PDA

View Full Version : So I've made a decision!

luvncamrin
July 12th, 2012, 04:01 PM
I know I've talked about getting a blood test @ 10 weeks this time around like I did with DS2. But... on second thought....I know that knowing a few weeks early won't change the outcome. The test is $400 plus SH $50 and the blood draw $30 plus whatever I have to pay my sitter to go get it all done! We're talking $500 total for a certain result....( although it will be at least 7 more business days before the results are in...so 11w min)....when I can possibly get a good nub shot at close to the 12 week scan. I can always go after the NT scan to a elective US place and pay $90 to attempt to get some better nub shots if the NT doesn't pan out. I really would LOVE to do the blood test...but I just can't seem to justify it. Any thoughts ladies? Am I crazy to skip the blood thing....or is my sanity coming out for a moment?

cravingsalt
July 12th, 2012, 04:37 PM
I know I've talked about getting a blood test @ 10 weeks this time around like I did with DS2. But... on second thought....I know that knowing a few weeks early won't change the outcome. The test is $400 plus SH $50 and the blood draw $30 plus whatever I have to pay my sitter to go get it all done! We're talking $500 total for a certain result....( although it will be at least 7 more business days before the results are in...so 11w min)....when I can possibly get a good nub shot at close to the 12 week scan. I can always go after the NT scan to a elective US place and pay $90 to attempt to get some better nub shots if the NT doesn't pan out. I really would LOVE to do the blood test...but I just can't seem to justify it. Any thoughts ladies? Am I crazy to skip the blood thing....or is my sanity coming out for a moment?

I am going to say...wait, if you can wait. He or she is what he or she is, and you knowing a couple of weeks earlier won't change that. If you find out you have an opposite then you'll both be dealing with GD and be out $500! Extra depressing. Ooooon the other hand... I'd like to know how you get the blood test and whether I can get it if I get a bfp. :) The only blood test I know of is that Pink or Blue test and it's not always right. I know your medical provider can do an amnio and determine gender- but not sure if this is what you're referring to either.

fivebabies
July 21st, 2012, 11:51 PM
If you've had a baby boy in the last few years the hormones that give you a boy result could still be in your blood...you could easily get an incorrect result!...that's alot of $$$ for something that maybe be wrong anyways. A good nub shot is more reliable. :) GL!

Yuzu
July 22nd, 2012, 12:36 PM
I say wait, too. $500 is a lot of money, and if the results come up an opposite than you'll be broke and unhappy--lol! You know, they say patience is rewarded!