PDA

View Full Version : Milk and cholesterol??? Atomic need your advise!

mkarntz1980
February 3rd, 2011, 02:17 PM
So you are saying that milk has cholesterol which makes testosterone? Ugh if so I totally need to cut back on my milk. Do you think it would be better for me to drink, maybe 1 or 2 glasses of milke a day, and a yogurt and maybe some cottage cheese?

lindi
February 3rd, 2011, 03:43 PM
Atomic knows way better than me, but dairy has lots of protein and sodium and often added a & d vitamins- vits you don't need/want swaying pink. The protein helps with muscle mass, something you want to lower. Testosterone also helps creates muscle mass, but I don't know of a specific link between dairy and T. The sodium you for sure don't want. I decided to ditch the milk, even though it's slightly acidic. I drink tonic and cran juice.

atomic sagebrush
February 3rd, 2011, 06:42 PM
Yes, exactly. Milk has protein, saturated fat/cholesterol, and added Vit. A and D which are all known to RAISE testosterone. Plus, it has SODIUM and quite a bit of sodium depending on how much you drink. It also has potassium, potassium by law does not have to be listed on the labels of stuff but dairy foods DO have potassium. I would not go overboard with dairy foods and stick to skim dairy. Better to get calcium via supplements (even though you are right, calcium is alkaline).

Rice milk has less sodium, sat. fat, and has NO cholesterol. It too is fortified with A and D and calcium so that is a tradeoff you have to make, or you may be able to find unfortified rice milk. It is also slightly acidic (just like dairy).

atomic sagebrush
February 3rd, 2011, 06:54 PM
Here are a couple links about milk and testosterone

http://www.livestrong.com/article/77393-adult-acne-dairy/

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/boost-testosterone-build-muscle.htm

lindi
February 4th, 2011, 12:58 AM
p.s. I give my son raw whole milk. ( you need to get it from a VERY good source or it can be dangerous- only 100% organic grassfed cows) I can get raw skim for me and did until recently- no vit. a & d added! ...but still the protein and sodium. I just found the whole milk thing not very helpful. There are things to drink and eat that are more helpful, IMO. Tahini has calcium and no sodium, but some protein. Even yogurt doesn;t have the a & d thing added so its better dairy IMO. . Unsweetened cran juice and tonic (tried to find diet with aspartame but only saccharin)- the quinine in tonic lowers testosterone and the cran is super acid, and the tonic I get from the health food store is low sugar, so the whole thing is low calorie.

atomic sagebrush
February 4th, 2011, 10:30 AM
p.s. I give my son raw whole milk. ( you need to get it from a VERY good source or it can be dangerous- only 100% organic grassfed cows) I can get raw skim for me and did until recently- no vit. a & d added! ...but still the protein and sodium. I just found the whole milk thing not very helpful. There are things to drink and eat that are more helpful, IMO. Tahini has calcium and no sodium, but some protein. Even yogurt doesn;t have the a & d thing added so its better dairy IMO. . Unsweetened cran juice and tonic (tried to find diet with aspartame but only saccharin)- the quinine in tonic lowers testosterone and the cran is super acid, and the tonic I get from the health food store is low sugar, so the whole thing is low calorie.

Yes and fiber also helps carry away the excess fat/cholesterol and fat soluble vitamins (A and D) so if you are eating a lot of dairy, try adding fiber capsules to your sway! They will help lower your testosterone and may even help you lose weight.

crystal-light
February 4th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Yes and fiber also helps carry away the excess fat/cholesterol and fat soluble vitamins (A and D) so if you are eating a lot of dairy, try adding fiber capsules to your sway! They will help lower your testosterone and may even help you lose weight.
Didn't know that about fiber, it will definitely be in my sway!

atomic sagebrush
February 5th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Thank lindi for that one!