PDA

View Full Version : Can yogurt or keifer raise your ph? why cant i get my ph down??

mkarntz1980
February 3rd, 2011, 01:22 PM
I dont know whats going on. my ph is at a 5.8 and I cant get it down!! I am eating about 3-4 yogurts (with acidiphilous), 3-4 cups of fat free organice a milk, and some kefir....I am taking all this dairy because the calcium supps made my ph go up. Do you think the acidiphilous could be making it go up?? I tried replens but it made my ph go up, the cranberry isnt doing a thing, and the crystal light doesnt seem to be doing anything either. As for the diet, I basically eat: greek yogurt for breakfast with aspartame added to it. for dinner I eat some white rice with tuna fish, or occassionally chicken, then at night I get hungry again and I white rice with tilapia or cod. any suggestions for me?? I will NOT eat cucumbers or green beans because they are an alkaline food.

atomic sagebrush
February 3rd, 2011, 01:31 PM
What does baby aspirin do to your pH?

My pH went way down when I lost weight.

The acidophilus could very well be making it go up, but it could also be the calcium in the dairy or just natural fluctuations in the pH of your CM.

If you take an antihistamine, what happens to your CM? Does it dry up? What is your pH after taking an antihistamine?

If it's still high after taking an antihistamine, I would try antihistamine AND Replens/Acijel/Sylk to see if it stays down after you take the antihistamine. If you're drying up most of the CM, then you won't have anything to counteract the acidity. Are you douching? Lime douche may be a good alternative if it works for your pH.

I'm not 100% convinced that pH is make or break. It helps. But you CAN try spermicide instead of low pH to make the vaginal environment more hostile to the sperm. It will accomplish much the same thing as the low pH.

mkarntz1980
February 3rd, 2011, 02:22 PM
Hi,

Well as I stated I have been gaining weight since the diet....I think from all the dairy. I havent tried the anthistamine yet...I might try it today as I am due to O tomorrow, although we arent attempting. I wanted our first attempt to be in March, but not sure thats gonna happen...im not gonna rush this. My ph was actually LOWER a 4.5 when I first started swaying. Replens makes my ph go up, I am picking up my acid jelly from the pharmacy tonight. whats your opionion on lime douche? I would really like to stay away from it if I can. I have sylk but havent used it yet. My CM was pretty dry last month, but this month I tried replens I using quite a bit, and it gave me TONS Of CM and my ph shot through the roof. What do you mean by spermicide? What kind and how much and when would you use it>?

atomic sagebrush
February 3rd, 2011, 06:21 PM
I think lime douche is awfully stressful and messy for people. Not a big fan of lime douche but if it's what works for you, then go for it.

Check out my post about Replens and RepHresh - RepHresh may help even if Replens doesn't. Sylk has def. helped people conceive girls. How much Replens was too much? What happens if you dial it back a little bit??

If you use a tiny bit of spermicide right before your attempt, it may help sway pink by lowering sperm count.

I think you're right to hold off on March and wait a month to see if you can get the weight and pH in a better place!!