PDA

View Full Version : signs and symptoms of early pregnancy

atomic sagebrush
February 1st, 2011, 12:46 PM
Update - 12-24-17

Update 1) Please note that the pink and blue storks in this essay are just for fun, you CANNOT tell your baby's gender from symptoms and these symptoms are all equally applicable to any pregnancy regardless of the gender of your baby.

Update 2) Since pregnancy symptoms are caused by hormones (particularly progesterone) that are also at higher levels after ovulation, it is very, very common to experience symptoms that seem pregnancy-ish when you are not pregnant. Do not go off your sway diet until you have a positive pregnancy test even if you're sure that you are pregnant.

Update 3) You cannot be having pregnancy symptoms before implantation has occured. You may be experiencing symptoms of some sort but it's not from pregnancy, it's from hormone fluctuations. It is believed that some months when you are high in hormones and having a lot of hormonal symptoms, you are also more likely to conceive then - so it's possible to have early symptoms in a month you do end up conceiving, but the symptoms are not caused by pregnancy, they're caused by high hormone levels that then enable pregnancy to occur. It is fine if you do not believe that this is the case, it is fine if you are certain you knew you were pregnant 3 days past ovulation, but whether you believe it or not, don't go off your sway diet till you have a positive pregnancy test.

Update 4)You MUST take a pregnancy test before starting hormonal supplements, drinking alcohol, and especially before starting Clomid or Femara. Even if you have had no symptoms, even if you had what you think was a period, even if you are 110% sure you are not pregnant, take a pregnancy test 14 DPO or the day you're due to start your medication in the case of Clomid and Femara. You can have what appears to be a totally normal period and be pregnant the entire time and you can cause your baby serious harm taking these things while you are pregnant.

Update 5) You cannot tell your baby's gender from early pregnancy symptoms or from the darkness of your pregnancy tests. Please read my reply in this thread for a thorough explanation as to why this is. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/30461-knowing-your-baby-gender-your-pregnancy-test-2.html

We have a helpful FAQ thread about getting and staying pregnant here:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/52342-faq-about-getting-staying-pregnant-early-pregnancy.html

Are you a nervous wreck waiting to test? You may be able to tell if you're pregnant days before you can POAS.

:ttcgirl:Fatigue - One of the earliest signs of pregnancy for many of us is sheer, mind-numbing exhaustion. Since a lot of moms feel that way on a daily basis anyway, this is kind of a tough one to notice!

:ttcboy:Sore, tingling breasts - When I was TTC my third son, I was getting something out of my car and I barely hit my breast on the car door. But I had a huge amount of pain and tingling and I knew then and there I was pregnant, even though I hadn't even missed my period yet. If you're breastfeeding, you may not notice this, but you may notice you are suddenly making less milk or nursing has become painful.

:ttcgirl: Spotting and cramping - 7-10 days after conception, you may experience a little spotting as the egg implants in your uterus. Or you may have mild to severe menstrual-like cramps. (this may happen a little sooner if you have gone HT)

:ttcboy:Nausea and vomiting - Usually these symptoms come along a little later in pregnancy, but if you're expecting twins it can strike quite early!! Sensitivity to smell is also a very early sign for some.

:ttcgirl: Food aversions, cravings, changes in appetite - if you're suddenly grossed out by the thought of chicken or eating massive amounts of chocolate, that can be a sign that you're eating (or not eating) for two!

:ttcboy: Feeling lightheaded - Your blood vessels dilate and this can lead to low blood pressure and dizziness, even fainting if you get up too quickly.

:ttcgirl: Moodiness - This is one symptom you can't really trust, because many of us get moody/anxious right after ovulation and/or right before our periods anyway. Still, it can be a sign of pregnancy.

:ttcboy: Constipation - For some of us, this is one of the earliest signs we experience. Progesterone affects the intestines and makes them work more slowly.

:ttcgirl: Headaches and migraines - Headaches and hormonal migraines are extremely common in early pregnancy. Even if you've never had a migraine before, you may experience them in early pregnancy. This may be a result of the lower blood pressure and dilated vessels.

:ttcboy: Vaginal discharge - You're already beginning to form a mucus plug in your cervix that will be with you for the next 9 months - along with a mild but noticeable discharge.

:ttcgirl: Frequent urination and thirstiness - These two things go hand in hand with pregnancy and can start very early on.

:ttcboy: Changes in sexual appetite - You may want to DTD more or want your husband as far away as possible.

