies are well and your little ones are too. :hugs:

alreadyneedivf
September 11th, 2012, 10:07 PM
just checking in to see how everyone is doing!

Princess--how are your children all doing? What happened with Ds1's father?

Inglewood--how are you doing with the twins? I hope you are feeling better with it all!!

Z--hope you are feeling better!!

What is everyone else up to? Hope everyone is well! We are getting ready for halloween here--well not really but I am planning it. We are hosting two parties so should be crazy. However, I LOVE LOVE LOVE halloween so I am very excited to finally have a kid that I can dress up:)

zanacal
September 12th, 2012, 04:48 AM
Hi! Sorry I've not been on for a while. I'm feeling much better. I went to the doctor and she felt that my anxiety would get better, that I was obviously quite grounded and that I was probably just reacting how Mother Nature intended for a pregnant lady/new mum and, sure enough, I feel much better already. I had some blood tests for my dizzyness but I realised a couple of days ago that that's much better too - and they never rang with the results of the blood tests anyhow. I should chase that up!

We're doing really well. The boys are back at school and we're getting in to a routine. I set the alarm at 6.30am an bring Eliza in to bed for a feed - neither of us wake up properly! I set a second alarm for 7am and get up but Eliza is often still sleeping, she really doesn't like early mornings bless her :D My DS2 made Eliza giggle yesterday for the first time, it was so sweet and I actually got it on film! She's turned really dribbly and sicks up a little throughout the day and she also sucks her fingers almost all the time. I wonder when she'll get her first tooth - DS1 was a year old but the others were around 5 or 6 months I think.

lobella2
September 12th, 2012, 10:19 AM
I haven't been on for awhile either. We have been really busy. We have all been back at school for about 6 weeks now. Soccer season has started. DS and DD1 are both playing so we have 2 practices a week and 2 games every Saturday. Lily is getting close to 5 months:( Just one more week away. She is doing well. Last week she decided she no longer wants anything to do with the pacifier so getting her to fall asleep for naps has been challenging. Of course nursing her works:), but I really don't want to have her stuck in that habit, especially since she is at daycare during the day. I am wondering if she will get a tooth soon. She has been sucking her hands for months and is ver drooly all the time. DS got his at 10 months and DD1 at 7 months, but we shall see.

For those of you moms that co-sleep for how long did you do this and how did you get them into their own room? With DS he was in a bassinett next to our bed for 3 months and then I moved him to his own room and bed. He cried a little each night for a couple of days and then was fine. With DD1 I slept in her room. We co-slept for a month and then I slept in a bed next to her crib until she was about 3 months. With Lily I am still co-sleeping with her. I have no desire yet to try to get her in her room, but I am worried that the longer I wait the harder it will be. She will be sharing a room with DD1.

alreadyneedivf
September 12th, 2012, 03:34 PM
z---yay glad you are doing better!!

l--aw cute lily is getting a tooth! B is not even close and he's already past 6 months! Sorry can't help you with co-sleeping as we had B in a crib from day 1.

dannikins
September 12th, 2012, 11:42 PM
sorry been kinda absent for a while, i have been checking in but havent really had time to post.
anyway things are good here.
sash is growing way too fast, wish she had a pause button so she could stay little a bit longer.
shes 3 months old now and shes already wearing 6 month clothes.
makes me sad having to pack away her tiny little things.
looking forward to summer so we can get all the little dresses out!!!
she is a wonderful baby, always happy and smiley, sleeps and eats well...no complaints at all, shes just perfect, and even though its been 3 months im still amazed that i have a baby girl...:)

here is a pic in one of her new dresses....
my little princess:pickuphappy:
http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr171/dannikins_photos/Facebook/Mobile%20Uploads/467173_3963212953508_652230887_o.jpg

zanacal
September 13th, 2012, 09:30 AM
So sweet! What are you doing with her old outfits? I think I'm going to get a keepsake teddy made from some of Eliza's for xmas but don't know about the others!

lobella2
September 13th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Dannikans she is darling!

Zanacal I love the idea of a keepsake teddy. Where do they do that? Is there someplace online? I have given some clothes away, but I still have plenty.

Regrow
September 14th, 2012, 02:48 AM
A keepsake teddy from their old outfits what a gorgeous idea, will have to look into this! Harper is 6 and a half months old now, we started solids a few weeks ago but she is not overly interested. I have to try and make her smile or laugh to get some food into her mouth. Other than that she sleeps 12 hours at night in her our room, I wake her at 7:45am and feed her before I do the school run. A very happy and contented baby, thank goodness as my DH works away 3 weeks at a time, and with 3 littlies it can be challenging at times.

zanacal
September 14th, 2012, 06:14 AM
I've found a few places online who make the bears but they're obviously in the UK so not much help I'm afraid!

