PDA

View Full Version : July Chit Chat for Ladies due in Sept/Oct/Nov

Pages : [1] 2

Mochagirl
July 3rd, 2012, 07:21 AM
I can't believe it's July already! Only 2 months until some of us start having our babies!

auroara78
July 3rd, 2012, 09:41 AM
I can't believe either that the baby's really coming in 2 months!!

I feel her move around all the time...she kicks so strong and hard....

sleeping has been a nightmare, i can't stay comfortable, oh well, I gotta keep reminding myself the end is near, and to enjoy the moments I have

Mochagirl
July 3rd, 2012, 09:56 AM
Yeah - some of Sadie's kicks are so powerful now they hurt! I'm getting uncomfortable too - especially as the weather continues to heat up. My kids are off school now for the summer, and I'm finding the thought of 2 months at home with all 3 boys 24/7 a little daunting. I barely have the energy to go up the stairs much less entertain my kids all day!

Hobbermittens
July 3rd, 2012, 04:52 PM
I have 3 months left, and I am already so uncomfortable! The heat isn't helping, either. I hate cleaning anyway, but I can't even make myself when I can barely bend over and I am sweating from the heat! I cleaned the playroom with the kids the other day, and I was moving shelves out of the way to find the stuff they had stashed back there, and I was totally sweating and panting! It was pathetic!

I had this glorious dream last night. I was in the hospital, and the baby had been born, but the nurses had it at the nursery. When they brought the baby back in, they had it dressed in blue, and said something about "him" or "his". I apparently didn't know the gender until that moment, and I said, "Wait, it's a BOY?" and they handed him to me, and I remember crying and kissing him and saying, "Happy birthday" to him. I remember telling my other kids that they had a baby brother, and being so thrilled about it all. It really made me feel good when I woke up. I wish it was going to come true, but I know it won't. I can't imagine ever feeling that excited and that happy.

Then today, someone I know said she thought I was having a boy because of how I am carrying. Another friend who I hadn't told about the baby yet stopped me at the grocery store the other day and said, "Oh, you're having another?" and when I said yes, he immediately said, "A boy?" I love it when people say that stuff, but it just sets me up for more disappointment, I think. :(

laughinglynxie
July 3rd, 2012, 05:42 PM
(to carry over thoughts from the previous thread) I'm not sure when we get to have it fixed! My husband is a little frugal with the money and since he's gone all day (11:30am to 10:30pm) he doesn't really seem to feel it's very urgent to fix the problem. A friend of his, who isn't certified in HVAC, is supposed to come over and look at it for us. I have a feeling he won't be able to do anything. Meanwhile, I have the phone number and diagnostic cost info all ready to go for when he says I can call a "real" person (an acquaintance that has a small family business and super-good prices). Blaaahhhhhh...

Pinkin, I measured large at my 24 week appointment. Nothing to worry about! My OB just kinda laughed and said "Oh, that must just be how you grow 'em." My first measured large starting around halfway through, too. He was born at 8lbs 7oz...so he wasn't crazy big or anything! I just would like it if this one would slow down so I can have a cute little peanut (it seems a ton of my friends had 6lb babies). :D

TTC5
July 3rd, 2012, 07:22 PM
Hi ladies!!

PeonyPrincess
July 3rd, 2012, 10:44 PM
Hi TTC5. Fill us in on how you are travelling. Hoping all is going well at the moment.

TTC5
July 4th, 2012, 01:07 AM
Had a scan Monday he is sooo cute was sucking his fingers then doing a sucking motion like he was sucking a dummy/pacifier. So cute!! AND placenta has moved YAYYYY!!!!!! :D

TTC5
July 4th, 2012, 01:07 AM
Belly shot 27 weeks

pinkin2011
July 4th, 2012, 02:54 AM
You look great TTC5!! Do you measure right for how many weeks you are?? I saw my dr on monday and I was 22 weeks 1 day but measured 23cm so I am a bit worried... I never actually had my tummy measured with my first ds.

TTC5
July 4th, 2012, 03:43 AM
I have growth scans so we go by that not fundal height. It is very normal to measure a week or two either side your gestation when measuring fundal height. By scans my baby is 2.5 weeks bigger for his age.

TTC5
July 4th, 2012, 03:44 AM
He has slowed down few weeks ago he was a whopping 5 weeks ahead LOL!

HappyLea
July 4th, 2012, 03:47 AM
Wow, its July already :omg: this year is just flying.

We will soon all be holding our little babies, its so exciting :D Oooh my baby is the size of a papaya!

I have been telling some mum's at school we are expecting a baby boy and they have been lovely and no silly comments, which was really nice. One women tho whom i dont really know she was a teaching assistant with DS1 in nursery saw DS3 and said how big he had grown and saw we were expecting again. She automatically said 'another boy' i said 'yes' and she then said 'oh sorry about that' WTF??!! She did then say 'sorry i shouldn't have said that'. I think she must have saw i was not happy with that comment.

On the upside tho i have been out shopping and bought him a few new bits, i cant believe how small the clothes are. I honestly forget how small they are as babies...bless them! Took my DS3 clothes out and they were tiny baby and i was like 'omg was he really that small?'
Trying to get a variety of colours so got some, mint green/grey, red/white, grey/white, navy blue/pale blue going to get some lovely lime green stuff also.

I haven't yet had my belly measured but my mum seems to think im alot smaller than with any of my other 3. This is the only pregnancy that i have actually lost weight with and not gained...but i do have a gastric band now which i didnt with the others.
Im feeling him move alot more, get kicks but some movement i think he maybe flipping or something, they just make me feel sick.

So glad all you lovely ladies and babies are well.

Inglewood
July 4th, 2012, 04:52 AM
Just a quick hello ladies and hope you are all well? like to read up on how you are all doing!!

Can't believe how fast the weeks are passing by, my girlies are 3mths now...want to slow down time!

Keep well Ladies. xx

Mochagirl
July 4th, 2012, 08:03 AM
TTC5 - I'm sooooo happy your placenta has moved!! Are you still on bedrest or are you able to resume your normal activities?

HappyLea - there's always SOMEONE who makes an insensitive comment like that. I'm so sorry. When our wounds are raw, comments like that hurt even more. I got a lot of that with ds3. I especially hate when they say it in front of our other kids - like they're telling them they're not as good because they weren't girls!

HappyLea
July 4th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Your right Mocha, there is always someone. Im sure i will get alot more of these comments and even more when he actually arrives.

Cant tell you how many times, i have been asked if i will try again for a girl already...ARGH!!!

I knew when swaying i wasnt guarenteed a girl and we went into this knowing we could have another boy and if we wouldnt be happy with another boy then we wouldnt have had a 4th. Why do people assume we would keep going until we get a girl, like my boys dont mean anything to me??!! I love my boys so so much. I feel that people only think i have gone for 4 is to get a girl but to be honest if i had both genders i wouldn't have stopped at 2 or even 3 i love my kids and if i can afford to have 4 then why not??!!

Enough of my ranting on and on!!!

Im just doing abit of online browsing for Baby Charlie, i love buying baby clothes...so cute and small :D

Mochagirl
July 4th, 2012, 08:56 AM
I'm glad you're having fun buying clothes for your little guy! Boys are indeed wonderful, and your 4 boys are going to have a really fun childhood playing together, and just think how proud you'll be watching them grow up to become men and fathers themselves. I'm sure you'll end up with a herd of gorgeous grandchildren someday! :HH:

HappyLea
July 4th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Its really funny my DS1 already says he is going to marry so and so at school and he is deeply in love. DS2 said he wants to be a daddy when he is older...bless them.

Thinking of them growing up just scares me, i know they grow so quickly. Before we all know it we will have teenagers and then grown men and women :omg:

DS1 says he wants to be a police man like daddy and DS2 says he wants to be a police man or fire man.

I love watching them play together now, i just hope they stay close as they get older x

Mochagirl
July 4th, 2012, 09:43 AM
They're all so close in age I'm sure they'll stay close. My 3 older brothers are all very close as adults. There's something really special about the brother bond. They may fight, but they get their anger out of their systems quickly, and they're fiercely loyal to each other.

HappyLea
July 4th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Yeah come to think of it my dad is 1 of 4 boys and 1 girl. Although they all have their own families, and one moved to Australia many many years ago. They are all still close, there have been no arguement/fights that i have ever known about. Dad still goes fishing every week with one of his brothers and they all get together at family do's and go out for drinks to wet grandchildrens heads :D just an excuse for a pint....lol! They all speak on the phone often and visit each other.

My mum has 3 brothers, 1 whom moved away and speaks to no one, he texts me every now and again. Nice to know he is ok. She has good relationship with the other 2 brothers but the brothers dont speak to each other. They only get together at family parties.

Its just wierd how some families are close and some just aren't, i guess it all down to circumstances and how you are brought up.

Mochagirl
July 4th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Yeah - my family has always been really close so I can't imagine having one that isn't. I hear people moan about the fact that they 'have to' spend the holidays with their families, whereas I've always looked forward to getting together with my family and wish I could see them more often. Now my in-laws, on the other hand, are a whole other story....:bigsmile:

We're lucky we all live in the same province and not across the country or across the world from each other, but two of my brothers live an 8 hour drive away, my Mom's a 4 hour drive away and my last brother is about an hour drive away, so we only all get together a couple of times a year.

Hobbermittens
July 4th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Happy 4th of July to you American ladies! We are not able to do fireworks this year because of fire danger, so it will be pretty low key holiday here. There is a parade through town that we will go to, and then tonight we are going to go to a place that has pig races. The kids will enjoy that.

Happylea, I am glad you are having fun shopping for baby Charlie!! I am so jealous. I would love to be shopping for baby boy clothes right now!!

TTC5, thank goodness the placenta has moved! I hope you don't have to have a C section now.

Mochagirl
July 4th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Ugh. I feel like I'm melting. With the humidity here today it feels like 44 degrees Celsius (that's something like 110F). I reeeeaaaallly wish we had air conditioning right now - especially as this heat wave is supposed to go on for days.

Hobbermittens
July 4th, 2012, 05:13 PM
yuck, I hate humidity! We have pretty hot days, but we have dry heat. Still, I am swelling up already. I have cankles! And fat feet that look like loaves of bread!

Mochagirl
July 4th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Oh yeah - I've got the cankles going on too. In my part of Canada it can get quite humid. Last summer wasn't too bad but so far this summer's looking to be a steamy one.

Hobbermittens
July 4th, 2012, 05:33 PM
We are having the driest summer since 1988, and fire danger is extremely high. I think the weather is pretty bad everywhere this summer. Usually we have a rainy spring, but we didn't get one this year, and we are paying for it! Hot, hot, hot, and DRY as a bone. Scary! Do you get forest fires where you are, Mocha?

Mochagirl
July 4th, 2012, 06:05 PM
No - I live in an urban centre surrounded by farmland, so no forest fires here. I'm in southern Ontario, not far from Toronto. The forest fires in Canada are mainly on the west coast.

Hobbermittens
July 4th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Ah, so you are near New York? Canada is so big, I wasn't sure where you were. I am in Montana, USA, so even though I am near parts of Canada, we aren't very close to each other.

Mochagirl
July 4th, 2012, 10:24 PM
Yes - I'm quite close to Buffalo and Niagara Falls, NY.

pinkin2011
July 5th, 2012, 12:03 AM
I think people that are close to their family are soooo lucky! My mum had PND when I was born and still has alot of problems and I suffered from that So I have never been close with my mum and she still doesnt really have many feelings towards me! I do have a brother and sister but both of them dont have anything to do with me , My brother lives 2 hrs away I havent seen or spoken to him since november 2011 and my sister is doing the wrong things in life so the only person I have kind of to talk to is my dad but my parents live 2 hrs away aswell so I never see my dad. I dont even have any cousins that I am close to and I blame that on my mum... So pretty much I have no family! I am very close to d/h family and his mum but its just not the same .... And I get jealous of people that do have family and a mum that cares !! I dont even get asked how I am or anything to do with my pregnancy by my mum, pretty sad

Hobbermittens
July 5th, 2012, 12:11 AM
pinkin, that is really sad! I am sorry your family has been so distant towards you. I am sure you will make a point of doing the opposite with your own children, and you will have a close relationship with them for life. :heart:

pinkin2011
July 5th, 2012, 12:21 AM
I sure will!! I def wont make that mistake..... D/h thinks its a good idea for us to have a bigger family because of me not having my family... 1.. To keep me busy so I dont think so much about it. 2.... To make our own BIG family and hope its a close one!! Which I am sure it will be

TTC5
July 5th, 2012, 01:39 AM
I think people that are close to their family are soooo lucky! My mum had PND when I was born and still has alot of problems and I suffered from that So I have never been close with my mum and she still doesnt really have many feelings towards me! I do have a brother and sister but both of them dont have anything to do with me , My brother lives 2 hrs away I havent seen or spoken to him since november 2011 and my sister is doing the wrong things in life so the only person I have kind of to talk to is my dad but my parents live 2 hrs away aswell so I never see my dad. I dont even have any cousins that I am close to and I blame that on my mum... So pretty much I have no family! I am very close to d/h family and his mum but its just not the same .... And I get jealous of people that do have family and a mum that cares !! I dont even get asked how I am or anything to do with my pregnancy by my mum, pretty sad

I know how you feel. My mother doesn't bother with me either and as for my father well....

pinkin2011
July 5th, 2012, 02:49 AM
Its so horrible isnt it TTC5... and I find it harder for me sometimes because everyone I know have good relationships with their mother and family.. And I find it hard at times because d/h is close to his family even tho I am close to them too but I just think what have I ever done to deserve the family I have..

