PDA

View Full Version : I fear I'm losing my baby :-(

Just1wish
July 5th, 2012, 01:40 PM
So I didn't chart properly this month so I can't be sure of my O day,I will post the link to my chart,anyways I've spotted since my BFP never really reaching my UW just when I wipe.then today I felt a gush of blood so went to A &E they drew blood and my hcg is only 100 :( this number worrys me being so low I'm either 20 dpo 17dpo or 14 dpo I honestly do not know for sure but the bleed and this backache I'm having has me freaking out,I'm already convinced I'm losing this baby and I'm devastated.i plan on returning to the hospital for a 2 nd beta tomorrow but I would love any input/advice any of you lovely ladies can offer and please do be honest as I said I don't think this pregnancy will progress much further,this really saddens me.:( on a plus side my breast are super sore and I'm having waves of nausea so I do have pregnancy symptoms !!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1faed3/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart (http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1faed3)

Just want to add that my confusion isn't helped by the fact that my 6 dpo temp ??? Is nearly the same as my O day temp given the dip,hope I'm making sense I'm feeling rather confused and emotional,

lisvna
July 5th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Im sorry to hear your experience this. I have no idea what to do because im not an expert with those things. All i wanted to say is hugs!

Shellbelle
July 5th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Hugs to you. Please let us know what your beta looks like tomorrow. Your 6 dpo dip might have been implantation?

If it makes you feel better, I always have spotting with my pregnancies, and with my last one, I had a big, big SCH bleed at 10 weeks. It is always scary. :( Are they checking your progesterone levels as well? HUGS and hang in there!

nuthinbutpink
July 5th, 2012, 02:11 PM
At 14dpo, 100 is great.

Zivic-Bubac
July 5th, 2012, 02:17 PM
I'm sorry you're going through this :(
Was it fresh or old, brownish blood? My sister had bleeding I think at 9 weeks pg, it turned out it was nothing, she went on to deliver a healthy baby boy.
Shellbell is right, maybe you can get your prog levels checked?

Praying with you for a sticky bean!!!!! :luck:

Just1wish
July 5th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Hugs to you. Please let us know what your beta looks like tomorrow. Your 6 dpo dip might have been implantation?

If it makes you feel better, I always have spotting with my pregnancies, and with my last one, I had a big, big SCH bleed at 10 weeks. It is always scary. :( Are they checking your progesterone levels as well? HUGS and hang in there!
Thank you.spotting in pregnancy (for me ) is normal too but today was a gush :(i will defo update tomorrow.i asked for my prog number and they said being an a&e they don't routinely check this but tomorrow I'm at an early pregnancy unit so I think they will test for prog too.i agree my 6 dpo could be implantation but I'm cautiously thinking maybe that was my Real O date.ive never Od this early in my 30 + months of charting.usually around day 17 of late and my O symptoms didn't match my OPK and supposed O day IYKWIM ! Thanks for the hugs I need it x

Just1wish
July 5th, 2012, 02:37 PM
I really hope I am 14dpo and not 20 dpo KMFX and thank you for your input !

Just1wish
July 5th, 2012, 02:38 PM
I'm sorry you're going through this :(
Was it fresh or old, brownish blood? My sister had bleeding I think at 9 weeks pg, it turned out it was nothing, she went on to deliver a healthy baby boy.
Shellbell is right, maybe you can get your prog levels checked?

Praying with you for a sticky bean!!!!! :luck:
The spotting has been pinky brown and very little but today TMI I felt a Gush of wetness and it was red watery bleed :(,thank you for the prayer <3

Just1wish
July 5th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Im sorry to hear your experience this. I have no idea what to do because im not an expert with those things. All i wanted to say is hugs!

