PDA

View Full Version : What are your son's names? I need a boys name!! HELP!!

Irishmom
July 15th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Ok so now that i know i'm expecting baby boy no.4 i'm stumped for a name.:p

All my son's names end in 'an' so i would like to find another name ending in 'an' but i'd also like to find something different.... i like American names so please share your son's names in the hope something stands out to me or any boy's names ending in 'an' that you know of. :)

If you would rather pm me with your names feel free to do so. Thank you!;)

Damienne
July 15th, 2012, 05:32 PM
I pm'd you 😉

nuthinbutpink
July 15th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Logan, Evan, Ethan, Ryan, Brogan, Zian, Brennan, Brendan, Bryan, Cannan, Christian, Cullan, Dylan

OneLastDream
July 15th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Ethan, Hayden, Louie are mine, I like also Jude and Noah - dont end with an an though soz! Oh and Theodore

cravingsalt
July 15th, 2012, 06:46 PM
My boys' names are Elijah and Logan, and my just-in-case names for a third are Liam and Landon to tie in the "l" (didn't give much forethought to three boy names, assumed i'd have a girl! You could also go the direction of a totally different name, depending if he's your last, because it could stand out and give a cute twist to the rhythm of their names. I was thinking of doing a shortie for this effect, Elijah, Logan and Tate, or something like that. Kind of like the nickname of the baby being my "Tater Tot".

Either way, I know you'll find an awesome name; similar end sounds make for great flow- my favorite combination is a good friend of mine's sons, each a year apart. Hunter, Parker and River.

Have fun baby-name shopping, congrats!

BeadinMom
July 15th, 2012, 06:47 PM
My boys names are all Irish...ironically. :) LOL.
Brennan, Cameron and Quinn.

ILindGurl
July 15th, 2012, 08:44 PM
My son's names don't end in "an" but here are a few that friends have (and I threw in some "en" ones too)...:

Logan, Kelan (Kellan), Rylan, Haiden/Hayden, Aidan, Owen, Ewan, Madden, Jensen, Jordan, Korben, Nathan, Dylan, Ryan, Brayden, Declan (love this one!) & Finnian (friends set of identical twins), Sullivan (nn sully), Griffin, Brennan

GL!

ILindGurl
July 15th, 2012, 08:46 PM
forgot Brendan, Evan & Gavin (which has in ending but similar sound).

kpmum
July 15th, 2012, 10:19 PM
My boys are Harrison and Jackson- not an "an" ending but might go. Congrats on ur baby boy x

sweetsister
July 16th, 2012, 01:41 AM
My boys arent ending in an and definately not american sounding,but i like Kourtney Kardashian sons name if you like that style~ Mason?

secretly sad
July 16th, 2012, 03:24 AM
Ethan, Hayden, Louie are mine, I like also Jude and Noah - dont end with an an though soz! Oh and Theodore

I absolutely love the name Louie! How cute. I almost want another boy just so that I can call him that. Lovely x

Mum23boys
July 16th, 2012, 04:40 AM
Non of mine end with an but are Owen Ellis and Liam.

HappyLea
July 16th, 2012, 05:35 AM
My boys dont end in an but are Elliott, Benjamin, Oliver and we too are expecting our 4th and he is going to be Charlie.

It is so hard to think of boys names, we struggled also. DH is a police officer and wont have a name if its a criminal hw knows, so we are limited...lol!

Butterfly Spirit
July 16th, 2012, 05:48 AM
Ian, Camden, Cameron, Brendan, Braiden, Benson, Branson, Brandon/Branden, Landon, and Braxton.

:)

Pangea
July 16th, 2012, 06:48 AM
My two are called Rory and Oliver, and if I have another boy I'm leaning towards calling him Dominic.

Off the top of my head here's a few ending in an, Evan, Euan, Ciaran, Cian, Damian.

auroara78
July 16th, 2012, 10:18 AM
It is so hard to think of boys names, we struggled also. DH is a police officer and wont have a name if its a criminal hw knows, so we are limited...lol!