Mochagirl
July 5th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Pinkin and TTC5 - I'm so sorry your family isn't close. My family doesn't live physically close to me so I don't see them as often as I'd like, but we are always in communication, and I know any one of them would be there for me in an instant if I needed them. I do think that my relationship with my Mom helped fuel my GD, though. She and I are best friends so I assumed my whole life I'd have a daughter who would be my best friend too. When I ended up having 3 boys in a row I was really thrown for a loop, but I must admit that ds2 is proving to be quite a Mommy's boy (loves pink and pretty things, loves to shop with me), and I wouldn't be surprised if DD ends up being a Daddy's girl anyway...

I agree that having a big family of your own will be a wonderful way to correct all the mistakes your own family has made. With lots of kids you're guaranteed to never be lonely and to always have a house full of laughter and love - either from your own kids or eventually your grandkids :HH:

auroara78
July 6th, 2012, 10:34 AM
HappyLea,

I just wanted to say that I LOVED everything you said about boys!!! I do love my little men so much too! DS1 is too cute lately, he's almost 5 and he's gotten into liking to brush my hair or just play with my hair, and he puts little kisses around my forehead. He asks to kiss baby Lily a lot too, he likes to rub my belly. He says he's going to "take good care of her" and "keep her in line so she's not a baby like Evan. (DS2)"

Lately, I have gotten asked by a lot of students (I'm a librarian) about the gender of the baby. Some of the students are coming back in after a few months break and they all look at me horrified and then say "it's a girl right?" as if another boy would have been the end of the world! It breaks my heart, because I know that while I am happy I am having a girl, it makes me feel bad for the child I *could* have had (I do believe there is a ton of randomness involved with gender selection, etc), and I feel bad that if I had been having another boy, that everyone would just think of him as "another" boy and for me, he'd still be my little special man that I would have loved with all my heart!!!

On the other hand, being that I am just two days shy of my 30 weeks, i am soooo anxious to have her now. A facebook friend was in town and dropped off tons of baby girl clothing that her baby has outgrown...and it was so freaking adorable...but tons and tons of pink! LOL, my fave piece is a cute little 6 month outfit that's red gingham with little strawberries embroidded on the edge, and it has matching bloomers and a headband...how cute....but then I freaked out for a minute, and thought a 3 piece set? I'm so disorganized, how am I going to keep track of all these accessories?

I know I need to be appreicative of this potentially last preg. (it will depend on money in 2-3 years if we have a 4th, etc), and I want to enjoy the moment if this really is it for me,but I am just so anxious to hold her and meet her and get on with things. And this summer has been so humid in VA,...it was 101 degrees with humidy yesterday! was so disgusting! I'm so tired of summer already.

auroara78
July 6th, 2012, 10:38 AM
as far as family goes, as you all may know, my mom and I have a psychotic relationship.

Right now she is trying to "buy" my love back for her bday party outrage by paying to fix our cars (Dh's car has bad brakes) and my car wouldn't even start, so I'm letting her do because we don't really have the extra moeny right now, and I feel tic for a tac, since if she can insult my life and DH all the time, then at least she can pay for my things here and there.

I know morally it's prob. not right, and i should tell her that I don't want her money etc, but I need it, and she needs to feel like I'm not mad at her anymore (I have a really hard time staying mad at people even if they deserve it), and well, let's just say our relationship is pretty unhealthy.

On the flip side, I know she can't control who she is (she's always been very blunt, speaking her mind out of turn,) I know she's not maliciously mean or hurtful, and she's 70 now, so she's just worst than ever, and I also keep in mind that she won't always be around, so instead of being angry at her all the time, I want to enjoy the time I have wtih her, because even though she is a bit nuts, she is still my mom, and I don't want to regret anything later.

auroara78
July 6th, 2012, 10:40 AM
but I do know that for my own upcoming relationship with my daughter, the one thing I want to strive towards the most is consistency and acceptance.

for my sons too, of course.

Hobbermittens
July 6th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Auroara, my relationship with my mom is strained on occasion, too, and she is always trying to buy us stuff! I let her, and I probably shouldn't, but we never have any extra money, and she likes to get us stuff we would never buy ourselves (like an ice cream maker, or trees to plant in the yard, etc). I think it makes my mom feel good to spend money on us, and I bet your mom feels the same way. The idea that you want to preserve your relationship so you have no regrets makes sense.

Speaking of money, our car just broke down.... I wonder what THAT is going to cost? Our friend is a mechanic, and he is going to look at it, and I really hope it isn't something too expensive. :suprise:

PeonyPrincess
July 6th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Just a quick hi as I haven't been on in a while it feels. My parents are visiting and the boys have been/are sick. I have just caught up reading the last few pages. So relieved for you TTC5. Will check back in when I can.

Hobbermittens
July 6th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Hi Peony, hope your kids feel better soon! Have a nice family visit. :)

pinkin2011
July 6th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Hey Hob did you find the 2 year difference was better between your first 2 children or was the 4 year gap between 2nd and 3rd better?

TTC5
July 6th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Well we have all been swabbed and have suspected whooping cough :/

TTC5
July 6th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Its so horrible isnt it TTC5... and I find it harder for me sometimes because everyone I know have good relationships with their mother and family.. And I find it hard at times because d/h is close to his family even tho I am close to them too but I just think what have I ever done to deserve the family I have..

Yes it can be very hard :'(

Hobbermittens
July 6th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Hey Hob did you find the 2 year difference was better between your first 2 children or was the 4 year gap between 2nd and 3rd better?

Well, in terms of having a newborn, the bigger gap helped, because my son was 3.5 and could take care of himself, somewhat. Now the two older kids are really close and they get annoyed with the 2 year old for "messing up" their games. I know that won't be forever, but it is annoying! So there are benefits and drawbacks to both.

pinkin2011
July 6th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Id say we will most def have a 3rd and I would probably wait until he is 2 and then try again all depending on how things are at the time.

Mochagirl
July 6th, 2012, 09:57 PM
All our kids (except our twins) will be 3 years apart. I like that spread because they're old enough to be a little independent when the baby's born, yet close enough in age they'll still play together. Just this year ds3 has started fully participating in his brothers' games.

Sorry for all the sick kids - it's summer here so cold and flu season is thankfully behind us, but I'm dreading having a tiny baby to try to protect from her germy brothers this Fall and winter when they'll be bringing home every sickness imaginable from school.

Hobbermittens
July 8th, 2012, 10:48 AM
I am worried--I had some cramping last night in the middle of the night. :worry: I had cramping early on, like the first 6 weeks or so, but not recently. I have a Dr. appt tomorrow, but I am not sure I should wait. But I don't want to have to go to the ER. What should I do? Is cramping a sign of something bad at this stage?

Mochagirl
July 8th, 2012, 11:32 AM
I get mild cramping every once in a while. About a month ago I had period-like cramps and was a little worried, but they disappeared overnight so I stopped worrying. I'd say if it would put your mind at ease, call your doctor, but it's probably just your uterus stretching.

Hobbermittens
July 8th, 2012, 11:36 AM
I hope it is just stretching. If it weren't Sunday, I would call the Dr. I just don't know if it is worth an ER visit. I am drinking a lot of water and trying to take it easy. I guess if it gets worse, I might call. It feels like period cramps.

laughinglynxie
July 8th, 2012, 04:11 PM
I notice I get cramping if I try and do too much throughout the day. With home repairs, it's been pretty easy to overdo it. I always do exactly what you are doing: take it easy and drink water. I figure as long as there is no bleeding, and baby is still doing the same amount of activity, everything is probably fine. :)

TTC5
July 8th, 2012, 06:14 PM
I over did it the last two days and last night for around 3/4 of an hr was having really painful cramps. Must take it easy this week!

PeonyPrincess
July 8th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Whooping cough TTC5, that's nasty. Hope the results come back ok.
Hobber, so not braxton hicks tightenings? Hope you can rest and they settle down.

Both my kids are on antibiotics and now doing much better. DS2 was definitely tonsillitis, but not sure about DS1- he had fevers up to 39.7 so it was a miserable couple of days. My parents have been driving me crazy at times. I feel like I run around after everyone all day long and have to come up with all the ideas for outings, meals, shopping, etc. My mum has offered to come up and stay before and after the baby arrives. I told her yesterday that it sounds good but I think she should stay somewhere else, like an apartment or hotel nearby. If she is staying with us it just feels like I have an extra person to look after. And what is with them not even offering to pay for one thing so far?! When we stay with them or my in-laws we prepare some meals, do our own shopping, buy alcohol, pay for expenses. We have taken them out a few times now and bought takeaway one night and not even an offer...weird, and not like them. I am not someone who can say 'hey cough up your share' and most of the time we would insist on paying, it would just be nice to be offered. Ha, I think I needed to get that off my chest!!

TTC5
July 9th, 2012, 05:39 AM
Ugh well results were not in yet GRR.

laughinglynxie
July 9th, 2012, 10:49 AM
My poor little dude is running a fever (started yesterday when getting up from nap time). He hasn't complained about anything hurting, so I'm relieved so far. I hope it's just a fever and that's it. Plus side, he is SOOOO cuddly and mellow now. Normally he is asking non-stop questions, touching everything, etc. It's sort of a nice break to just watch some shows and relax with him.

Hobbermittens
July 9th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Lynxie, sorry your son is sick! :(

Peony, how weird that your parents are expecting you to take care of them like that! I can't imagine mine trying that. We do nice things for them when they visit, but they pay for dinners out, etc.

So I did end up going to the ER last night, and they monitored me for an hour. Everything seemed okay, but the cramps are still here. The ER dr didn't check my cervix, s today at my appt I am asking my regular Dr to do it. I don't know if he will, but I am worried because this crampy stuff should have left by now, right? :worry:

auroara78
July 9th, 2012, 04:12 PM
hobbers, i hope everything is fine, and am anxiously awaiting your regular dr's word on waht's going on!

we took DS1 to a dino thing this weekend and he loved it! we had a great time, left DS2 with great grandma since I knew we wouldn't enjoy it as much if we had to keep chasing him around.

Mochagirl
July 9th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Peony - my ILs are like that. They never pay for anything and have never even offered to watch the kids for an evening so DH and I can go out - even if they're staying with us a whole week. If we go out for dinner we either split the bill or we end up paying for everyone - even though they know money is really tight right now.

Mochagirl
July 9th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Hobber - sorry you're still crampy. I hope your own doctor can put your mind at ease.

Hobbermittens
July 9th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Thanks ladies. My cramps were gone by mid-morning, so when I got to the Dr he didn't check me. He seemed to think I am dehydrated and that is what caused the cramps. Who knows, but I will drink more water just in case. It is SO HOT HERE!!!!

Auroara, what was the Dino thing you went to see?

Oh, also, DD2 went poop on her little potty all by herself without me even knowing! She took off her diaper and everything. I didn't even know she was in there. She came running out of the bathroom all excited and exclaimed, "Look at my POOP!" I am hoping she might be potty trained before the baby comes, but we haven't been trying really hard, so we will see.

TTC5
July 9th, 2012, 06:59 PM
My poor little dude is running a fever (started yesterday when getting up from nap time). He hasn't complained about anything hurting, so I'm relieved so far. I hope it's just a fever and that's it. Plus side, he is SOOOO cuddly and mellow now. Normally he is asking non-stop questions, touching everything, etc. It's sort of a nice break to just watch some shows and relax with him.

Oh no :(

TTC5
July 9th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Lynxie, sorry your son is sick! :(

Peony, how weird that your parents are expecting you to take care of them like that! I can't imagine mine trying that. We do nice things for them when they visit, but they pay for dinners out, etc.

So I did end up going to the ER last night, and they monitored me for an hour. Everything seemed okay, but the cramps are still here. The ER dr didn't check my cervix, s today at my appt I am asking my regular Dr to do it. I don't know if he will, but I am worried because this crampy stuff should have left by now, right? :worry:

Wow suprised they did not check your cervix that is the first thing they do here.

Hobbermittens
July 9th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Wow suprised they did not check your cervix that is the first thing they do here.

Well, the hospital here is very small (my town is only 2,500 people) and the doctor on call was a visiting Dr., and he was strictly an ER doc. If it had been my regular Dr on call, or one of the other family Dr's in town, I bet they would have checked. They don't even have anyone to do u/s there except certain times on certain days. Anyway, the Dr on call said he could send me to the big hospital an hour away (where I will deliver) but I didn't really want to go, and he didn't think it was necessary anyway.

HappyLea
July 10th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Not been on for a few day, i come back and we have lots of poorly kids and cramping mummies :( Hope all your ladies are taking it easy and your cramps are reducing. Hope all your kiddies are on the mend also.

I have had a poorly DH, cough which i had about a week before but his is so much worse...being a bloke and all that :rofl:
I have been getting a few tightenings every now and again, think its braxton hicks??!! Only like 1-2 in an evening.

Had my 23 week scan today as due to babies position at my 20 week scan they couldnt see heart valves, all seen today and baby was more than co-operative, was great to see him again. Then went to see my consultant and as i had a gaastric band last year and have lost weight this pregnancy and not gained i will have to have 2 more growth scans, at 28 and 32 weeks. Also as DS3 was prem and we dont know reason, i will have to give a wee sample every month to ensure i havent got any infections that could bring on labour.

