PDA

View Full Version : Clomid

atomic sagebrush
February 1st, 2011, 12:01 PM
Studies that prove Clomid sways pink (whenever you read the words "lowered sex ratio" that means more girls. "Higher sex ratio" means more boys.)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11980748

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1713947/pdf/brmedj00038-0021.pdf

http://www.gender-select.com/pdf/Dr.Silverman's_article.pdf

http://humrep.oxfordjournals.org/content/10/9/2465.2.full.pdf

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6WMD-4KDGR7J-5&_user=10&_coverDate=02%2F21%2F1986&_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_orig=search&_origin=search&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_searchStrId=1627056607&_rerunOrigin=google&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=026132ffe4d971e3aa3f74bba443a1bd&searchtype=a

lindi
February 1st, 2011, 06:55 PM
So, in swaying terms, what is more powerful?: A sway which is a girl friendly diet, ions, vitamins, and trying for a 0+12, with vitex, peppermint testosterone lowering herbs (saw palmetto..), etc, or girl friendly diet, ions, vitamins, trying for 0+12 and clomid?

Coccinelle33
February 1st, 2011, 10:00 PM
So, in swaying terms, what is more powerful?: A sway which is a girl friendly diet, ions, vitamins, and trying for a 0+12, with vitex, peppermint testosterone lowering herbs (saw palmetto..), etc, or girl friendly diet, ions, vitamins, trying for 0+12 and clomid?

yeah i second that :D

atomic sagebrush
February 2nd, 2011, 11:17 AM

Unfortunately, without side by side studies to tell, there is no way for anyone to know that. I feel like, Clomid is a known quantity and is therefore "better" but that may only be because no one has studied the other things conclusively.

We do have the option of taking Vitex/pep tea/saw palmetto in the months BEFORE TTC and then dropping it all and trying Clomid the next month. That may be the "best" option of all.

Saga
February 3rd, 2011, 01:02 PM
Clomid will not work for women who have low levels of estrogen or high levels of FSH, so if you are in your late 30's-40's and anovulatory because of age, Clomid is not going to help you to ovulate. Your doctor will have to give you injectible drugs instead.

I will start Clomid my next cycle and this makes me not hold my hopes up... I have normal levels FSH, but my estrogen is on the lower side. My doc is going to monitor me close though, with E2-levls and u/s, so I guess he will se if it doesn't work.
As allways Atomic, you are the best!!!
(Atomic; I guess I can't blame the Replens for not getting pregnant, my RE told me probably not ovulating.. common for "mature" women he said! He he.. I'm glad he didn't say old!)

atomic sagebrush
February 3rd, 2011, 01:16 PM
I will start Clomid my next cycle and this makes me not hold my hopes up... I have normal levels FSH, but my estrogen is on the lower side. My doc is going to monitor me close though, with E2-levls and u/s, so I guess he will se if it doesn't work.
As allways Atomic, you are the best!!!
(Atomic; I guess I can't blame the Replens for not getting pregnant, my RE told me probably not ovulating.. common for "mature" women he said! He he.. I'm glad he didn't say old!)

Can he give you Estrace?? It's your lining that will be the problem if your FSH is ok. Low estrogen + clomid = lousy lining and egg cannot implant. But remember, your estrogen will come surging back after the Clomid supresses it. I'm KFX that yours will not be a problem! (many, many women get pg with Clomid every day.)

babydes56
February 28th, 2011, 11:08 AM
I'm swaying blue & start clomid soon, i hope i get my boy! So eggwhites & robitussin it is then.

Rosa12
March 2nd, 2011, 09:59 AM
Would it make sense to have my doctor prescribe Clomid eventhough my FSH is 12?

atomic sagebrush
March 2nd, 2011, 12:07 PM
Would it make sense to have my doctor prescribe Clomid eventhough my FSH is 12?

Nice to 'see' you Rosa! I rem. you from IG.

12 is not HORRIBLY high FSH. It's not great and you would probably do better with a different drug but don't give up hope. I ~personally~ think you should skip the Clomid (because high FSH just tends to get worse over time, never better) and go straight to what you KNOW will work. Can he/she prescribe you Femara or injectibles??? Those would work better for you.

