PDA

View Full Version : Annual family portraits?

Gus
February 1st, 2011, 12:28 PM
Do you have a family portrait taken every year? We don't, but we're going to start. I love looking at all the glowing family pics on Christmas cards.

nuthinbutpink
February 1st, 2011, 03:17 PM
I try to and our school used to do one as a fundraiser which I thought was a great idea but it is getting harder. I got a really nice camera for Christmas so I am starting to take pics of the kids on my own instead of hiring someone. Can't be in it too though for a family one!

Lilian78
February 1st, 2011, 03:38 PM
Yup, pretty much every year at least. And I made the decision to move that portrait to summer last year (cheaper and less stressful!). I too got a nice camera and take pics of the kids on my own, but I don't think there is any replacement for a good quality professional photo (plus I've learned I can waste way way too much time on photoshop!). We got to a pretty pricey photographer for the family photo, and I take the kids there too for pictures at age 1 and 2 (usually get to cheap after that :P).

prettyinpink18
February 1st, 2011, 08:12 PM
We do a professional one every other year. But take several of our family throughout the year at parties and on holidays.

Ashgirl
February 1st, 2011, 08:38 PM
Yes - we do it at least once a year. I'm a picture nut though.

grits
February 1st, 2011, 09:45 PM
No. I'm camera adverse. I'm trying to change that though.

Liv
February 2nd, 2011, 01:18 PM
We take a professional family pic every year.

atomic sagebrush
February 2nd, 2011, 03:08 PM
My husband is morally opposed to paying money for photos LOL! But he has taken some nice ones of us. Much better than wasting hours at a portrait studio.

crystal-light
February 2nd, 2011, 04:27 PM
We have for the past 2 yrs. Not sure about this year though, got to see how money runs.

december
February 2nd, 2011, 11:07 PM
No. I'm camera adverse. I'm trying to change that though.

This exactly.

Tweens&aBaby
February 3rd, 2011, 07:27 PM
I missed a few years but am back on the right track the last few years <3

Jojogirl
February 4th, 2011, 06:32 PM
I take pics of the kids all the time but I HATE getting in pics so I rarely do a family one. Plus...i'm always the one taking pics because dh is not a camera guy.

Bee Shine
February 5th, 2011, 09:14 PM
We have them taken several times a year if possible. It really depends on how I am feeling about how I look. ha! Since both my husband and I are photographers... we have friends that are professional photographers and getting our pictures taken is pretty easy.