:ttcgirl:Heartburn, varicose veins, hemorrhoids, sciatica, pelvic pain - For those of us who have had several pregnancies, we may begin to experience the aches and pains caused by relaxin (the hormone your body releases that allows your tissues to stretch enough to allow a baby to pass through the birth canal) very early on.

NOTE: these are not boy and girl symptoms, I just used pink and blue icons to make them easier to see!

dee
March 9th, 2012, 05:16 AM
thanks this is really helpful

PeonyPrincess
March 9th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Interesting. I thought I had no symptoms in the 2WW, but in hindsight I got heartburn at 6DPO. Took a couple of tums and went to sleep. And I did get dizzy, but as I usually have low BP, that happens quite often so I thought nothing of it.

Annita2003
May 2nd, 2012, 01:52 AM
Though the signs and symptoms that I'm having are pretty much promising, like I have extremely sore breasts, dizziness when I get up too quickly, constipation then and now, fatigue,uterine twinges but most of these symptoms I also have , though to a lesser extent, before my AF comes. So I donot know whether to keep my hopes up and still afraid that it will only end with a heart break

mydream
May 19th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Why do symptoms come and go in early preg? Like yesterday my boobs were extremely sore, today not as sore....so of course I am getting worried..ahhhh HELP!!

jils04
May 20th, 2012, 01:07 AM
Great list !!
There is one thing i noticed before poas that made me think i was pregnant and that was quicker breathing. Its double time and shallower for extra circulation and blood flow to the uterus. Noticed this the last couple of pregnancies.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

HopingForPigtails
May 20th, 2012, 01:14 AM
Great list !!
There is one thing i noticed before poas that made me think i was pregnant and that was quicker breathing. Its double time and shallower for extra circulation and blood flow to the uterus. Noticed this the last couple of pregnancies.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

I get that, too, Jills! That's what made me test with DS2- I was carrying DS1 up the stairs and was so short of breath. Even just laying still makes my breath quicken when preggo! Plus, towards the end of pregnancy, I notice more veins going to my lungs and uterus. Crazy!!

aroundtheworld
July 5th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Only a few of these are really happening for me at the moment. Boo.

Rabbit0809
March 10th, 2013, 03:54 AM
I really stopped beleiving in early pregnancy symptoms.
Last month,starting from 5 dpo,I had all the pregnancy symptoms in the worls,seriously,I was 1 million percent sure I was pg, sure to the degree that even afterAF came full force,I couldnt beleive it,and poas just to triple check,BFN surely,but after that,I promised myself I would never ever over analyze a symptom.

atomic sagebrush
March 10th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Yes, the trouble with some of these things is that they can also happen from ovulation/impending AF.

pooh_ob
March 11th, 2013, 05:37 AM
ditto rabbit, ditto... :(

sunnygirl
March 12th, 2013, 11:03 PM
I really stopped beleiving in early pregnancy symptoms.
Last month,starting from 5 dpo,I had all the pregnancy symptoms in the worls,seriously,I was 1 million percent sure I was pg, sure to the degree that even afterAF came full force,I couldnt beleive it,and poas just to triple check,BFN surely,but after that,I promised myself I would never ever over analyze a symptom.

I think I may be the same you you. I've got 4 days before my 2WW is over and af arrives. Still BFN today, yet I've had so many of the early pregnancy signs. Atomic is right, they can also be confused as O-af signs. My hopes are beginning to fade fast.

afy
April 15th, 2013, 10:43 AM
I was been gettin extreme headaches a few days ago and now they just come and go which i dont usually experience often and EXTREME thirst.. I already drank 2 n half litres of water and I was still SO thirsty... ahhh all shall be revealed when good old AF arrives.. trying not to overthink anything!

With my DD before i even missed my period or had an inkling that i could be pregnant I had extremely sore boobs and dizziness, sever headaches.. ugh!

atomic sagebrush
April 19th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Me too with the thirstiness. One of my earliest symptoms. GL afy!!!

sharon
July 2nd, 2013, 12:57 PM
Are the pink & blue storks meaning that's the gender most likely with corresponding symptom ? Or am I jst reading too much into that lol

Cauliflower
July 4th, 2013, 07:57 AM
I was just wondering how early one should test.
I have been having cramps, dizziness, and breast tenderness, but they are too unspecific. Is 9 DPO too early for a test...
I hate 2WW :(

atomic sagebrush
July 4th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Are the pink & blue storks meaning that's the gender most likely with corresponding symptom ? Or am I jst reading too much into that lol

No just for decoration. Pregnancy symptoms do not indicate gender and you cannot tell gender early in pregnancy http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/30730-gender-abortions-please-leave-me-out.html

atomic sagebrush
July 4th, 2013, 12:09 PM
I was just wondering how early one should test.
I have been having cramps, dizziness, and breast tenderness, but they are too unspecific. Is 9 DPO too early for a test...
I hate 2WW :(

I personally would wait, but that's me. Some people like to know super early, I was always happy to wait to see if I missed AF because of the potential for chemicals.