LOL HappyLea!! My DH had a problem similiar to that but with girls names as far as he wouldn't consider any girls names if he had known a girl in the past that had been "loose"....I was like c'mon, really??

As far as boys names my boys are Quinten and Evan. Evan is very nice name, but I hear it a lot, so prob. a bit common. I love Quinten though, and there are many variations too: Quinton, Quentin, etc. My son loves his name and loves drawing Q's...(I think Q is a pretty unique letter of the alphabet, so it's perfect.)

I think Quinn is adorable for a girl or a boy, actually too.

Damienne
July 16th, 2012, 11:29 AM
For the one's who love the Q names:
Quince 💙

indigoviolet
July 16th, 2012, 04:40 PM
I'm struggling with names for my ds3, some great ideas on this thread! Really hope you find the perfect name, keep us updated!

Irishmom
July 16th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Oh ladies thank you!! Some lovely names there.
I'm going to grab a cup of tea and sit down and go through them all properly thank you. :)

Boymomsrock
July 16th, 2012, 07:27 PM
My boys are Nolan, Lawson & Brody (twins)

BeadinMom
July 16th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Well...if our next is a boy, we decided we'll name him after my DH.
I have one girl name that I told my husband is non-negotiable and if he doesn't agree, when I'm in the hospital, I'll send him out for toiletries (or whatever) and sign the birth certificate while he's away. LOL.

BUT...we went to see the movie Ted yesterday and they went through a list of "white trash girl names" and my baby girl's name was on the list!!!!! LOL!!!! My DH looked at me and said, WHAT?! We can't name her that!!! Guess again, buddy. LOL.

auroara78
July 18th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Hahahah I love this BeadinMom!!

Now I'm curious...what's the girl name?

BeadinMom
July 18th, 2012, 07:29 PM
I can't tell!!! LOL!!! I'm afraid to jinx myself!!! I promise I'll tell you later though...especially if I end up pregnant with a boy. :)

Mrs_P
July 22nd, 2012, 06:17 AM
One of my sons is called Dylan (but thats welsh not american so not very helpful sorry)

We really struggled with ds3. With ds1 i went through all names in book and chose my fav. Ds2 i didn't want him to have a name i deemed not goot enough for ds1 so i looked at unusual ish names rather than the traditional ones i'd considered before. With ds3 i was out of ideas unless we went for a rejected name so we let ds1 choose (with a little guidance). He was so excited to be apart of it and loved telling everyone he chose his brothers name and came up with a lovely name despite his initial choice of mario (after super mario!!!)

not sure what we'll do if we end up with ds4 though

PeonyPrincess
July 22nd, 2012, 08:47 AM
I like Caiden, which can be spelt different ways including with an 'an' ending. I have a Toren and have seen it spelt Toran. It is very tricky choosing names isn't it?!

NCBeachyGrl
July 22nd, 2012, 10:09 AM
My sons names are Landon and Kai. We thought about Kailen and then calling him Kai for short. But, we decided on naming him after DH so it became Christopher Kai and he just goes by Kai. It also means ocean so I love that!!

BeadinMom
July 23rd, 2012, 06:29 AM
I also like Donovan, Tate, Wyatt, Joel...

I have my list ready! :)

Irishmom, hope you're feeling well! I miss your posts! :) XO

Irishmom
July 24th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Hi all thanks very much for all your name suggestions! I've alot of catching up to do. :)

Beadinmom thank you for thinking of
Me.x I've had alot going on. My beautiful little 4 year old has just been diagnosed with autism and sensory disorder so it has put alot of things in perspective for me. A few weeks ago I was praying for a girl to be told another boy, and this has really made me see how precious our babies are no matter what gender they are, once they are healthy!!but I'm doing good now. And I have my coat of armour back on to fight for my little boy.;)

Journey2dFuture
July 25th, 2012, 10:16 AM
I'm British and DH is Polish we needed something more 'international sounding'
We have pretty much 100% decided on Vincent Kai ( Vinnie for short )

The Anchor
July 25th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Well...if our next is a boy, we decided we'll name him after my DH.
I have one girl name that I told my husband is non-negotiable and if he doesn't agree, when I'm in the hospital, I'll send him out for toiletries (or whatever) and sign the birth certificate while he's away. LOL.

