PDA

View Full Version : Opinions please on girl sway

Winngrin
July 23rd, 2012, 01:02 PM
Here goes!!

TTC: Girl, first month late July/early Aug 2012
# of children: 3, all boys! ages 13 &11 from first marriage, age 8 months from DH

DIET: I have been following a combo of IG and LE diet for 6 weeks, Ive done really well. Skip breakfast, low fat greek yogurt or half bagel or matzo crackers with low fat ricotta cheese, dinner is rice or pasta with low fat ricotta, some green beans, very little chicken but have cut that out this month from AF on. Some fat free, sugar free ice cream for a treat. This is completely different than my diet when I concieved all 3 boys....which was high in sodium, fat, basically everything bad and delicious. Think Taco Bell and pizza (although Im naturally thin).

DRINKS: Crystal Lite....lots of it.

CAFFIENE: 1 cup weak coffee some mornings (my 8 month old is teething so Im not sleeping well some nights)

ALCOHOL: None

SUPP:
Calcium: 1200 mg (I debated this a lot but seeing as I never ate dairy and got very little calcium when I concieved my boys, Im going with it).
Magnesium: 300 mg
Cranberry: 10000 mg, upped to 12000 mg from AF this month TTC
Vitamin C: 500mg but gave this up after reading Atomic's posts.
Prenatal vitamin: I debated this also but feel better about taking one in case I do get pregnant. Edited to add, after much thought I am cutting this out, just too many good things in it, LOL! I just bought them and have only taken 3 or 4 days, is this enough to mess up my sway?

Sodium: Very strict about keeping it extremely low
Potassium: Same

DH SUPP: I wasnt able to get him totally on board with diet, but he has cut back on red meat (he's a big time meat and potatoes guy), but he was willing to take supps, has been great about it, and I love him even more for that!
Calcium: 1200
Magnesium: 300
Cranberry: 8000, upped to 12000 from AF on TTC this month

IONS: Not a firm believer here but am doing some anyway (cant hurt right?). Pink negative ion bracelet, rose quartz necklace, lavender shower gel (I hate the smell of lavender). Plan on spending as much time as possible outdoors, light walking near lake with DS3.

PH: I have decided not to track this as I have a tendency to be a bit (ok, a lot) OCD and can see myself easily obsessing over this to the point of being ridiculous. I am hoping that the drastic diet change and supps will be enough to change Ph. I did notice a big difference in CM. I typically have a lot of EWCM, last month there was almost none, I had to rely to OPK and temp to know when I OVed.

REPRESH or DOUCHE: Undecided about this and need help. I did buy some RePresh, but am not sure if I should use it or douche since I am not tracking Ph??

PLAN FOR BD: NEED HELP HERE!!! We are abstaining from AF to cutoff. Last month I OV on CD17, but my period this month is a day shorter so planning on BD on CD13???? Undecided on O+12, not sure I can pinpoint O with very little EWCM, but do track with OPK and temp (unless DS3 doesnt allow me to sleep well enough to get an accurate temp). ANY SUGGESTIONS???

SILLY EXTRAS: Wooden spoon with pink ribbon under bed, pink newborn girl shoes under pillow (I refused to buy anything until I knew the gender of all 3 boys, this time I bought the shoes and may buy a girl dress as well). Chinese calender says GIRL if I concieve in August, which if I get pg this time it will be....barely.

ALSO: I truly believe we will get our girl. I never felt this way before, and I put a lot of stock into the fact that DH is my best friend and I adore him. My first marriage wasnt great, I am in a better place altogehter in my life, am making better decisions than I used to (ah, maturity). I am taking the posistion that this will work, but if for some reason it doesnt and we get a boy, that little boy must be very determined and destined to be ours.

I think thats all!

mummypink
July 23rd, 2012, 05:32 PM
Hi Winn,

Best of luck with your sway, I last ovulated on cd17 too. My plan is to wait until I get a +opk and then bd once or twice that day, my dh has been doing fr once or twice a day since cd5 as no way he could abstain lol! Lets hope we both get our little princesses. :highfive:

BeadinMom
July 23rd, 2012, 06:04 PM
Just wanted to wish you lots of luck!!! :) Xx

elle82
July 23rd, 2012, 06:17 PM
Good luck xxx

Winngrin
July 23rd, 2012, 10:46 PM
Thank you ladies! Fingers crossed for you Mummypink, please let me know how your try goes!!

Tiffani3
July 24th, 2012, 05:31 AM
Good luck fx for you xxx

atomic sagebrush
July 24th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Hi! Three or four days of prenatals can't mess anything up.

I would go lightly on the Crystal Light - 2-3 servings a day is what seems to be safe.

Please be careful when cutting back on sodium and potassium. You NEED these minerals for your health - you can die from not getting them! 700-1000 mg sodium, 2500-3500 mg potassium (this is the same amount in the IGD and FGD, so please do not feel you're harming your sway in any way, you aren't.)

:agree: not checking pH! Good job.

The nice thing about RepHresh is it's designed to keep pH at 4.5-5 range even after EWCM and semen are added, so you can use it wihtout checking pH and just know that it will chemically react with the EWCM and semen and lower their pH as well. The other douches and jellies sort of mix in with, and average out in terms of pH. Only RepHresh will react with whatever it touches to bring pH down. So it's ideal for those who do not want to obsess over pH.

Plan for BD - First of all timing does not sway in any way so I strongly suggest dropping the cutoff. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/7691-trouble-timing.html sEcondly, the length of your period has nothing to do with when you will ovulate so please just go off of OPK and BD when you get a fade-in (if you MUST do a cutoff) or else at positive OPK (easiest, stress free option with great chances of conception). Several of us have gotten girls at positive OPK after 2-3-4 boys with cutoffs - timing really doesn't sway. I don't believe in or like O+12 esp. with abstain and an earlier attempt (because if you abstain, have one attempt, then another attempt a few days later, that second attempt will NOT be abstain and in fact will be perfect boy frequency and give jsut the right amount of time for your husband to make a big batch of sperm) but if you MUST do O+12, the most stress free way is just to BD 48 hours after your positive OPK. If you've already had one attempt, have your husband either switch to compressed FR or else hurry up FR in between your attempts.

Winngrin
July 24th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Thank you so much Atomic!!! I was hoping you would chime in.

Im not sure what a fade in is? Last month I got a almost positive OPK the day before I got a positive, although Ive read that almost positive is really negative so I shouldnt count on that, is that right? As far as I was able to tell I got a positive OPK in the evening, then another the next morning, and it was negative by that evening (so 24 hrs after positive it was neg). Would I BD as soon as I get that first positive? Or just plan a cycle day?

With the RePresh, do I begin using it now that AF has ended, or just arount attempt time?

Thank you, thank you!!