Thanks for the hugs lisva <3

Shellbelle
July 5th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Thank you.spotting in pregnancy (for me ) is normal too but today was a gush :(

Gushes are awful and scary. My 10 week bleed was a gush, too -- I just knew that I had lost the baby, because it happened in the middle of the night and my bed was absolutely soaked with blood. But that baby is now almost 2. :) I hope you're 14dpo and that dip was ovulation, too! Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Just1wish
July 5th, 2012, 02:41 PM
The bleeding has eased up to spotting just when I wipe again and I'm comforted by the fact that I'm not cramping or in pain I just have a dull backache and being the POASaholic I am I've done the same brand HPT everyday since my BFP and watched them get progressively darker.the test line is now as dark if not darker than the control line..praying hard and KMFX !!

Just1wish
July 5th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Gushes are awful and scary. My 10 week bleed was a gush, too -- I just knew that I had lost the baby, because it happened in the middle of the night and my bed was absolutely soaked with blood. But that baby is now almost 2. :) I hope you're 14dpo and that dip was ovulation, too! Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Thank you so much this really does give me hope :)

myGirl
July 5th, 2012, 03:33 PM
You are in my thoughts and prayers. The darkening HPTs is great. Also yay for less bleeding!

alreadyneedivf
July 5th, 2012, 03:38 PM
hi--I bled all through pregnancy--well first trimester (and a few times bright red gushes) Also, my beta at 14dpo was 42. Now, I have a healthy four month old--lots of good luck to you!

Just1wish
July 5th, 2012, 03:52 PM
You are in my thoughts and prayers. The darkening HPTs is great. Also yay for less bleeding!

Thank you <3

Just1wish
July 5th, 2012, 03:52 PM
hi--I bled all through pregnancy--well first trimester (and a few times bright red gushes) Also, my beta at 14dpo was 42. Now, I have a healthy four month old--lots of good luck to you!

Thank you this gives me hope too,I'm driving myself crazy !

Just1wish
July 6th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Update,I had my repeat beta today and it's 101 and no further bleeding.I really don't know what to think.beta is being repeated in Sunday ( after 48 hrs) until then I continue to drive myself crazy :/ !

nuthinbutpink
July 6th, 2012, 04:08 PM
It isn't rising as it should. It basically is the same as yesterday- is that when you had the 100 beta? I don't think that coupled with the bleeding is indicating a healthy pregnancy. What does your doctor say?

Just1wish
July 6th, 2012, 04:19 PM
It isn't rising as it should. It basically is the same as yesterday- is that when you had the 100 beta? I don't think that coupled with the bleeding is indicating a healthy pregnancy. What does your doctor say?

He was happy to let me home to moniter myself as I'm no longer bleeding/spotting even,but I will be returning for another beta and I'm presuming any decisions will be made depending on them results.he said that given there was only 24 hours between betas then hopefully it could rise within the next 24 hrs which would work out to be 48 hrs from the first.i hope this makes sense,I'm very tired and weary :/! I have fully prepared myself for the worst tho ! Will update again with Sunday's beta !

fresas
July 6th, 2012, 11:44 PM
I hope it doubles as it should. I'm thinking of you.

Butterfly Spirit
July 7th, 2012, 12:08 AM
I am so very sorry you are going through this sweetie. I will pray for you. I had a loss in April 21- May 2
I would get your progesterone checked with your beta. My beta went fine for one week.. even through my bleeding.
Just prepare for the worst and hope for the best and stay as POSITIVE as you can. If your progesterone is in fact low, ask your OB for it right away. The ER won't give it out. My advice is this: Stay away from the ER unless you are just hemorrhaging A LOT and .. don't let them do a trans vag or abdominal US there is no point and it's way too early and causes even more cramping and or bleeding... and that transvaginal when they went searching for the ovaries trying to rule out a tubal pregnancy hurt like hell!

STAY POSITIVE, Think Positive...

Just1wish
July 8th, 2012, 06:40 AM
Thank you I'm trying to think positive I really am.I'm sat in the waiting area at the early pregnancy unit.I will update in a couple of hours with the beta results ! Praying and kmfx for a big rise !!

