PDA

View Full Version : Where did you buy Vitex?

ThreeMenAndALAdy
July 9th, 2012, 11:27 AM
I've looked in a bunch of pharmacies and can't seem to find it anywhere. I know it's only, but I was hoping to get my hands on it before Friday. We're going away and I need to start taking in Sat. Thanks.

BeadinMom
July 9th, 2012, 11:30 AM
I bought mine at GNC...it was buy one bottle, get one half off. So I spent like $12 to get two bottles...hoping I never have to use the second one :)
I'd try health food stores, too. I think I saw it at Whole Foods the last time I was in there.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
July 9th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Thanks so much. I have a Whole Foods nearby.

NCBeachyGrl
July 9th, 2012, 11:44 AM
I found it in my grocery store...couldn't find it at any CVS, Walgreens, Wal-Mart, etc.

atomic sagebrush
July 9th, 2012, 12:47 PM
I got mine at Fred Meyer supermarket, which has a large natural section. Any vitamin store or natural food store (Whole Foods, Trader Joes) will probably have it. I tried to get it once at Walgreens and they did NOT have it.

Butterfly Spirit
July 9th, 2012, 06:12 PM
i got a double pack on amazon.com but i later found it at gnc and a health and nutrition store by my house. google nature's way vitex and click the shopping tab and see where it comes up in your town. good luck. :happy:

TTC5
July 9th, 2012, 06:58 PM
I'm in Aus, and we can get it from the chemist, health food stores and some supermarkets in the health/medicine section.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
July 10th, 2012, 06:25 AM
Thanks everyone. I'm heading to GNC or Whole Foods today. I really hope AF shows this weekend. Unfortunately I'll be in NY for a baptism. If it doesn't, I have my fingers crossed that Vitex will help me O. No ppaf has been wonderful until now.

luckylass
July 11th, 2012, 08:29 AM
I am in Ireland and got mine on Biovea.com. They are international and do a 2-3 day rush on it.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
July 11th, 2012, 03:15 PM
I got it yesterday at GNC. Did anyone have any initial reactions when you started taking it? I had a CRAZY few days a week or so ago. I had TONS of ewcm. It was absolutely disgusting to be honest with you. I have not had my 1st ppaf and my son turned one last Friday. I stopped night nursing and afternoon nursing a few weeks ago. I have ov sticks and checked to see if O was here, but didn't get a smiley face. If Atomic is correct, which she always seems to be, I may get my 1st af Sat or Sun. Unfortunately, I'm in NY for a baptism and am a bit worried about having it away from home. The plan is to start taking Vitex on Sat, when my cycle usually starts. If af doesn't show, I just wanted to make sure I didn't have any issues taking Vitex for the first time.

BeadinMom
July 11th, 2012, 03:17 PM
No, I didn't have any issues...but one of the good things about Vitex is a much lighter AF.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
July 11th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Did you have a lighter af right away, or after using it for a while?

BeadinMom
July 11th, 2012, 03:32 PM
The first time I used it was probably the day AF started...I thought it was stopping...made it MUCH lighter. (It just happened to be when I bought it and wanted to start it right away.)

atomic sagebrush
July 13th, 2012, 08:50 AM
I got it yesterday at GNC. Did anyone have any initial reactions when you started taking it? I had a CRAZY few days a week or so ago. I had TONS of ewcm. It was absolutely disgusting to be honest with you. I have not had my 1st ppaf and my son turned one last Friday. I stopped night nursing and afternoon nursing a few weeks ago. I have ov sticks and checked to see if O was here, but didn't get a smiley face. If Atomic is correct, which she always seems to be, I may get my 1st af Sat or Sun. Unfortunately, I'm in NY for a baptism and am a bit worried about having it away from home. The plan is to start taking Vitex on Sat, when my cycle usually starts. If af doesn't show, I just wanted to make sure I didn't have any issues taking Vitex for the first time.

If you didn't get a smiley though, remember that may have been a fake ovulation and not the real deal. I had a fake O while breastfeeding that was more realistic than many of my actual ovulations have been!! Go ahead and start the V on Saturday but I do think you should take a pg test just to be on the safe side.

atomic sagebrush
July 13th, 2012, 08:51 AM
No, I didn't have any issues...but one of the good things about Vitex is a much lighter AF.

I found Vitex made me a bit bitchy and also had very light AF while taking it. For me it took a few cycles to kick in, if memory serves it took 3 cycles and then started getting lighter.

NCBeachyGrl
July 13th, 2012, 09:14 AM
I found Vitex made me a bit bitchy and also had very light AF while taking it. For me it took a few cycles to kick in, if memory serves it took 3 cycles and then started getting lighter.

Maybe that is what is wrong with me. Seriously....DH has said he has had enough of me and I just can't help myself with how I react to things. LOL!!!!!

atomic sagebrush
July 13th, 2012, 09:35 AM
I was understating the case when I said "a bit" bitchy!!! Vitex really can affect a person that way and you're so right, it feels totally beyond control!!

NCBeachyGrl
July 13th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Did you have a lighter af right away, or after using it for a while?

I started it mid cycle in May and had started Saw Palmetto too. My first AF was HEAVY due to the SP. I took Vitex all the way through until AF in June. That cycle was heavy as well. This is my 3rd cycle and today was day 1 of AF...but I think now I am only down to spotting. So I am guessing it is making it much lighter.

AS - did Vitex or SP cause boob pain and bloating? I have both pretty bad and I can only imagine it is a side effect of one or both.

atomic sagebrush
July 14th, 2012, 09:03 AM
It didn't have that effect on me that I noticed NC, but it's entirely possible (I was BF when I took vitex, so my boobs were all out of sorts and grumpy anyway LOL). Anything that affects hormones, can have those types of effects.