You can start getting positives as early as 7 DPO, but 12-16 DPO is more certain.

Becca.lms
July 28th, 2013, 04:07 PM
No just for decoration. Pregnancy symptoms do not indicate gender and you cannot tell gender early in pregnancy http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/30730-gender-abortions-please-leave-me-out.html

What's all this about nub guessing?

Cdurkin12
November 10th, 2013, 10:23 PM
i am due for AF wednesday and boy do I hate this 2WW. I have been having twinges in my stomach, lower back achiness and irritablity for the entire time...I have 2 kids and don't remember feeling this way before. I compare it to ovulation cramping but it has been going on for over a week....Someone actually said to me "if you're pregnant it might just be twins with these strong symptoms".......anyone else have symptoms like this

atomic sagebrush
November 16th, 2013, 02:24 PM
What's all this about nub guessing?

I have no idea what you're asking me here.

atomic sagebrush
November 16th, 2013, 02:25 PM
i am due for AF wednesday and boy do I hate this 2WW. I have been having twinges in my stomach, lower back achiness and irritablity for the entire time...I have 2 kids and don't remember feeling this way before. I compare it to ovulation cramping but it has been going on for over a week....Someone actually said to me "if you're pregnant it might just be twins with these strong symptoms".......anyone else have symptoms like this

Update??

Some pregnancies start out very crampy and it doesn't correlate with twins.

nikcib
January 21st, 2014, 04:34 PM
I feel pretty confident in my 9dpo not big or fat but there positive w/ fmu and afternoon (held all day) urine. So I will post my symptoms before I forget.

1-4 dpo nothing at all
5-6 dpo - fatigue! If I was pregnant this round, I was going to be surprised because I was much more tired than usual. I tried to convince myself that it was too early but I did not imagine it. I've never had symptoms this early in either of my other pregnancies
7dpo- extremely sick with fever around 100, body aches (especially in hips like they hurt at end of pregnancy), and bad nausea. The nausea and fever lasted a full 24 hours
8dpo- still a little queazy and weak feeling but better than the day before, temp back down to 98.17 (still well above cover line)
9dpo- positive on wondfo...was skeptical but husband could see it clearly and it can be captured on camera (evap lines I've had before never could be seen in a picture). Still burpy and have decreased appetite. Fatigue

yogi&booboo
January 22nd, 2014, 11:51 AM
Are you a nervous wreck waiting to test? You may be able to tell if you're pregnant days before you can POAS.

:ttcgirl:Fatigue - One of the earliest signs of pregnancy for many of us is sheer, mind-numbing exhaustion. Since a lot of moms feel that way on a daily basis anyway, this is kind of a tough one to notice!

:ttcboy:Sore, tingling breasts - When I was TTC my third son, I was getting something out of my car and I barely hit my breast on the car door. But I had a huge amount of pain and tingling and I knew then and there I was pregnant, even though I hadn't even missed my period yet. If you're breastfeeding, you may not notice this, but you may notice you are suddenly making less milk or nursing has become painful.

:ttcgirl: Spotting and cramping - 7-10 days after conception, you may experience a little spotting as the egg implants in your uterus. Or you may have mild to severe menstrual-like cramps. (this may happen a little sooner if you have gone HT)

:ttcboy:Nausea and vomiting - Usually these symptoms come along a little later in pregnancy, but if you're expecting twins it can strike quite early!! Sensitivity to smell is also a very early sign for some.

:ttcgirl: Food aversions, cravings, changes in appetite - if you're suddenly grossed out by the thought of chicken or eating massive amounts of chocolate, that can be a sign that you're eating (or not eating) for two!

:ttcboy: Feeling lightheaded - Your blood vessels dilate and this can lead to low blood pressure and dizziness, even fainting if you get up too quickly.

:ttcgirl: Moodiness - This is one symptom you can't really trust, because many of us get moody right before our periods anyway. Still, it can be a sign of pregnancy.