Rosa12
March 4th, 2011, 04:33 AM
It's so nice to hear that you think my FSH is not that high. I've been feeling rather down about it.
My doctor also said that she doesn't think Clomid will help me since I do have regular cycles and ovulate on my own. I am not really familiar with Femara. I read that it is a cancer drug and may have less side effect than clomid. However, I found some research online that mentioned that the company Novartis warns of off-label-use. It mentions that Fermara may cause miscarriages or birth deformities. Have you ever heard anything about that? Also, what do you mean by injectibles?

atomic sagebrush
March 4th, 2011, 10:49 AM
FSH of 12 is not the end of the world - really! Women have gotten pregnant natually with FSH in the 20's.

The injectibles are the next step up in fertility treatments. There is a brief overview here http://www.webmd.com/infertility-and-reproduction/guide/fertility-drugs

Yes, Femara for fertility is an off label usage but it does seem to work for people. I really think Novartis is just covering themselves legally. One study found less birth defects with Femara than Clomid! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letrozole

Rosa12
March 4th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Thank you so much for your help!

Plum3
May 22nd, 2011, 07:23 AM
I am considering taking wheat grass but after re-reading this thread I am wondering if it is such a good idea? Would it interfere with the Clomid due to it's anti-estrogen effects?

atomic sagebrush
May 22nd, 2011, 07:40 AM
I am considering taking wheat grass but after re-reading this thread I am wondering if it is such a good idea? Would it interfere with the Clomid due to it's anti-estrogen effects?

Wheatgrass is believed to be safe to take with Clomid. If anything it ~may~ help make up some of the damage that the anti-estrogen effects of the Clomid does.

Plum3
May 22nd, 2011, 08:01 AM
The more I think about it the more I confuse myself. I need to give my brain a rest to process all the info! How could wheatgrass potentially repair some of the effects of Clomid?

atomic sagebrush
May 22nd, 2011, 08:20 AM
The more I think about it the more I confuse myself. I need to give my brain a rest to process all the info! How could wheatgrass potentially repair some of the effects of Clomid?

Because it will help you grow a nice uterine lining. Crappy uterine lining is one of the downsides of Clomid.

KraizyDaizy
February 4th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Because it will help you grow a nice uterine lining. Crappy uterine lining is one of the downsides of Clomid.

What dosage of wheat grass and when do you start taking it? I am on CD12 and took 50mg of Clomid cds 5-10, so I am waiting for my O now. I would appreciate any advice you could give. Planning to TDT from today through O, so maybe we will make the 7-10 DTD frequency that sways girls? Should we DTD am and pm or just pm? Thanks in advance.

atomic sagebrush
February 5th, 2012, 02:40 PM
if you are on CD 12 it is too late to take wheatgrass for this cycle. I wouldn't take it for TTC pink anyway - Bec is swaying blue so it is fine for her to take it.

For 7-10 days frequency you must start the 7-10 days before your first attempt. Please still go ahead and TTC this month, you can't afford to skip months on Clomid.

KraizyDaizy
February 6th, 2012, 11:36 AM
if you are on CD 12 it is too late to take wheatgrass for this cycle. I wouldn't take it for TTC pink anyway - Bec is swaying blue so it is fine for her to take it.

For 7-10 days frequency you must start the 7-10 days before your first attempt. Please still go ahead and TTC this month, you can't afford to skip months on Clomid.

Thanks for clearing that up Atomic. I do not want to sway blue for sure. I guess we did not make the cut off for 7-10 days instead try to get pregnant and let the cards fall where they may. But we are DTD each day since CD12 so we will see.

I love that calculator! It says that I will O on the following dates and I think I am right on track:

If you take Clomid for 5 days from 01/28/2012 to 02/01/2012,
you would expect to ovulate between02/06/2012 and 02/11/2012.
You can start LH testing for ovulation on 02/04/2012.
Optimally you would start making love every 1-2 days starting on 02/04/2012.

atomic sagebrush
February 8th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Yes, don't worry too much about the frequency, the Clomid sways way more than the frequency ever could! Good luck.

KraizyDaizy
February 8th, 2012, 10:12 AM
This month when I Oed, I noticed red in my panties and when I wiped. Is that normal with Clomid?

atomic sagebrush
February 8th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Hmm...are you taking cranberry or baby aspirin? More common with those.

purplepoet20
February 8th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Atomic - If I did 200mg of Soy Isoflavones which is said to be like 100mg of Clomid. Should I take something during pregnancy as well to prevent m/c? My OB Dr is out of town until the 2nd week of March and heis the only one from his office that knows about my swaying and that I trust.

