PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding difference between estrogen and estradiol?

tinksmagic
July 12th, 2012, 04:28 AM
So I'm still on my quest for answers and I swear doctors don't want to explain things thoroughly to you and will shrug the rest off. I'm getting very annoyed with each and every one!

So I finally found out from my bloodwork drawn in May that my estrogen is 6.7 while my estradiol was 77.

Can someone please interpret this for me? I realize the estrogen being so low is bad, but is my estradiol level "normal" for a 41 year old?

nuthinbutpink
July 12th, 2012, 07:33 AM
From what I understand, estrogen is the category really and there are 3 types. Estradiol is the one we look at. Under 80 early in your cycle is fine. Estriol and estrone are the other estrogens.

And yes, in HT we have several people that find out after a BFN or early miscarriage that there is something wrong. Another member just lost twins early and we've had 2 lose their baby at 12 and 20 weeks. So, it happens. It's great you are being tested. As far as fertility levels, FSH, AMH and AFC are the other three that are important beyond your estradiol level.

tinksmagic
July 15th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Thank you NBP! I am still trying to find a RE that I feel comfortable with, one that will answer my every question with a valid reply and not just shrug and tell me I'm old. Still getting a few more tests done, 1 tomorrow and 1 in a few days and 1 in 2 more weeks. Yeesh!