:ttcboy: Constipation - For some of us, this is one of the earliest signs we experience. Progesterone affects the intestines and makes them work more slowly.

:ttcgirl: Headaches and migraines - Headaches and hormonal migraines are extremely common in early pregnancy. Even if you've never had a migraine before, you may experience them in early pregnancy. This may be a result of the lower blood pressure and dilated vessels.

:ttcboy: Vaginal discharge - You're already beginning to form a mucus plug in your cervix that will be with you for the next 9 months - along with a mild but noticeable discharge.

:ttcgirl: Frequent urination and thirstiness - These two things go hand in hand with pregnancy and can start very early on.

:ttcboy: Changes in sexual appetite - You may want to DTD more or want your husband as far away as possible.

:ttcgirl:Heartburn, varicose veins, hemmorhoids, sciatica, pelvic pain - For those of us who have had several pregnancies, we may begin to experience the aches and pains caused by relaxin (the hormone your body releases that allows your tissues to stretch enough to allow a baby to pass through the birth canal) very early on.

Hi Atomic,

I am in desperate need of your expertise :nails:

I also posted this to the 2WW thread. I am trying so hard for this not to stress me out but here it goes. Today I am 8 DPO. My LP is usually around 14 days. Today So far Monday evening and early Tuesday through noon (1/20/14 & 1/21/14) I noticed cramping, and Nausea. This morning today Wednesday I went to my first morning Pee pee lol at work and when I wiped I noticed some spotting. My heart doesn't know if to either be sad or excited. Any who, I saw some light bleeding. I did a cervix check and it was mainly brownish, but at wiping at first it was a big bright red spot. This morning when I took my BBT i noticed a dip as well. Its still not AF temps. Im below 97.00 when AF is arriving. My temp today is still slightly up and my period is not due for another 7 or so days. I'm a bit worried, but prepared for what ever happens. This is my first attempt after charting since Sept 2013, shortly after stopping my BC that I was on for the past 3 years. I need some re-assurance to be prepared for the worst.

Sorry for my TMI, but we are all on the same boat here lol I have to share my pic again. Please let me know what you think. PS I already when for my second restroom run but there no more spotting there :think:
:bighug:

atomic sagebrush
January 22nd, 2014, 03:32 PM
well...obviously spotting and a temp dip is not what we really want to see at this point. I wouldn't have my hopes up, of course anything is possible but I just don't see this chart as one that immediately says "pregnant!" in my mind.

yogi&booboo
January 22nd, 2014, 04:21 PM
well...obviously spotting and a temp dip is not what we really want to see at this point. I wouldn't have my hopes up, of course anything is possible but I just don't see this chart as one that immediately says "pregnant!" in my mind.

I figured this too, because I haven't seen the spike in Temp but Ill keep you updated. My spotting went away by the way :) I only saw it once when I went that one time, Which I'm happy was not my full blown AF. I checked my CM after lunch and it was stretchy kinda clear but not 100% clear. I'm still hopeful thought. I feel very strange today and lots of nausea and minor cramping. I guess I will begin testing around when my period should begin which is next week. I unfortunately ovulated late, but I think other that, everything else looks normal :)

:pray:

Thanks for your response atomic :)

atomic sagebrush
January 24th, 2014, 02:07 PM
good luck!!

Lilly 585
April 10th, 2014, 11:14 PM
My af was due on 9dpo. I got spotting on 10dpo and faint positive in first response and neg on dollar store test. Today at 12 dpo I went to walk in clinic . Dr told me that it's neg, then she send me for blood test and was told that my hcg is 15. She gave me another test for hcg levels next week .should I keep my hopes high. Today I m cd28. I have cycle length of 26 days. ( sorry for my English )

atomic sagebrush
April 12th, 2014, 12:52 PM
That's good Lilly! I think you are pregnant! It is not unusual to get negative urine tests even 12-14 DPO and have a dark positive test after that.

FX for a sticky baby!!!

flowerlily
April 12th, 2014, 02:03 PM
WTH! I thought pelvic and hip pains were late pregnancy symptoms which are what I'm experiencing now at 12dpo, and I'm like 'what is wrong with me?' Among other symptoms like headaches, lower back pain, thirst and frequent trips to the loo and not feeling like eating, (weird taste in my mouth).
I'll test tomorrow and see what happens as I think I Oed way later than I thought, on 10dpo or CD24 and now I'm on CD36 with no sign of AF!