KraizyDaizy
February 8th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Hmm...are you taking cranberry or baby aspirin? More common with those.

No, not taking either. I was going to start baby aspirin, but I have not gotten any yet. Not sure what is up with me, but I did hear from someone that it could me a strong ovulation or something like that?

atomic sagebrush
February 8th, 2012, 12:47 PM
All it means is that you simply released some extra fluid when you popped out an egg (or two), and that fluid found its way out. But usually, that is not bright red bleeding and it would be AFTER O, not before. It says nothing about the "strength" of yoru ovulation or the quality of your eggs, it's just one of those things that happens sometimes.

another possibility is that since your cervix is open and soft, that you injured it either DTD or checking cervix and that is what the bleeding is from. Much much more likely because the blood is red and not pinkish/brownish like O spotting would be.

atomic sagebrush
February 8th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Atomic - If I did 200mg of Soy Isoflavones which is said to be like 100mg of Clomid. Should I take something during pregnancy as well to prevent m/c? My OB Dr is out of town until the 2nd week of March and heis the only one from his office that knows about my swaying and that I trust.

No, no need for that. Most people do not need to take anything with Clomid itself, and soy is much more forgiving than Clomid.

KraizyDaizy
February 8th, 2012, 01:02 PM
All it means is that you simply released some extra fluid when you popped out an egg (or two), and that fluid found its way out. But usually, that is not bright red bleeding and it would be AFTER O, not before. It says nothing about the "strength" of yoru ovulation or the quality of your eggs, it's just one of those things that happens sometimes.

another possibility is that since your cervix is open and soft, that you injured it either DTD or checking cervix and that is what the bleeding is from. Much much more likely because the blood is red and not pinkish/brownish like O spotting would be.

Well I am not sure of my actual O date yet since FF has not given me cross-hairs yet, but that kind of spotting would be more brownish as you said.

You DTD theory might be correct cause we have been doing quite a bit of that LOL!! Today it's brownish discharge though? Crazy huh?

atomic sagebrush
February 8th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Not really tho because whenever blood gets old, it turns brownish. I think you got a little owie from DTD and then today it's going away.

KraizyDaizy
February 8th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Not really tho because whenever blood gets old, it turns brownish. I think you got a little owie from DTD and then today it's going away.

Owie LOL!! Maybe, but I am in no pain so who knows? LOL!!! I am so laughing at the owie!

atomic sagebrush
February 9th, 2012, 10:28 AM
I don't think you have a lot of nerve endings in your cervix or birth would be even WORSE LOL!!

KraizyDaizy
February 9th, 2012, 11:43 AM
I don't think you have a lot of nerve endings in your cervix or birth would be even WORSE LOL!!

Oh, I never thought of it that way. But I don't deliver vaginally anyways, but as far as the owie is concerned I am thankful that is true LOL!!! Owie LOL!

xHopeFaithLove
July 3rd, 2012, 11:08 PM
I just seem to be getting more and more confused with PCOS! I need to keep reading!

atomic sagebrush
July 4th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Let me help - what exactly are you confused about???

xHopeFaithLove
July 5th, 2012, 08:41 PM
I'm so thankful for this forum. Atomic, I'm going to start a put them in my PCOS thread :)

atomic sagebrush
July 6th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Ok I'll be looking for them.

mariposa
October 26th, 2012, 10:19 AM
HI! I was reading the links that support that clomid sways pink , and in first one , titled:

"Female sex selection using clomiphene citrate and albumin separation of human sperm."

I donīt understand the conclusion.....

"CONCLUSION:
Clomiphene citrate in conjunction with albumin-separated sperm decreased the sex ratio; a reduction that was not exclusively due to induction of ovulation."

What is albumin separation? I translated it, but cant find sense....does it means that you need do anything with sperm, apart from using clomid?:worry:

atomic sagebrush
October 26th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Decreased sex ratio means more girls.

Albumin separation is a fancy word for a technique they use in swim up and sperm spinning like they do in Ericcson clinics.

The conclusion is simply saying, "we found that if you use Clomid and swim up/sperm spinning, you get even more girls than you do if you just use Clomid."