With DS3 i started contracting at 34-35weeks a few hours after sex, so she said it maybe an idea to have a cut off date for having sex...i told DH and he doesnt seem to impressed :rofl:

As for family im have had a few issues with Sister recently that have really annoyed me, she broke up with her DH about 6 months ago after her having an affair and already she is seeing someone else. Its her life but i worry about the kids they are screwed up enough as it is...just think daddy is having a holiday at nanny and grandads.
Also she got a puppy that we told her not to get as she has enough on her plate with the seperation trying to get a house already has 1 dog that doesnt get walked or the attention it needs, 4 cats and 1 budgie. Well she got it and this weekend it must have felt pushed out due to the new puppy and bit the puppy and did make it bleed also went for my sister...and she got it put to sleep :( In the past this dog has bitten the kids and she never had it put to sleep but it bite the puppy and she got it put to sleep?? Surely thats the wrong way around.
I tried to phone some places to get it rehomed some rescue place before she had it done, but i tried but she didnt even do that. She was looking for an excuse to get rid of it and this was it. I really think she went about it the wrong way. Only a few weeks ago since she left her hubby this dog was the best dog ever caring loving, great with the kids. New puppy comes along and i said to DH i wont be long before she is out...and i was right :(

Sorry for blabbing on and on ladies. Hope your all well and i must catch up properly tomorrow x

Hobbermittens
July 10th, 2012, 02:28 PM
That is awful, Happylea! Your sister needs to get her priorities straight. :(

Sorry your DH is feeling unwell. Men are always sicker than us ladies aren't they? :sigh: When my DH is sick, the world comes to an end.

My DH wouldn't care about the no sex thing--he hasn't touched me in weeks, ever since he felt the baby move! He says he feels like he is being watched.

Glad you got to see your little baby boy again and that all looks great!! :)

auroara78
July 10th, 2012, 02:48 PM
My DH wouldn't care about the no sex thing--he hasn't touched me in weeks, ever since he felt the baby move! He says he feels like he is being watched.

Tho my DH and I have had more sex than ever before during preg., it's still kind of weird for him. He keeps saying that he can't get around the "basketball" and it's just not really working out for me either...he has that weird sense too that somehow the baby will "know" we are having sex and the thought just icks him out. But...of course when the mood really strikes him, and the kids are in bed, he'll still have sex, but it's so funny....he's all reserved and cautious, so it's not worth having!!

Your sister is a real piece for work, HappyLea..what a sad story about the dog :(

We don't do much with my in-law's lately, but yes if we go out to eat, they expect us to pay, so we just don't go out to eat much anymore with them, because of that. They always say how 'poor' they are, and it ain't like my DH and I are rollin in the dough too.

Oh the dinosaur thing was an exhibit that came into town (Richmond VA) and they set up in the indoor portion of the race track. They had dinosuar rides (T-rex, raptor, tricertops, Quinten rode the tricertops, his fave) lots of displays with information and a button to push to make the dinosaur move his arms and growl. And they had things that you had to pay for: face paint (Quinten was a tricetops, what else!), more rides (boucny house stuff), a gem hunting thing..(give you bag of dirt, you can sift through it and find "gemstones" and "rocks" Quinten loved that and I got some nice pieces I wanna turn into jewelry eventually!) and dino golf, etc. It was awesome, and Quinten (DS1) loved it! They had a sand pit too with "dinosaur bones" and he thought he was really discovering the real thing, lol, it was so cute. He said he's going to grow up and become a palentologist one day.

I think I may have mentioned this, but a facebook friend was in town and gave me three bags of girl clothing, and it's sooo fricking adorable, but it's a ton of pink and hot pink. I'll probably have a family only baby shower in August sometime and I'm sure it will rain pink too then! I am much more of a fan of lavender and purple, but I'm so grateful for the chance to have some pink in my life, that I'm just more laid back now...I was going to have the invitations be purple or try to some how work in my preference for purple/lavender, but I think I'm just gonna let it go, and just be grateful, and see what comes my way.

What do you think? Is it rude to kind of state a color preference on a baby shower invitation (either subtly through the colors of invitation or just a statement inside?)

Hobbermittens
July 10th, 2012, 02:57 PM
What do you think? Is it rude to kind of state a color preference on a baby shower invitation (either subtly through the colors of invitation or just a statement inside?)

You could try that, and try registering for stuff too. Maybe say "We have quite a bit of pink already, but purple/lavender would be a nice alternative" or something on the invite? As I have found out, though, there are many more pink options than anything else in the girl's department :sigh:

auroara78
July 10th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Yep...I've noticed that!!! Pink and pink and hot pink! LOL

Well, when we had our boys too, in all fairness, I wasn't crazy about the soft pastel-y baby blue either. I like deeper colors and I still think my DS1 looks gorgeous in red or orange. But of course we did get a ton of blue outifts with the boys! My fave thing that DS2 wears now is a cute little summer two piece with brown shorts and a striped white and lime green shirt with a monkey on it. It's so cute on him!

laughinglynxie
July 10th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Oh man, my head is spinning from reading nursing bra reviews on HerRoom.com! I refuse to deal with no support while I breastfeed another baby! Being a 34F is no fun. I wish I could just go to Target, haha.

Mochagirl
July 10th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Hey ladies - I had my 30 week check-up today. Everything looked good - baby is head down with a strong heartbeat. Finally got the results from my diabetes test (though since they hadn't called me I knew the results were good), and everything was fine EXCEPT apparently my iron is a little low. Weird since if there's one thing doctors have always commented on with my blood tests it's that I have very high iron - even right after my m/c and during the LE diet my iron was great. Anyway, she said I should start taking a supp, so I'll be starting tonight.

The best news was that I got to finally meet with my midwife alone instead of with the new student that got assigned to me, and I finally got a chance to tell her I don't really like the student and would rather her not be my primary midwife (she's a student in her final year, so when she joins your team she becomes your primary with the other midwives as supervisors). She's now off my team in an official capacity and will just be a backup midwife. I'm relieved. I just had some sort of weird personality conflict with her, whereas my usual 3 midwives are all bubbly, fun people I enjoy meeting with.

And yes, I prefer the purple toned clothes, but really there's very little of that available in newborn sizes. I did find some for 3-6 months, but not a lot for under that age. Everything's baby pink and white. Yawn.

TTC5
July 10th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Mocha my iron is low too, I take Spatone liquid iron and drink nettle tea x

Mochagirl
July 10th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Nettle tea helps? I think I have some of that in my cupboard. I'll be taking Floradix - it's what Doulamama recommended to me back when I was concerned about iron after my m/c, and it's also what my mw recommended.

Hobbermittens
July 11th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Oh man, my head is spinning from reading nursing bra reviews on HerRoom.com! I refuse to deal with no support while I breastfeed another baby! Being a 34F is no fun. I wish I could just go to Target, haha.

I am probably an E now, but I am still stuffing myself into a DD. (is there a DDD? Maybe I'm that). I need to get a new nursing bra, but I was waiting until the end so I don't get the wrong size.

Hobbermittens
July 11th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Mocha, good job standing up for yourself and saying you didn't like the MW student. I am such a weenie and I never want to hurt anyone's feelings, so I would probably just suffer through it.

I have been taking an iron supplement too, and I haven't had any issues with it. I take the slow release one. Just make sure you don't take it with your prenatal or milk products, because the iron binds to calcium (you probably knew that already).

laughinglynxie
July 11th, 2012, 09:45 PM
I am probably an E now, but I am still stuffing myself into a DD. (is there a DDD? Maybe I'm that). I need to get a new nursing bra, but I was waiting until the end so I don't get the wrong size.

Bra makers are SO confusing. From what I understand, most of the double letters (in bigger cups) translate to the next letter up. So I'm in a DD/E right now and looking for a DDD/F. That's the way it's laid out on the HerRoom website (which is fabulous, btw). They even have a size translator and a universal sizing thing. I was going to wait, too, but I figured I'm tired of my band size being too tight now that my ribcage is getting spread out from baby growing.

I still ordered from Nicki's Diapers, though, because I wanted to get my "points." Hehehe. And I got leopard print. I never do that...but gosh darn it, I ALWAYS get beige and there are usually NO options (other than white, beige, and black) for busty gals!

laughinglynxie
July 11th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Agreed about speaking up. Last time I LOVED my nurse midwife but couldn't stand my male OB...and I just dealt with it because I only had to see him maybe 4 times total. But those four times where just dumb and annoying, I wish I had said something.

Mochagirl
July 11th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Thanks, ladies. To be honest, I'm the sort of person who avoids confrontation at all costs. After I agreed to let the student work with me, I was never alone with my normal midwives anymore to tell them I'd changed my mind and thought I'd be stuck with her forever. I had about 3 appts with her, and i found her to be overly clinical and too serious - i was starting to dread my appts whereas normally i love going to the mw.

When she wasn't there for my appt yesterday because she'd been at a birth all night I jumped on the opportunity to see if I could do something about it. My mw completely understood and was very sweet about it. I think she was a bit flattered when I told her I used to look forward to coming to appts to chat with her and missed that.

TTC5
July 11th, 2012, 11:06 PM
The nettle tea is fantastic!!

Mochagirl
July 11th, 2012, 11:14 PM
For some reason I thought it was something you took at the end of pregnancy to prepare for delivery, but I'm clueless about this stuff! Maybe I'll break open that box of nettle tea and get drinking!

PeonyPrincess
July 12th, 2012, 12:05 AM
I've sent my mum to have a massage for an hour so I can get on and say hi!!
Mocha and Auroara, I am so excited that you have both hit the 30 week mark- yay!
Hobber, good idea to potty train your DD while the weather is so warm. But of course she may regress for a little while after your new baby arrives. It is so long since I have had to think of nappies, it is going to be weird to go through all of that again.
Laughing, I just can't get over how big your boobs are! I am only a 34C and feel impressed with my body for making them that big, lol. The best thing if they were bigger is that it would balance out my tummy and my belly wouldn't look as big.
HappyLea, that poor dog. Good on you trying to find somewhere for it to go, but it sounds like her mind was already made up.
Pinkin, how did you go getting your BP sorted out? Are you feeling well?
TTC5, did you hear anything more about the possible whooping cough? The flu is really bad in Australia this winter too. Certainly knocking a lot of people around.

All good here. The kids are much better and my dad flew home yesterday. I bought a dress this morning for Ladies Day at the races next week. Now I have to find shoes and a hat or fascinator. My best friend is flying up from Perth for it (she is pg too), so we will both have to stick to OJ this year!
My DH is so stressed with his work at the moment. I feel sorry for him as he works so hard. No wonder he wants to escape to his boat whenever he gets a chance.
I have been busy researching baby car restraints, booster seats and prams. I need to find 3 car seats that fill fit in my car and have decided I will sell my Phil & Teds pram and get a new one for this bub. Thinking maybe a baby jogger. I love how they fold up so easily. Oh and I bought a couple of gorgeous outfits I couldn't resist and have had to hide them in the storeroom downstairs! I seem to be drawn to apricots and lilacs.
Bye for now. Keep well everyone.

auroara78
July 12th, 2012, 10:20 AM
I also feel well-endowed at a 38C, but that is nothing compared to a DDD or E!!

My DH likes them too..call them a "perfect handful" :rofl:

HappyLea
July 12th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Well ladies i completely struggle for bra's in diff places i range from a G to a I before pregnancy and at the moment im still managing to stuff them in my everyday bra's but i have lost weight so this could have something me to do with still being able to fit them in. My boobies are more than 2 handfuls each...lol!

I am having a pampering session over next week as its mum's pearl wedding anniversary party next sat, so i have new dress booked in for spray tan next thursday, then on saturday im having my nails/toe nails eyebrows waxing and hair done :D so excited...dont go out much so i like to make an effort.

Peony think i must have missed your expecting a girl, congratulations!!! My sister deffo had her mind made up and the folling morning unfortunately she had her put to sleep...i really think she could have gone about it a different way. Like seperating and then re introducing her to the puppy. Or re homing to an adult with no other dogs/kids etc. I tried just sad i didnt manage to get anything sorted :(

Mochagirl
July 12th, 2012, 12:30 PM
I feel tiny compared to you ladies! I'm about a 36C right now. I'm normally a 36B, but when I was on the LE diet I was down to a 32A!!!!

auroara78
July 12th, 2012, 01:58 PM
I was only a B before I got preggo this time, and this is the ONLY pregnacny my boobs have changed at all..went from 38B to 38C and I must say I do like being a C, nice and full but not too much...like Goldi-boobs over here or something lol!

I can't sleep very good lately cuz of my big ol' bump...I use pillows and what not but can't stay comfortable....so ready for September to be here already! Done with this hot, hot summer! It was 103 degrees here last week and with the humidity factored it, FELT like 110 degrees....humidity is such a bummer!

auroara78
July 12th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Oh and I'm ready Fifty Shades of Grey finally and i guess because i'm so big and swollen the sex parts ain't doin nothing for me, rather making me feel turned off, I usually read just murder mysteries at this stage in preg cuz reading about sex bores me (when usually I like reading smutty stuff!)

Also, all I keep thinking about is how much I'm looking forward to getting in shape and dropping weight...guess it's just my stage of pregnancy I'm in? when I'm looking forward to seeing my body again? lol...I am the worst though, cuz within a few months after having a baby, I get all misty-eyed and wistful about being pregnant again....I swear, it's mental...

HappyLea
July 12th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Is it wrong that i have read all three fifty shades books, twice already??? :bigsmile: first time i read them i read all three in just over 3 days....i was addicted! Good job hubby was off work or i would have been getting done for child neglect...lol!

Wow auroa 103 degrees, well i would be happy for a little bit of sunshine we just had lots and lots of rain recently...floods in loads of places...dont think we are going to have a summer this year :(

Mochagirl
July 12th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Yeah - it's been that hot and humid here too, auroara. Really makes me wish we had a/c.

I just finished reading the Grey books, HappyLea. They were entertaining enough, but I wouldn't say I got addicted. I just didn't like Christian Grey and started to flip past the sex scenes out of boredom...but I still had times when I couldn't put them down because I wanted to see how everything would turn out.