BUT...we went to see the movie Ted yesterday and they went through a list of "white trash girl names" and my baby girl's name was on the list!!!!! LOL!!!! My DH looked at me and said, WHAT?! We can't name her that!!! Guess again, buddy. LOL.

Cracked me up! I'm sitting at work laughing at my monitor.
My hubby didn't like any of the names I picked out, but I explained to him that when HE gives birth, he can pick a name!

Oh yah, my son is named Harrison. I also like Liam and Graham.

glory
July 25th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Hi all thanks very much for all your name suggestions! I've alot of catching up to do. :)

Beadinmom thank you for thinking of
Me.x I've had alot going on. My beautiful little 4 year old has just been diagnosed with autism and sensory disorder so it has put alot of things in perspective for me. A few weeks ago I was praying for a girl to be told another boy, and this has really made me see how precious our babies are no matter what gender they are, once they are healthy!!but I'm doing good now. And I have my coat of armour back on to fight for my little boy.;)

I am really sorry that you are going through so much right now, it must be a lot to take on xoxo

I liked of all the name so far Nolan, quite American and ends in an :)

ThreeMenAndALAdy
July 25th, 2012, 12:14 PM
I saw your post and had to reply. I have 3 boys...Aydan, Evan and Austin. My dd's name is Ava. If we have another boy I think I'm going with Ian and a girl will be Ella.

BeadinMom
July 25th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Oh Irish, I am so sorry to hear about your sweet boy. I'm keeping him AND you in my prayers.
I love that you're wearing your coat of armour on to fight for your little man.
Your boys are so incredibly lucky to have you in their lives...they will always love their princess :)

weeziewoozles
July 25th, 2012, 05:49 PM
We wanted unusual names as I've worked loads with kids so didn't want one linked with a bratty kid. We chose Miles and Elliott. We agreed on a girl's name years ago so fingers crossed she comes to join us sometime.

Mrs_P
July 27th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Not got anything more to chip in on the name front, if we have another boy will be so stuck told DH we'll have to christen him DS4

On the autism front though i feel for you. My son has severe dyspraxia and some autisic tendancies with his behaviour. It is hard but you will reap the benefits of having all boys now trust me. He will never be alone and he will have three little mates who understand him and love him despite any differences or difficulties he may have and that will be worth more than you know. My son is 7 now and his brothers help him so much already. He will have friends for life who will be there for him no matter what. Seeing this makes me so proud of them and of my special little family.

Any luck on the name front

Irishmom
August 9th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Hi all still no name!!:( a lot of the 'an' names are surnames over here and would not go with our surname iykwim. So I'm still searching lol. I had a scan today and he's getting big now. Was lovely to see his profile.he resembles his brothers already how crazy is that?!

Mrs p thank you hun. I'm slowly getting my head around it . Your dead right the boys will protect him and stand up for him when I can't so for that I'm grateful to have all my sons.:)

Beadinmom and glory thank you xx

BeadinMom
August 9th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Irish, I just read your quote in your signature...I absolutely LOVE it. We truly are so blessed with our boys, aren't we?? XO

CherryBlossom
August 10th, 2012, 01:09 AM
Like you, I can't help but feel blessed to have my boys =)
My boys are Aden and Jordan. We are are into 'N's' for boys.
We had back up names ending with N as well. Dylan and Ryan.

sweetsister
August 10th, 2012, 01:20 AM
Hmm i like names that are uncommon,what about Darien or Darian,Jaden or Quinton?

sweetsister
August 10th, 2012, 01:21 AM
I like Darius too :)

Winngrin
August 10th, 2012, 10:50 AM
I was watching the Equestrian show jumping on the Olympics and one of the riders was named Cian (pronounced Kee-an). I have never heard that and love it!!

pebmcpd7
August 10th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Your name has to sort of go with your other boys names!!! I like simple names, always liked the name Joe but might not be your 'cup of tea'..