Unfortunately that's a little misleading because they probably used numbers from studies of women who were taking Clomid for fertility issues, like PCOS. So some of the women using just Clomid alone, were probably more likely to have boys to begin with. And other women who are taking Clomid are give supplemental estrogen and told to use other tactics like Preseed and Robitussin that sway blue. So the group that they are using as a "control" group, the ones who just used Clomid to conceive, may actually more blue-friendly than their test group.

mariposa
October 26th, 2012, 03:24 PM
thanks atomic!!:agree:

Mum23boys
October 27th, 2012, 04:28 AM
How many months in a row can you take clomid for ?

atomic sagebrush
October 27th, 2012, 09:53 AM
6 consecutive months, 12 overall.

AMY
October 28th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Still having trouble to understand the studie. How high was the number of women who concieved girls on clomid compared to normal???

atomic sagebrush
October 28th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Amy, we don't know because a lot of the women who are give Clomid, are either boy-friendly to start with (due to PCOS) and/or are prescribed supplemental estrogen or told to do boy-friendly things to counteract the Clomid. They STILL have more girls than boys which indicates the Clomid is swaying pink, but we cannot quantify how much that affects the average person because the women who are typically prescribed Clomid are NOT a random sample of women to begin with.

We do have a couple studies where researchers used Clomid to test timing and they got quite high girl results. Since we know timing does not sway, that indicates that Clomid almost certainly sways strongly pink in the average person.

AMY
October 28th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Great thank you.

AMY
October 28th, 2012, 10:54 AM
How high is the success rate here in the forum? I keep seeing here and there a few Clomid girls.

mariposa
October 28th, 2012, 11:44 AM
How high is the success rate here in the forum? I keep seeing here and there a few Clomid girls.

The success BY NOW is 100% on girls swaying on clomid in this forum :cheer:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-girl/15658-statistics-who-sway-pink.html

mariposa
October 28th, 2012, 11:47 AM

The success BY NOW is 100% on girls swaying on clomid in this forum :cheer: (6 women used clomid and are expecting girls!!! , 3 women still donīt know)

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-girl/15658-statistics-who-sway-pink.html

AMY
October 29th, 2012, 02:14 AM
Sounds fantastic! Lets see!

Mrs_P
October 29th, 2012, 05:45 PM
There are a few of us - me included taking clomid just for swaying reasons so we maybe a good test (if we hear pink)

Plum3
October 31st, 2012, 04:24 AM
I have two girls (and expecting a third in Feb) and took Clomid to conceive them all.

Mum23boys
October 31st, 2012, 04:47 AM
Ill bet you that WHEN i get my BFP again I will break the rule and still have a boy !!! Bec have you swayed with any of your girls whilst on clomid or would you mind letting me know what your lifestyle was / is like when you conceived them all as it would be a real help for me. Thanks

KraizyDaizy
October 31st, 2012, 08:34 AM
Bec, please fill us in on all your TTC girl details while on Clomid.

atomic sagebrush
November 2nd, 2012, 10:15 PM
Aw Bec, I just saw that. Congrats on your girl but sorry you didn't hear blue.

atomic sagebrush
November 2nd, 2012, 10:16 PM
Bec, please fill us in on all your TTC girl details while on Clomid.

She was swaying blue, and I believe her sway is in the Add your boy sway section.

mariposa
November 3rd, 2012, 12:09 PM
I was searching for her sway in the boys sways , but she hadnīt added it. I also was searching for other blue swayers that took clomid to see their outcomes, but couldnīt find anyone

Mrs_P
November 4th, 2012, 05:16 PM
yeah i couldn't find any blue swayers that had taken clomid either - although i'm sure in the how we made our boys thread (when i added mine months ago) i did find a few moms with boys who'd taken clomid - might go back and re-read tomorrow if i have time

bec - really sorry you didn't hear blue; it sucks when you sway feels - hugs x

mariposa
November 5th, 2012, 05:27 PM
clomid....gotcha!!!! :bigsmile:

I bought without prescription, because I was afraid it could be change in my country and start asking the prescription for it (it expires in 2017 so I have time...). In my country is named omifin. BUT I wanted to clarify that Iīm going to tell my obst. about it, and ask her for an U/S the month of my attempt to see how many eggs are :nails:

Mrs_P
November 6th, 2012, 02:56 PM
good luck mariposa maybe if you wait a couple of cycles you could see what we all end up with and learn from any mistakes we make x

Rosie85
November 6th, 2012, 03:04 PM
So wait...I can get clomid without a prescription??

Mum23boys
November 6th, 2012, 03:56 PM
I think it depends where you are Rosie - I know in the UK where I am you cant.