Just1wish
July 8th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Beta was 86,I've had an early miscarriage.I don't have any bleeding.wwhen should I expect to begin bleeding.I don't mean to Sound heartless but I want to get straight back to TTC,I guess it's LE diet for me from tomorrow.!

nuthinbutpink
July 8th, 2012, 12:52 PM
I'm sorry.

Shellbelle
July 8th, 2012, 01:48 PM
I'm so sorry, just1wish.

Butterfly Spirit
July 8th, 2012, 04:58 PM
:HH: I am so very very sorry Just1wish. :sadflwr: I was in your position. I bled like AF before I even knew I was pregnant. My beta even was fine for a week and made it up to 548..so I was shocked when it dropped to like 48 in 2 days time. It is such a horrible, emotionally exruciating place to be after the physically painful M/C. Nobody can say anything to make you feel better so take your time that you need and cry whenever you need to as well. You aren't being cruel or selfish.. you want your growing baby back in your womb. TTC right after also gave me some comfort..and helped pull me through that horrible time. I hit youtube and looked for how to heal after a M/C and if it was possible to conceive right afterwards.. What I found was Vitex and Raspberry Leaf Tea both helped get things going a lot quicker. I verified with Mocha and Atomic and the very next morning after my M/C I was able to find Nature's Way Raspberry Leave Capsules in a health store next to my house. I took 2 or 3 (can't remember) RL Capsules with 2. 400 mg Vitex capsules that same morning and every morning until I thought I would O. If you'd like to follow my journey you can go to my profile and look up my threads VITEX Time (Conception and My First Loss) My VITEX Journey ( My Second Conception and Current Successful Pregnancy)
If you choose to take Vitex I recommend taking daily OPKS after about 7 days of taking it because you need to know when ovulation comes so you can stop taking it.. if it looks like ovulation is coming, stop taking the Vitex. You can buy the best cheapie OPK strips on ebay from a seller I trust. I bought their kit over and over again. You can find it in my threads as well.
I wish you the best of luck in conceiving again and quickly. It is possible, I did it without even AF after my loss.. and you have an automatic sway for PINK without doing anything.. although the Vitex and RL add to it! ;) :HH:

Just1wish
July 9th, 2012, 01:56 PM
UPDATE- so as if this isnt agonising enough my beta today is 135.seriously I'm just beyond baffled.so I return again tomorrow for another beta.I've never known of a hcg to go down then up :/ !

myGirl
July 9th, 2012, 11:53 PM
I'm so sorry you're going through this! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts.

MatildaMai
July 10th, 2012, 12:12 AM
That is really weird. Maybe you were pregnant with twins and have lost the one that implanted first that was producing the most hcg and that's caused the bleeding and made your hcg stall and then dip. If your beta's start to climb steadily now then that could be what's happened.

I had a similar experience last year - although I didn't have any bleeding, where my betas stalled for a few days (see my siggie). I put 2 embies back in and they thought I was miscarrying one of them and one beta was going up while the other was going down and so it stayed at the same level for a few days. Turned out the baby had Down's and although my beta's recovered and climbed steadily I lost her at 9.5wks.

Being in limbo is awful. Hope you have a fast resolution - preferably with a happy ending!

lisvna
July 10th, 2012, 05:50 AM
Ok..... I really hope there is one in there! My fingers are crossed! Please update us!

Just1wish
July 10th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Thank you all for your thoughts and kind words,I really appreciate yous taking time to read and comment.well I'm awaiting a phone call with beta numbers but I'm now bleeding like a period,I've adjusted my FF and I'm counting today as CD1.so very sad about this :( I will still update with my beta when I've had my call.thanks again ladies x

Just1wish
July 10th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Today's beta is 160 I seriously can't cope with this now.it's all so confusing I'm bleeding how can it be going up ? Of course I know this pregnancy won't continue but these numbers are baffling me !!

Shellbelle
July 10th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Just1wish, are they going to do an u/s to see what's going on?

Just1wish
July 10th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Just1wish, are they going to do an u/s to see what's going on?