Hobbermittens
July 12th, 2012, 06:36 PM
I haven't read those Shades of Grey books, but I hear they are all the rage. I probably won't read them though, because I heard they were pretty poorly written. I am reading the Harry Potter series for the 2nd time, and I am on the last book.

It is hot as hell here! Ugh, I hate the heat and being pregnant. I can't get my wedding ring off, and I have tried almost everything. I have one trick left to try when my hands are less swollen, and if that doesn't work, then I will just have to wait and see if it gets too tight and has to be cut off! :( I looked up the price of a new one, and it is still about the same as what we paid ($450), but I really don't want to lose my ring--it means a lot to me!

auroara78
July 13th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Ah Hobbers so sorry to hear about the ring!!! I hope you can save it instead of having it cut off!

and yeah Mocha I've been skimping the sex parts too, I just can't take it atm, I am mostly still reading cuz I have to know what Mr. Grey's issues are! The psychology of him fascinates me...I gotta know what makes him tick!

HappyLea
July 14th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Oh Hobbers hope you can save your ring.

Fifty shades can be repetative in places, but i still loved it :D

Well my DH felt Baby Charlie move for the 1st time this morning, DH thought it was great! OMG ladies look what i just ordered for Baby Charlie...how cute??

Wish i could crouchet!!!

Mochagirl
July 14th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Adorable, HappyLea!!

Hobber - I hope you've managed to get your ring off. Somehow this pregnancy I've had no swelling at all. With my twins I had to take off my rings by 25 weeks, and by the end my feet had gone from a size 7 to a 9!!!

laughinglynxie
July 14th, 2012, 09:43 AM
I love the wide variety of boobs we have here, LOL. I actually don't FEEL like mine are that big. I think it's just the my ribcage is soooo small that it makes my proportions crazy. My mom likes to tease me because she's a 36A and thinks it's funny that I can lay down to breastfeed, etc. I'm still waiting for my new bra to come in the mail. I'm super nervous because I'm not the biggest fan of ordering online.

It's also been super hot and humid here. I keep wondering why I chose THIS summer to be pregnant?? I feel like I'm visiting my family in Maryland, not living in Minnesota. Blech! A/C still isn't fixed but I think my hubby is finally realizing he needs to help me keep on top of getting the windows closed in the morning so we can at least keep the cool night air inside for a better part of the day. Besides, my belly is starting to get in the way of reaching over the kitchen sink to close that one. ;)

I haven't read the 50 Shades books... still trying to get through the Game of Thrones series. I'm almost done with the third one. My hubs and I are both reading them and I want to catch up since he's halfway through the 4th one.

I totally dug out my Barbies from the garage the other day! I don't have too many left, but it was really fun to look at all of them and the clothes/cars/etc. I had. I even bought some new stuff at the secondhand store (I found a Christie doll with the natural 'fro and loved it since I never had an African American one growing up). I feel so silly for being excited about dressing them up and trying different clothes on...but I might even go on eBay to see if I can get different clothes, haha!

Hobbermittens
July 14th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Happylea, that hat is adorable! And how cool that DH felt the baby move. SO exciting, isn't it?

No, the ring is still stuck. I am going to have DH help me try to get it off today--it isn't very hot here today so I might have more luck. If not, I will just wait and see if it starts to cut off circulation. I feel so stupid for not taking it off sooner! I went on a trip a few weeks ago without DH, and I wanted the ring on then, because I didn't want people to think I was a single momof 3 with one on the way.... I am superficial, and now I am paying for it! :sigh:

Mocha, you are so lucky not to swell up!

Hobbermittens
July 14th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Lynxie, I have to say, I really hate Barbie! Thankfully none of my kids have wanted to play with them so far. I have never been a doll person, even when I was little. I remember once, when I was little, being forced to play Barbies while at a friend's house. I spent a long time scratching off the fake tan lines that were painted on one of the summer beachy Barbies. My friend got so mad at me!

I agree that this has been the hottest summer in a LONG TIME and it sucks to be pregnant this year! The last really horrible summer we had was when I was pregnant with my son. I swear Mother Nature hates me! :rofl:

Mochagirl
July 14th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Sorry, Hobber. I assume you've tried lubricants? My SIL used to work at a jewellery store, and she always swore by Windex - they always had some on hand in case a customer tried one on and it got stuck.

Mochagirl
July 14th, 2012, 12:01 PM
I admit, I liked Barbies as a kid :oops:. In fact, I made my Mom keep all my Barbies all these years just in case I ever had a daughter who could play with them. Of course, now that they've been stored in a box in the basement for 30 years, they're probably in pretty awful condition...

Mochagirl
July 14th, 2012, 12:03 PM
This is my first summer pregnant, and yes, I wonder why I had to choose THIS summer. Last summer wasn't hot at all, and this summer so far has been killer! I finally went out yesterday and bought some maternity shorts. All I had were capris and a jean skirt, and the jean skirt was causing an embarrassing thigh chafing side effect :oops:. I also had to buy a new maternity swimming suit since my one from DS3 was all stretched out and the elastic was going.

Hobbermittens
July 14th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Sorry, Hobber. I assume you've tried lubricants? My SIL used to work at a jewellery store, and she always swore by Windex - they always had some on hand in case a customer tried one on and it got stuck.

Yeah, the Windex trick worked well last pregnancy, and I waited too long to take my ring off then, too--but I wasn't hot or swollen, because it was winter, so that probably helped a bunch. I did try it this time, but it didn't work--I think I am just too swollen. :(

Hobbermittens
July 14th, 2012, 12:13 PM
This is my first summer pregnant, and yes, I wonder why I had to choose THIS summer. Last summer wasn't hot at all, and this summer so far has been killer! I finally went out yesterday and bought some maternity shorts. All I had were capris and a jean skirt, and the jean skirt was causing an embarrassing thigh chafing side effect :oops:. I also had to buy a new maternity swimming suit since my one from DS3 was all stretched out and the elastic was going.

I only have one pair of shorts. I need more desperately! I just keep washing the and re-wearing them over and over.

Mochagirl
July 14th, 2012, 12:16 PM
That's what I was doing with the few summer clothes I had. Right now all the summer stuff is on sale (I got mine for 50% off) so it's a good time to get some. The stores are already stocking Fall clothes...cause of course I want to go sweater shopping when it's 110 degrees!

Hobbermittens
July 14th, 2012, 12:21 PM
That's what I was doing with the few summer clothes I had. Right now all the summer stuff is on sale (I got mine for 50% off) so it's a good time to get some. The stores are already stocking Fall clothes...cause of course I want to go sweater shopping when it's 110 degrees!

No kidding--I can't even THINK about sweaters right now! I have to go to the "big city" on Monday for another u/s, so I will go to Target or somewhere and find some shorts then. Maybe I can get some good deals.

I am hoping that the baby still looks healthy and good on the u/s!! I also have to make sure they don't accidentally tell me gender. AFter the first u/s results were sent to my Dr, I was afraid he would know and accidentally spill the beans, but he said the tech didn't list the gender on the report, so that was nice! Hopefully they will do the same this time.

Mochagirl
July 14th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Good luck with your u/s!

Hobbermittens
July 14th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Good luck with your u/s!

Thank you!!

HappyLea
July 14th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Hobbers, its really exciting that DH felt him move, he has been moving lots today but that maybe due to the fact that i just fancied some coca cola :oops: woke him up straight away!!! I really dont know how you are dealing with your ring being stuck on, as soon as mine feels abit tight and i have to tug it to get it off i go into full panic mode and make it worse to get off. I wouldnt be able to stop trying until it was off, i would have a panic attack...silly things like that get to me. Good Luck for your ultra sound!

Ladies im so jealous of your hot weather, i bought some lovely maxi dresses to wear and not been able to wear any as weather has been pants :( so much rain!!!

DH and I went to sainsburys this afternoon for some bits and DH was at checkout talking to the young girl and when i went over she was talking about the boys, he must have told her we were expecting boy #4 and she was like "OMG how do you cope? I couldnt cope with all boys!" and then they cheeky cow said "What have you do in your life that's so bad you ended up with 4 boys?"

I was so shocked, i didnt know how to respond to that :( Like my boys are a punishment...FFS!!! Why do some people say such nasty things??!!

Mochagirl
July 14th, 2012, 02:24 PM
OMG - I can't believe someone could be both so ignorant and so rude!! I'm sorry you had to hear that, HappyLea - I think everyone here would agree that boys are FABULOUS, and many, many women would envy you having 4 adorable, healthy boys. What a bitch!!!

HappyLea
July 14th, 2012, 02:44 PM
I was in total shock, that she actually said that!!! DH knew it had upset me and rushed to pay and get away, she was a young girl but really come on?? I wont ever be going to her till again, i may have a few choice words if i did, but at the time i couldn't even respond as i was stunned by her comment!

HappyLea
July 14th, 2012, 02:48 PM
My boys are fabulous and the light of my life! They are well behaved (most of the time) :D and we wouldnt be without any one of them. So cute and such little characters, they make me smile everyday and i am lucky to have them.

Hobbermittens
July 14th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Holy crap, I can't believe she said that!! What a rude bitch!! You are SO, SO lucky to have 4 boys--that was what I always wanted. I can't believe that woman would say such a thing to you!

Mochagirl
July 14th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Well, ladies - I think I jinxed myself this week. When my mw asked me how I'm feeling, I told her I felt like this pregnancy was easier than last time in a way because by this point with ds3 I had sciatica and SPD and could barely walk, but this time I was tired and had some general mild aches and pains but that was it. Well...today I think the baby must have dropped, because all of a sudden I'm in loads of pain. Every time I get up I get shooting pains under my belly and around to my lower back. I guess this is round ligament pain, but I'm used to just getting this when I make a sudden movement or sneeze/cough. The way it is now it's excruciating when I first stand up, stays pretty horrible for my first 10 minutes or so walking, and never really disappears unless I'm sitting or lying down. I'm hobbling around like a little old lady, and I still have 2 months to go - as a SAHM of 3 very active boys home for the summer. Ack! I think this summer is about to get a lot more miserable. Hopefully baby will shift and this pain will ease up a bit.

laughinglynxie
July 14th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Oh no, HappyLea, that's so rude of her!! :( I don't even know if I could have contained myself in that situation.

Yeah, same here with summer clothes. I have a couple tank tops and lightweight tees, but I onloy have one pair of shorts...and I don't really like the way I look in them. I still pretty much just wear my non-maternity yoga pants. I found a really nice pair of cotton, flowy-ish, cream-colored pants that I wear if it's SUPER bad outside. I've never really been a fan of wearing shorts anyway.
Mocha, if I wear one of my skirts I have the same problem, so I have to powder my thighs first, hehe!

I bought a new bathing suit top from Old Navy and I LOVE it. I already had comfy bottoms but the top I had last pregnancy was a halter style and I already have enough neck tension issues as it is. ;D

Hobber, I have NO clue why I'm so excited about my Barbies at this age, LOL. When I was young it's just what all my friends had, so I suppose that's what the deal was. BUT I also have a younger brother and played with GI Joe, X-Men, TMNT, etc. a bunch too. :) I think the appeal of the dolls now is that I want to have an ethnically diverse set of them. I would love to find an Asian one at some point.

Hobbermittens
July 14th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Mocha, I'm sorry you are having pains! I get some sciatica too, and it is also when I first stand up or get out of bed. I hope your baby shifts and you get some relief.

Lynxie, sorry if I made you feel bad about the Barbies. :oops: I just am such a tomboy, and always have been, that Barbie grosses me out. Ironically, I do own ONE Barbie, but it is still in the box--it was a gift from a friend when I worked at Pizza Hut in college. It is "Pizza Party Skipper" and she has on a Pizza Hut uniform (though MUCH skimpier than the one I used to wear!), so I was given it as a joke.

TTC5
July 14th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Hobbers, its really exciting that DH felt him move, he has been moving lots today but that maybe due to the fact that i just fancied some coca cola :oops: woke him up straight away!!! I really dont know how you are dealing with your ring being stuck on, as soon as mine feels abit tight and i have to tug it to get it off i go into full panic mode and make it worse to get off. I wouldnt be able to stop trying until it was off, i would have a panic attack...silly things like that get to me. Good Luck for your ultra sound!

Ladies im so jealous of your hot weather, i bought some lovely maxi dresses to wear and not been able to wear any as weather has been pants :( so much rain!!!

DH and I went to sainsburys this afternoon for some bits and DH was at checkout talking to the young girl and when i went over she was talking about the boys, he must have told her we were expecting boy #4 and she was like "OMG how do you cope? I couldnt cope with all boys!" and then they cheeky cow said "What have you do in your life that's so bad you ended up with 4 boys?"

I was so shocked, i didnt know how to respond to that :( Like my boys are a punishment...FFS!!! Why do some people say such nasty things??!!

What a cruel thing to say!!!!! Needless to say, that kind of comment won't attract them very nice karma at all ;)

PeonyPrincess
July 14th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Hobber, I remember drinking a brew when I had fluid retention with DS1. It was dandelion leaf tea. It used to help for a little while...just wondering if that would reduce the puffiness enough to help with your ring?

HappyLea, aren't people insane?! It is often hard to think of a good comeback remark when you are so shocked by what someone says. I often think of the best things later. My boss at work came in to my office when I was less than 20 weeks and said "So do we need to order a bigger chair yet?!" It was his way of trying to be funny/make coversation as he is an awkward type, but talk about inappropriate! I said "No, luckily for me my butt doesn't get big when I'm pg, just my tummy". That was the best thing I could come up with.