Rosie85
November 6th, 2012, 04:18 PM
ohh hmmm not sure about the US, never looked into it. I know it's generally for people who have a hard time getting pregnant and that I do not.

mariposa
November 6th, 2012, 05:37 PM
good luck mariposa maybe if you wait a couple of cycles you could see what we all end up with and learn from any mistakes we make x

Iīm sure youīll hear pink!!! :awe: Anyway I have to wait because my first attempt will be in may!! Iīm buying online this week my supps! (vitex, SP, LR.....) what exciting!!:flowerz:

mariposa
November 6th, 2012, 05:41 PM
So wait...I can get clomid without a prescription??

It depends the country. In most of the pharmacies in here (Spain) you can buy it without prescription and itīs really strange because we have a really strict policy about medicines and prescripctions.... :confused:

Plum3
November 8th, 2012, 05:47 AM
I swayed this time. I didn't know about swaying beforehand otherwise I would have swayed with my second daughter as well. I had a typical girl lifestyle before I started swaying. Skipped breakfast and sometimes lunch, ate lots of sweets, didn't exercise at all.

I didn't post my sway this time. I had a miscarriage in March and posted my boy sway then so I felt like I was jinxing myself if I posted another sway (silly, I know!).

Plum3
November 8th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Aw Bec, I just saw that. Congrats on your girl but sorry you didn't hear blue.

Thankyou :D Hopefully we will get our boy in the future!

atomic sagebrush
November 8th, 2012, 09:37 AM
ohh hmmm not sure about the US, never looked into it. I know it's generally for people who have a hard time getting pregnant and that I do not.

In the US you need a scrip but a lot of docs give it out pretty freely.

DreamInBlue
June 22nd, 2013, 05:37 PM
Hi, I'm new here, and hope I'm posting in the right place! I am ttc a boy, and now need to go on Provera and Clomid because I was not ovulating or having a period. I am trying to find information on safe ways to sway for blue while on Clomid. I plan on using robitussin, pre-seed and folic acid. Is there anything else I can do? Is evening primrose oil safe with Clomid?

atomic sagebrush
June 23rd, 2013, 12:10 PM
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/7997-swaying-clomid-swaying-under-special-circumstances-part-2-a.html this should answer most of your questions.

Rno
November 4th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Thank you for the info, I'm on clomid and I have a silly question maybe, I want to ask about the pre-seed, what is it & how should I use it??

BabyCakes
November 5th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Hi All,

I dont think I need clomid but I am thinking of swaying pink. Can I request a prescription if I have no medical need and is that advisable? I totally understand the risk but if my doctor thinks I am okay to take it, should I?

atomic sagebrush
November 6th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Thank you for the info, I'm on clomid and I have a silly question maybe, I want to ask about the pre-seed, what is it & how should I use it??

Preseed is a lube that helps sperm survive. When you're on Clomid it can be really harsh on your supply of cervical mucus and Preseed is an analogue to that.

How best to use it depends on whether you are swaying blue or pink.

All blue swayers should use Preseed while on Clomid, at least 1-2 good size blobs per day from AF-attempt and then that much again as a lube. Additionally blue swayers shoudl use Robi/Muci starting 5 days prior to expected ovulation (this will be a guess when on Clomid, you can take it longer)

Pink swayers, should try to get pg without Preseed. If you've gone 4 months getting BFN, you should add in Preseed just as a lube with intercourse.

atomic sagebrush
November 6th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Hi All,

I dont think I need clomid but I am thinking of swaying pink. Can I request a prescription if I have no medical need and is that advisable? I totally understand the risk but if my doctor thinks I am okay to take it, should I?

A lot of times if you go in and request Clomid, they won't give it to you. It largely depends on your doctor.

atomic sagebrush
November 6th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Hi All,

A lot of times if you go in and request Clomid, they won't give it to you. It largely depends on your doctor.