Regrow - I hate waking Eliza for her first feed on school days! I do it really early before everybody else is up and I just feed her in my bed and usually she doesn't wake up properly and I have to wake her again when it's time to leave! So looking forward to the weekend :-)

pinkin2011
September 14th, 2012, 06:18 AM
Oh my god Dannikins Your baby girl is just Beautiful!!!!! so so sweet!

princesssarah34
September 15th, 2012, 12:40 AM
just checking in to see how everyone is doing!

Princess--how are your children all doing? What happened with Ds1's father?

Wow everyone sound like they are wonderful! Enjoying all the new babies!! I love checking in and here from you wonderful ladies.

Alreadyneedivf-Ds1 father and I separated when Ds1 was 2. And divorced when he was 4. He hasn't really been in Ds1 life like most dads. And Ds1 is going to be 14 in just a few days and he is starting to see his dad for what he really is. Dad is now pushing for more time with Ds1 and Ds1 he is not having it. Ds1 has a lot of emotional issues so it just makes things harder. But we will get it all figured out in a week or so....I hope.

Regrow
September 15th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Another great idea I have come across is a patchwork quilt from old baby outfits. Bigger than a teddy bear so could use more of their clothes, maybe for their first bed! Now to find someone who can make quilts as I am so untalented when it comes to craft work lol.....

zanacal
September 15th, 2012, 03:09 PM
That's a lovely idea too but Doulamama made me a gorgeous quilt for Eliza already!

Glittergirl
September 28th, 2012, 01:27 AM
Hi everyone--just quickly scrolled through to see how everyone is--I know I see a lot of you on FB anyway, but I miss this site and all the chats! EvaLili is now 6 months old and has 2 bottom teeth. She's been getting up a lot lately but since we cosleep I just roll over and nurse her and she goes back to sleep quickly...but some nights it gets bad! Anyway, just popped in, it's been so long I had forgotten my password :) Ok I'll me on more often now and I gotta go back and read up on how everyone is doing!!!

auroara78
September 29th, 2012, 11:41 AM
good to see ya on glittergal, and thanks for the update! check back in with us more often :)

Mochagirl
September 29th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Hey ladies - I guess I can officially join you now since Sadie has arrived. I'm loving this newborn phase - she sleeps all the time and is no trouble whatsoever. I don't want her to grow up too fast!!

auroara78
September 29th, 2012, 03:16 PM
amen to that, Mocha!

lobella2
September 30th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Aww Mocha enjoy it! Lily turned 5 months over a week ago. I already miss the newborn stage, but she is a lot of fun right now. It's just sad that she almost half way to one:( They grow up so fast.

GG I am also co-sleeping. Lily seems to be waking up a lot more often lately. I am not sure if she is going through a growth spurt or whether she knows I am there and is nursing more for comfort.

princesssarah34
October 2nd, 2012, 02:19 PM
YAY Mocha!!! She is beautiful!

Glad everyone is well!
Things here are just as crazy as usual!! But one stress is gone and done so yay for that!!
I have been on a blogging craze (I guess you could say) 1 yesterday and 1 today. Maybe this time I can at least blog once a week! Take a look Ladies.....of course only when you have time! :giggle:

Princess among Princes-1 (http://princessamongprinces-1.blogspot.com/)

auroara78
October 31st, 2012, 11:34 AM
How are our newborns and babies doing??

Lillian is now more awake, but being awake for too long makes her a bit cranky. She'll be awake but start kicking out her feet in a jittery sort of way. I just snuggle her up close to me and it calms her right down. I am really enjoying her now--the first two-three weeks were kind of rough because of how bad I felt and DS2 being naughty. But now everything's calmed down, and I am amazed that I have a daughter, and just in general, a new baby. New babies are awesome.

lobella2
November 1st, 2012, 10:08 AM
Lily is now 6 months old. She has 2 teeth coming up on the bottom. She is such a happy baby. She can sit and she loves to play with her toys. This is my absolute favorite age so I am enjoying her very much. She is already growing up too fast.

auroara78
November 2nd, 2012, 11:39 AM
Ahh that sounds so special! I love when they get a little bit more independent but are still little babies....that's my fave time too..I'm actaully not crazy about the early newborn phase because of hormones adjusting, sleeplessness (I am a sleep junkie), and just the adjustment period of getting used to a new little one. I like when they get between 4-8 mos, my fave age...they are smiley, sleeping thru nite (usually) and start showing interest in toys. It's so heartbreakingly cute.

