PDA

View Full Version : peppermint tea??

mkarntz1980
February 3rd, 2011, 02:05 PM
SO whats the deal with peppermint tea? will it lower ph? or raise it? isnt it supposed to help with progesterone?

lindi
February 3rd, 2011, 03:38 PM
I know that it lowers testosterone.

atomic sagebrush
February 3rd, 2011, 06:24 PM
Yes, it does lower testosterone and may affect estrogen/progesterone in favorable ways. NBP sent me an article about spearmint tea (which is obviously fairly closely related) being used to treat PCOS and hairiness in women.

I don't know what the effect is on pH exactly, but if you put aspartame in it, it should lower pH.

crystal-light
February 4th, 2011, 10:15 PM
I've seen peppermint tea at the grocery store but not spearmint. Do you have to order it online?

lindi
February 4th, 2011, 10:21 PM
I get spearmint at Whole Foods. Traditional Medicinals brand. I do one bag of peppermint, one of spearmint because I find the spearmint is weak.

Coccinelle33
February 4th, 2011, 11:43 PM
why is peppermint tea a no no with clomid??

lindi
February 5th, 2011, 12:44 AM

I wonder too?

atomic sagebrush
February 5th, 2011, 01:16 PM

Because with Clomid, you are affecting very finely tuned balances of hormones and so ANYTHING that affects hormones, runs the risk of interfering with the Clomid. Either making it not work, making it work too well (twins sounds fun but quadruplets, not so much.), or making parts of it work and parts of it not so maybe you conceive but then interfere with the hormonal cascade that allows you to carry a baby = miscarriage. Mint teas in large quantities affect hormones, so are a no-no with Clomid.

lindi
February 5th, 2011, 05:15 PM
shoot! I'll never get rid of this chin hair if I'm on clomid will I? ;)

atomic sagebrush
February 6th, 2011, 10:46 AM
shoot! I'll never get rid of this chin hair if I'm on clomid will I? ;)

Remember you're only on Clomid for 5 days a month - I think you can counteract any effects with diet!

Mum23boys
September 13th, 2012, 03:16 PM
So can u drink peppermint tea when not in clomid during a cycle so like in the 2ww or is it best to avoid it completely while on clomid ? My friend is worried that clomid ad diet alone will not b a strong enough pink sway ?

Mum23boys
September 14th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Bump

atomic sagebrush
September 15th, 2012, 01:09 PM
So can u drink peppermint tea when not in clomid during a cycle so like in the 2ww or is it best to avoid it completely while on clomid ? My friend is worried that clomid ad diet alone will not b a strong enough pink sway ?

NEVER drink peppermint tea in the 2WW, it can cause miscarriage and gender is already determined.

She can have pep tea the cycle BEFORE her Clomid cycle as long as she's taking precautions not to conceive, then stop the pep tea CD 1 and start the Clomid CD 3-5