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

flowerlily
April 13th, 2014, 08:20 AM
Yaaay got my BFP today!!!:D
I thought I should add more symptoms I've been having the past few days, constipation, sensitive gums, sore full like boobs, thick creamy CM with white strings, tiredness, sleepy, bloated, gassy, burpy, short of breath.
The difference between this and my previous pregnancies is that I never had loss of appetite/forcing/reminding myself to eat this early nor did I had hip and pelvic pains or sensitive gums this early!:confused:
Plus a clingy toddler who refuses his once a day BFing that he always looked forward to! :o
Hope this helps someone in the same position. :)

atomic sagebrush
April 13th, 2014, 03:25 PM
thanks for sharing!! Huge congrats!
I can't rem. if I put this in the essay or not but your body starts making "relaxin" which causes your joints to soften and it affects all the tissues in your body. you get more sensitive to it with subsequent pregnancies and I also found that my joints were sore almost right away.

SamS_TTCPink
April 13th, 2014, 07:29 PM
Wow flowerlily, you have got a list of symptoms! Maybe I won't take all of them, but still happy to take a few off your hands. 😉

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flowerlily
April 14th, 2014, 05:53 AM
Feel free to take the ones you wish! I bet the loss of of appetite isn't one of them, lol;)
This is also where my journey of losing 10-12kgs start and 1or 2 trips to the hospital! One of the reasons I wasn't so into losing too much weight during my sway. I just felt I needed this flab (to maybe nourish the baby and avoid the hospital) during the first few months of this pregnancy.:)
I don't know if this is even worth mentioning, but I had the most bizarre dreams I've ever had! ...I had a boy and and delivered him in the same hospital I had Ds2 (which is something I'm planning on changing) and he was delivered by the same midwife, and I said to him "Are you the other twin of your younger brother cause you just look like him!" I know, weird and scary! :confused:

SamS_TTCPink
April 14th, 2014, 08:53 AM
Lol! I usually have crazy dreams too when I'm pregnant, and nightmares. 😕 But again, nothing so far with this pregnancy!! 😁

Lilly 585
April 19th, 2014, 05:53 AM
I had chemical pregnancy . Last time I miscarried in 7th week in dec. now it was just 5th week:-(

SamS_TTCPink
April 19th, 2014, 06:23 AM
I know how you feel Lilly, I just lost our baby too...at 6 weeks. I'm so sorry for your loss, and to have to go through it twice and so close together, that doesn't seem fair. 😢

flowerlily
April 19th, 2014, 10:06 AM
I had chemical pregnancy . Last time I miscarried in 7th week in dec. now it was just 5th week:-(

I'm so sorry Lilly for your losses. :(

atomic sagebrush
April 19th, 2014, 04:32 PM
:( I'm sorry.

kitkat18
April 20th, 2014, 02:17 AM
I'm so sorry lilly you have been through alot! Its really not fair thinking of you xx

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

BlessedMomma
June 17th, 2014, 11:22 AM
I wanted to add with my last pregnancy I had excessive amounts of saliva from early on. I have no idea y

atomic sagebrush
June 17th, 2014, 12:26 PM
I wanted to add with my last pregnancy I had excessive amounts of saliva from early on. I have no idea y

Yes that is actually a symptom for some people!! Weird huh.

sweetdream
June 17th, 2014, 12:40 PM
Check! Started to drool in my sleep again! Forgot this one!

happy1981
December 19th, 2014, 02:34 PM
Thought I would write this down before I forget. This pregnancy before BFP The signs were excessive thirst, dry mouth, dizziness and feeling really sleepy. The thirst started around 9dpo. The rest came on 10dpo. BFN on 8 and 9 dpo. BFP on 11dpo!

happy1981
December 20th, 2014, 03:59 PM
Oh and spotting from 8dpo-10dpo

XXforhubby
March 25th, 2015, 10:52 AM
Extreme forgetfulness and increased thirst for me!

Annie82
July 28th, 2015, 01:04 AM
This may be a dumb question, but are there any symptoms of early pregnancy that are only for pregnancy not for pre AF? I mean besides a BFP (or AF itself).

XXforhubby
July 28th, 2015, 08:54 AM
I think they are pretty much the same. The only clue I had that I may be pregnant was that I kept forgetting things. For example putting dirty dishes in the fridge, holding my car keys and still looking for them, talking to someone and forgetting what I was saying mid sentence, etc. I don't normally do these things and just thought I was frazzled. The next day I had an acupuncture appointment and my acupuncturist said my pulse felt different and asked me if I had been experiencing any symptoms. I told him no, because I forgot I had been forgetting things, lol! I tested the next day and Bam, a BFP!

