PDA

View Full Version : Baby talk

MyLilSweetPeas
February 3rd, 2011, 04:41 PM
My little boy is 2 1/2 and I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I still use baby talk with him. I don't do it all the time though. It's hard to resist especially during snuggles! I know there's a lot of people who never baby talk with their baby but am I the only one who still baby talks with her 2 yr old?

nuthinbutpink
February 3rd, 2011, 04:52 PM
I know I use "sockies" regularly!

atomic sagebrush
February 3rd, 2011, 06:12 PM
There is nothing wrong with it! Really! Studies have been done and everything and they found that baby talk is universal across all cultures, actually HELPS your child learn to talk, and that parents gradually stop doing it as their kids get older!

lindi
February 3rd, 2011, 06:22 PM
The only babytalk I used were crazy pet names I made up for DS. I still use them for him and he LOVES them. I don't know how I could ever give them up!

MyLilSweetPeas
February 4th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Atomic, that's interesting. I think for me it's hard to stop because he's my "baby" and I do believe our last. I'm glad to know it's not hurting anything.

Lindi, I had pet names for my kids too! It was very hard to give up ds 3s and sometimes I still let it slip, lol, and if we're not around anyone he tells me he doesn't want to be called that. His pet name is BooBoo, which is probably a popular one. What's your baby's pet name?

NBP, sockies is too cute!