PDA

View Full Version : Insurance?

Possible pink?
July 24th, 2012, 12:36 AM
Hello,
I just found out our insurance covers fertility treatment at 80% in network up to 30K(lifetime). I had no idea about this during consult with you guys. HRC is in network! I guess my question is when you are doing IVF/PGD are you able to code it in order to bill insurance or if it is for family balancing are we excluded from the coverage? I know we will pay HRC up front but even thought of reimbursement from our insurance is wonderful! Does some insurance pay for IVF even without diagnosed fertility problems? Thx in advance!

Dr. Potter
September 25th, 2012, 02:10 AM
Hello,
I just found out our insurance covers fertility treatment at 80% in network up to 30K(lifetime). I had no idea about this during consult with you guys. HRC is in network! I guess my question is when you are doing IVF/PGD are you able to code it in order to bill insurance or if it is for family balancing are we excluded from the coverage? I know we will pay HRC up front but even thought of reimbursement from our insurance is wonderful! Does some insurance pay for IVF even without diagnosed fertility problems? Thx in advance!
It will depend on your history and your carrier. There are many indications for IVF ;)