BTW, I never had 1 Barbie when I was growing up and I was totally into dolls and anything girly. I have never let my poor mum forget it either. After 3 boys you would think she would have been totally into the girly stuff. I think it was mostly a case of my parents being very frugal with their money, but I even asked for a Barbie for a birthday or Christmas one year. I got a very cheap plastic doll that was not even close to Barbie. I never had a Cabbage Patch Doll either for that matter. I used to befriend all the girls in my neighbourhood as they all had the cool dolls I wanted to play with! I did also love playing cops and robbers with my brothers.

Mocha, I hope those pains settle. Would a support band help?

Took the boys to the circus yesterday. It was awesome! I never went to the circus as a child either! And as my mum is visiting, she came with us as well, so I did point that out to her of course. Poor mum. She was and is the best mum in the world, even without the Barbies and circus trips!

Mochagirl
July 14th, 2012, 09:50 PM
I wondered about a support band. I've never needed one before - not even with my twins - but my muscles aren't what they used to be and maybe they can't take the strain of a baby anymore.

PeonyPrincess
July 15th, 2012, 04:15 AM
One of my friends used one with her first baby. She had twin boys after that but not sure if she used it again with them. She said the physio suggested/organised it for her and she found it really helped. I know what you mean about the muscles not being the same. My bump sits fairly low as I think there are no fabulous muscles left to hold it high! Also, the veins on the back of my legs (especially the left leg for some reason) are really sticking out this time. The body is totally copping a hammering with this pregnancy! All for a good cause I tell myself.

pinkin2011
July 15th, 2012, 04:26 AM
why is my baby still the size of a papaya? has been for like 3 weeks?

TTC5
July 15th, 2012, 06:34 AM
pinkin - lol :P

Mochagirl
July 15th, 2012, 06:41 AM
Yeah, the food comparisons start lasting a month when you get far enough along. I felt like my baby was an eggplant forever!

pinkin2011
July 15th, 2012, 08:14 AM
seriously tho My baby has most def grown in 3 weeks I can tell that much! I think I will be having a big one this time!

laughinglynxie
July 15th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Hobber, no worries! I thought your comment was funny. :)

I've never used a support band or hose either...but I noticed on Friday when I was working on the house that my right leg was getting pressure/painful tinglies down the back of it. Never had that happen before. Last preg I just got really swollen.

Hobbermittens
July 15th, 2012, 11:52 AM
I have a support band, but it doesn't really do much. Maybe I am beyond help! I am carrying so low, my Dr. even commented on it. I am super uncomfortable already, and it will only get worse!

Still no luck with the ring. Peony, was the stuff you drank just straight dandelion leaf tea? I will look for some. I am desperate at this point!

Hobbermittens
July 16th, 2012, 12:30 AM
I have another ultrasound tomorrow. I am hoping everything looks good with the baby!! I am going to make sure the tech doesn't reveal the gender--they were good last time, and I kept my eyes closed for most of the scan. I will probably do the same thing tomorrow, so I don't see anything by accident!!

TTC5
July 16th, 2012, 06:21 AM
All the best for tomorrow Hobbers :)

Has anyone heard from MFC or Flava yet?? I am assuming Flava is having another girl and having a hard time dealing with it or am I wrong.... :(

HappyLea
July 16th, 2012, 08:50 AM
I too had a support belt in my last pregnancy with DS3, given to me by the physio and i found that it didnt help with my pelvis/back pain at all. I think i was beyond help then too!

This pregnancy tho, i have been ok. If i do too much housework etc then in the evening i will be in agony with my lower back and pelvis pain but i havent used the belt at all.

Hobbers, goodluck for your u/s tomorrow and so sorry you still haven't had any luck with your ring.

Mochagirl
July 16th, 2012, 09:18 AM
I heard Flava is taking a break from the site. Considering her raw emotions in the weeks before she left I fear she's dealing with GD again too. I hope she knows we're all thinking of her and wish her the best!

auroara78
July 16th, 2012, 10:54 AM
I'm not so certain Flava is having a girl this time, I think it could be a boy, but she had alot of depression type issues and I don't believe she felt she was getting the right kind of support. I would eventually love to know what she's having and to see her on here again.

Good luck on scan, Hobbers!! Hope bubs is doing great.

atomic sagebrush
July 16th, 2012, 11:03 AM
All the best for tomorrow Hobbers :)

Has anyone heard from MFC or Flava yet?? I am assuming Flava is having another girl and having a hard time dealing with it or am I wrong.... :(

That's what I think as well TTC. :( I think she posted somewhere I don't normally read and then had her feelings hurt when I didn't reply to her, then the post was gone so I don't know what happened. She hasn't been on FB either.

atomic sagebrush
July 16th, 2012, 11:04 AM
I have another ultrasound tomorrow. I am hoping everything looks good with the baby!! I am going to make sure the tech doesn't reveal the gender--they were good last time, and I kept my eyes closed for most of the scan. I will probably do the same thing tomorrow, so I don't see anything by accident!!

Good luck! Hope you see a happy healthy baby and nothing more! :)

PeonyPrincess
July 16th, 2012, 04:30 PM
GL with the scan Hobber. It is so nice to see them squirming in there and looking cute.
Yes, it was just dandelion leaf tea. I bought the leaves and then made it up myself. I would always check when you buy it that it is ok to take as some herbal remedies are combined with other ones that aren't recommended in pregnancy. I hated the fluid retention in my first pregnancy. I won't be surprised if I get it this time too as our hot and humid weather really hits by October. I think I will just alternate between sitting in the air-con or floating in the pool!

TTC5
July 16th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Yeah noticed her signature has anything boy removed from it. I really hope she is ok!!!!

Hobbermittens
July 17th, 2012, 01:14 AM
My u/s was okay. It was pretty short--they just measured the baby and said it was growing on track. I was hoping to get some good 3D pictures, but the baby is already head down, and really far down in my pelvis, so the tech had to tilt the chair upside down so I was almost on my head, practically, to get any sort of picture. You can see the face pretty well, and I swear it looks like a girl. I saw no gender clues, though. After the tech had looked in that region, though, I did ask if the butt was on my left/middle because I keep feeling something hard right there when I press on my stomach. She said, "Yes, do you want to see?" and started moving the wand there, and i closed my eyes and said, "No, don't show me, I don't want to see anything by accident!" and she said, "I can show you without giving anything away." which made feel like it must be a girl, right? I mean, a boy would be easy to see from any angle, wouldn't it? :(

pinkin2011
July 17th, 2012, 04:07 AM
no i doubt that because when i was preg with ds1 i had a growth scan at 30 weeks I told the tech that we were having a boy and he said oh really? did they tell you that at 20 weeks?... I said yep! He said well i think I can see 2 testicles but I cant see his penis so I would still assume boy... And well hes a Boy! So really what your tech said could mean either gender they would have to get right between the legs to show you

TTC5
July 17th, 2012, 04:41 AM
Hobbers, no not necessarily!

HappyLea
July 17th, 2012, 05:29 AM
Not necessarily Hobbers, I knows its a little different but at my 20 week scan tech couldnt see anything at all, so couldn't tell me gender. 3 weeks later at another scan we saw everything i dont know how he hid his goods at the 20 week scan to be honest!!!
So could still be boy and hiding his goods :D

Hobbermittens
July 17th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Well, I hope you all are right, but I am convinced now more than ever that it is a girl! Oh well, at least the baby looks healthy, and everything was measuring correctly. They even checked my cervix because I had all that cramping last week, and everything looked good there, too.

laughinglynxie
July 17th, 2012, 01:55 PM
So glad that everything went well, Hobbers! Healthy baby and mommy is a big relief. :)

I think (and hope!!) it sounds like the tech just meant she would be able to angle it in such a way it would be mostly back/butt! And I think from a lot of angles, testicles and labia can look a lot a like (if you can't see a penis) since they are both so swollen at first.

auroara78
July 17th, 2012, 02:57 PM
I don't think so either Hobbers...I think you still have a ton of hope :) Still feel the blue for you!

Well I finished book 1 of Fifty shades. It was OK, think I'm going to wait to read book 2 and 3 when I'm either not pregnant or until someone gives me a free copy. Really won't shell out 11 bucks for each of the last two books. For some reason, I generally do get turned off of reading anything sexually orientated all during preg, esp during the last stage, when I'm so big I feel like a house and I feel about as un-sexy as can be.

Speaking of good books to read when pregnant, when I was huge with DS1, just days from giving birth to him, I read the book "The Other Boleyn girl" and this is totally mental, I know, but when she is describing how important having a son is to King Henry the 8th, and described all about how important a male heir was, it made me feel a ton better about having a boy! I know that is so crazy, but I had always just wanted girls, and then reading a book where the baby boy was like this long-sought after dream made me feel like royality, lol. It was one of the first things that helped me with perspective on gender issues, since I felt like everyone around me wnated girls too, and since my sisters had had so many sons, having a boy was like adding more boys to an already boy heavy family, so reading the book helped shift my persepctive that some people really value what I was having!

Oh and another note, I'm measuring a month ahead, and my OB is firm now on NO vbac attempt, because the baby's going to be 9 lbs ++ (he thinks), and so now I have a decision to make to stay with him or find someone else, but I didn't have painful or problem C-sections, and my insurance is already tied up with him, and we don't have much money to be looking for a new OB...so thinking of just sticking with it, I guess.

auroara78
July 17th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Anyone having a child that stalks them?

DS1 who is 4 (be 5 in October) is like my shadow whenever I'm home now. He stalks me everywhere, even in the bathroom! He wants to take showers with me (not sure why...) but he is constantly by my side...is this normal for his age? When I ask him why he's staying so close, he just says "oh mommy you're my best friend" or "i love you" or "i Just wanna come along"...

good news is that DS1 got into preschool for the Fall and I'm excited for him to get out of the house some and start socializing a lot more! I think it's going to be good, since Lillian will be born in the Fall too and he won't have to home all day, feeling left out while my husband and I scramble with the new baby and troublemaker DS2.

Hobbermittens
July 17th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the reassurance, everyone. It helps a little but.

Auroara, my DD2 is like your DS1. She is always following me everywhere, and in the morning, she wakes up and MAKES me get up with her! DH is always awake before me, and so it isn't like she would be alone. She just wants me. She stands at the end of my bed and yells, "Mom! Get up!" and screams if I don't. It is horrible.

Mochagirl
July 17th, 2012, 06:00 PM
auroara - I know what you mean about that book making you feel better about having boys. Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong generation. We would have been revered for our ability to make so many healthy sons in another time.

One of my DSs is extremely clingy too and he's 6! He crawls into bed with us every night, and doesn't want to be anywhere in the house unless I'm there too. For example, when I want him to get dressed, he won't go to his room to do it unless I come upstairs too. It can be very tiring, especially while pregnant.

Hobbermittens
July 17th, 2012, 06:11 PM
I know I don't know for sure this babyis a girl, but I just know it is, and the GD is starting to bother me a lot. :( I wish I didn't have regrets about my sway. That is what is eating me up the most. I really wanted to go into this with nothing hanging over me, but it didn't work out that way. I screwed up my timing/frequency. That's what I regret so much. We didn't DTD enough, and I don't think we DTD on O day (don't know for sure because of wacky temps). I feel like if we had DTD on O day, and had DTD at least one more time in the fertile window, I would feel like I had a better sway. It should have worked out that way, but I think I O'ed early and didn't get enough attempts in.

I should have done what I did to get my son, which was DTD every day for 5 or 6 days in a row, but I was worried that it might be "girl frequency", so I went for every other day instead. I regret that so much now. I wish I hadn't heard of swaying and had just tried on my own. I probably would have had a better chance for a boy if I didn't screw up what worked last time.

I wish I could stop thinking about all of this, but I can't. :( it is haunting me. This was my last shot, and I didn't do it right. Now I get to live with that for the rest of my life.:tissue:

Mochagirl
July 17th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Hobber - I'm sorry you're feeling so down. I am completely convinced that timing makes no difference whatsoever. My timing for DS3 and DD were almost identical.

As for frequency, DH and I DTD for 6 days straight when we conceived this little girl, so I don't think that would necessarily have made a difference to your sway either.

You had a good sway, and you still have a great chance of this baby being a boy. I'm constantly sending you heaps of blue dust!

Hobbermittens
July 17th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Thanks, Mocha. It helps to hear about your sway stuff too. Didn't your DH abstain or do FR for your girl sway, though?

I am sorry to be a pain and keep harping on this when I don't even have confirmation of gender! It probably seems ridiculous to everyone. Honestly, though, this kind of "what if" GD is better than what I would be feeling if I knew for sure.

TTC5
July 17th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Big hugs Hobbers x x

Myloves
July 17th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Speaking of good books to read when pregnant, when I was huge with DS1, just days from giving birth to him, I read the book "The Other Boleyn girl" and this is totally mental, I know, but when she is describing how important having a son is to King Henry the 8th, and described all about how important a male heir was, it made me feel a ton better about having a boy! I know that is so crazy, but I had always just wanted girls, and then reading a book where the baby boy was like this long-sought after dream made me feel like royality, lol. It was one of the first things that helped me with perspective on gender issues, since I felt like everyone around me wnated girls too, and since my sisters had had so many sons, having a boy was like adding more boys to an already boy heavy family, so reading the book helped shift my persepctive that some people really value what I was having!

I know what you mean Aurora. It feels good to hear that boys are appreciated, but at the same time it leaves a bad taste in my mouth when I think of how badly daughters were treated in comparison during those days (and nowadays too, in developing countries).

