PDA

View Full Version : 2 Probe

AnnaG1
July 23rd, 2012, 09:31 AM
Hi Dr. Potter
I plan on cycling soon with you! I do have a question regarding 2 probe.

I know you have great success with GSN, but since I would be willing to transfer 2 embryos would just testing gender w/ 2 probe be sufficient? I just tuned 36, 3 children, no miscarriages.

Would transferring 2 embryos that have just been checked just for gender be comparable to transferring ONE GSN embryo of the same developmental stage? I did read that although statisitically not the same, its somwehat comparable.

Thank you :)

Dr. Potter
September 25th, 2012, 02:15 AM
Hi Dr. Potter
I plan on cycling soon with you! I do have a question regarding 2 probe.

I know you have great success with GSN, but since I would be willing to transfer 2 embryos would just testing gender w/ 2 probe be sufficient? I just tuned 36, 3 children, no miscarriages.

Would transferring 2 embryos that have just been checked just for gender be comparable to transferring ONE GSN embryo of the same developmental stage? I did read that although statisitically not the same, its somwehat comparable.

Thank you :)
The problem with 2 probe is that it does not help with with embryo selection. It would be sufficient if you are transferring 2 embryos but if you are a good responder, the pregnancy rate would be higher with 24 chromosome testing

lana2020
October 1st, 2012, 09:03 PM
Dr. Potter, I am low responder and I only produce 3 to 4 eggs. Do you think I can do GSN on day 5 to have transfer or it is better to do do it day 3?

Dr. Potter
October 3rd, 2012, 02:40 AM
The problem with 2 probe is that it does not help with with embryo selection. It would be sufficient if you are transferring 2 embryos but if you are a good responder, the pregnancy rate would be higher with 24 chromosome testingthe advantage is less if embryo selection is not an issue which is the case for low responders. Natera would merely prevent a negative transfer and the transfer of a normals like Down and Turner.