PDA

View Full Version : A Baby Shower for atomic sagebrush!

nuthinbutpink
July 11th, 2012, 02:27 PM

UPDATE- Per the suggestion of some of the ladies on the site, Kristin has created an Amazon Wish list and you may find it here Wish List (http://www.amazon.com/registry/baby/13UN8RCUHY5VB)

Several of you have inquired with me as to whether "we" can have a baby shower for atomic sagebrush(Kristin). Since there is no easy way to get together with us all over the world, I thought we could throw her a virtual shower!

Baby atomic's due date is approaching soon and for any of you that feel so inclined to wish her well, Kristin has said it is okay to give out her personal information.

If you would like to mail her something, please do so to:

PO Box 244
Spangle, WA 99031

For those of you that are familiar and use Paypal, her personal Paypal email is gregkris@centurytel.net if that is an easier way instead of using the mail to send her a "gift".

I did ask if there is a nursery, colors, etc. and due to some space issues, Baby girl will be in with atomic and DH for now. They have had a trying year and anything that you all feel like doing would be lovely.

When she emailed me to tell me that she was pregnant with a girl, I knew why I had held onto my girl clothes for so long. Some things are just meant to be!

Thanks y'all and please direct any questions to atomic via PM.

Hobbermittens
July 11th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Great idea! I will send her something. :)

dloui128
July 11th, 2012, 02:57 PM
what a great idea

zanacal
July 11th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Wonderful - I just this week sent her an email asking for her address so I could send something to the lady who brought me my bundle of pink :D

Zivic-Bubac
July 11th, 2012, 03:30 PM
That is a beautiful idea! :HH:

BeadinMom
July 11th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Aww...I LOVE this idea!!! Thanks!!! :)

Yuzu
July 11th, 2012, 03:43 PM
This is a fantastic idea. Now I can give in to my urge to buy girl clothes!

Mochagirl
July 11th, 2012, 03:51 PM
What a wonderful idea! I don't think I would have gotten my daughter without Kristin's help, and I'd love to give back somehow.

mydream
July 11th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Such a fantastic idea! I love it...

Another princess
July 11th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Fantastic idea!!

elle82
July 11th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Fab idea!! Love it :)

coocoobananas
July 11th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Love the idea too:)

pebmcpd7
July 11th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Great Idea, I am after sending through paypal, best wishes atomic!!!!!!!!!!

baabaa
July 11th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Lovely! Such a wonderful idea for a wonderful lady

auroara78
July 11th, 2012, 08:24 PM
thoughtful and loving as always NBP!!

I love the post and a lot of us have Kristin's wise LEVEL headed ideas to thank for our desired genders~

nuthinbutpink
July 14th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Bumping

cravingsalt
July 14th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Awesome idea, I totally agree. Thanks for all you do, Atomic!

atomic sagebrush
July 14th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Thank you all so much from the bottom of my heart!!!

Hobbermittens
July 14th, 2012, 05:17 PM
What does she need? Does anyone know? (Atomic, are you seeing these posts? If so, do you need anything specific? Like Diapers, etc? I'd like to send something practical).

Irishmom
July 14th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Excellent!!

My first thought when i found out i was expecting a boy was i have to send Atomic on my girl collection lol. I was too embarrassed to mail her, but i will certainly post over a few presents now. :highfive:

Princess of Pink
July 14th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Could atomic maybe do a baby registry online somewhere so we can buy her things she really needs and she won't get too many of the same thing? And she gets things she really likes...I am guessing we all have very different tastes.

Hobbermittens
July 14th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Pop, that is a fabulous idea!

OnlyPraying
July 14th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Pop, that is a fabulous idea!

Awesome Idea!!! :agree::agree:

Lassie1982
July 14th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Could atomic maybe do a baby registry online somewhere so we can buy her things she really needs and she won't get too many of the same thing? And she gets things she really likes...I am guessing we all have very different tastes.