I think most symptoms mimic pre-AF. I had several postpartum periods where I was a space cadet before AF but that had been almost two years for me! I just didn't think I could be pregnant, since I was on cycle 9 TTCing.

FX and GL!!!

[emoji170][emoji577][emoji843][emoji602][emoji170]

atomic sagebrush
July 28th, 2015, 01:03 PM
This may be a dumb question, but are there any symptoms of early pregnancy that are only for pregnancy not for pre AF? I mean besides a BFP (or AF itself).

The problem is that you have higher progesterone both in pregnancy and before AF and they can cause similar symptoms.

I have found that gassiness and sore BB's are more pregnancy signs than pre AF signs. But I suspect that everyone is different.

I have heard the pulse is different from a couple different people but I think you have to be trained to recognize that.

Annie82
July 29th, 2015, 09:39 PM
Thanks for that gals.
AF is here again :(
Another cycle, another try...
It's been nearly a year now of ttc. I don't think its gonna happen for us.

atomic sagebrush
July 31st, 2015, 03:55 PM
Start a new thread and go over everything you're doing and taking and I may be able to help.

Atsaukina1
August 3rd, 2015, 11:19 AM
Bfn 10 dpo lol. Should've waited but got positive last two times by then. Have one test left out of the two pack so will wait two days which is one day before af due. I could just wait for af not to show and never test but where is the fun in that lol.

Pinkplz
September 7th, 2015, 07:54 AM
Was reading online about implementation pinch, and looking at ramzi's method on . Predicting the sex of baby based on where the placenta is.. Im feeling slight pinches on my lower right side for the past few minutes.. Could be absolutely nothing but will be interesting to see if it does become something.

atomic sagebrush
September 7th, 2015, 11:25 AM
You cannot tell where a baby is implanting based on pinching or pain with "implantation". If your uterus was sensitive enough to feel a ball of cells no bigger than a period at the end of a sentence, pregnancy and childbirth would be so unbelivably painful that we couldn't endure it.

There are tons of hormonal things going on in your girly parts during the 2WW and in early pregnancy. That hormonal cascade is responsible for the aches and pinches and cramps and tugging that people experience.

XXforhubby
September 7th, 2015, 12:10 PM
Was reading online about implementation pinch, and looking at ramzi's method on . Predicting the sex of baby based on where the placenta is.. Im feeling slight pinches on my lower right side for the past few minutes.. Could be absolutely nothing but will be interesting to see if it does become something.

I wouldn't put any stock into the Ramzi theory. I ovulated from the left ovary (confirmed at my first scan at 5w6d), and the baby implanted on the left side of my uterus. I am having our third, sweet boy!! It's just for fun- not always correct!!!

[emoji170][emoji577][emoji843][emoji602][emoji170]

Pinkplz
September 7th, 2015, 06:26 PM
Yeh the internet is a bad place for someone like me who obsesses over the most minor details. I think I should stop googling.. no good ever comes from
It.. Not for me anyways I just end up driving myself crazy.

atomic sagebrush
September 9th, 2015, 02:16 PM
Anyone who says they feel implantation is mistaken!

I was noticing I had a pinchy pain in my side the other day and I was laughingly thinking "it's implantation". even though I am not pregnant and was actually about to get AF. It just isn't possible to feel such a tiny thing happening.

Beautifulrainbow
April 25th, 2016, 06:36 AM

:ttcgirl: Moodiness - This is one symptom you can't really trust, because many of us get moody right before our periods anyway. Still, it can be a sign of pregnancy.

:ttcgirl:Heartburn, varicose veins, hemmorhoids, sciatica, pelvic pain - For those of us who have had several pregnancies, we may begin to experience the aches and pains caused by relaxin (the hormone your body releases that allows your tissues to stretch enough to allow a baby to pass through the birth canal) very early on.
Is there any reason why you but either pink or blue stalks next to the symptoms?
If that symptom is boy or girl. i have them both!

Raezodal
April 25th, 2016, 07:17 AM
Way to get my hopes up...I have 5 "girl" and 1 "boy" symptoms at 10dpo. The thirst and headaches are driving me nuts...I have never had those before. Was thinking the headache was related to the thirst - I can get migraines if I don't drink enough - but I am drinking so so so much it seems impossible to still be thirsty!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
April 25th, 2016, 06:49 PM
Is there any reason why you but either pink or blue stalks next to the symptoms?
If that symptom is boy or girl. i have them both!

