PDA

View Full Version : % and clomid

Coccinelle33
February 3rd, 2011, 03:44 PM
http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/200951.aspx?PageIndex=1

in this link from ig it says that 88% of pink swayers on clmoid had girls? is that right? am i reading it right?

nuthinbutpink
February 3rd, 2011, 05:55 PM
The actual published study that is out there is 51/48% favoring girls- hardly a huge difference! The girls that were on it on IG were likely wanting a girl and thus had implemented some or all of the other girl swaying factors! I wouldn't get too caught up in IG percentages anyway! I have seen lots of numbers on there, and they are anything but scientific!!

lindi
February 3rd, 2011, 06:01 PM
yes if you look at the spreadsheet only 9 people took clomid, and 8 got girls. Probably not a big enough sample to really take that as the correct %

atomic sagebrush
February 3rd, 2011, 06:50 PM
It's def. interesting and I hope it helps put people's fears about Clomid to rest. But the numbers on IG are known to be unreliable.

Coccinelle33
February 4th, 2011, 01:18 AM
http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/200951.aspx?PageIndex=1

in this link from ig it says that 88% of pink swayers on clmoid had girls? is that right? am i reading it right?

i was more curious about the outcome with women who were swaying for a girl while taking clomid.

atomic sagebrush
February 4th, 2011, 10:20 AM
i was more curious about the outcome with women who were swaying for a girl while taking clomid.

Yes! And I agree that those numbers are extremely encouraging. I just don't want anyone who comes along later and reads this thread to think, oh, Clomid sways 88% for a girl, that means I don't have to do diet or any of the rest of it. We still NEED to do diet 100% and even some other things as well, we can't rely totally on Clomid. (Plus I don't want people getting Clomid by illicit means - on the Internet or taking their friend's Clomid because you can die from it!) You can still have a good sway without Clomid.

lindi
February 4th, 2011, 11:11 AM
anyone know the stats for twins on clomid? and what if the clomid doesn't dry you up enough? what are your options?

atomic sagebrush
February 4th, 2011, 11:54 AM
I've never taken Clomid so I am not 100% certain if it "dries you up" or if it makes thick and hostile mucus. Honestly, I wouldn't take anything along with Clomid because you should only use Clomid for as short a time period as possible. The longer you stay on it, it actually may raise your risk of certain types of cancer.

I would do diet, Clomid, Sylk, and then the mechanical techniques for reducing sperm count (abstain/frequent release, jump and dump, SET) ~if you want to~. You don't HAVE to. I think diet and Clomid alone may be a pretty decent pink sway!!

Stats for twins are 1 in 10 on Clomid, but higher if you have other factors (35-40, family history of twins, breastfeeding)

Coccinelle33
February 4th, 2011, 12:56 PM
why is breastfeeding a factor. i never understood this since breastfeeding makes you less fertile.

lindi
February 4th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Ugh. I DO have fraternal twin aunts. And I conceived twins naturally (one didn't make it) And I'm 35. And I just weaned BFing last month, and they have been leaking a teensie bit. And I have a splendid history of getting pregnant easily.
Ugh.
So what do you think me chances are? The only positive thing in there is twins ups the likelihood one is a girl, right?

atomic sagebrush
February 5th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Yes lindi, that's my thinking as well. Twins does double your chances! I also conceived twins but lost one (my uncles are fraternal twins and I was 39 when I got pg). :( I'm sorry for your loss. You do have a higher chance of twinning with Clomid than someone without that history.

atomic sagebrush
February 5th, 2011, 11:26 AM
why is breastfeeding a factor. i never understood this since breastfeeding makes you less fertile.

They don't know exactly, but I would suspect it's similar to the idea that as you get older and less fertile, your body also begins to put out more than one egg per month. That's why older women have a higher chance at twins.

lindi
February 5th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Yes lindi, that's my thinking as well. Twins does double your chances! I also conceived twins but lost one (my uncles are fraternal twins and I was 39 when I got pg). :( I'm sorry for your loss. You do have a higher chance of twinning with Clomid than someone without that history.

I'm so sorry, AS.

atomic sagebrush
February 6th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Thank you. ♥