Regrow
November 3rd, 2012, 07:47 AM
Harper is now 8 months old, has just cut 2 teeth at the bottom and rolling all over the house! A very happy baby who loves her sleep, 5:30pm-7:30am :) I also love this age, but I do love newborns!!! Glad to hear you and your bubba's are all well x

zanacal
November 19th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Hi everyone. Glad to read you're all doing well and enjoying your babies. I don't stop by here much these days - I don't recognise many of the posters these days!

We are still doing well. Time is going so quickly! Eliza will be 6 months old in a couple of weeks time - eek! She's doing great. She's a happy little girl, so easy to look after. She loves playing with her toys, adores her brothers, still sleeps well - I couldn't ask for anything more :D She'll be starting on solid foods in a couple of weeks which we're looking forward to and I'm very excited about her first Christmas!

I'm finally losing some of my baby weight. I still have around 3 stone (42lb!) to go but I've lost about a stone since I started dieting 6 weeks ago and another stone before that without having to try. Yes, I put on a ridiculous amount of weight when pregnant! I'm trying to decide what to do for contraception now DH and I have our 'grown up time' back and I have regular cycles again (despite breastfeeding!) but am not sure what to go for. Any opinions on the mini pill or depo provera?

Take care all x

auroara78
November 19th, 2012, 02:50 PM
well depo drove me crazy when I used to be on it. (I'm really strange about hormonal BC, it makes me really snappy, or sad, etc) so I personally didn't like it...the other thing about it I didn't like is it does leech calicum for your bones, and it's supposed to only do it after being on it for 5 straight years, but the research has shown that even after few months, it can start to weaken bones. I was on the regular BC pills because my cycle came back 2 months postpartum but really dislike them, so I'm done w/ that too.

I'm currently considering ParaGuard, it's a non hormonal IUD, but the idea of a uterine puncture during insertion worries me because I am 90% sure that we are not done yet, and I want to keep my uterus in tact. So, I am so torn...but i know for sure, my husband and i need soemthing because we do not currently have room / car yet for a 4th child, so we need to be protected at least until 2014.

As far baby news goes, Lillian open smilies (but her mouth wide open) at her swing 's mobile and really follows and tracts the animals...it's so cute. The boys love giving her kisses and DS2 (who is 18 mos) always says "sis" to her and it's so cute.

zanacal
November 19th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Thanks Auroara x

lobella2
November 23rd, 2012, 01:27 PM
I am currently on the mini pill. I never have any problems with the pill so I am fine being on it again. My cycle doesn't ever come back until I am done breastfeeding.

Lily just turned 7 months. I can't believe how fast it is going. I keep thinking I will be planning her first birthday in no time. She is a wonderful baby. She is a very mellow baby. We have been slowly trying solids. So far we have tried rice cereal and green beans. Lily has not really liked either one. She does like to suck on pickles (my mom gave her one) and grapes. We were cosleeping but I noticed she was up a lot at night so I moved her to her pack and play next to our bed and now she sleeps much better. It makes me sad that I can't snuggle with her all night, but she was kicking me more than snuggling so I guess it's ok. At least I won't have to figure out how to get her out of my bed when she is older.

zanacal
November 24th, 2012, 05:45 PM
She is gorgeous lobella, love seeing photos of her :D

Well I had to go to the doctor due to some random bleeding and I have a cervical ectropian which is a hormonal thing and was causing the bleeding - and because of that she recommended I don't take anything hormonal contraceptive wise. I guess we'll carry on as we are for a while longer!

lobella2
December 3rd, 2012, 10:05 AM
Aww thanks Z :happy:

princesssarah34
January 4th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Wow have I been MIA for a while! I missed a few ladies and there updates!:sad:
But I came back to check in and update everyone on my little Benjamin! :bigsmile:
He is going to be 8 months old already! Time is going by way to fast and I want him to
stop right were he is but........he is not listening to his Momma! He started crawling about a week ago and is into everything! And you can't put him in his play chair he cries until you let him out!
He has been watching his brothers run and play for months and would get so excited to have them run past his chair he would squeal with delight then cry cause they would leave him. He loves being
able to chase his brothers down and get into there stuff! :rofl:

auroara78
January 5th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Ah he's soooo cute princesssarah!! thanks for sharing.

lobella2
January 5th, 2013, 10:55 AM
He is so cute princess!