To make them easier to see. See how they alternate between pink and blue?? :)

Sometimes an icon is just an icon LOL

atomic sagebrush
April 25th, 2016, 06:51 PM
Way to get my hopes up...I have 5 "girl" and 1 "boy" symptoms at 10dpo. The thirst and headaches are driving me nuts...I have never had those before. Was thinking the headache was related to the thirst - I can get migraines if I don't drink enough - but I am drinking so so so much it seems impossible to still be thirsty!

They aren't boy and girl symptoms, they're suposed to just be easier to see!! I just alternated between boy and girl storks. :)

This is a pregnancy-symptom essay not a swaying one!

It's impossible to tell the gender of your baby from symptoms. Boy and girl pregnancies are identical at this stage, boys are not even making testosterone till late in the first tri and there is no difference betwen the two!

Sorry for confusion.

Beautifulrainbow
April 25th, 2016, 06:53 PM
To make them easier to see. See how they alternate between pink and blue?? :)

Sometimes an icon is just an icon LOL
I was thinking they were just an icons because i have almost every symptom on here and i think I'm only having one baby. so thats why I was thinking that it wasnt a boy or girl symptom. And i only question because on my tapatalk it didnt come up the icons it said ttc pink and ttc blue. but thankyou for fully clearing that up

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Raezodal
April 25th, 2016, 07:39 PM
They aren't boy and girl symptoms, they're suposed to just be easier to see!! I just alternated between boy and girl storks. :)

This is a pregnancy-symptom essay not a swaying one!

It's impossible to tell the gender of your baby from symptoms. Boy and girl pregnancies are identical at this stage, boys are not even making testosterone till late in the first tri and there is no difference betwen the two!

Sorry for confusion.
Bhahaha They just show up as text on my phone: "ttcgirl" or "ttcboy". No color differences for my phone. Lol and I completely missed they alternated!! No worries. I don't place much stock in symptoms for much of anything. :)

atomic sagebrush
April 26th, 2016, 04:33 PM
Gotcha! I added a disclaimer, thanks for letting me know that!

mkddav
May 1st, 2016, 07:57 PM
Today is 3 dpo for me. Really hoping not to see spotting in this 2ww. In my son's pregnancy I never saw a drop of blood until I went into labour.
The other times I had spotting around normal af time and went on to have miscarriages. I'm sure it's just coincidence, but still very anxiety provoking. And if I turn out to be pregnant it will only get worse!

atomic sagebrush
May 2nd, 2016, 11:38 AM
:agree: spotting is scary but it is really, really common even in healthy normal pregnancies. I had a 5 day "AF" and had a baby 9 months later. It was crazy.

atomic sagebrush
December 24th, 2017, 04:18 PM
bumping

WelcomeBaby
January 4th, 2019, 12:15 AM
I'm documenting this here to share with you ladies the possible dynamics of very early pregnancy or the possible dynamics of being a crazy symptom spotter :) We'll see! Either way, I hope it will be educational! :)

Well, I know what y'all say, but... I'm 8dpo and CONVINCED I'm pregnant. Actually, have been 100% sure for a few days. My symptoms are mild nausea, tingly boobs, cramps and twinges (so far, all things I also get in non-conception cycles), over-the-top gassiness (which I never have, luteal phase or not), and, most importantly, hot flashes and a constantly hot face (??!!) and a good amount of yellowish creamy CM - both of which I also never have in my luteal phase even in hormonally strong cycles. In fact, I think it's more important to look for a) the number of symptoms and b) for symptoms you never usually have. True, some women have creamy yellow CM before their period, but I've never seen it before - I'm dry like the desert in the 2 weeks leading up to AF, except maybe for some watery CM in the 3 or 4 days right before AF.
So, what do you think?

Edit: Needless to say, I haven't tested yet because HCG probably won't show up in my urine yet, but I do think a woman can have symptoms from the HCG in her blood before a urine test can possibly turn positive.

Edit #2: I forgot the quick, shallow breathing. Had this on and off since 4dpo. Well, I do sometimes have it without being pregnant, like when I overeat.
The weird thing is, not only do I not feel fatigued but quite the contrary, I feel highly energetic. I wake up every night at 3:30 (when it usually hits me that I'm pregnant with an opposite and I have to work myself out of a dark hole...) and I'm so positive and thrilled. That's not at ALL normal for me in the LP!! LOL

Edit#3: Today I'm 9dpo and now I also feel like I did 100 crunches yesterday. Sore abdominal muscles. I never do crunches LOL. And my stomach muscles never feel this way.