LOVE this idea :)

Lassie1982
July 14th, 2012, 07:47 PM
NBP i think this is a fantastic idea :) Great stuff!

I'll hold off a couple of days and see if we get a registry thing up and going, if not i have the perfect idea for something to post to atomic for her little baby girl

myGirl
July 14th, 2012, 11:56 PM
I'm so glad we are able to do this! She probably has no time to make a baby registry... She's too busy helping us!!!

I will be sending her something:heart:

genieinabottle1
July 15th, 2012, 12:09 AM
super idea! I love the idea of a registry so she can get what she needs!

NCBeachyGrl
July 15th, 2012, 09:38 AM
A registry would be awesome! I really want to buy some girly stuff! I don't get the chance very often!!!!!:bigsmile:

Kiesse
July 15th, 2012, 10:05 PM
This is such a great idea!

mis2ninos
July 17th, 2012, 11:31 PM
What a great idea! Will wait a couple days to see if she posts anything specific....thanks for all you do we are all super excited for you and your family :)

atomic sagebrush
July 19th, 2012, 03:13 AM

Aaa I'm sorry I didn't check this thread for a couple of days! I've never done a registry before but I certainly could give it a try if it would help! What are the best sites??

atomic sagebrush
July 19th, 2012, 03:14 AM
I'm so glad we are able to do this! She probably has no time to make a baby registry... She's too busy helping us!!!

I will be sending her something:heart:

That's kind of a good point - does it take long? Is that a silly question? I've really never done one.

Lassie1982
July 19th, 2012, 03:27 AM
That's kind of a good point - does it take long? Is that a silly question? I've really never done one.

i don't think they the too long :) i know with the aussie ones they have websites and you just sign up, and select the products that you like onto a wish list and people purchase them. Might be a good idea so that you can receive the gifts that you need and like :) would be great if you did one!

I looked at some girly outfits the other day and just couldn't choose!

Mochagirl
July 19th, 2012, 07:06 AM
A site that would work well for necessities would be Amazon, and would also be easy for the many international well-wishers to use. They have clothes, diapers (both cloth and disposable), as well as many other types of baby gear, and it's pretty easy to set up a registry there.

Amazon.com: Baby Registry (http://www.amazon.com/gp/baby/homepage/ref=homepage_billboard_feeding_registry?pf_rd_m=AT VPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0WNWXDV68BTTMG5062HS&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1381928282&pf_rd_i=165796011)

ThreeMenAndALAdy
July 19th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Atomic, do you have a Babies R Us or Toys R Us near you? I'm not sure if you could register online for them, but everyone I know registers there. I LOVE them and registered with my first there but it did take some time. I was also "new" to the whole baby thing so I asked for things that clearly make no sense now that I have four children and more experience...lol

Another princess
July 19th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Do u have mamas and papas in the US? Have such cute things in there. Cud quite easily buy the whole shop - if money was no object of course! X

Mum23boys
July 19th, 2012, 07:52 AM
What a lovely thought

atomic sagebrush
July 19th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Amazon! I never would have thought of that but that makes a ton of sense really. Give me a day or two to investigate! Thanks ladies!

luckylass
July 19th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Go investigate Atomic and spend some time sorting this out for yourself. I am another one that would love to get some for the atomic princess.

pebmcpd7
July 19th, 2012, 06:31 PM
I just paypal'ed money,mad now would of liked to buy something off the registry!!!

atomic sagebrush
July 21st, 2012, 11:43 AM
Amazon.com: Kristin Holmes: Baby Registry (http://www.amazon.com/registry/baby/13UN8RCUHY5VB) Ok I think I did it??

atomic sagebrush
July 21st, 2012, 11:46 AM
I just paypal'ed money,mad now would of liked to buy something off the registry!!!

