PDA

View Full Version : Question about baby growth and m/c

XXdreaming
July 13th, 2012, 12:07 AM
Quick info I have 4 boys and 5 m/cs all scattered out in between my 4 boys, my story- I know my dates, I do bbt, cm and cp charting, I am pretty sure when I had unprotected sex and when I ovulated, I go for u/s which should be 8 wks by lmp, baby measures 6wks 1 day, hb 100, go back one week later with u/s tech specializes in high risk pregnancies and says I measure 6wks 3 days and have an oblong sac(should be round, oblong just increases m/c and can straighten out later) hb still 100, my question is if baby isn't growing right then how long will the hb last? Dr says I have a very high chance of losing this one too, I just confused that if the baby is actually 2 weeks behind then how is the hb still holding on? And what if dates are right and I really 6wks 3 days but a 2 day growth in one week is still bad and the hb never increased, how long will the heart beat after the baby stops growing? I go back in a week for another u/s I will know for sure then but can't help but try to figure it out until then yk?

BeadinMom
July 13th, 2012, 12:13 AM
I don't have an answer for you, but I wanted to say I'm sorry about your losses and that you're having to deal with this. Thinking of you and praying for the best. Xx

nuthinbutpink
July 13th, 2012, 07:29 AM
I think it's hard to say but it is highly likely that the fetus is abnormal. We've seen this with HT because we get betas, u/s, etc. a HB of only 100 coupled with very little growth is not a good sign. I'm sorry.

XXdreaming
July 13th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Yeah I know :( I just want to know how long the heart beat will hang on before it passes, so I can get this nightmare over with and this hurt will start to heal :(

Mochagirl
July 13th, 2012, 12:21 PM
:hugs:

Life can be so unfair sometimes. I'm sorry you've had to go through this heartbreaking experience so many times :HH:.

ILindGurl
July 15th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Hi. unfortunately, I don't have any words of wisdom. I had a similar post and very few people commented (at 6 wks 2 dys my baby's heartrate was only 87, so even worse) probably because it doesn't look very good so many don't know what to say. I've been reading up on fetal heart rates and it sounds like usually it will stop beating within 1-2 weeks if baby has stopped growing, etc. Maybe you can ask your doctor for more info on this? I am thinking of you and your little bean, and hope you will be okay. (hug)

XXdreaming
July 16th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Thank you ILindGurl, I exhausted google and I must be asking the wrong question because I couldn't find anything on how long after the baby stops growing when the heartbeat would stop, this wed will be 3 weeks so I am hoping that if this baby isn't growing right then it will be over wed, I don't won't to drag any longer in this nightmare :( it's hard to suffer morning sickness, headaches extreme exhaustion etc for nothing, last time I went to 11weeks puking my guts out and u/s showed the baby passed at 7.5wks, I was living on zofran up to a week after my d&c waiting for my hcg to drop low enough for the nasty pregnancy symptoms to go away, I don't won't to do that again

coocoobananas
July 16th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Oh xx that is awful that you have to live through all the symptoms when it's already over:( that's my biggest fear as I always am told 'it must be a strong pregnancy' with how sick I am but obviously not the case!! I have an u/s and have this in the back of my mind:( sorry you've had to go thru this before and possibly again now:(

ILindGurl
July 16th, 2012, 07:10 PM
I am so sorry that you are going through all of this heartache and fear. It sucks that it happened to you before -- it seems awful and so unfair to suffer symptoms when it's no longer viable.

I know it's not looking good for your little bean right now, but it's not over, until it's over. I hope that Wed you get some closure/answers in one direction or another and this heartache will end for you....so you can hopefully start healing. Please know we are thinking of you!!

MatildaMai
July 16th, 2012, 07:33 PM
So sad to read this. I had very similar experience with my HT DD that I lost. I only did 2 probe and it turned out she had Down's. I did have some inkling that all was not well early on as my beta's stalled for a few days (see siggie) prior to rising, but they were always quite low, it took longer than usual before anything was really visible via U/S and I had the same weird long tube shaped sac. Her heart rates were really good though and at my 7 and 8 wk appointments she had grown quite a lot so it looked like she was catching up even though she was still measuring several days behind. Dr's told me for 2wks it was a normal pregnancy and it would be fine and I was finally starting to believe them. So I got the shock of my life when I turned up for my 1st proper OB appointment just prior to 10wks to find no HB. I also get hyperemesis and have to take Zofran, Maxalon etc.... and it is miserable having to go through all that suffering without having anything to show for it.

As for the HB, I was having weekly scans so it was easy to pinpoint. My DD's stopped within a couple of days of when she stopped growing because she'd only grown 2mm instead of doubling in length. My OB thinks she probably grew until 9wks and her HB stopped a couple of days later. I had a D&C immediately as I couldn't bear living with the symptoms in the circumstances, and my OB said it could take a couple of weeks at least for a natural MS to occur. I hope you get a speedy resolution one way or another. MMx

XXdreaming
July 18th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Thank you ladies, u/s showed no hb and no growth, d&c tomorrow, I knew this was coming but hard to actually hear and see it :((

nuthinbutpink
July 18th, 2012, 04:43 PM
I'm so sorry. Nothing can really prepare you...:HH:

ILindGurl
July 19th, 2012, 01:36 PM
I am so sorry for your loss

coocoobananas
July 19th, 2012, 01:41 PM
:(

WaitingforIvy
August 8th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Sorry for your loss