Edit #4, still 9dpo: I feel so stupid! ALL the symptoms (except the slight nausea which is very common for me during LP) have disappeared into thin air during the day. Also, I realized that the creamy yellowish discharge (now gone) could be a mild case of BV which I unfortunately do get every so often. Now I just feel like I always do when AF is due. Probably the hormonal dip before AF! How could I have been so stupid to believe I'm pregnant!!! POAS tomorrow.

Edit #5: I'm 10dpo today and no symptoms at all. I didn't even test because why bother! Well, the slight nausea is still there and I also didn't feel like eating meat in the past days, but both a small degree of nausea and not liking certain foods for a few days is very common for me especially in the LP.
BUT - later today... I went grocery shopping and asked for some extra lean beef at the meat counter. And while the salesperson wrapped it, the nausea came back FULL FORCE. I had to pull myself together to not leave immediately to be sick in a corner!! LOL I would have discounted this had I gone on an empty stomach because I can see how raw meat and an empty stomach don't mix. But I had had quite a decent breakfast just 3 hours before. So, I'm not so sure anymore that I'm really not pregnant!! POAS first thing tomorrow morning, for realz!!! LOL

Edit #6: 11dpo today - BFN :hair:

I must say that this is becoming kind of a cruel joke to me. Last night I even had the heightened sense of smell I only had once in my life, when I was pregnant with my son. And no, I wasn't imagining things. I was in the study when all of a sudden I could smell an orange. A fresh orange being peeled. I was flabbergasted because there was no orange in the room. So I went to the living room to investigate and sure enough, my son was peeling an orange. Later I developed a headache and a bad thirst. Well, I thought nothing of it because I have that sometimes. It wasn't until today that I remembered that both of these things are mentioned as early pregnancy symptoms in this very thread. But... BFN. And why shouldn't the headache have come not only with thirst, but with a heightened sense of smell this time? Apparently this isn't uncommon at all (although it has never happened to me before). On the same note, why shouldn't the elevated energy level be caused just by being excited about a possible pregnancy? Why shouldn't the weird post-workout like feeling in my abs come from being tense all day at the prospect of a possible pregnancy?
A cruel joke, if you ask me.

Edit #7: So AF came today (2 days early...??!), and no, it's not implantation bleed or anything - just a regular period. Wow, what a ride. I'm very pleased though that this cycle with all its craziness has cured me of my faith in my superhuman intuition. Not only that I wasn't pregnant with a boy, I was never even pregnant to begin with!!! LOL x 1000 :D So please next time you think you MUST be pregnant or that you absolutely CAN'T be pregnant or that you're 1000% SURE you're pregnant with an opposite, take it from me, your intuition isn't the best source of info there!! :D

atomic sagebrush
January 4th, 2019, 02:36 PM
Thanks for sharing, though, Welcome! Very helpful!

I will point out that I have a huge surge of energy in the 2ww and have trouble sleeping during that point in the cycle too. Very very common for me, but it's such a noticeable thing that I can totally imagine someone mistaking it for a pregnancy symptom if they hadn't put it together before.

Mariola
January 4th, 2019, 03:07 PM

WelcomeBaby
January 5th, 2019, 07:42 AM
I will point out that I have a huge surge of energy in the 2ww and have trouble sleeping during that point in the cycle too. Very very common for me, but it's such a noticeable thing that I can totally imagine someone mistaking it for a pregnancy symptom if they hadn't put it together before.

Wow, that is very interesting! I have literally never heard of this before. Yes, no wonder it stood out to me so much! Actually I'm back to thinking I might be pregnant after all, and I'll be updating my post shortly. Will keep updating until BFP or AF + BFN. Man, this is like Mission Impossible, too suspenseful!!! :D

atomic sagebrush
January 7th, 2019, 11:14 AM
The weirdest part was that once when I was breastfeeding and hadn't had a period for 18 months, I could not figure out what was wrong with me - I couldn't sleep, felt super jittery and anxious, and even posted about it on Facebook....and then my period arrived not an hour after I had posted! Then once I realized it I noticed it happened every month, and that it was happening to lots of other women too!

Good luck and hoping for BFP for you!

WelcomeBaby
January 9th, 2019, 02:10 PM
Thank you Atomic, but only BFN and now I started my period - so back to swaying! This WAS a crazy cycle though! The jittery feeling you mentioned is so strange, I def experienced it too this time!