PDA

View Full Version : Drugs for IVF- Dr. B- Long Island, NY

NYFamilyOfFiveRoses
January 31st, 2011, 02:04 PM
Hi Ladies,

ABC, Anna, or any of you who are familiar on how Dr. B bills the ivf drugs, maybe you can help me. See below.

I called the pharmacy from my insurance and they said that I am covered for certain ivf drugs and some do need prior authorization. So does that mean that I would be covered for them if they do not need authorization?

Does Dr. B just give you a prescription for the drugs? If that is the case, my pharmacy would probably cover it.

I found out that Follistim, estrace and medrol I do not need any prior authorizations for.

The lady at Dr. Bs office said that they would bill it under ivf. But does that mean all drugs would be billed?

I cannot e-mail any more the office because they will want me to come in at this point and I cannot because I am not ready to do a cycle. So any information here would be extremely helpful and I think you all.

But does the Dr. bill all of the drugs or can you just get them from the pharmacy directly with a prescription? Am I making sense?

I thought I was not covered, but now the guy I just spoke to makes it seem like I am covered.

I am so back and forth with this.

Thanks so much.

pinksapphire
January 31st, 2011, 04:17 PM
Usually you have to go through a special fertility pharmacy such as Freedom Pharmacy (in MA but they deliver) or Dr. B. uses Kraupner Pharmacy in Brooklyn and they deliver as well.

NYFamilyOfFiveRoses
January 31st, 2011, 04:45 PM
Usually you have to go through a special fertility pharmacy such as Freedom Pharmacy (in MA but they deliver) or Dr. B. uses Kraupner Pharmacy in Brooklyn and they deliver as well.

I would use Freedom Fertility they told me. Should I call them. Do you think they would know if I would be covered or not? I keep getting told different things.

Do you have to use Kraupner or can you use Freedom or the one on your insurance plan?

I just called freedom and they supposedly will see if they can give me any answers and call me back. I am expecting to not be covered though.