PDA

View Full Version : Nursing and siblings

Indira
July 18th, 2012, 05:29 AM
Hi ladies

So what do your older children do while you nurse?

With Ds2 I just gave Ds1 a toy or a treat and Ds2 would drink very quickly but Iīm a bit worried how Iīm going to handle this now.
When the boys are in the same room they are constantly chasing or nagging eachother, playing īsoccerī, well itīs more like rugby, so they are very loud and one always ends up crying...
how am I going to sit down for 30 minutes and nurse in peace?
Curious to hear how you all handle this.

jils04
July 18th, 2012, 06:06 AM
Good question, im worried about this too.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

bythestream
July 18th, 2012, 06:08 AM
Its a bit hard when baby is really new, but when things fall into more of a routine you could have different activities for each feed. Morning tea (sultanas take a while to eat), afternoon tea, quiet room time, drawing, playdough, special dvd. Have special toys they only get for feed time.

zanacal
July 19th, 2012, 05:58 AM
I watch helplessly while the boys wrestle on the floor. Sorry, I know that doesn't help but it does work out that way a lot! DD is quite happy to be taken off mid feed while I sort her brothers out though - she is very relaxed and adaptabke which is obviously a good thing! Don't worry, you'l be fine!

Indira
July 19th, 2012, 06:40 AM
I watch helplessly while the boys wrestle on the floor.
:rofl:

Ah that's so funny! I hope my baby will be as relaxed as yours, I can already see myself running around trying to get ds2 ofF of ds1 with one hand while having a baby attacked at my boob.

SoulSister
July 19th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Sorry, I had to giggle.
Life with boys is anything but dull :)
If you work out how to do ANYTHING in peace, let me know your secret. Lol.

My Three Sons
December 25th, 2012, 02:30 PM
I don't recall it ever being an issue, it just tended to work out. When DS 3 was a newborn, I went to the other room for the first few days, while I still had help, then later I didn't need to do that anymore.