I live in an area where everyone (even my family and friends) want sons. They were super excited for me when I was having my first two, but when dd was born no-one cared as much. I thought the fact that since boys were favored it would help me with my gd, but it didn't. Instead, it really pissed me off actually. In a way, it actually fueled my gd and made me not want boys even more at the time (because I thought any future girl I might have would not favored in the same way).

I just wish both genders were appreciated - with no-one favoring one over the other, not girls or boys kwim?

Myloves
July 17th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Hobbermittens, I was so sure my ds2 was a girl! I even thought his u/s looked girly. But he's all boy! There's no guarantee your LO is a girl yet! :bighug:

Mochagirl
July 17th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Thanks, Mocha. It helps to hear about your sway stuff too. Didn't your DH abstain or do FR for your girl sway, though?

Yes, we did do fr before we started our attempts, so maybe it is a bit different. But the main point is don't drive yourself crazy second guessing your sway. We all had things about our sway that didn't go perfectly. I was convinced we'd dtd too many times to get a girl, and here I am having one. Think of the things you DID do, not the things you didn't do. I'm really thinking you could have a little boy in there :luck:.

Hobbermittens
July 17th, 2012, 10:59 PM
Yes, we did do fr before we started our attempts, so maybe it is a bit different. But the main point is don't drive yourself crazy second guessing your sway. We all had things about our sway that didn't go perfectly. I was convinced we'd dtd too many times to get a girl, and here I am having one. Think of the things you DID do, not the things you didn't do. I'm really thinking you could have a little boy in there :luck:.

Oh, yeah, I think FR would make a huge difference.

I did do a lot of stuff. I know. I changed my diet drastically, I did all those supps and drinks, etc. But hindsight is 20/20, you know? The more I think about it, the more I think (for me, anyway) that frequency makes a huge difference. I got both my DDs from one time "oops" BDs, and my son we really tried for and did lots of BDing. I should have paid more attention to that at the time. Because at most we got 3 attempts in, at worst 2 (I will never really know which because I am not sure when I O'ed). I just don't think that was enough.

pinkin2011
July 18th, 2012, 01:50 AM
Hob I only did one attempt and d/h did fr LOTS and look at what I am having! With ds1 we dtd like everyday for the month!! so both mine were concieved with way different patterns

HappyLea
July 18th, 2012, 03:04 AM
Well my DS3 and this one were complete opposite patterns and both boys. DS3 was abstain with one attempt with about 4/5 day cut off. And this one was frequent with lots of attempts with splime and of course all the supps and creams etc but he is all boy also.

DS2 is my clingy boy, he isnt so lcingy in the house but if i go shopping he is the one that wants to come with me. If they all go to nannies house next door, he is the one to say 'i want to go home to mummy'.

auroara78
July 18th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Hobbers I understand how you are worried, but I still think on US DS1 looks more girly than even this girl! You'd be surprised and you've seen pics of my DS1...he is def. a pretty boy...I think you just have a pretty boy in there :)

Also, the frequency I had was perfect boy frequency but it was all the sex my DH could have, and I worried about it so much, because I didn't think we were loweirng his sperm count enough, but I think his being overweight and drinking heavily at the time really helped my sway, when at the time, I felt doomed that we could do nothing else but make boys because we didn't do FR or abstain. When you think about it, tons of ppl concieve both genders all the time and they do nothing strange or different...I still really believe in the boy for you, but I understand that you're going thru a moment here :) hope you feel better today....

myloves, it does get me so upset to hear about women / girls being worst than men, and it really, really upsets when I hear stories of Chinese officals going into Chinese villages and doing ultrasounds and aborting even a 8 month old pregnacy because the gender is a girl. I really think China needs to a do a different method to control population rather than single out females and terminate them. I think it's really wrong too when any culture has an emphasis on any gender. I feel in the USA that girls are also at a disadvantage because everyone wants them, but they have that whole Princess pop culture, which is OK, but some of it is very insidious and I worry about the ideas we're giving the girls, that looking pretty, having big tits, and getting a man is all that matters.

It's like the old thing: if a high school sleeps around a lot, he's considered to be a "catch" or "popular", if a girl does the same in high school, there's a good chance she'll be branded with a very ugly name. My thing is: they are both doing it, but one is praised, almost patted on the back, the other is mostly scorned at or laughed at behind her back. It's def. not fair.

laughinglynxie
July 18th, 2012, 11:49 AM
As far as clingy kiddos, my DS1 (he's 2.5) is super lovey and attached. It's fine most of the time but I definitely would like to have alone time in the bathroom!

As far as frequency, etc. for baby-making, I feel it was just all up in the air with my son (and at that point I didn't have any idea what swaying was). I had a very girl-ish diet, we only DTD once (think it was right at O time), and we maybe only had sex one other time before that. With this one, my diet was WAY different - I am a very paleo-style eater because of gluten issues and I didn't really change it that much towards the benefit of girl (other than artificial sweeteners, I love Diet Coke). We did abstain until attempt and only tried once with a little cutt-off... but I was pretty laid back about it because my hubby wanted another boy and I didn't want him to think I was back-stabbing him or something, LOL.

So I dunno! Everyone's body is so different and every baby is so different...it's hard to just nail it down to any certain thing. Many hugs to you, Hobber!!

dloui128
July 18th, 2012, 01:47 PM
My u/s was okay. It was pretty short--they just measured the baby and said it was growing on track. I was hoping to get some good 3D pictures, but the baby is already head down, and really far down in my pelvis, so the tech had to tilt the chair upside down so I was almost on my head, practically, to get any sort of picture. You can see the face pretty well, and I swear it looks like a girl. I saw no gender clues, though. After the tech had looked in that region, though, I did ask if the butt was on my left/middle because I keep feeling something hard right there when I press on my stomach. She said, "Yes, do you want to see?" and started moving the wand there, and i closed my eyes and said, "No, don't show me, I don't want to see anything by accident!" and she said, "I can show you without giving anything away." which made feel like it must be a girl, right? I mean, a boy would be easy to see from any angle, wouldn't it? :(

I just wanted to jump on here and say I had a u/s today and the tech gave me a butt shot and you can't tell that he is a boy, the only way you could see he is a boy is when she looked right between the legs, if you want me to post so you can see I will, let me know

Hobbermittens
July 19th, 2012, 10:30 AM
I just wanted to jump on here and say I had a u/s today and the tech gave me a butt shot and you can't tell that he is a boy, the only way you could see he is a boy is when she looked right between the legs, if you want me to post so you can see I will, let me know

YES! Please post it if you don't mind! Thank you!!

dloui128
July 19th, 2012, 11:01 AM
YES! Please post it if you don't mind! Thank you!!

Ok I'm on my way to take the kids to the zoo right now so I will post it on here as soon as I get home

dloui128
July 19th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Ok here they are, the first one is the cord between his legs

nuthinbutpink
July 19th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Hobber, you cannot tell without seeing what you are carrying...every chance in the world that you are pregnant with another boy. Don't be so hard on yourself.

auroara78
July 19th, 2012, 04:57 PM
I am crushed right now.

Our kitchen, ulility room and 1/2 bath got flooded with 2 inches of water and while we got all the obvious water out, my Dad won't help me pay the 500 dollar deductible to get it fixed through our homeowner's insurance. (I am just worried about damage that we 'can't' see), he just said to use towels and clean it best we can. Then he went on a huge rant that was very hurtful because we just found out our newest car (2007 honda fit) cannot hold 3 car seats, and a few days ago, I hinted to my mom and she asked him if they could just buy us a new car to replace our oldest car (96 nissan sentra) so when i talked to him today about the 500 dollar deductible, he went on this huge and very mean rant, my Dad is very quiet, but he said my husband and I were idiots who didnt think ahead, and that I shouldn't be pregnant right now having a 3rd child when we cannot afford anything, and he's not a one stop shop, and he went on and on, really really mean about my DH and our lifestyle.

Between this and some other really bad things lately (our newest car is having issues after getting it looked at last week at the dealership), and some other help that got taken away from us, I am just feeling stunned and hurt about money. I have NO IDEA how we are going to get some of our bills paid, I don't know how this is going to work....for some reason, I just thought my Dad wold take it better about the possibliby about helping us get a newer, bigger car but his mean words today...was just a huge wakeup call.

Seriously, I just want to crawl under a rock and stay there....why does life have to be so hard? I know there are good things obviously: i'm still looking forward to meeting new baby, my two sons give me lots of joy, my DH and I have a good relationship, but money is just crushing my soul.

You cannot live without money...I'm just now figuring that out.

Hobbermittens
July 19th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Dloui, thanks for posting those pictures! I was thinking more of a butt shot from behind/underneath, but I guess I hadn't considered the baby might be laying on its side.

Hobbermittens
July 19th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Hobber, you cannot tell without seeing what you are carrying...every chance in the world that you are pregnant with another boy. Don't be so hard on yourself.

Thank you, NBP. I just have a feeling it's a girl. I hope with all that I have that I am wrong, though!!

Hobbermittens
July 19th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Auroara, when I was pregnant with DD2 we had to upgrade to a bigger car (from a Subaru wagon to a Chevy Tahoe). We got our car used and it was pretty affordable, and luckily has room for #4 as well, so we can keep using it. We were in a bad financial situation at the time, so I still have no idea why the bank gave us the loan! If you can't get a new car np matter what, can you figure out a way to fit everyone in the other car--like is your DS1 big enough for a booster? Now that my oldest two can use boosters, we can cram the three of them in the Subaru if we have to (DH kept our Subaru for his work car).

Money stuff sucks! I hate being behind on bills, and having to ask parents for help (we have been there many times). You will get through it, but it is stressful to have to be in the thick of it. We had a really rough time when I was pregnant with DD2; DH got laid off, and I was trying to pay for everything with my babysitting money, and it was awful! But we got through it, and you will too.

Have you looked into programs like WIC? The income cap for a family of 5 is really pretty high. That might help you while times are tight.

TTC5
July 19th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Oh dloui, look at those perfect little feet soooo cute!!

Mochagirl
July 19th, 2012, 06:10 PM
:hugs: auroara. Money woes are awful. It's the single biggest cause of fights between dh and myself. He has a good salary, but we're swimming in debt and are house poor. Every month something comes up (like finding out we owed $1000 in taxes this year while all our friends were getting refunds) which means we can't chop away at our debt and instead watch it keep growing.

I really hope you and dh can figure it out. These are the lean times, but you'll have the love of your kids forever. My parents had no money when my brothers and I were little, but by the time I was a teenager (as you know, I'm the youngest) they were quite comfortable. Just do what you can to get through these tough times, and hopefully your dad will reconsider and help you out.

auroara78
July 19th, 2012, 11:06 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind wishes :awe:

I did get a hold of my homeowner's insuracne actual claim dept and they said there will no cost to us to get it looked at / and fixed. So, the 500 deductilbe thing came from one of the ppl who we called to inquire about the cost of fixing it, not from the insurance themsleves. So I feel like I jumped the gun by talking to my parents before I knew all the details, I guess it's my fault too for being so used to calling them to 'bail me out' all the time. I am so happy that the insurance is going to cover it! The washing machine itself will be inspected to see if it was a manufactor's error.

Also Hobbers that is another reason I am so devestated this week but didn't want to admit it, is because of WIC. We were on WIC since Jan (when my husband left his job) and it's helped us out Soooooo much. But we had an appt for them today and I called yesterday to verify a question, and they said we missed our appt (though on our WIC folder the WIC lady clearly wrote 7/19/12 at 2;15 in, they had in their computer that we were supposed to come in on 7/5/12. So we 'missed' our appt and now they are making us wait until Oct 29th!! By then, DS1 won't qualify (he turns 5 in Oct) and we'll need help with formula since I can't BF (long story), so the only thing they said is that we can call their supervisor on Monday and if she wont' change the appt to earlier, then we can call everyday to see if there's a cancelletion, which we will need, since WIC helps us out extraordinarily. I cannot imagine our food bills without the help right now.

My DH has been serious about part time job hunting now, but he's still rather picky. I just am :pray: this all works out somehow....

And I'm sorry for all the typos and the mistakes in my writing tonight...this night and I have just had it!

pinkin2011
July 20th, 2012, 03:51 AM
So I just got back from my ob appointment... Baby measuring right now so I was 25 cm and I am 25 weeks tomorrow. I have to get a blood test done for ICP in pregnancy I am 99 percent sure I have it again my palms are hot and itchy and my soles of my feet are too plus a bit itchy in a few other places so I just hope it doesnt get too bad! My bp was sot on so very happy about that!

PeonyPrincess
July 20th, 2012, 06:24 AM
Pinkin, did you end up having to take antihypertensives? Or has your BP settled on its own? So good to hear it is going well. FX for your ICP blood test. I know you were worried about having that again as it was so horrible last time.

pinkin2011
July 20th, 2012, 06:46 AM
My blood pressure has been fine it was only high that once but I had a very stressful week that week so no suprise!
As for the ICP I am pretty sure it is that only because my symptoms seem the same as last time just not quite as bad yet.. The test can confirm it but my ob did say that sometimes it wont show on the test stright away but that doesnt mean I dont have it.. Oh gee i hope it doesnt get much worse I have longer then last time to deal with it because last preg I was 33 weeks when I got it!

Mochagirl
July 20th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Auroara - I'm soooooo glad the insurance is covering the damage!

Pinkin - I'm happy your BP was normal. Good luck with the ICP test.

Hobbermittens
July 20th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Pinkin, is ICP that liver thing? A friend of mine had that, and they made her deliver early. I hope you don't have it! Also, thanks for sharing your timing/frequency info--I am still beating myself up, but it helps to hear stories like yours!

