PDA

View Full Version : progesterone vaginal suppositories

ILindGurl
July 17th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Hello Ladies!

Hoping you can help. My Dr has agreed to let me take some supplemental progesterone...he said the vaginal suppositories are best. If you've taken them -- which drug name was it called? He said we had to get it at a special fertility pharmacy 1 hour away...they do deliver for free...but it's pretty expensive. Just curious if there are alternatives?

I know people talk about being on prometrium but I guess that is capsules and not suppository?

Thanks!

ILindGurl
July 17th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Endometrium OR Cronine?? Which one do you like better & why?

nuthinbutpink
July 17th, 2012, 02:13 PM
The HT gals use it a lot. I used progesterone in oil which is a shot. They always use vaginal supps though in HT world if not the shots.

ILindGurl
July 17th, 2012, 02:15 PM
thanks...i will post my question in the HT forum as well :)

alreadyneedivf
July 17th, 2012, 09:49 PM
i used endometrium a few times (prior to IVF) and after I stopped the Pio shots when pregnant. It was good but mimicked pregnancy symptoms so I always thought I was pregnant each cycle--made the BFNs that much harder. Once I was actually pregnant, I had no problems with it at all (minus the fact that it was a little disgusting--lol).

Hope this helps!

ILindGurl
July 18th, 2012, 08:24 AM
I got endometrin (it was $75 with insurance compared to cronine that was $250!). Starting it today. He wants me to take it 2x a day...which seems like a lot since my progesterone on Monday was 19. But, I guess a little more can't hurt the baby??

Chicky
July 23rd, 2012, 07:31 PM
I've been using the Crinone and no issues. Baby is doing great so I guess I like it! It's kinda gross from the buildup you get down there, but not really a big deal.