PDA

View Full Version : Cramps at 27 weeks?

Hobbermittens
July 8th, 2012, 01:21 PM
I have been feeling crampy last night and today. It just feels like period cramps. Not contractions. I have a regular appt with my Dr scheduled for tomorrow, but if I want to be seen today, I would have to go to the ER, and I don't feel like it is that urgent, but I also don't want to ignore something that could be a sign of preterm labor.

Has anyone had these types of cramps at this gestation?

Zivic-Bubac
July 8th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Maybe it's just Braxton-Hicks contractions? Braxton Hicks contractions | BabyCenter (http://www.babycenter.com/0_braxton-hicks-contractions_156.bc)

I have them quite often, it's uncomfortable, but mostly painless. I've had 1 real contraction 2 weeks ago, but since it was one and only lol! I didn't panic (much :wink:)

Hobbermittens
July 8th, 2012, 03:32 PM
No, I have had Braxton-Hicks since about 12 weeks, and it isn't that. It really just feels like low-grade period cramps.

dloui128
July 8th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Maybe it is just your uterus stretching, I would drink lots of water and relax

TTC5
July 8th, 2012, 06:16 PM
I would definately get seen to! As you know I went in to pre term labour at 26 weeks and it started just like this.

nestof3
July 8th, 2012, 06:59 PM
I'd go get checked out just to be safe :)

Hobbermittens
July 8th, 2012, 09:19 PM
I called the ER and they said drink water and rest, which I have been doing, and it feels somewhat better. I have a Dr appt tomorrow, so I think I will wait it out unless it starts to get worse.

TTC5, are you out of the woods now? What other symptoms did you have besides cramping?

nestof3
July 9th, 2012, 04:29 PM
How did your appointment go today?

Hobbermittens
July 9th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Thanks for asking, nestof3! My cramps were gone by the time I went in for my appointment, so my Dr didn't check me. He thought I was just dehydrated, and told me to drink more water, which I am doing. I hope the cramps stay gone!

dloui128
July 9th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Thanks for asking, nestof3! My cramps were gone by the time I went in for my appointment, so my Dr didn't check me. He thought I was just dehydrated, and told me to drink more water, which I am doing. I hope the cramps stay gone!

Im glad everything went ok, my dr told me in this heat I should drink a gallon of water a day, I mean seriously does she just want me to sit in the bathroom all day because that is where I will be if I drink a gallon of water

nestof3
July 9th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Glad it has stopped :) Hope it stays away!!