Auroara, glad your insurance will help you out! As for the WIC, I can't believe they are giving you such a hard time--weird. I've missed an appt before and they just tell me to make it up at a different time in a different place--they go to all the towns around us and so I just have to drive a ways to somewhere else where an appt is available. I hope you are able to get in before October!

auroara78
July 20th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Well we heard back from insurance today and there still is a 500 dollar deductible we have to pay but now that our floor is already pulled up and destroyed, it is too late to say no now :(

We'll just have to put it on a high credit card and hope for the best. The good news is that if it was a washing machine defect, they will have the faulty piece anyalzed and if it is truly the washing machine's fault, they'll make the company (GE) in this case reinburst us for the 500 dollars. So it's still unclear whether we'll end up with paying the 500 dollars or the insuracne will make GE cover the deductible since the damage is surely caused by a faulty mechianism. The hoses and everything was connected right, water was ********* out from the top of the lid, so it was obviosuly some kind of internal valve that didn't shut off right.

I'm not even going to tell my parents about the 500 dollar deductible, because Dad will think I'm hinting for money again, and it will just stress my mom out that we went behind their back to do it, because they kept saying that it wasn't a big deal and use towels, but the water restoration crew found a lot of water damage that would have potentially turned into mold/mildew and with a new baby coming in two months, even if we end up with the 500 dollar bill, I still think it will be worth it in the end to take care of the problem the right way, get the water cleaned up and the floors restored...it will be a healthier house, and I'm still sorry my parents do not understand the importance of taking care of our house, or the fact that it was a LOT of water.

Sorry for the long rant...I am just feeling so out of bounds this week, and I keep feeling so much pressure down low, and I think I replied with this on another thread, but Lillian is measuring a good month ahead, which is somewhat concerning to my OB. She is huge, I feel huge, and I keep getting a lot of pressure and pelvic pain. I just hope all this stuff with the house is fixed before we have her!

And Hobbers, I still cannot believe WIC is trying to play us that way...I am determined to get an earlier appt or make them give us checks, since we really need those to help us pay our food bills. I am excited that my DH has been applying for part time jobs too....part time work will start to make a dent in the bills!

Mochagirl
July 20th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Oh auroara - sorry about that deductible, but you definitely made the right decision to tear up the floors. Hopefully they'll find the washing machine was defective and you won't have to pay the $500!

pinkin2011
July 20th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Hob, Yeah its the liver thing I had it pretty bad with ds1 but with him I never actually told my ob or midwife until I was 38 weeks because i thought it was normal due to the fact that all preg people i knew were itchy!! But I guess not the same itchy as I was... I dont seem to get it on my tummy the hands and feet are a give away esp how they get so hot .. I am just going to continue walking everyday and try not to eat too much fatty food , that can make it worse as in the itch

Getting back to the timing thing I doubt I ever have much chance for a girl I did two totally different things and 2 boys!

PeonyPrincess
July 21st, 2012, 04:46 AM
Auroara, I had to cut my messages short yesterday as there were too many people around. It sounds horrible and stressful what you are going through. I hope your DH can find a part-time job to ease the pressure a bit and I hope you can do it all on your own and show your parents that you managed a difficult situation without them. Extra financial worries are not what you need at the moment, so I hope you get a break soon and things fall into place.

My friend flew home this afternoon, so that is the last of my visitors. Partly relieved to get back to normality but it was wonderful having her here. She is such a fun person to be around. At the horse races on Wednesday she won $600 on a mystery pick ticket. She had only spent $4.50 on the ticket and won the trifecta. It was insane and she took our table of 6 out for dinner afterwards and insisted on paying for everything. I told her I will fly her back when the baby comes as she is a much bigger help than the grandparents were! Lol. DS1 has woken with a fever this afternoon. The kids go back to school on Tuesday. It feels like they were sick for most of this 4 week break.

I hope these growing babies and tummies are kind to their mummies! It is not easy being a breeding machine.

Mochagirl
July 21st, 2012, 06:56 PM

32 weeks!!

NeedAGirl!
July 21st, 2012, 07:53 PM
Totally OT question for UK moms - we are planning a trip to the UK - London, smaller towns and Ireland. We will be bringing this baby girl with us. She will be about 6 months old. We will be traveling by plane, train and car. I have heard mixed things about having a stroller. Is it a pain? Is it a necessity? Is it better to have a stroller that is super light and can fold small or one that has bigger wheels? Thanks!!!

PeonyPrincess
July 21st, 2012, 09:56 PM
You look very compact Mocha! Super cute.

NeedAGirl, that trip sounds fabulous. I can't say for sure if a stroller would be perfect in the UK, but I would've thought that either that or a Baby Bjorn would be a necessity. I have had my Maclaren Techno XT stroller since my DS1 was born and I love it and it is super light and easy to fold with 1 hand. GL!

Hobbermittens
July 21st, 2012, 10:29 PM
Mocha, I can't get over how high you are carrying! My belly is SOOOOO low! You look super cute!

Peony, how lucky that your friend won all that money--I never win anything! Sounds like she was super generous with it--what a nice friend!

PeonyPrincess
July 22nd, 2012, 04:23 AM
I'm like you Hobber. Some people are definitely luckier than others. Last year the same friend won $250 at the Ladies Day races, so she has that natural luck. Yes it was so nice of her to share her winnings with us. She is always very generous and paid for me to have a pedicure as well. We always argue about paying for things!

TTC5
July 22nd, 2012, 05:28 AM
Looking fab Mocha!

Hobbermittens
July 22nd, 2012, 12:26 PM
I'm like you Hobber. Some people are definitely luckier than others. Last year the same friend won $250 at the Ladies Day races, so she has that natural luck. Yes it was so nice of her to share her winnings with us. She is always very generous and paid for me to have a pedicure as well. We always argue about paying for things!

My MIL is like that. SHe has a magic touch! She wins stuff all the time. Her mom (DH's grandma) is the same way. She says it is passed down on the women's side of the family, so she claims my daughters will have the same luck--so far DD1 has won a few things here and there (raffles, etc) but obviously, she is too young to gamble!

Hobbermittens
July 22nd, 2012, 01:20 PM
I had a dream last night that we couldn't agree on a girl's name, until DH suggested "Tuesday". In my dream, it seemed like the perfect name! I thought about it when I woke up. I am not sure I would name my baby after that day of the week.... wouldn't Friday be a better name?? :rofl:

Mochagirl
July 22nd, 2012, 02:29 PM
Mocha, I can't get over how high you are carrying! My belly is SOOOOO low! You look super cute!

I think maybe she's lying transverse right now - in the last couple of days my pelvic pain has eased up dramatically and I also regularly feel big movements on both sides of my belly simultaneously.

Hobbermittens
July 22nd, 2012, 03:25 PM
My baby is head down already. I hope it stays that way! I can feel where the butt is and feet, and the hands are really low, and I am having a ton of weird, low pain. It sucks! You are lucky, Mocha! Maybe Sadie is giving you a break for a while. :)

Mochagirl
July 22nd, 2012, 03:30 PM
She's still somersaulting all over the place. She was breech for a while, then was head down for a couple of weeks (that was when my pelvic pain was horrible), and now I'm fairly sure she's sideways. I'm enjoying the break from the pain, as long as she moves her head back down again before it gets too crowded in there for her to move!

Hobbermittens
July 22nd, 2012, 08:57 PM
Pinkin, what exactly does that ICP thing feel like? I have been really itchy today, and that was the first thing I thought of. :worry:

Mochagirl
July 22nd, 2012, 09:05 PM
I know very little about ICP, except I think I remember the itchiness is usually localized on your hands and feet. I could be wrong, though - I'm sure pinkin will chime in.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
July 22nd, 2012, 09:29 PM
I had it with 3 of my 4 pregnancies. I had to deliver between 37 and 38 weeks. My hands didn't get that itchy, but my feet and ankles were horribly itchy. I made them bleed from scratching. My blood pressure was all over the place when I got it with my 1st pregnancy. I never tested positive for it after that, but always got itchy everywhere from about 33 weeks. I didn't get it with my last pregnancy. I had to take certain meds to help with the itching, but I can't remember what they were. If you think you may have it, get the bloodwork done. I think they check your bile salts, and something else too. I'm sorry my memory is terrible with this. I also got a bad pain in my side with my first, and after all was said and done, read that it was another sign of ICP. I thought I broke my rib and didn't know how I was going to push during labor. I went to the hospital and nothing was wrong. They didn't know that I had ICP yet. If you have any questions I can try to answer them. I did so much research about this when it happened. A great website...itchymoms.com.

pinkin2011
July 22nd, 2012, 11:09 PM
Hob My feet and hands are itchy and kind of a hot feeling.. I am a bit itchy on my back and legs aswell but the hands and feet are a dead give away plus you feel just horrible headache and just yuck.. I would mention it to your ob if it doesnt go away.

pinkin2011
July 22nd, 2012, 11:13 PM
The itchymoms website is good... I am taking phenergan at bed time which my ob gave me she did say there is another drug they give but i should try and get into my 30 + weeks before taking that one. With my first ds I got it at about 33 weeks so I am shattered I have signs of it now..

Hobbermittens
July 22nd, 2012, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the info ladies. I am starting to really worry! All the stuff I am reading says it can cause still birth! :worry:

I am going to call the Dr. tomorrow and see if they will test me. I am not sure if I am getting itchier now because I have been thinking about it too much, or because something is really wrong.... :(

pinkin2011
July 23rd, 2012, 12:05 AM
It can cause still birth thats why they induce you early.. With my ds1 my bllod work came back positive but my ob did say that you can come back neg and still have it.
Where are you itchy?

Hobbermittens
July 23rd, 2012, 01:14 AM
Well, I feel itchy everywhere, some on my feet and legs and back and boobs.... does it feel like an itch you can't scratch? That's what I keep reading on the internet. I can definitely get relief from scratching.

pinkin2011
July 23rd, 2012, 01:48 AM
it doesnt go away and there wont be a rash my palms do get a bit red but they are hot. And its the same on the sole of my feet they are itchy and hot... I find my legs gets itchy and my back and shoulders.. I have the usual first off symptoms of it as in palms of my hands and soles of feet. I am getting a blood test done on friday so will see how I go, oh and my head is itchy. I remember with ds1 I would wake up in the morning and scratch my feet on the side of my bed and id sit in the bath and scratch my legs to bits.. I am not that bad YET!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
July 23rd, 2012, 06:44 AM
I had amnio's to check for lung maturity with ds 2 at 36 and 37 weeks. His lungs weren't ready, but they did end up inducing at 38 weeks. It can cause you to have a stillborn baby. That's why they want to induce early. Def call your doc. Good luck. I hate ICP. It didn't stop me from having babies, but it was very scary. I needed NST's every few days too. Be persistent if the tests come back negative. A few of the docs in my practive said I didn't have it with ds2 and dd but my doc said she wasn't taking any chances.

auroara78
July 23rd, 2012, 11:37 AM
Our kitchen half bath and uliltiy room has been deconstructed as the subfloors are drying. The only appliance left is the fridge, thank God, since Evan still needs his whole milk for his development. It is a pain in the butt believe it or not to rely on most of your food intake from the cupboards and things in the fridge that don't have to be heated up (like fruit), we've been eating a lot of take out and I'm so sick of the salty food, lol. I miss my husband's home cooked meals. Hoping today's moisture check goes well so they can start rebuilding our kitchen and the other areas!

Just found out from a co worker that they are planning to throw me a baby shower here at work. I think that's super sweet and I can't wait to see all the girly things they'll get!! Plus, I'm having a very small family one on Aug 11th (just my sisters and cousins, only family) and that should be fun too.

I've talked to Mom and she said that Dad's less grouchy now, but my brother is now asking for money. My brother had an 80K a year a job but got laid off by the government and now he's working as a retail manager for only about 30K. Even though he had a nice salary he's been a spender his whole life and never saved much, so now they are really hurting. She said that might have been while he over-reacted to me was that the fact that my brother is always trying to get money. My parents have a ton of money but I guess my Dad thinks that we should wait until they are passed away and see what the inheritence is....my brother supposedly said "just subtract mine now from me." lol, so I don't feel as bad asking them for money if he's doing it too, which I'm not going to.

I'm thinking of just balance transferring the 3K balance on the 14 percent interest credit card to one of my other cards that's offering a 0 APR for two years on a balance tranfer. That way, I don't have to worry or stress about the extra 40-50 dollars a month being piled up by interest, and I can work on a solution to pay down the debt without MORE interest. I am trying to be creative with money. I got a few things up on ebay atm, and hoping to sell them. Am hopeful money may turn around soon. :pray:

How is everyone else doing? I think baby is lying transverse as I don't feel head down low, I feel like big movements on both sides of my belly all the time. I also feel either a hand or a foot constantly poke out on the very top, so maybe I"m wrong and she is head down, but doesn't feel that way. Anyone good about knowing how to tell where the baby is in the womb?

Hobbermittens
July 23rd, 2012, 05:47 PM
I just got back from the Dr. They drew blood to do a liver test, and hopefully the results will be back tomorrow. FX it is just normal pregnancy itching and not ICP!

Mochagirl
July 23rd, 2012, 05:58 PM
My fingers are crossed for you, hobber!

Hobbermittens
July 23rd, 2012, 06:18 PM
Auroara, glad things are moving forward with the fixing house stuff! Hopefully it won't take too long. As far as the money stuff, it is too bad that you and your brother are both having a tough time right now. :( Moving money around and getting zero interest credit cards is a good idea.

Hobbermittens
July 23rd, 2012, 06:19 PM
Thanks Mocha!

auroara78
July 23rd, 2012, 07:22 PM
good luck, Hobbers, I'm hoping it's just regular itchiness!

