PDA

View Full Version : overkill?

Coccinelle33
February 1st, 2011, 11:32 PM
im thinking about using spermicide on all my avoiding days to kill/ lower sperm count and then 2-3 days before ovulation make my attempt and use a TINY bit of it either before or after along with aci jel from right after af until the attempt days and lime 30 min before, 5 min after, and then a few times use all of those thing until after ovulation.... would that be overkill you think or ok?

oh and sylk lol just for dtd

hope that all made sense to someone? it's getting late :)

nuthinbutpink
February 2nd, 2011, 06:19 AM
It just sounds like you are hoping for a birth control failure! Obviously, people get pregnant that way but you just have to know that you are definitely making it more challenging! I understand the thought process but you can definitely try and if it's a BFN, you might have to scale back a bit.

Coccinelle33
February 2nd, 2011, 10:03 AM
im just so worried because we were told a few years ago that dh has a high sperm count.

atomic sagebrush
February 4th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Sorry somehow I had read this and then did not answer.

Remember how I DTD with a spermicide suppository and had EWCM when I woke up the next morning (prob. a 1-2 day cut off)? I just got BFN from that. So it is def. possible that the spermicide will kill off EVERYTHING, esp. when coupled with Acijel and douching.

I actually think your attempt looks pretty good, but I don't think I would continue to use stuff until after ovulation UNLESS you're continuing to DTD. You have to leave SOME sperm alive in order to fertilize the egg.

Coccinelle33
February 4th, 2011, 10:19 AM
no im going to be trying to aim for a 2-3 day cut off and then no have any sex again until i know i ovulated. im to scared to do 0+12. i would mess up and end up doing it on ovulation and that not what i want. i normally get 2 days of positive opk's and on the third day ovulate so would i be wanting to have sex on the day before the + opk and the first day only? does that sound right?

and no i have no plan on using anything after i ovulate. maybe some aci jel?

atomic sagebrush
February 7th, 2011, 12:34 PM
MD, let me look up some info and do a cut-off essay!

Once you ovulate, the sperm are long gone in pursuit of the egg anyway. I wouldn't bother.

Coccinelle33
February 8th, 2011, 01:39 PM
thanks