PDA

View Full Version : Do you like getting flowers?

Gus
February 1st, 2011, 12:23 PM
I am a cheapskate so I always ask dh not to get flowers for me, but I secretly like it. Lol. Dh usually gets me some on Valentine's day and on ds3's birthday, and occasionally for my birthday.

nuthinbutpink
February 1st, 2011, 03:18 PM
Yes but I would rather have jewelry:oops:.

xnicolax
February 1st, 2011, 03:40 PM
Yeah, I love it when he buys me flowers, in fact I have told him I want some for valentines day this year. It's not quite the same when you have to ask for them though:/ I wouldnt want them all the time though, they are a bit of a waste of money but nice for special occasions.

Lilian78
February 1st, 2011, 03:43 PM
No, if I'm going to get something that doesn't last, I'd rather it be a meal out.

december
February 1st, 2011, 07:20 PM
Yes! I always tell DH not to buy me flowers, but I secretly love it.

skrimpy
February 1st, 2011, 08:01 PM
Well DH has always sworn up and down that he thinks flowers are the stupidest thing ever and that I should never expect him to get something like that.

Then last Valentine's Day he bought me a dozen roses. I almost died in shock and it made me so happy :p So I'd say I like flowers.

I've gotten an "Edible Arrangement" before, too, after one of the kids was born and I'll admit that getting an arrangement of chocolate-covered fruits was delightful, too!

prettyinpink18
February 1st, 2011, 08:14 PM
I do, but don't get them very often so it is really nice when I do.

Liv
February 1st, 2011, 08:38 PM
I wish he'd just by me a gift card with the money he spent on flowers.:oops:

Ashgirl
February 1st, 2011, 08:43 PM
Love flowers, but not on Valentine's day so that DH thinks that's his "gift" - I know that sounds awful. Jewelry works well!

Viene
February 1st, 2011, 09:17 PM
No, if I'm going to get something that doesn't last, I'd rather it be a meal out.

This.

Orchid
February 2nd, 2011, 02:06 PM
DH buys flowers very rarely. I think I like it.

atomic sagebrush
February 2nd, 2011, 03:06 PM
I do like them. My husband actually used to pick me flowers sometimes, but then he stopped because he said he "never got what he wanted" out of them. Hasn't given me flowers since then. :/

sunnyinflorida
February 3rd, 2011, 09:56 AM
I'm not into flowers wine would be my 1st choice :wink:

MyLilSweetPeas
February 3rd, 2011, 01:07 PM
I have always told dh not to get me flowers because they are just going to die but I do like flowers on occasion just not the traditional flower occasions.

Dh took ds 1 to the store once and they came home with a beautiful bouquet of flowers. Only problem was when I realized they were FAKE, lol. They both used the excuse that these flowers would not die. Well, I realized after 2 weeks that it's a good thing that flowers die because who wants to look at the same bouquet for a year! Needless to say, those flowers ended up in the garbage!

sunnyinflorida
February 3rd, 2011, 01:11 PM
I do like them. My husband actually used to pick me flowers sometimes, but then he stopped because he said he "never got what he wanted" out of them. Hasn't given me flowers since then. :/

lol men :sigh:

GreaseMonkey
February 3rd, 2011, 01:35 PM
Absolutely!! And jewelry too :)

Bee Shine
February 5th, 2011, 09:16 PM

totally this!

Lillylolly
February 9th, 2011, 07:12 AM
I do like the surprise of receiving flowers and the thought behind it. I always have fresh flowers in the house - they brighten up a miserable day and always look beautiful as you walk past.

Jojogirl
February 9th, 2011, 09:09 AM
I am a cheapskate so I always ask dh not to get flowers for me, but I secretly like it. Lol. Dh usually gets me some on Valentine's day and on ds3's birthday, and occasionally for my birthday.I actually don't like it. I had a crazy ex that would give me flowers everytime he screwed up. It's an association thing. I would rather jewelry...LOL!

Tweens&aBaby
February 11th, 2011, 04:42 PM
I don't like them from my DH because that means I had to buy them too. I used to love getting them from my ex-boyfriends though.

My Fabulous Children
February 12th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Same here!

JackiesHope
February 14th, 2011, 08:52 AM
I love getting flowers but I feel guilty because I know how expenisve they are. I feel like I should choose something more practical.

katiemumma
April 29th, 2012, 08:29 AM
i would love to get some hoping birth of baby will be first time