Hobbermittens
July 23rd, 2012, 08:01 PM
Thanks, Auroara!

Hobbermittens
July 24th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Does anyone feel like their baby is going to just bust out alien style? This baby is going nuts in there and sometimes I feel like it might just bust right out through my belly button!

auroara78
July 24th, 2012, 04:36 PM
LOL all the time!

Of course today she is extremely quiet and barely moving and I feel really yucky, dizzy and naueous and her soft barely there movements today has put me on edge.

Mochagirl
July 24th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Does anyone feel like their baby is going to just bust out alien style? This baby is going nuts in there and sometimes I feel like it might just bust right out through my belly button!

Yeah - my baby's doing that too. She seems to like to stretch so her foot or bum juts waaaaay out and I feel like I'm going to split open. None of my other babies moved this much.

I had a mw appt today, and I'm measuring small - 28.5 weeks though I am 32 weeks. At my last appt, 2 weeks ago, I measured 29 weeks by a different mw. She offered me a requisition for an u/s, so I took it. Should I be worried, or could it just be a simple matter of a different person doing the measuring, the way I'm carrying or just a small baby?

Hobbermittens
July 24th, 2012, 04:47 PM
I wouldn't worry too much, Mocha. My Dr sent me for a growth scan last week because I was measuring a little off (can't remember if he said small or big) but at the scan, everything measured just right. Have fun seeing your baby again at the u/s!

All my kids have moved a bunch, so I don't know that this baby is any worse, but it was so mellow for so long, that it seems crazy that it has started moving so much more in the past few weeks. Maybe it is just starting to run out of room.

nuthinbutpink
July 24th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Yeah - my baby's doing that too. She seems to like to stretch so her foot or bum juts waaaaay out and I feel like I'm going to split open. None of my other babies moved this much.

I had a mw appt today, and I'm measuring small - 28.5 weeks though I am 32 weeks. At my last appt, 2 weeks ago, I measured 29 weeks by a different mw. She offered me a requisition for an u/s, so I took it. Should I be worried, or could it just be a simple matter of a different person doing the measuring, the way I'm carrying or just a small baby?

My DD3 measured small and at the specialist, they measure the diameter of the abdomen and the head. They can estimate size that way. If she is small, they may have you come back in a week or 2 to check to make sure she is growing properly. The belly measurement is really not that helpful.

Mochagirl
July 24th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Thanks, ladies. I'll try not to worry about it and instead will look forward to seeing my little girl again.

laughinglynxie
July 24th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Mocha, the other ladies are right. :) Practitioners can measure slightly different from one another (just where they start the tape, how things smoosh once on your back, even your uterus can be leaning to one side or another and throw it off, lol). I switch between a Doctor and a Nurse Midwife for my appointments and my doctor always says I'm bigger, my CNM always says I'm right on. :D

And YES, my baby feels like it's going to explode out of my side! VERY different from my mellow and stretch-y boy. I'm soooo paranoid because, even though it's head down, it seems to favor having it's back/butt to my right side and alllll of the kicking/punching is over on the left (high and low). I hope once it gets bigger it will pick a more birth-beneficial direction! I keep making sure I lay on my left side as much as possible and do the the "open knee/chest" stretch a bunch of times a day.

pinkin2011
July 24th, 2012, 06:53 PM
As for measuring I was 2 weeks over by one dr but then when I saw my usual ob the other day I was measuring 25 weeks so spot on.
I had the worst sleep last night I just cant get comfortable, I am a tummy sleeper and I find myself waking up ALL night because I end up on my stomach and can feel the baby moving or I am sore I try sleeping on my side but then always seem to end up on my stomach a bit, I do have a really soft pillow that I put under my tummy.. Oh and my lower back is so sore I think I am desperate for a massage!!! Maybe I will ask my d/h for one ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha yeah as if!!!! MEN !!! Thats another topic I could go on and on about they can be so selfish! I wish they could be preg for one day!

Hobbermittens
July 24th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Yeah, there is a lot of stretching with this little one. Seems like it stretches out all the time. That's what makes me think it might be running out of room!

TTC5
July 24th, 2012, 06:54 PM

LOL yep!!!

TTC5
July 24th, 2012, 06:55 PM
So my baby has dropped just shy of 31 weeks. Pic to the left is 30w 0d and pic to the right is 30w 4d (1 day after he dropped).

pinkin2011
July 24th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Geeze you have dropped!! You have a gorgeous tummy! I might take a pic of my belly today

Hobbermittens
July 24th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Pinkin, I'm right there with you about the DH's that don't understand how we feel!! Mine is not very supportive, and when I worry about stuff he just blows it off like I am worried for nothing. He also doesn't understand at all why I can't bend over or stand yup for too long, and gets crabby when the housework starts to pile up.... his dad is coming to visit later this week, and he hasn't done ANYTHING to help tidy this place up, and expects me to do it, and he is off water skiing with friends this evening! :nono:

pinkin2011
July 24th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Is anyone else craving sweet food?? I am obsessed with cake ATM I actually ate a whole cake for breakfast yesterday morning, It was the first thing on my mind when I woke up!!

Oh and I am over the moon When I had my app the other day I got weighed for the first time since I was 8 weeks preg and suffering morning sickness I have not gained even 1 kg!!!! must be all the walking I am doing!

Mochagirl
Yeah, I've said many times that if men were the ones to carry and birth babies, the human race would have gone extinct long ago. :rofl:

Hobbermittens
Wow, TTC5, you have dropped! People keep asking me if I have because I am carrying so low, but no, I am just carrying low.

Pinkin, I am a total pig! I have been having ice cream sundaes for dessert every night!

pinkin2011
July 24th, 2012, 07:05 PM
AAHHH Hob he sounds like my d/h!! Mine will help out a little bit or take our ds somewhere to give me a break for an hr but other then that I still have to do everything!!!!!!!! He wont even put a bin out... I get up with my d/h at 6 am every morning make his breakfast get his clothes ready , pants, shirt, jocks , socks and shoes and there just to put on get his lunch made , cook tea every night get him drinks if he wants one geeze if my d/h makes me a cup of tea I am in shock and I love it how sad hey! lol

pinkin2011
July 24th, 2012, 07:07 PM
And I am hearing you about they think we over react with things.. Cant even get a 2 min back rub off them!

pinkin2011
July 24th, 2012, 07:09 PM
AND my d/h wants 4 kids!!!! Will be pushin it to get a 3rd, I mean I shouldnt complain things could be worse but seriously being preg is not easy for a healthy person takes so much out of us .. We need to be looked after a little bit

Mochagirl
July 24th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Wow, pinkin - I had a weigh-in at the midwife today, and I've gained about 55lbs so far.... I was sooooo skinny when I got pregnant that the pounds just piled on.

TTC - love that belly!

pinkin2011
July 24th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Just had a bit of a laugh to myself I am full of fire today arent I .. Ha ha. blah blahing!

Mochagirl
July 24th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Oh, and my dh is just like all of yours. I NEVER get to sleep in. Last night, for example, it was crazy hot in the house which meant it was almost impossible to sleep, and on top of that I was up peeing pretty much every hour. I got no sleep. DH was uncomfortably hot too, so in the middle of the night he moved to the basement - the only cool place in the house, then proceeded to sleep in until 9am! This is a very common occurrence - of course, I have no choice but to stay upstairs because we can't leave the kids alone 2 floors away, and I'm the one who gets up with them at 6am to make them breakfast. No acknowledgement that the heat might feel even worse for me than for him or that maybe I'm the one who needs to get some extra sleep. Men!

pinkin2011
July 24th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Mocha , I understand the sleep thing too... Most weekends my d/h will sleep in aswell and will get up whenever he is ready to.. If I happend to get a sleep in d/h will come in at 7.30am or 8 am and open the blinds or send our ds in to wake me up and most times ds has not had breakfast!! makes me wild!!!

Mochagirl
July 24th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Yep - I get 2 sleep-ins a year: Mother's Day and my birthday. Most of the time I wake up to find out he hasn't given them breakfast too!

pinkin2011
July 24th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Its not hard to make breakfast is it! And I know that when ds wakes up in the morning he is hungry he has his breakfast within half and hr of waking up!

Hobbermittens
July 24th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Yes, the breakfast thing makes me nuts too! How hard is it to make toast or a bowl of cereal? DD1 is old enough now that sometimes, she gets her own breakfast, and even gets it for the younger ones sometimes too. I rarely get to sleep in, but DH is an early riser, so occasionally he will be up with the older kids and DD2 and I can sleep until 8 (wow, how sad that sleeping until 8 is 'sleeping in'!)

PeonyPrincess
July 25th, 2012, 05:43 AM
Pinkin, I have already put on 8kg!! Eek. I put on 16kg with DS1 and 14kg with DS2. I know I can lose it afterwards without too much trouble normally, but it would be nice not to have too much piled on.
My DH is generally pretty good. But he doesn't have much choice. I make sure I don't spoil him and I leave him on his own with the boys regularly so he is reminded of what we do every day! And I never nag him about taking time out to do things for himself or with mates, so then he can't have a go at me when I want to do things for me. It doesn't always work, but it sure helps make life easier.
TTC5, your tummy is beautiful. I am sure mine is almost that size at only 24 weeks!! Some weeks it seems to grow every day and others I am relieved it has not changed much.
I see my OB next week. Thinking of asking for the flu vaccination as DS1 has it currently and it is such a bad flu season this year. A friend who was pg earlier in the year ended up with pneumonia after having the flu. I think being healthy and pg is hard enough on the body.

Mochagirl
July 25th, 2012, 07:56 AM
My Dad passed away this morning after a long illness. I'm glad his struggle is over. It's been a long, emotional nine months with him in the hospital. May he rest in peace.

dloui128
July 25th, 2012, 08:44 AM
I am so sorry for your loss Mocha

auroara78
July 25th, 2012, 09:56 AM
so sorry for your loss, Mocha, but I am sure he is at peace now

ladybug
July 25th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Sorry for your loss Mocha. May he rest in peace.

Hobbermittens
July 25th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Oh Mocha, I am so sorry. :( At least he is no longer suffering.

laughinglynxie
July 25th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Sorry for your loss. :( After such a long time in the hospital, at least he is no longer suffering.

Hobbermittens
July 25th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Hey Lynxie, what is the name of that site where you got your nursing bra? I need something ASAP!

Hobbermittens
July 25th, 2012, 04:44 PM
So I got my liver test back (checking for ICP) and that was fine, but from what I read on the internet, I actually need a Bile Acid test. I talked to the doctor about it, and they grudgingly ordered it. Has anyone noticed that doctors really don't like it when you do your own research?

Mochagirl
July 25th, 2012, 05:19 PM
So they ordered the wrong test? What a pain!

I scheduled my u/s for next Wednesday, so :fx: my little girl is still growing well!

Hobbermittens
July 25th, 2012, 07:27 PM
So they ordered the wrong test? What a pain!

I scheduled my u/s for next Wednesday, so :fx: my little girl is still growing well!

Yeah, I saw a different doctor the day I went in (mine was out of town) and I think she is actually a PA, not a doctor? ANyway she just ordered the test that was recommended by the computer (not sure how that works). WHen she called me with the results, I told her I wanted a different test, and she was nice enough to order it--but I could tell she didn't really like me telling her how to do her job. :oops:

I bet your baby is just fine, Mocha. :) Keep us posted on how your u/s goes!

PeonyPrincess
July 25th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Mocha, that is sad that your dad has died. No matter how long he was sick, it is never easy to deal with.

Hobber, I always tell doctors what I want. You're right, some of them deal with it better than others, but at least you are getting the test you need.

Myloves
July 25th, 2012, 08:24 PM
I'm so sorry for you loss Mocha. :hugs:

nuthinbutpink
July 25th, 2012, 08:35 PM
I'm sorry, mocha.

Mochagirl
July 25th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Thanks everyone for your kind words about my Dad. I'm off to visit my Mom tomorrow - really looking forward to giving her a big hug.

atomic sagebrush
July 25th, 2012, 10:57 PM
Huge ((((hugs))) and :heart: headed your way.

laughinglynxie
July 25th, 2012, 11:46 PM
Hobber, I found my bra (and VERY helpful reviews, even if you shop elsewhere) on HerRoom.com. It has great sorting features, too. I definitely love the Bravado Body Silk (it doesn't have to be exact sizing to fit nicely) but I still want an underwire one for when I want to feel "nicer" looking. :)

I ALWAYS do research before and after going to the Doctor. I have better luck (getting my way) if I am seeing my nurse midwife or nurse practitioner, though. They do amazing charting and always remember everything I tell them. Doctors I have seen are definitely less open and take less time listening to me.

TTC5
July 26th, 2012, 01:52 AM
My Dad passed away this morning after a long illness. I'm glad his struggle is over. It's been a long, emotional nine months with him in the hospital. May he rest in peace.

I am so sorry to read this Mocha :(

Glad he is out of his suffering but so sorry for your loss xxxx

Hobbermittens
July 26th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Thanks Lynxie! I will look at that site. My only bra that still fits is starting to shred around the fasteners in the back. I need something new ASAP!

Mochagirl
July 26th, 2012, 01:58 PM
My DS said the sweetest thing to me today. Out of the blue he said "since Grandpa won't be able to see the baby when she's born, I have an idea. We can take a picture and throw it up in the air on a windy day - that way it will blow up into the clouds where Grandpa lives now so he can see the picture." :HH:

Hobbermittens
July 26th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Awwww, Mocha, that is so sweet!!

TTC5
July 26th, 2012, 06:56 PM
That is so sweet Mocha!!!

auroara78
July 27th, 2012, 08:56 AM
ahh that really is soooo very sweet!