Rno
November 6th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Thank you atomic for your reply, I am swaying blue and I have started taking Robi today, my last clomid pill was yesterday. I am so sorry, English is not my native language so Can you explain more what do you mean by "at least 1-2 good size blobs per day from AF-attempt and then that much again as a lube"? and what is AF attempt? :drama:

rainbowflower
November 7th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Thank you atomic for your reply, I am swaying blue and I have started taking Robi today, my last clomid pill was yesterday. I am so sorry, English is not my native language so Can you explain more what do you mean by "at least 1-2 good size blobs per day from AF-attempt and then that much again as a lube"? and what is AF attempt? :drama:
AF-attempt means you do it from the end of your period (Auntie Flow = AF) until after ovulation or your BD attempt (BD= baby dancing = sex)

and she means use plenty of lube inserted inside in advance of sex, and to use it again during sex

Rno
November 7th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Thank you rainbowflower!! That was really helpful !! I love you all gender dreaming!!

atomic sagebrush
November 9th, 2013, 11:27 AM
thank you rainbow!! :)

treens
November 13th, 2013, 09:53 AM
I hope you can help but i havant seen much info on this at all. My husband is on clomid to raise his count. would this sway? I will also be on clomid, Bravell and a triger. Do we have any hopes of a boy?

atomic sagebrush
November 13th, 2013, 03:50 PM
there is always hope of a boy. We honestly don't know that much about men prescribed Clomid, but it does lower estrogen and raise testosterone and on paper anyway that should help. For your end I would ask about supplemental estrogen to help make up for anything negative the clomid does to your CM/lining and be sure to use Preseed!

treens
November 14th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Thank you so much, i will defiantly give my Doc a call!!!

carmella_marie
January 23rd, 2014, 02:15 PM
My doc offered clomid when I was ttc #2 which ended up being a failed girl sway. I was hesitant to take it because I had heard about the cancer risk and I hadn't had any blood work done. Doc offered it bc my cycles were 60-70 days. I'd be interested to have blood work done just to see where all my levels were and if I would really need it or not. AS, in your opinion, do you think long cycles is a good reason for clomid alone or do I need blood work to confirm Hormone numbers?

atomic sagebrush
January 24th, 2014, 06:01 PM
yes long cycles are a great reason for Clomid.

PLEASE do not read anything into that cancer risk, it's on people who have had to take it for many months to TTC many children and doctors don't even GIVE it to people in that way any more.

unwirklich
March 7th, 2014, 12:43 AM
So, I simply asked my midwife for clomid to sway and she gave it to me (she's delivered all 3 of my kids, we are actually friends.) Now she's not a fertility doctor, admittedly, I likely know more about clomid than she did, she had to look it up in a book. The prescription is for 50 mg starting day 5. I've ovulated slightly early since my miscarriage in Nov. (CD 11-12). Afte reading the soy iso thread, I saw suggestion that you start on different cycle days depending on your normal ovulation and how many eggs/quality of eggs you want. Does clomid work that way? Or is it just cycle day 5 for everyone?

maidentomother
March 7th, 2014, 08:24 AM
Yes, clomid works exactly like that. Those ideas about when and why to take soy iso are adopted from clomid use, I'm pretty sure. So, take clomid earlier to develop more eggs, or later to develop better quality, and expect to O about 7 days after your last dose. For those with delayed O, an earlier schedule is sometimes used, and vice versa for those who O early.

The most common regimens I see are 3-7 and 5-9 but I've seen dosing start on any day up today 6, and even 10 days in a row in a few cases.

Are you thinking 5-9 or are you potentially interested in multiples?

unwirklich
March 7th, 2014, 02:04 PM
I'd be alright with twins, but not triplets lol I think that'd be too much. My pills are also 25 mg so I could take a half dose.

atomic sagebrush
March 11th, 2014, 02:41 PM
Don't take a half dose, you can still get multiples on a lower dose and if you take too low a dose, it's not going to do what it's supposed to do in terms of swaying and triggering ovulation.

If you tend to O a bit early, I would prob. start the Clomid CD 3-4 just to be absolutely sure you're getting in ahead of the beginning of the surge.

I don't have the "days to take" info in this essay because I want people to use their healthcare providers info instead of going off what I say, but yes, it does work the same as the soy.

ratcliffe1811
May 13th, 2014, 01:22 PM
After reading this thread im trying to finish what we are going to do for our sway and am finding myself with a few questions which i cant find the answers to. I've read Myo-inositol is good for swaying pink (although not much info) Could I add tht to my Clomid sway? I was planning on doing diet for 2 months with SP and on attempt I'd stop it on CD1 and start clomid CD3, i was going to have DH use LR and then bd frm positive opk to give a good chance of pg whilst lowering his count and was going to have him use benadryl 1 hour before each attempt (or ones closest to O) Also is there any point me drinking peppermint tea in the sway with clomid creating such a harsh enviroment. I'm so confused :think:

twinkle33
May 13th, 2014, 09:27 PM
Sorry realise this is an old thread just looking for help, Im on LE diet in the past when I take clomid it dries my CM up a lot that I struggle to keep the sperm alive, is there any sort of lube that I can use that wont kill off all the sperm, trying to avoid pre-seed etc. I think once I heard someone say canola is girl friendly long time ago tho??