Oh, peb, thank you SO MUCH. Please believe me, $$ is great because we have doctor's bills! O.O Our insurance changed without warning at the end of last year so things like ultrasounds and blood tests, which used to be covered at 100%, now has to be paid out of pocket!

myGirl
July 21st, 2012, 01:47 PM
Amazon.com: Kristin Holmes: Baby Registry (http://www.amazon.com/registry/baby/13UN8RCUHY5VB) Ok I think I did it??

Yes you did it :)

I got you something from your list! This is so exciting, your little girl will be here in a few short weeks!

Mochagirl
July 21st, 2012, 02:13 PM
Yes you did it :)

I got you something from your list! This is so exciting, your little girl will be here in a few short weeks!

I got you something too. I can't believe how close you are - especially since I'm only about a month behind you, so that means I'll be meeting my little girl soon too! :HH:

auroara78
July 21st, 2012, 04:57 PM
Yikes Mocha...I know how you feel...we are a day apart in due date!! I just realized that while I felt the preg has dragged, suddnely now it feels like she'll be here before I know it!!

I can't wait to look at the registry, thanks for getting it together, Atomic.

atomic sagebrush
July 22nd, 2012, 12:20 PM
Thank you all so much!!!!

zanacal
July 22nd, 2012, 05:21 PM
I got you something from your list too :D I originally tried to order the blanket but it said it couldn't ship to your address - perhaps it was just a glitch but I thought I'd let you know in case you really wanted that!

atomic sagebrush
July 22nd, 2012, 06:05 PM
I got you something from your list too :D I originally tried to order the blanket but it said it couldn't ship to your address - perhaps it was just a glitch but I thought I'd let you know in case you really wanted that!

Thank you!
Oh thank you for letting me know that, I'll have to edit my address. We live in a really small town so the post office won't deliver to our home and some places won't deliver to PO Box. :/

mis2ninos
July 22nd, 2012, 10:50 PM
I tried to get the blanket too awwww its so cute! Sent a few other items instead :)

atomic sagebrush
July 27th, 2012, 09:07 AM
I'm just going to take the blanket off since it's not working. :) Thank you all so much.

lobella2
July 27th, 2012, 02:11 PM
I used paypal. I hope it worked. I have never done that before:)

Wishful thinking
July 28th, 2012, 06:28 PM
I used paypal. I hope it worked. I have never done that before:)

So did I, but the stuff on Amazon was so cute!

BeadinMom
July 28th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Just sent a gift via paypal!! :)
I can't wait to see pictures of this long awaited, sweet little girl :awe:

atomic sagebrush
July 28th, 2012, 09:40 PM
Thank you all so much - I can't get over how kind you all are.

HopeandDreamG
July 29th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Awe...I love this!! Dont know anyone that deserves it more XOXO. Everytime I miss a thread it amazes me even more how on top of this site you are and how you are here for all of us.....

One day we should schedule a genderdreaming "get together" ..I know its probably not possible but I like to "dream" lol...

atomic sagebrush
July 29th, 2012, 10:43 AM
I would seriously LOVE that! :)

HopeandDreamG
July 29th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Well I'm in ;)

suregena
July 29th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Have you registered at Amazon or anything like that, atomic?

suregena
July 29th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Oh, nevermind! I see your link! :)

suregena
July 29th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Ordered something! :) I'm a big fan of those things... my son lived in them, so naturally I felt it the best thing for me to get for you! <3

harleyquinn
August 1st, 2012, 12:56 PM
Hi, I bought 2 items off the Circle of Hope online auction to be sent to you. I thought you may enjoy them knowing they helped someone else :happy: Not terribly girly, but serviceable, practical items for a chilly winter. (warning...very unisexy)

atomic sagebrush
August 1st, 2012, 01:21 PM
Thank you all so very much! I really don't even have words to express my thankfulness for everyone's generosity. :heart:

Lassie1982
August 3rd, 2012, 05:52 PM
Thank you all so very much! I really don't even have words to express my thankfulness for everyone's generosity. :heart:

What you do on here for each and every one of us is truly priceless. Your knowledge, support and inspiration is remarkable :) Im glad to have been able to offer a thanks