PDA

View Full Version : Frozen sperm?

Possible pink?
July 5th, 2012, 04:29 PM
I was wondering if frozen sperm is as good as fresh sperm for fertilization rates? We were thinking that when my husband I are down there in October we might leave extra sperm to be frozen in case we need a second and third cycle. This could take him out of the equation for travel/days off work a second/third time. I am just wondering though if this could hinder our fert rates and chances of pregnancy though. If so, he will come for retrieval each time.
Thanks!

RedCanoe
July 5th, 2012, 04:32 PM
I asked Dr. Potter this question too and he said that frozen sperm is good. DH left a sample for this same reason, as well. HTH!

michaela
July 5th, 2012, 04:54 PM
I agree! They only need a few of those little guys anyway :)

Dr. Potter
July 5th, 2012, 06:56 PM
I was wondering if frozen sperm is as good as fresh sperm for fertilization rates? We were thinking that when my husband I are down there in October we might leave extra sperm to be frozen in case we need a second and third cycle. This could take him out of the equation for travel/days off work a second/third time. I am just wondering though if this could hinder our fert rates and chances of pregnancy though. If so, he will come for retrieval each time.
Thanks!Frozen sperm is just fine with IVF/ICSI. No difference in fertilization rates.

Possible pink?
July 6th, 2012, 01:44 AM
Good news! Thank you M, RC and Dr. potter!