Irishmom
August 10th, 2012, 11:28 AM
My husbands side of the family are nearly all boys so there's already cians, Ryan's, Aidan's, Aran and more names I would have liked for myself HAA.

I like unusual names. I like Kyran .... (Kai-ran).... What do you think?

NCBeachyGrl
August 10th, 2012, 12:23 PM
I really like Rylan but it is my BFF's son's name!

Irishmom
August 11th, 2012, 05:16 AM
Ncbeachygirl I love Rylan but hubby doesn't. :(

NCBeachyGrl
August 11th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Ncbeachygirl I love Rylan but hubby doesn't. :(

Me too! I thought about stealing it since she lives in another state, but hubby doesn't like it either!!! I have gone through like 100 names and he doesn't like any of them. I am actually kind of really liking Eli. It sounds so cute for a little baby. Baby Eli!

auroara78
August 13th, 2012, 01:54 PM
I think Eli is adorable name for a boy, but of course, I am sooooo biased to Quinton (though we spell it Quinten) my son loves his name and always says it so proudly, it was perfect for him!

BeadinMom
August 13th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Aurora, my Quinn is the same way :)

Irish, I absolutely LOVE Kyran!!! What does the DH say??

BeadinMom
August 13th, 2012, 01:58 PM
My boys all have my husband's middle name. Michael. Brennan Michael. Cameron Michael. Quinn Michael.

I use their full names if I mean business...
well apparently I've meant business enough that they gave me the name of "Mommy Michael" lol ;)

dloui128
August 13th, 2012, 01:59 PM
I like Kyran, its different and I love different names :)

Irishmom
August 14th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Lol yay!! So Kyran could be in the running. :)
It's the only name myself and my husband agree on so far so hopefully I won't go off it.

I really love Quinn beadinmom but it's a common surname in Ireland ,as is our surname so it would sound wrong.:(

Thank you all so much for replying. It's great to hear different names. X

BeadinMom
August 14th, 2012, 09:02 PM
I love, love, LOVE Kyran!! :) In fact, if we have another boy, I might steal it!! lol ;)

Rosie85
August 14th, 2012, 09:28 PM
My sons names are Samuel and Declan.

Wanting a daughter
August 14th, 2012, 09:37 PM
One of my boys is Mason but you could spell it Masan... My other boy is Jarrah which is a very Australian name so won't suit you. It's a tall strong beautiful native tree.

sammie
August 15th, 2012, 10:05 AM
my sons called morgan and riley

BabyCakesTor
November 22nd, 2012, 01:09 PM
Jason
Vincent
Damon
I want Anikan if we have another boy but my DH says no way because even though he LOVES Star Wars, he won't name his son that.... Well see...lol I also love Vance or Van. My friend's son is named KYDEN... Love that too. Or Kayden too (which is how they came to KYDEN on accident )

BabyCakesTor
November 22nd, 2012, 01:12 PM
My neighbors boys' are name Keyawn and Kavian

Dreamofpink
November 22nd, 2012, 04:47 PM
Have you decided on a name yet? Not long now! How about Cynan? I always like that name and Fintan but neither sound right with our surname. I have an Ethan which is becoming too common here now :bigsmile:

Violet_
November 22nd, 2012, 06:17 PM
I've read through this thread in case I have a DS4. Some great names there.

Jadis
November 22nd, 2012, 07:44 PM
My boys are Owen and Simon. If the one I'm carrying is a boy again, I'm rooting for 'Leonard'...I just need to convince my DH.

Tiggerian
November 23rd, 2012, 12:19 PM
My boys are Tristan Alexander and Noah Theodore.

If I have DS3 I'm hoping for a Jasper William, but OH says no >_<