PDA

View Full Version : Preparing to Sway - Rate my Plan, Answer my Questions!!!

BZ94
July 25th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Hi, I'm new here -- just found this board and I like it much better than IG. Am getting ready to TTC Pink. I have two boys, 4 and 2. Love them to death, but would love a little girl to complete the family. Here's my plan and a few questions:

Today is last day of Birth Control Pills. Do I could the first day without pills or the day I get AF as CD1? My periods on the pill are light to the point of practically nonexistent so it might be hard to tell when it starts/ends.

I have been taking Cal/Mag/D for two weeks, but think I'm going to cut back to just Magnesium supps because I'm prone to kidney stones and I read that Calcium supps can cause more stones. Will be getting my calcium from fat free Greek Yogurt and Low Fat/Low Sodium Cottage Cheese. Don't really drink milk and am trying to limit cheese.

Magnesium -- 1 a day
Cranberry Supps -- 2 pills a day
Acidophilus -- 2 pills a day
Folic Acid -- 1 a day

Will be starting Saw Palmetto tomorrow, and taking AF thru O. Would also like to add Vitex AF thru O, but have to find some first...

Diet: DH and I decided to go vegetarian 5 months ago, having no idea it would help sway girl. So, we've been meat-free for a while. The last two weeks I've cut sodium as much as possible so right now we're at Low-Meat, Low-Sodium, and we generally eat Low-Calorie. Low-nutrient will be the hardest to cut since we love fruits and vegetables, but I'm planning on sticking to raspberries, cranberries, cucumbers, green beans, and salad greens. Protein from quinoa, beans, and yogurt or cheese. I'm skipping breakfast (which sucks!!!) and trying not to snack.

Ions: Have added an ionic purifier to my computer and bedroom. Lavender air freshener, dish soap, dryer sheets, lotion, and oil. Rose Quartz and Tourmaline bracelets. We sleep with the fan on every night.

Also, I'm on Zoloft, not because of TTC pink, and will go off of it as soon as I get a BFP.

Timing - DH travels a lot so it will depend what his schedule is around the time of O, whether we do cutoff or O + 12.

Rephresh every other day until day of attempt, last bit 8-12 hours before.

Zyrtec a couple hours before attempt.

The one thing I probably won't be as committed to is the not working out part -- I workout a lot but am going to try to eliminate weight lifting/strength training around O and do more stuff like yoga. Any idea if HOT yoga would help TTC pink since it raises core body temp?

OK, I think that's it. it helps to have this all in one place so I can see my plan :)

ynwa
July 25th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Hi good luck with your sway,you should count start of af as day 1,and rephresh last 3 days so every 3rd day would be enough.

BZ94
July 25th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Thanks! I was only planning on doing the fingertip amount, do you think that's enough for every 3 days?

Tiffani3
July 26th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Good luck! Xxx

zanacal
July 26th, 2012, 09:54 AM
I would (and did) use a whole applicator of Rephresh every 3 days. It sticks to the insides of your V to lower the pH of everything it comes in to contact with, so I don't believe a finger tip would be as effective.

I think the reason people take magnesium with calcium is to help absorb the calcium - I'm not sure, please correct me somebody if I'm wrong! I'm just thinking that if you've dropped one you may as well drop the other :D

Are you tallying your daily protein intake? 30-40g is the guide and it's quite easy to reach if you're not careful! What a bonus that you're already vegetarian!

I would just DTD at a time when you can get pregnant and your DH is home! Will you/can you do frequent release or abstinance?

Good luck!

elle82
July 26th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Good luck with your sway xxx
I would drop the calcium and magesium and go with vitex and saw palmetto instead.
Same as Zanacal, I'm going to be using the whole applicator of Rephresh every 3 days.

BZ94
July 26th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Thanks! OK maybe I'll drop the cal/mag altogether and add vitex. Haven't discussed swaying with DH -- with DS 1 and 2 he wouldn't have gone along, but now that he has his "heir and a spare" he'd love a little girl, so he might be up for taking cranberry supps and doing FR. Not sure if I can talk him into abstinence lol.

atomic sagebrush
July 28th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Hi and welcome B!

CD 1 is the first day of bright red bleeding - don't sweat it if you don't get it exactly, ballpark is close enough.

You don't need to take cal-mag - a lot of us didn't take it and still got girls. If you have kidney stones you shouldn't take it OR cranberry either. Here's the case against cal-mag (three parter, links in the first to the other two)http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-girl/610-calcium-conundrum-controversial.html and here's the cranberry thread (I don't think I have the cranberry/kidney stone connection in here because I just found out about it, but cranberry can trigger kidney stones) http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-girl-best-practices/7086-how-lower-ph-via-supps-cran-baby-aspirin-aspartame-other-techniques.html

You need 700-1000 mg of sodium and 2500-3500 mg of potassium for health - you can actually die from not getting enough. Don't cut back too far!!

Both Zoloft and coming off of BCP can help sway pink.

You can use timing if you want, but we don't believe it sways. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/7691-trouble-timing.html We are getting excellent results TTC a girl on O Day and the day before O (and also much higher rates of conception that way.)

As long as you're only using a tiny amount of RepHresh, you can use it every other day. Most of us use a full applicator every three days - your call to make.

Take Zyrtec 6 hours before attempt - Zyrtec takes some time to get rolling but then works for 24-48 hours afterwards.

It's not your temp itself that sways pink (IF temps even DO sway), it's that your hormonal profile is different and that changes your temps. The hormones are swaying, not your body temperature.

BZ94
July 28th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the response/advice, Atomic! If I don't do cranberry, would you recommend baby aspirin instead? Also, I was having a hard time finding Vitex in my grocery stoer and pharmacy but found some women's vitamin blends that had chasteberry, black cohosh and red raspberry leaf, but I wasn't sure if that was OK so I just ordered some pure Vitex from Amazon. What do you think?

atomic sagebrush
July 29th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Yes, I recommend aspirin over cranberry (I am not a huge fan of cranberry for DW) Details here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-girl-best-practices/7086-how-lower-ph-via-supps-cran-baby-aspirin-aspartame-other-techniques.html

The pure vitex is what you want. I think RRL may sway blue and I want everyone to stay away from the cohoshes, those things are nasty and dangerous.