ratcliffe1811
May 14th, 2014, 10:37 AM
Canola oil is the best one to use if i remember rightly

carmella_marie
May 14th, 2014, 10:42 AM
I like sylk personally, but I think ky is fine too

atomic sagebrush
May 17th, 2014, 03:19 PM
only use myo if pcos
i do not recommemnd LR with clomid
i woudl not do frequent BD, we have gotten scads of boys with that. one attempt at pos opk
no pep tea with Clomid

twinkle, I would havwe you use preseed if you need a lube. a little bit won't sway blue

NO CANOLA OIL, NO SYLK, NO KY ON CLOMID

NO CANOLA OIL FOR ANYONE

Beans626
July 21st, 2014, 04:51 PM
Atomic - what is the recommendation for ffrequent BD, or one attempt if you are using Clomid with a trigger injection? I am taking 100 mg Clomid on CD 2-6 and 10,000 units HCG upon positive OPK, with a 5,000 HCG booster 3-5 days after ovulation. I also have Estrace to use after a couple of months if my lining thins any. I am just wondering what the best way to BD would be with all of this. Thanks!

atomic sagebrush
July 22nd, 2014, 01:02 PM
how long ahve you been on clomid

Beans626
July 22nd, 2014, 01:27 PM
This is my first month. I am taking it CD 2-6 and today is the second day of taking it.

atomic sagebrush
July 24th, 2014, 11:52 AM
Ok so here is the schedule I"ve been using pretty successfully

1st 2 months on Clomid - one attempt at pos OPK

2nd 2 months - every 4 days

5th month - every 4 days plus one additional attempt at pos OPK

6th month - SMEP

7th month (you won't be taking Clomid this month, but it still seems to be swaying) - back to every 4 days plus one additional attempt at pos OPK

I would not have you use the Estrace, I think it sways blue

Beans626
July 30th, 2014, 01:14 PM
Thank you so much Atomic!!! I really appreciate your input. We actually did the 2nd two month protocol this month based on what your articles said as far as getting pg quickly on clomid. We BD on 7/22, 7/23 (still was lightly spotting from AF), 7/26, and 7/29. I triggered at a positive OPK on 7/28 in the evening and 36 hours later would be the morning of 7/30.

DH did a very shallow release and no "O" for me...I hope the CLomid and timing were enough to get it. I did notice i had NO EWCM this time around and I can usually see it increasing and then changing from creamy to EWCM. Nothing like that this time. I almost thought we were going to need a lubricant at one point. But, we used nothing for the attempt at O.

I am curious about your thoughts on Estrace. I know it is meant to help with lining (so therefore probable implantation). I also know that it sort of counteracts the drying up benefits of the Clomid. It is typically used after the Clomid and continuing through the first couple of weeks. What about using it after O (maybe 2DPO through AF/BFP)? Do you think this would do anything to help lining and chances of implantation while not interferring with the sway benefits of Clomid? I know none of this is proven, which is just why I am curious for your educated opinion. :)

atomic sagebrush
August 7th, 2014, 10:22 AM
read in another thread you were planning to use the Estrace only after O, beans. I think it is ~probably~ ok for the sway, but I don't think it's going to DO anything to help and thus I have to ask really what the point of doing that would be. THe lining is formed at that point, for the most part, and while some estrogen can help maintain it a bit longer, Clomid is already darn good at extending LP to start with. My thinking would be to hang onto the Estrace and if you go on 4 months with BFN, add it in at that point (in the standard way of using it.)

I am also a bit wary about using it in early pg and then dropping it, except under the advice of a doctor. I don't like sending that signal to your body that hormone levels were at X level and now it's suddenly dropped - at least not before the placenta is well developed at the end of the first trimester. How do the HT docs usually have people come off it?

bpram
June 15th, 2015, 10:34 AM
Hi all, I'm on my second round of clomid. 1st round I did not ovulate on 50 mg so this month I am taking 100 mg. Last time a got a boy on 100 mg but no diet so crossing my fingers that I can get a girl this time.
Can I do anything to dry my ewcm? Do not think Clomid does the job. And should I add calcium/mag supplements? Not taking anything apart from baby aspirin (1 pr day) and folic (800 mg pr day). Thank you ����

Hitmebabyonemoretime
June 15th, 2015, 12:34 PM
I'm on 100mg and it did nothing for my EWCM either. Antihistamines apparently is the go to; atomic can recommend a couple - I can't remember which ones atm, but there are various threads we can look up.
What is baby aspirin used for in a sway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
June 15th, 2015, 12:56 PM
There are VERY LIKELY changes in your CM that you can't see with the naked eye and I really do not recommend adding in antihistamines for anyone, especially those who need Clomid to conceive and have used it in the past. There is a lifetime limit of number of Clomid cycles you can use and I do not want anyone who needs Clomid to do much of anything to prohibit conception because you may be "using up" months on having attempts that are not viable ones.

Remember, less/dryer CM is just a hypothesis with no hard evidence to back it up. We GUESS that it may sway, but we do not know that.

atomic sagebrush
June 15th, 2015, 12:58 PM
I'm on 100mg and it did nothing for my EWCM either. Antihistamines apparently is the go to; atomic can recommend a couple - I can't remember which ones atm, but there are various threads we can look up.
What is baby aspirin used for in a sway?

If you guys MUST use antihistamine, do rescue method only 1 cetirizine 6 hours before attempt.

Aspirin used to be for pH, but we got so-so results with it, had lots of side effects and new evidence came to light that indicated that aspirin could have even worse side effects (dangerous) than we realized. I felt like it wasn't worth the risks for results that weren't stellar. That having been said a large minority of women are given baby aspirin by their doctors for medical conditions like MTHFR and other clotting problems or after repeat chemicals, and that is fine, they should carry on doing that. I am just not down with using aspirin any more JUST for swaying.

Hitmebabyonemoretime
June 15th, 2015, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the reply Atomic. I was hoping you'd say it was also magic bean for luteal phase ;)

bpram
June 16th, 2015, 06:21 AM
If you guys MUST use antihistamine, do rescue method only 1 cetirizine 6 hours before attempt.

Aspirin used to be for pH, but we got so-so results with it, had lots of side effects and new evidence came to light that indicated that aspirin could have even worse side effects (dangerous) than we realized. I felt like it wasn't worth the risks for results that weren't stellar. That having been said a large minority of women are given baby aspirin by their doctors for medical conditions like MTHFR and other clotting problems or after repeat chemicals, and that is fine, they should carry on doing that. I am just not down with using aspirin any more JUST for swaying.

Thank you Atomic. Much appreciated! Maybe I'll reduce my intake of aspirins to 1 every 2nd day. Would you recommend Calcium with clomid? I have looked through the different clomid threads, but cannot find anything. Thank you!

atomic sagebrush
June 16th, 2015, 12:58 PM
calcium and clomid is fine

If you don't need aspirin for medical conditions then yes, please no more than 3-5 per week!!

honeybee
May 3rd, 2017, 06:57 AM
I know this post is old, I found it while searching for clomid and green tea. I asked my doctor if I could still drink herbal tea such as green tea, and she said she didn't see why not. But, I don't want to do anything that will make clomid less effective! I start clomid tonight on day 5. What about coq10? I'm trying to improve egg quality, but I also read plain old whole fat milk and added protein helps to encourage follicles to grow!

atomic sagebrush
May 3rd, 2017, 11:36 AM
No green tea. This is one thing I feel I have a much better bead on than doctors do. It messes up people's cycles even under ideal circumstances. Also I'd keep pep tea and RRLT minimal, no more than 2x a week

Full fat dairy is the best thing you can do IMO. :agree:

Coq10 is fine to take usually HOWEVER I want you to NOT take it. The reason is it can affect your blood clotting and since there is not enough time for a) it to do anything for your egg quality at this point and b) your body to adjust to the effects on blood clotting meaning your blood might be either too sticky or too thin if you start it now both of which are not good for an implanting baby, please just skip this supp. I think it's too risky for zero benefit at this stage.

honeybee
May 3rd, 2017, 04:31 PM
Thank you!! I'm focusing on salads with plenty of veggies! Today, I had beers for the first time. Not too bad! I've been eating more avocado as well.

atomic sagebrush
September 28th, 2017, 03:22 PM

While this is a very old post I can now say unequivocally without a single solitary doubt that Clomid is better by a factor of a million billion trillion quadrillion.

atomic sagebrush
December 14th, 2017, 09:25 AM
bump