No,they said there is no point until hcg reaches a certain level.not sure what that level is though and in the phone all the nurse mentioned possible ectopic WTF !! I think it's really unfair they won't scan me,I have 4 children's to look after and my thoughts are consumed by what's going on.i need to know what's going on :(!!

Back for more bloods tomorrow and everyday until my beta reaches 0 :-( !!

Shellbelle
July 10th, 2012, 01:16 PM
If there is any possibility of an ectopic, I would think theyd want to rule that out ASAP! So frustrated for you! Hugs!

Just1wish
July 10th, 2012, 01:30 PM
If there is any possibility of an ectopic, I would think theyd want to rule that out ASAP! So frustrated for you! Hugs!
Thank you so need the hugs!! I've decided if my numbers rant dropping tomorrow I will demand a scan for my own sanity !

luckylass
July 10th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Just1wish I am really keeping my fingers crossed for you. I had bleeding in the early stages on ds2 and again at 12 weeks and he is a healthy happy 12 month old who I carried full term with no issues after that. Really hope it works out for you. It is a very difficult time please take care of yourself.

Another princess
July 10th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Just1wish thinking of you. Hugs x

MatildaMai
July 10th, 2012, 06:00 PM
The reason they wont scan is that nothing can be seen until your HCG gets over 1000. The gestational sac is just too small to be visible prior to that point. If its in the right place then they can rule out ectopics but not until your hcg levels are much higher. A slow rising beta is usually either due to a chromosomal abnormality, which in most cases will result in miscarriage, or an ectopic. You are not in any danger from an ectopic (in terms of damage to tube etc) until it gets much bigger and your hcg levels get a lot higher.

In the vast majority of ectopic cases they never actually see the pregnancy. So its very hard to rule that out unless something in seen in the uterus. Even with much higher betas they are very difficult to see. A lot of times the Dr will make an educated guess that is what is going on (if the pregnancy cannot be seen in the uterus) and give you the methotrexate shot.

Given you are bleeding it sounds like your body is trying to sort it out on its own. I'd be guessing chromosomal miscarriage. But obviously the placenta is still attached and producing hcg. Hang in there. Fx for a speedy resolution for you. MMx

Butterfly Spirit
July 10th, 2012, 06:47 PM
I am so very sorry you are being tortured with numbers.
:HH: Prepare for the worst but Hope for the best! :HH:

I do hope that your little bean is okay though.

girlmom
July 10th, 2012, 06:56 PM
im so sorry, i had that. my stupid hcg was going up but never doubling. it was a belighted ovum my doctor said. i made it a few weeks and then started bleeding. the good news was it took me about 3 months conceive again. shes a healthy 2 year old now.

Just1wish
July 13th, 2012, 01:53 PM
I had a miscarriage yesterday :( severe cramping and bleeding,I'm hugging my kids abit tighter today.so thankful that I have my boys.thanks to all you lovely ladies for your kind words and support.I'm going to enjoy my weekend eating then Monday back to the LE diet and TTC ggggrrr !!

girlmom
July 13th, 2012, 02:38 PM
aww hun im so sorry but at least you know you are at the end instead of that awful pregnancy limbo where you don't know whats going on and whats going to happen. take your time and grieve. spend some extra time with your kids and when you are ready try again, im sure the next one will be your sticky bean. hugs

luckylass
July 13th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Just1wish I am truely sorry that you have to go through that, my heart breaks for you. Nothing will ever replace the angel you lost but fingers crossed you will get a bfp soon and have a wonderful little baby in your arms next year. Take care of yourself please and get loads of cuddles from your boys.

fresas
July 14th, 2012, 12:28 AM
I'm so sorry. I've been there. I hope things get better. :(

zanacal
July 14th, 2012, 03:06 PM
I'm so sorry. Gentle hugs x

Another princess
July 14th, 2012, 04:58 PM
I'm so sorry just1wish. Hugs x

kpmum
July 14th, 2012, 05:47 PM
I'm so very sorry for ur loss xxx