PDA

View Full Version : The Mom Cave!

atomic sagebrush
February 3rd, 2011, 12:54 PM
You've heard of the Man Cave, now make way for the Mom Cave!

http://womenonthefence.com/2010/12/10/the-mom-cave/

What would you have in your Mom Cave? Decor?

I think I would have books, plants, a friendly kitty (instead of the grouchy kitties I have now), comfy couch with a cozy afghan, and a source of Dr. Pepper.

Maybe brown, cream, pink, and yellow??

GreaseMonkey
February 3rd, 2011, 01:42 PM
I would definitely have my laptop, my coffee maker, wine, country music playing all day long, the usual furniture like a couch, a table and all my scrapbooking supplies :)

GreaseMonkey
February 3rd, 2011, 01:42 PM
Everything in pink of course :)

CocoChanel
February 3rd, 2011, 03:43 PM
My mom cave would be like something J Lo would have, and I have always had this fantasy about a pure, white bed that I can't have because of all the kids and animals. So the mom cave, would be highly impractical if kids/dogs were to come in there with their sticky fingers and dirty paws. I would have nothing that made any noise in there, no blasting TV, nothing. Just peace and quiet with lots of books and expensive snacks (no goldfish) and sparkling juices that morphed into fine wine when night falls. I might put a real goldfish in there though, for decor purposes. A big, fancy one. :happy: Other mom friends would be welcome in my mom cave, if they did not make any messes. And byob.

CocoChanel
February 3rd, 2011, 06:53 PM
To continue this fantasy because I really like this. The carpet would be pure white. There would be crystal vases filled with plumes from rare birds (like albino peacocks or something), things like kleenex boxes and pink toilet paper would be at our fingertips stocked by a fairy because there is a private bathroom in the cave that has never known it's toilet seat to be lifted. There would probably be photos of my children in crystal frames, that I could finally display because nobody will break them. We also wear ball gowns in this room, that are actually comfortable and butterfly clips in our hair. There is also a private masseuse that pops in once an hour to see if we need anything. There is also a jacuzzi bathtub that has fresh gardenias petals ready to float in the water and the tub never has any cat fur in it, or Spongebob bathwash on the ledge. I could just go on forever about my cave but the truth is I kinda like my kid/critter cave too much :happy:

Tweens&aBaby
February 3rd, 2011, 07:13 PM
LOL I am just going to coco's mom cave! I don't think I could top that....unless of course there are pool boys by the jacuzzi that like to compliment us and have big blue eyes and dimples. And maybe a real money tree. Oh and a video monitor so we could check in on the kids any time we missed them. :P

chachamama
February 3rd, 2011, 07:39 PM
I would have a TON of plants, a huge overstuffed chair & ottoman.. lots of pictures on the walls of my kids and DH and vacations and other things that make me happy. An ipod dock.. and an endless supply of FOUNTAIN coca-cola (not diet, I want the real stuff)

Orchid
February 4th, 2011, 02:53 PM
LOL Looks like Coco has been planning her cave for a long time now.

A room with Laptop; Flowers; Day Bed kinda couch; iPhone; Potato Chips and Chocolate. I might need a treadmill cos I might end up being fat if ever I had a momcave.

crystal-light
February 4th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Wow Coco, looks like you've got it all planned out :) I'd love a mom cave like that!

Eden
February 7th, 2011, 09:51 PM
I like this mom cave idea ;) I would need my coffee maker, a wine fridge, a blender to make margaritas, a chocolate fountain with a huge plate of fresh fruit to dip into the chocolate, a lap top, my iphone, a tv with all the kid channels removed, and a massage therapist.

december
February 11th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Books! Tons and tons of them. For the novelty of it: I want one of this big hanging round beds... so I can lounge in it and read.

Room for my sewing stuff and a never-ending fabric stash.

Gus
February 11th, 2011, 02:51 PM
I would want a bunch of books, a snuggie, a TV, a whirlpool tub and a maid.

JackiesHope
February 14th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Oh I'm so glad they are doing this. I think women deserve a Mom cave too! I think mine would be a gigantic bathroom with skylights, marble, jacuzzi tub, walk in shower with a seat (so I can shave my legs sitting down), a huge walk-in wardrobe with one of those drycleaning racks that spins the clothes around at the press of a button.