PDA

View Full Version : Butt growth and gender

Hobbermittens
July 7th, 2012, 11:41 PM
Did your butt grow with your pregnancy, a lot or a little, and what was the gender of your baby?

I am wondering this because my butt hasn't grown much at all this pregnancy, other than a little weight I have gained everywhere, but mostly I am just huge out front. At work, I was just complaining about being fat and big in general, and I made a comment about "my fat ass", which is actually not all that fat (none of my pants are tight in the rear). Anyway someone told me that meant my baby was a girl, because with girls your butt grows. I have had 2 girls, and I honestly don't remember my butt being any bigger then than with my boy pregnancy. Anyone know anything about this Old Wive's Tale?

Butterfly Spirit
July 7th, 2012, 11:52 PM
I will just say this.. My ass is big enough.. so I don't need a bigger one!!!! ;)

mybluepilot
July 8th, 2012, 12:11 AM
I really think it depends on your heights and in general where do you pack the fat when you gain weight ..you have the pear shape, apple shape etc... BUT..... I have had two girls and yes I have gained all in my butt... Both my pregnancies were hips and butt weight, which is really hard to lose :(

TTC5
July 8th, 2012, 01:54 AM
My bum has grown heaps!!!!

Zivic-Bubac
July 8th, 2012, 05:45 AM
Ha, ha Hobbi, you made me laugh! :giggle:
With DD1 I can't remember, DD2 I was huge and so was my butt :rofl:, this time it looks like it has shrinked if that's possible.

dloui128
July 8th, 2012, 08:27 AM
I have gained 14lbs and it went all to my boobs and butt and I'm having a boy, with dd1 I gained weight all over and with dd2 I barely gained weight anywhere other than my stomach

Mochagirl
July 8th, 2012, 09:16 AM
I'm fairly short and so I generally gain weight all over while pregnant. Yes, this means my already ample butt gets even bigger in pregnancy - boy or girl.

Hobbermittens
July 8th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Well, good to get answers all over the board! I have gained weigh everywhere, but pretty proportionally, aside from my giant belly. My butt definitely hasn't gotten huge or anything. I have had several people ask if I am carrying more than one baby :sigh: and everyone else is shocked I have 3 months left to go.

auroara78
July 16th, 2012, 10:50 AM
every pregnancy ppl tell me the same: "you're all belly"

my butt is bigger each time just from gaining wieght every preg but it's not huge or it hasn't grown on its own. The only thing besides my belly that has grown this time are my boobs. They went from a B to a C, and they never grew during preg with my boys.

cravingsalt
July 16th, 2012, 12:36 PM
With my two boys, definitely grew a big butt. First pregnancy, my 5 year old niece pointed it out and asked if your butt gets pregnant too. Second pregnancy, I held up my maternity jeans from my first and thought holy heck, I'll never fit into these! Then 3 months later I did. And that's with gaining the recommended weight (34 lbs each)

Shellbelle
July 16th, 2012, 12:41 PM
First pregnancy, my 5 year old niece pointed it out and asked if your butt gets pregnant too.

I really just laughed out loud at that!

I was mostly belly with my boys, and my butt definitely got bigger with my girl. However, I was thinner when both my boys were conceived -- when Charley (dd) was conceived, I was at my highest ever weight, so maybe that had something to do with it. I think with her, I had so much extra weight anyway that it appeared that I gained it more in places other than just my belly. My face and hair also looked awful with her, and my great grandmother told me it was because "girls steal your beauty." LOL

atomic sagebrush
July 24th, 2012, 02:28 PM
My butt was HUGE with my boys...and it's still huge LOL

alreadyneedivf
July 24th, 2012, 02:32 PM
no idea but a coworker walked up to me and said I must be having a boy because my butt popped just as much as my belly--thanks lady! I told her I was having a boy and now she tells everyone how she knew I was having a boy. I mean she sits outside my office and I found out at 19 weeks and told everyone it was a boy and this was at week 32--so I don't think she's getting the nobel peace prize anytime soon.

The Anchor
July 24th, 2012, 02:49 PM
I've heard the same thing (as was so thoughtfully pointed out to alreadyneedivf), that big belly and big butt equals big boy. And it sure was true for me...I gained 70 lbs with my DS.

dloui128
July 24th, 2012, 02:51 PM
I've heard the same thing (as was so thoughtfully pointed out to alreadyneedivf), that big belly and big butt equals big boy. And it sure was true for me...I gained 70 lbs with my DS.

lol I totally believe this, my butt and belly are huge this time, I have already gained more weight now at almost 20 weeks with my boy then I did total with my girls

lucky3
July 24th, 2012, 05:14 PM
With this pregnancy my Butt has got bigger & i am having a girl.

With my first which is also a girl. butt size did not increase at all.

So i think its just another OWT

Princess of Pink
July 24th, 2012, 11:46 PM
My butt has been one thing that has never grown during pregnancy!!

fresas
July 25th, 2012, 06:52 PM
I have always gained weight in my booty (why can't it go to my boobs?!), pregnancy or not. I gained weight on my thighs and butt mostly, both pregnancies.

CherryBlossom
August 16th, 2012, 06:37 AM
I have a big kardashian arse normally... come pregnancy with both boys.... I lost my butt.
I sort of thought because my belly was so big and all out there that it made my bum look smaller lol.

CherryBlossom
August 16th, 2012, 06:45 AM
I have a big kardashian arse normally... come pregnancy with both boys.... I lost my butt.
I sort of thought because my belly was so big and all out there that it made my bum look smaller lol.

peaberry86
February 26th, 2013, 02:42 AM
With DS, I remained rather trim throughout and was all tummy! My mom said her hips and butt got really big when pregnant with me, but she was all tummy with my two brothers.

Navywife620
February 27th, 2013, 06:22 PM
With boy of my boys pregnancy my butt and hips got huge!! But that is where I gain weight!

Wanting-a-girl
February 27th, 2013, 06:31 PM
With my ds3 my poor thighs :( they will never be the same